Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,920)

Showing posts 98,381 - 98,400 of127,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How can I understand something when no one here has yet to even explain it?
How does the priesthood run in ones bloodline? Is the blood magic?
You guys answer questions that no one asked, while for some reason you think you are answering our questions.
The priesthood is conferred by one that holds the priesthood putting their hands on a person's head and bestowing it upon them. That is easiest tracked by father to son, though it can be conferred by any worthy member.
Why Jesus' bloodline was mentioned was to show that the prophecy was fulfilled. He was from the lineage of David.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>It could be round 10 Billion...
Where is the evidence for this?
PrivateSectorCit izens

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Which do you have a question on?
Yes, we the people have some questions, thank you.

What are US (hint Patriot Act) policies on dealing with the remains of NON US citizen, terrorists in the U.S. of A.?

Thank you on behalf of-
Private sector citizens watching other private sector citizen having to currently handling the situation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Before that there was no matter, Just Energy... E=Mc2... No Matter, No Time... No matter no clock, no matter no physical laws... No Matter No Space, No Universe, No Thing.... Just a Quantum of Energy in a Unified Indefinable State... Once the first 2 Physical Particles of matter convert then All the laws of Physics, Space, Time, The Universe exists....
Where Is the evidence for this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Why? There is no need... It's a process that naturally occurs throughout the observed universe... It's still happening now... It will continue to happen for billions of years to come... If Humans do not find a way to leave this tiny ball of mud all human kind will vanish from the universe in the future... the moon is moving away at a few inches per year and in a short million years will be a few million inches further away causing less stability of the planet....

The Insertion of the concept of God is for your own personal ego to make you feel more important than you really are... It's a Human Ego Concept that allows a being that is equivalent to a virus on a mite on a flea on a fly on a bird on a elephants back to feel important... So Important that a God made the universe for them to live in... Actually so important that God takes notice of their lives and allows greatness...

Reality is man is no more than a virus scale critter on a tiny planet orbiting a mundane star on the out skirt of a mundane galaxy among Billions upon billions of other far more notable galaxies with Trillions upon Trillions of far more notable stars....
Well as you have read, I believe that each of those stars we see could have the same type situation going on, with their own god that they are subject to. So the never ending cycles could be because of them. And we belong to the God that created this galaxy.
So in my mind, you still have not explained away the need for God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If intelligence must be created, then who created that intelligent creator?
I've already answered this for you. If I'm right, the Father has a Father, and so on

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry. It is spelled Kolob:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

"Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work that is traditionally held by adherents of the Mormon faith as having been translated from some Egyptian papyrus scrolls by Joseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint (LDS) movement. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star",[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3]"

Of course, as it turns out, the Egyptian scrolls don't say anything at all about Kolob, Abraham, or anything else Smith wrote.
Yes I know what Kolob is. Wasn't sure if the other was something else.

Yes, the remaining scrolls are not the portion that the Book of Abraham was included in. These were just in the pile of stuff that Joseph bought. He was prompted to buy the lot of stuff not knowing what it was for. They didn't really need the mummies either.
They aren't sure where the other scrolls are now. Some think they were lost between Nauvoo and Utah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Sure. Science asks questions all over the place. Backward, forward, sideways. But I suspect your reasons are not about learning science, but about securing a "Gotcha" moment. When a person says that science doesn't know this or that answer you insert God.

Its the way Creationists work. I don't know if you subscribe to Creationism or not, but this is one of their tactics.

Meanwhile, as I pointed out, a Creationist believes in magic, ghosts, and zombies. Yet its the science folks who are crazy?
Magic, ghosts and zombies? Not exactly, but nice attempt to discredit.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You really can't understand that a person can be moral and ethical without an imaginary parental figure standing over them, can you?
It's not that hard.
Simply never act in a manner that would cause you discomfiture.
Embarrassed to be caught in a lie? Then DON'T lie.
Uncomfortable to be seen stealing? Then DON'T steal.
Distressed to be found cheating? Then DON'T cheat.
See? Simple. I'm about the realist "realist" you will meet.
It all depends on ones personal views on what Ethics and morality mean
We have a political system,supposedly composed of honorable public servants,whom,are constantly being accused and found guilty of various ethical violations.Stealing,bribery,se xual misconduct
lying etal..

We find the same incidents within those who serve in law enforcement,the justice system,attorneys and within our armed forces,all reflective of the society in which we live.
Not to mention,some of our religious institutions.

Of course,when charged,they vehemently deny their guilt,but the overwhelming evidence stacked against them,soon leads to a conviction.
More than that,due to the power imbedded in their positions,in many cases they are able to hide their misdeeds from the public and their superiors conveniently either ignore them or attempt to hide them.
This problem also afflicts the general public,to some,more than others Nevertheless,we are all afflicted by our flawed human nature.
Any one claiming that they have never done anything for which they should feel guilty or ashamed,is either lying or has a very low Ethics and Morality bar.
The self righteous,the arrogant,those with a seared conscience and misguided sociopaths have no problem in justifying their unethical or immoral behaviour.
If,as you say,it is that simple,then why have these issues not been resolved by society?
Obviously,it is not that simple and you are not a realist
YiagoLovesWiki

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. It is spelled Kolob:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob
What a surprise... Wiki: The Lazy person's online educational Rolodex.
YiagosName

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You post under a lot of names.
Of course I do and you usually soil your panties when I use your name. I know it chafes.
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say Wiki was a "valid scientific source". It is an encyclopedia. It contains articles. The articles are *summaries* of topics. And at the bottom are usually a ton of links to the sources used in the article.
For purposes of casual internet discussions and debates Wikipedia is a good starting source of information.
It is sad that I have to explain this.
Now, if you think otherwise then here's a challenge. Go back to that Wiki page that was linked and show us where it is wrong. If Wiki is a terrible source of information then you should have no problem at all showing us all where the article is incorrect and providing us with supporting data.
Or you could just reply with another juvenile insult under a different name.
The point is you use Wiki as a means to validate your silly Topix debates as if you're a MENSA scholar proving your point with evidence from the Scientific Commons community. You consider Wiki valid; otherwise, you wouldn't use it as such a continual crutch.

