Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,281 - 98,300 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#102857 May 8, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again!
I was taught right from wrong... I chose to do wrong until I learned to care!
A child with head turned away, and a steady calm voice saying
"What are you doing?" the child will hide, and lie about it!
Learning to "Care" about others is what keeps you right...
as I care about you, and every other sinner on this site...
God saved me... He will save you too...
Repent!
I wonder if Jesus started his statements with "wrong again sparky"? If you are trying to act like the jesus I read about in the bible, you have failed massively.
This leaves me to continue to believe,Christians do not usually try to be as Jesus.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102858 May 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>From what I read if your posts, if you are acting like Jesus, then he was a rude person.
Faisel, Picot, Bueller?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102859 May 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Blessed are those that Have not seen, and still believe...
God saved me... I KNOW He is real... Wishing you did too!
Why? Why are believers more blessed? Why is believing without seeing rewarded?
Most claims that cannot be shown with evidence are not a good thing to blindly accept. But for some reason religion claims blindly accepting is a good trait to have.
None here has shown any logic to this point.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102860 May 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
Satan leads you to other gods...
You forget it was the God of Israel that gave us Jesus!
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
By your reasoning, Satan is all over the Middle East and India. Guess the Holy Ghost cannot find his way over there well.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102861 May 8, 2013
Gen. 25:1 "Then Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah."

1 Chron. 1:32 "Keturah, Abraham's concubine."

SO, WHICH was it (wife or concubine) you Christian Bible Scholars? WHICH?

This is simply ONE of hundreds of contradictions in the comic book that YOU say is the Word of God.

SILLY PEOPLE!

AND no I don't expect an answer, but thanks for playing!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102862 May 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So what existed before time? You think it's plausible that there was just a void, then time started on its own?
There "was" no "void." There "was" no "before" time.
How can so many Christians be absolutely perplexed at the concept of "no time before time, no space before space" and simultaneously insist that they understand God? It is similar to saying that they can't grasp what a null set is, but can clearly picture infinity.
Show me -4 on a yardstick that hasn't been milled from a board that hasn't been cut from a tree that hasn't been planted yet.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102863 May 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You should believe in Unicorns...
Up until the 1800's single horned Rhinoceroses were defined as Unicorns!
Your logic is flawed by man's understanding...
Irreducible complexity should tell you this, but yet you listen
to sinful man...
Go figure!
I believe in rhinos because their is actual evidence of rhinos. Now the flying unicorns some people claim exist, I have no faith in. Now why do you not have faith in flying unicorns? I thought blind faith was rewarded?

I am a man, thus I use mans logic. I do not use fairy tale logic.

So you think something on earth is irreducibly complex? Well most of the scientists who study this stuff do not agree with your claim.
So why should I listen to you over them?
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102864 May 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan leads you to other gods...
THIS is funny. I know you're not into logic, but what is the reason God created Satan?

How did Satan get into the Garden?

God created ALL and is ALL powerful and he didn't see the Devil coming? Seems he has less power than Iron Man...

One more logic comment for you: Let me see if I have it correct...Jesus is God in the flesh, so GOD sent HIMSELF to be killed for OUR sins to save US from HIMSELF.

WOW!!!
Doll

Monticello, KY

#102865 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that's not what you're doing, is it? You are trying to get everyone to agree with you, using fear tactics (trying to) and bullying. The reason is because you don't want to admit your imaginary babysitter is really an extension of your own ego, and thus, when we deny it exists, you feel we are reminding you that you have no power. Your religion has taken all your own self worth away, so now you cannot tolerate being reminded of how powerless you are, thus, you cannot stand the atheists like me who remind you that you are powerless over everyone else.
In short, you are useless because you allowed religion to make you useless and now you have to force yourself to believe you are not useless.
I don't know or care how old you are because that doesn't matter. One question..What happens to your power over your own body/self when you are in stage 4 cancer. I don't want a 5th grade remark. Really, what then. Will you rely on the goodness of others? Blow your brains out perhaps? When the time comes to be called out (and it will) you are no more powerful than I am. You have NO power against death and that's what matters because you don't know how long you have. Your blasphemy will not keep God from taking you out. "It rains on the just and unjust all the same." The only difference is I have hope and you are left hopeless. The saved will hear "Enter into thy rest ye good and faithful servant" while the unsaved will hear "Depart from Me ye workers of iniquity for I never knew you." Your making fun of it on here will not hurt me in the slightest but it will make all the difference in the end for you. That six foot hole is waiting for you. It matters not how long it has to wait, it will still be there. The end does eventually come to us all. Like it/believe it or not you have a soul that has to go somewhere. You do have the power to choose and that is ALL the power over your self that you really have. The rest is what God allows. You need a trip to the terminal floor at a hospital. I've seen the vilest unbelievers in life crying out to God for some kind of mercy at the end same as the Christian.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102866 May 8, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what an"excuse" that would be for the twisted and warped.
Nope. The kids in the current admin need to grow up, take off their little muzac JayZ/Beyouncee whatever streaming earphones, get a clue, and realize, the offices the people of this nation voted them into, require them to WORK and have to EARN their tax payer paid for salaries too.
The fact that SOME of them are in over their heads (or that they are blind behind rose colored glasses or something) is so obvious with this latest show of lacking in leadership, is obvious.
The remains of a NON-citizen terrorist thug, who incited hell and havoc on a US city, should have NEVER made it's way to the private sector for handling.
Just another FAILED moment of NO domestic policy and clueless, on handling terrorists and terrorism out the current administration.
Just this week it will have to share the media streams with the Benghazi trial.
Shameful.
Figures that you were a tea party republican.
So Obama leads the charge to get Bin Laden and Bush failed to do so, yet you claim he cannot handle terrorists?
Bush could not get the guy who was responsible for the greatest terrorist attack America has known. Bus said he did not even think about him much(Bin Laden). Now that is a failure.
Doll

