Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,221 - 98,240 of 130,291 Comments Last updated 23 min ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

"What makes a Christian a Christian"

The ability to have faith that there are, burning bushes that talk, animals that have the gift of human language, property rights on women, no rights for gays, people who live in a whales stomach, no rights for non-believers, invisible critters that tempt and reward.

There's more of course but one word works.

Ignorance.
LOL in a suit

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

aMISANTHROPEintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't have flaws.
Why do YOU?
Lying is a flaw.
Having 600 cats in one trailer is a flaw.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> What is taught is...
Learning to care!
Duh. That is what I said.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> What does a child do when caught doing something???
It happens even when you've never told it NOT to do that thing!
Yes, the child knows by the LOOK on the parent's face when they are NOT supposed to be doing something. Words may not even be necessary.
A parent's disapproval is obvious to the child.

To a child, playing in feces, putting the cat in the toliet or pointing a loaded gun at your face are all the same UNTIL THEY LEARN DIFFERENTLY.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> They/we know something is wrong before being told...
Just lil sinners needing redemption!
According to you, you did lots of "wrong."
Too bad someone didn't raise you better.
Now you think you don't have any responsibility for what you've done.
Convenient religion much?

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Hey Witch
My posting was not addressed to the self righteous..
There was no need for you to respond
I'm not self-righteous.
I'm just a good person who doesn't lie, cheat or steal.

I posted since you needed to know that not everyone is like you.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
"What makes a Christian a Christian"
The ability to have faith that there are, burning bushes that talk, animals that have the gift of human language, property rights on women, no rights for gays, people who live in a whales stomach, no rights for non-believers, invisible critters that tempt and reward.
There's more of course but one word works.
Ignorance.
LOL, remember this? You wrote it about a year ago.

"A christian only reads the bible, it takes an atheist to explain it to them."

Brilliant.
aLIARintheWoods

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not self-righteous.
You said you have "no flaws." That is a lie. You just lied.
Why did you lie?

It's called hypocrisy.
So true

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Ignorance.. Hi .. Lol guess I'm not a Christian then, if that is what it means.. My dog sings too me, however I am a woman, and we all have rights.. So guess I'm just ignorant. But that's okay, loves to ya anyway:)
So true

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Great night to all... :)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

So true wrote:
Ignorance.. Hi .. Lol guess I'm not a Christian then, if that is what it means.. My dog sings too me, however I am a woman, and we all have rights.. So guess I'm just ignorant. But that's okay, loves to ya anyway:)
The Bible does say that chattel have rights, just not many of them.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not self-righteous.
I've known some people who consider their many flaws to be virtues,yet when they see these so called virtues in others ,they are quick to identify them for what they really are,flaws.
Their behaviour may be attributed to vanity,arrogance,they may be conceited, they may be afflicted by a superiority complex, in believing that what applies to others does not apply to them.
In the process,they have the audacity to self proclaim themselves as being good.
I have no problem admitting to my many faults,as confession is good for the soul.
To deny them would be to deceive myself into thinking that I am that, which I am not.
You probably will not understand what I have posted,since in your self righteous state,you may not be able to discern it's meaning....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No!
It is born in him/her... it's called a conscience!
Knowing right from wrong, and not caring... that's from the fall!
All lil sinners NEEDING redemption!
Sad that you believe children are evil.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost my attention at http://www.wi ki....
Just facts please-not opinion, as I have my own. Thank you.
What a dodge. All them dang facts gettin' in the way of my sword and sorcery fantasy!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,the Bible is very objective about Jesus.It states the truth about him,something you are unable to understand or accept
The Bible provides one with the instructions as to how one will come to know God and Jesus Christ.
In order to come to that Knowledge,you have to follow the instructions contained therein,not make up your own.
You and others have refused to follow those instructions,and you know what they are,because you have read them.
So,to claim that ,God does not exist,when you have failed to follow the instructions that will lead to his revealing himself to you,is illogical..
The path you have chosen to take,leads you away from the answer,not closer.
It's like,when one buys a product that comes with instructions as to how it should be assembled,and
one refuses to follow the instructions.
Well, when the product does not work,one can not blame the manufacturer,one must blame himself ,for not following the instructions that the manufacturer provided.
And,to go back and tell the manufacturer that you refuse to follow the instructions he provided,is an emotional response,certainly,not a logical one.
Like you said"You don't care what the Bible says".Therefore your conclusion that it is inaccurate is based on your opinion,not on your having tested it's validity,by following the instructions it contains.
Which,in turrn,makes your conclusions invalid,since it is based on your opinion,not on facts.
Let's say that Charles Manson has a rabid fan club and they write the story of his life. Would you read that book and assume it is all literally true or would you take it with a grain of salt?