It's laughable, yet predictable for you Topix polymaths who sit at home in your trailers, crusading via the forums, imagining you are changing the world and showcasing your unparalleled intelligence.
Of course, I have to ridicule you.

Just for fun, how about you and Mike post a South Park video from YouTube. Let us all glean some intelligence.

LOL
EthicalYiago

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I love ethics. It would be nice to have discussions about ethics on here, but I seriously doubt we could do it without wading through page after page of Bible thumping.
You could start your own thread entitled, "Ethics as defined by Wiki and YouTube."
That would draw in the scientists and intellectuals like hillbillies to whiskey, I'm sure.
AnotherName

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you could just reply with another juvenile insult under a different name.
It doesn't matter what name I use or you use to post on Topix. You know it's me and that's all that matters.
I've told you many times that the name under which we post is irrelevant. It's the content of the comment that people should debate. You can't ever get past the name and it's long been the subject of your continual whiny protests in an effort to avoid my actual comments.

It's funny though that you feel personally "insulted" simply because I ridiculed the use of Wiki in so called scientific or intellectual debate.
That speaks volumes about your credibility as a "scholar."
QuantummistsXana x

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had that answered several times.... Matter converted from energy... Now if it makes you feel better to say God caused the conversion at the BB that's fine, unnecessary but if it makes life simpler for you.... Those that understand science tend to go with energy just converted some of it's energy into matter, happens every second without someone waving a magic wand... But there is no Creation... From the instant matter converted all we observe was set into motion and physical laws took over...
Quanty, go ahead and explain to the YouTube boobs EXACTLY how the first matter formed.
If you say energy formed it, then explain how that particular energy came into existence first.
Avoid any circular reasoning that the Christians use. Let's hear it straight from the heart of Barbourville... how did matter and energy come into existence the very first time.
Don't use any references to magic either (poof, it just happened), and don't say you don't know, or that you're not 100% positive, or it "might have been" because, Quanty, we all know science has ALL the answers and YOU know everything.

I got my popcorn ready, and I'm waiting for you to end this big debate once and for all...
You can do it. Go, Quanty, Go!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the evidence for this?
There isn't any therefore the Could Be part.... But of course I Don't Believe there was....
Quantummist

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It could be round 10 Billion...
"could be"
Those are not the words of a scientific genius who knows all and is certain of all his answers.
People who KNOW don't have to guess.
Give some certainty, Quanty. Prove yourself to these hillbillies.
You can do it.
Quantummist

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Could Be.... But ...I Don't Believe....
So you don't know 100%?
Not much authority, Quanty. Do better.
Quantummist

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I would start with basic general science class and then take Physics, Geology, Chemistry courses to begin with before getting into the more esoteric sciences....
"Basic general science" then straight to physics, eh?
That's not the actual order in which the sciences are presented in school, Quanty.
I'm wondering if the only Physics study you've had was via a NOVA video on PBS, or perhaps you are a subscriber to the NOVA channel on YouTube.
Your posts display very little "evidence" of formal education in a classroom or research lab...
a meth lab, maybe.

Did they even offer Physics in your school way back then?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad that you believe children are evil.
No I did not say that!
I said they/we are just sinners!
It's people that WANT to sin, that are Evil!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

Farkus wrote:
Nice to see the Christian Apologists on here referencing verses from the Book of John on what God thinks about Homosexuals.
The verse that is used to HATE Homosexuals is in Leviticus. The same book that says that eating shellfish and hooved animals is an abomination, and that a woman who is on her period must sacrifice animals to cleanse herself before entering the Temple.
Do you Christians not even READ your own fairytale? No wonder you want it taught in schools.
Here is a great deal for you: I would have no problem teaching the Bible in public schools as long as ALL religious texts are taught AND all religions will start paying taxes and fund the classes. I'm sure the 'money changers' like Kenneth 'Jesus told me to buy a 20 million dollar jet' Copeland wouldn't go for that.
It'd be nice if you understood what you say you've read!
Can you say "New Testament"...
Try Romans 1!
Fact is, I am not a Jew... I'm a Gentile, so a lot
of those health laws do not really apply to us!
Having lived the vile lifestyle, I can squarely proclaim
that it is an abomination unto the Lord!
I've repented my life, and have been forgiven...
Those sins have NO hold on me anymore, and
I wish that for Every sinner!
Repent! You WILL be Glad you did!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,381 - 98,400 of127,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DemocRATS 144,751
weed eating 4 min Rumors 20
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,545
Blackberries $20/gallon 3 hr Brian 4
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr LMS 26,171
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr LMS 16,112
4 sale 3 hr travis 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 5 hr Cantfixstupid 374
KC Basketball Coach Thu breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••