Monticello, KY

#102867 May 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why? Why are believers more blessed? Why is believing without seeing rewarded?
Most claims that cannot be shown with evidence are not a good thing to blindly accept. But for some reason religion claims blindly accepting is a good trait to have.
None here has shown any logic to this point.
Well it's this way..If you work for Ford don't expect a paycheck from GM. Ask the "fates" or your father Satan to bless you. Then you wait...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102868 May 8, 2013
Doll wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know or care how old you are because that doesn't matter. One question..What happens to your power over your own body/self when you are in stage 4 cancer. I don't want a 5th grade remark. Really, what then. Will you rely on the goodness of others? Blow your brains out perhaps? When the time comes to be called out (and it will) you are no more powerful than I am. You have NO power against death and that's what matters because you don't know how long you have. Your blasphemy will not keep God from taking you out. "It rains on the just and unjust all the same." The only difference is I have hope and you are left hopeless. The saved will hear "Enter into thy rest ye good and faithful servant" while the unsaved will hear "Depart from Me ye workers of iniquity for I never knew you." Your making fun of it on here will not hurt me in the slightest but it will make all the difference in the end for you. That six foot hole is waiting for you. It matters not how long it has to wait, it will still be there. The end does eventually come to us all. Like it/believe it or not you have a soul that has to go somewhere. You do have the power to choose and that is ALL the power over your self that you really have. The rest is what God allows. You need a trip to the terminal floor at a hospital. I've seen the vilest unbelievers in life crying out to God for some kind of mercy at the end same as the Christian.
So you need a god when that cancer gets you that god refused to cure?
Clearly god is helping no one at the cancer ward. He leaves them in their never ending pain as if has no care for them.
You need hope of an afterlife while you have cancer? Does this make your hopes valid?
If you are so sure of an afterlife then ask the doctor to not bother with trying to keep you alive. Why waste the money and effort?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102869 May 8, 2013
Doll wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's this way..If you work for Ford don't expect a paycheck from GM. Ask the "fates" or your father Satan to bless you. Then you wait...
This does not explain why blind faith is good at all. In fact you completely avoided the entire question.
I do not believe in satan. Why do you not ask Mohammed?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102870 May 8, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
God is Good!
If god murdered everyone on the planet in that flood, then I do not think he is good at all. In fact I call this evil.
Do you have evidence a good god exists?
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102871 May 8, 2013
Doll wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's this way..If you work for Ford don't expect a paycheck from GM. Ask the "fates" or your father Satan to bless you. Then you wait...
You people just don't get it do you?

Atheists don't believe in ANY of your made up Gods and that includes Satan.

Answer me this: Why did God create sin? Why did God create Satan? If your answer is that Man created sin, well I guess God wasn't as ALL knowing as everyone thinks huh? Couldn't God see Satan coming? How did Satan get into the Garden?

Also, like I already posted how about this bit of Logic: So, Jesus is God in the flesh. So, God sent HIMSELF to be killed for OUR sins to save US from himself.