The authors of the New Testament were trying to establish a religion based on the life of a man. Treating their words as gospel (pun intended) would be a tremendous fallacy.

When the source of information has a strong chance of being overtly biased you need to seek evidence outside that source. I'm not saying the Bible is wrong, I'm saying the Bible is biased to the utmost degree.

Your reply to me is to just reiterate your faith. I have no use for faith in a debate about reality.

Show me your evidence, not your beliefs.
ROFL

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dodge. All them dang facts gettin' in the way of my sword and sorcery fantasy!
Are you calling Wiki a source of valid "facts"?

LOL

Yes, and YouTube is the place to go for scientific research.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case, like it or not, science cannot tell us what happens after death. All it can say is that brain activity stops. So the claims that Jesus made cannot be tested until after you die. If I am right, couldn't you imagine the reactions of all those that suddenly realize they were wrong about there being no afterlife? If I'm wrong, there will be no one there telling me "I tried to tell you".
Anyway, I do not discount what science can tell us or provide for us, but in this case, it remains silent.
A little be hedging, some Pascal's Wager?

I disagree. I think science can tell us what happens after death exactly the same way it tells us lots of other things. By evidence.

The evidence: nothing happens to you after death. You die, end of story.

Now...your body has a big ole time for a short spell, that's for sure. Lots of biological activities with your dead tissue. But you, as a person, are gone. All that remains are the memories of others and the things you left behind.

And that's got to be good enough.

If there was some kind of post-death activity of consciousness science could, in theory, detect it. So far, not a peep.

Now that dose not mean it won't some day detect something. Nobody can predict that. But as it stands, nothing. No ghosts, no goblins, no spirits, no gods, no demons, no afterlife, no heaven, no hell, no Zenu, and no Colob.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Simplified:
What triggered the event that began everything that we see today?(Big bang if you like)
This infinite regress of questions has no end. Even if someone could definitively answer you on every one of them you could just keep moving the goalpost back a notch.

Meanwhile you believe that a magic man lives in the clouds and that you will one day have a planet of your own.

I don't see how you think this line of debate gains you anything.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ROFL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
http://www.youtube.com/user/UCBerkeley

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ROFL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You do understand what Wikipedia is, right? It is a crowd-sourced online encyclopedia. If you look at the link you refused to read you will see a list of references at the bottom. This is analogous to a bibliography in a book or article. You can vet each and every one of them if you like.

So please educate us. What parts of the Wiki article are incorrect? Cite your own sources and explain why you think they are better.

Remember, the Wiki page is only a gateway to information. It is a summary, not a source. But you would be hard pressed to find a better and more universally accepted starting point for a casual debate than Wikipedia.

Now, do you have something to say about the content or was this just a matter of lazy dodging?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

ROFL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
And if you are not the poster I was replying to earlier, I apologize. But the point stands.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Nice to see the Christian Apologists on here referencing verses from the Book of John on what God thinks about Homosexuals.

The verse that is used to HATE Homosexuals is in Leviticus. The same book that says that eating shellfish and hooved animals is an abomination, and that a woman who is on her period must sacrifice animals to cleanse herself before entering the Temple.

Do you Christians not even READ your own fairytale? No wonder you want it taught in schools.

Here is a great deal for you: I would have no problem teaching the Bible in public schools as long as ALL religious texts are taught AND all religions will start paying taxes and fund the classes. I'm sure the 'money changers' like Kenneth 'Jesus told me to buy a 20 million dollar jet' Copeland wouldn't go for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min as above so below 150,100
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 32 min SLY WEST 3,476
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 1 hr IronHammer 8
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 2 hr Dental Assistant 41
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 3 hr Big fan 3
Lesb or Bi 3 hr Good time Sally 2
Charmaine 3 hr Who 2

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••