THAT is comedy comic book gold right there. And I'm at peace, and I will call to no sky God at the end of my life because I have and am now living in the reality of KNOWING that THIS life is the only one there is. I have had a grave medical condition and I called the doctor, and I'm fine now. I wonder if all the homeless are calling on God right now? I guess he doesn't hear the cries of babies. No, But Jesus talked to Pastor Kenneth Copeland and told him to buy a 20 million dollar jet for his church. Wonder how many starving children that would have fed?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102872 May 8, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
By the way, I have done nothing that I need to feel guilty about. Try to get that through your thick head.
I am NOT you.
aWitchintheWoods"]<
By the way, I have done nothing that I need to feel guilty about. Try to get that through your thick head

That may be due to having a self imposed moral standard,set low enough to permit an anything goes attitude.
The lower the standard,the less you have to feel guilty about.
This is done,in order to justify ones false belief that the flaws in their human nature are virtues.
You can see that in criminal court proceedings.
The accused very seldom feels remorse , shame or guilt for their actions..
They do feel sorry,,,Sorry they got caught
Doll

Monticello, KY

#102873 May 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This does not explain why blind faith is good at all. In fact you completely avoided the entire question.
I do not believe in satan. Why do you not ask Mohammed?
Mr.D. So what if YOU don't believe in anything? That is your loss not mine. It does not change the Truth. Most people don't want to believe in the things they are afraid of. It won't make it go away. I do not ask Mohammed because he has no power. He is a dead god.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102874 May 8, 2013
Doll wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know or care how old you are because that doesn't matter. One question..What happens to your power over your own body/self when you are in stage 4 cancer. I don't want a 5th grade remark. Really, what then. Will you rely on the goodness of others? Blow your brains out perhaps? When the time comes to be called out (and it will) you are no more powerful than I am. You have NO power against death and that's what matters because you don't know how long you have. Your blasphemy will not keep God from taking you out. "It rains on the just and unjust all the same." The only difference is I have hope and you are left hopeless. The saved will hear "Enter into thy rest ye good and faithful servant" while the unsaved will hear "Depart from Me ye workers of iniquity for I never knew you." Your making fun of it on here will not hurt me in the slightest but it will make all the difference in the end for you. That six foot hole is waiting for you. It matters not how long it has to wait, it will still be there. The end does eventually come to us all. Like it/believe it or not you have a soul that has to go somewhere. You do have the power to choose and that is ALL the power over your self that you really have. The rest is what God allows. You need a trip to the terminal floor at a hospital. I've seen the vilest unbelievers in life crying out to God for some kind of mercy at the end same as the Christian.
Oh, let me guess - you believe that wee children should be taught about God's mercy.
If anything has been posted in the last several months that displays such a frothing rabid malice that I would cross the street rather than to share a sidewalk with an Xtian, this is it.
You don't want a 5th grade reply to a 5th century tirade. Understandable. Would it be a misconception that you believe most unbelievers are vile? You BLAME them for the exact same end stage horrors and agonies that beset some Christians. You even seem to HOPE for it. What a pleasant person. Hospice caregiver? Rough on the psyche, for sure. I'll keep you in my prayers.
"Your blasphemy will not keep God from taking you out?" What a loving God.
Animals do not sin, yet they die. The NATURAL order of life is seldom pretty. Show me a devout God fearing immortal and I'll show you a cult leading liar.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102875 May 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>A little be hedging, some Pascal's Wager?

I disagree. I think science can tell us what happens after death exactly the same way it tells us lots of other things. By evidence.

The evidence: nothing happens to you after death. You die, end of story.

Now...your body has a big ole time for a short spell, that's for sure. Lots of biological activities with your dead tissue. But you, as a person, are gone. All that remains are the memories of others and the things you left behind.

And that's got to be good enough.

If there was some kind of post-death activity of consciousness science could, in theory, detect it. So far, not a peep.

Now that dose not mean it won't some day detect something. Nobody can predict that. But as it stands, nothing. No ghosts, no goblins, no spirits, no gods, no demons, no afterlife, no heaven, no hell, no Zenu, and no Colob.
As I said, if I'm right and the spirit is its own entity that can exist outside the body, then the brain would show no activity because the spirit is gone from it.

What's Colob?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102876 May 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>This infinite regress of questions has no end. Even if someone could definitively answer you on every one of them you could just keep moving the goalpost back a notch.

Meanwhile you believe that a magic man lives in the clouds and that you will one day have a planet of your own.

I don't see how you think this line of debate gains you anything.
What's wrong with going back in time? I received a good answer from Q on the BB, so I asked what about just before that. Isn't that the logical step to take when asking these questions?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min Limbertwig 151,301
man and woman who walks in dog town? 24 min hiphop 3
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 36 min tired of it 1,596
Kentucky Fried Chicken 2 hr Go Figure 2
Walmart Supercenter 4 hr jack 2
The Audit 5 hr haha 29
knox board of ed raising taxes 6 hr disgusted 4
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 31 at 4:13AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs