Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,030

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#102777 May 7, 2013
[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I think it is evil to condemn homosexuality.

What Christian person is condemming the homosexual...I don't condemn the homosexual, I condemn the act itself as I don't condemn the murderer, but the act of murder,as I don't condemn the abuser but the act of abuse. These are all sins that can be forgiven in the eyes of the Lord, we as Christians love the sinner but hate the sin.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#102778 May 7, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
You can always tell when someone is telling the Truth, because they're told to shut up before they get to speak. This is why the Truth is so hard to find, because no one gets the chance to hear it from those who know it. The only way you can know that you know the truth is when everyone stops listening to you.
Like Osama, Clinton, and Benghazi...
Liberal media hates when the truth that their Golden boy is just another jerk!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#102779 May 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Short supply in the world? Where is your evidence of this?
Planned Parenthood, and Kermit Gosnell for just two...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#102780 May 7, 2013
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
And one doesn't need religion to teach one right from wrong. If one doesn't know right from wrong, one lacks empathy - not religion.
And if one needs offer of a celestial prize in order to be good, they are selfish and will never truly be selfless.
If they need threat of eternal damnation, they are just as self-serving - as their "good acts" are only to keep their tail from the fire and not out of a true spirit of empathy.
Well said.
And welcome back.
I, for one, have missed your posts.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#102781 May 7, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies are not truth.
God is NOT a fallacy...
No matter how hard you want Him to be...
He saved me!
We hope you find Him....
Love for you to be on the right side :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102782 May 7, 2013
Dissolution wrote:
Really people? I have nothing against Christianity or any religion, but think about it. If you are religious person, wouldn't you rather be the one teaching your kids about your religion rather than some random teacher.
We do teach our kids... It's the rest of them that need to know what the Bible has meant to US history!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#102783 May 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are missing the mark,it is not a question of knowing right from wrong.
The question is,when we are about to commit a wrongful act, and, we know it is wrong,why do we go ahead and commit it anyway?
I don't.
Why do YOU?
curious wrote:
<quoted text> When we steal,we know it is wrong,yet we do it anyway
I don't.
Why do YOU?
curious wrote:
<quoted text> When we lie,we know it is wrong,we do it anyway
I don't.
Why do YOU?
curious wrote:
<quoted text> And the list goes on....
That is because our human nature is flawed. So we know right from wrong,but,are unable to do that which is right.
I am quite able to do what is right.
Why aren't YOU?
curious wrote:
<quoted text> If we were able ,on our own,to correct the many flaws we have,we would do so.
I don't have flaws.
Why do YOU?

The reason you don't is simple. You are lazy.
It is easier to lie, cheat or steal, then beg for "forgiveness" than to actually to do the right thing in the first place.

Religion gives you a scapegoat. And, boy, do you use it.
Grow up and become a responsible adult.
It is worth the effort.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102784 May 7, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
GOVERNMENT "Leadership": America is still waiting. WHY is the "general public" EVEN involved with "what to do with the remains of a NON US citizen terrorist"????????
Unbelievable.
Dump his body in the ocean, as
we did with Osama...
Works for me!
LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102785 May 7, 2013
Farkus wrote:
<quoted text>
So, I guess ALL the children who will be born today blind, deaf or suffering from some other birth defect didn't have enough faith in the womb? NICE!
Why didn't Jesus go ahead and cure blindness? Oh, yeah, I forgot...it is a myth.
http://www.bing.com/videos/sea rch?q=blind+eyes+open&qpvt =blind+eyes+open&FORM=VDRE
Just a few...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102786 May 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have had that answered several times.... Matter converted from energy... Now if it makes you feel better to say God caused the conversion at the BB that's fine, unnecessary but if it makes life simpler for you.... Those that understand science tend to go with energy just converted some of it's energy into matter, happens every second without someone waving a magic wand... But there is no Creation... From the instant matter converted all we observe was set into motion and physical laws took over...
Tend to go,as you stated,is an opinion,not a fact.
Science has totally failed to explain how unliving matter was able to convert itself into living matter. That seems to be a fact.
Science is unable to show how unintelligent matter was able to evolve into intelligent matter,other than,some unexplainable event that may have taken place or billions of years ago

Here is an explanation given by
Professor Seth Grant, of the University of Edinburgh
The researchers suggest that a simple invertebrate animal living in the sea 500 million years ago experienced a 'genetic accident', which resulted in extra copies of these genes being made

"If the universe is non-intelligent, as in it does not contain any intelligence whatsoever, then how can the universe itself account for intelligent beings? If intelligence does not exist at some point, then it can never exist. Intelligence cannot come into being. If you say it can, the burden is on you to prove how. How can mindless matter possibly produce creatures with minds, with brains, with intelligence? No amount of time, natural selection, and chance can create intelligence out of nothing."

So it would seem that the foundation of your argument is not factual,is not based on any logical or probable deductions we can draw from it,other than,over a period of billions of years some how ,some way life was created from an unliving source and intelligence was created from an unintelligent source.
At least that is what I understand.....
Fossils,on which you place so much credibility,in no way shape or form,provide any evidence as to how life came into being or the origins of intelligence....
Therefore,if the foundation of your argument hinges on some probabilities that may or may not have occured,that were never observed,that can not be tested,how can any reasonable conclusions be drawn from that foundation

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102787 May 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it is the governments job or resposibility to teach my children about God
As a parent,I don't believe I should tell my children that God exists..
It is my responsibility to TEACH them about God,the reasons for my belief in God,my faith in God based on my personal experiences,not on the opinions or views of others
I also vehemently oppose the suggestion that the government has any justification in indoctrinating schoolchildren into ANY specific theologies,including Evolution.
So,if you teach one,you need teach the other or teach neither.
The religious are the only ones who regard the theory of evolution as a theology. Whether that is because it is viewed as a threat to Abrahamic Creationism, because it is rhetoric that is prevalent among certain religious circles and spokesmen or because some religious minded deign not to distinguish the difference between science and divinity has been debated numerous times in this thread and elsewhere. Common regard of it does not come anywhere close to matching any observance or definition of theology, religion or faith.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
So true

Franklin, KY

#102788 May 7, 2013
I believe in the sun, even when it doesn't shine. I believe in love, even when it is not shown. I believe in God , even when he doesn't speak.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102789 May 7, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Keep moving that goal post back. Now when are you going to tell us when and how god was created and who did it? Then tell us when space time was created by god and how he did it?
I did. You said I was wrong, so I want to hear what you think. That's all I've asked this whole time.
No goal posts, just tell me what you think since you think I'm wrong.
So true

Franklin, KY

#102790 May 7, 2013
What makes a Christian a Christian is not perfection it's forgiveness....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102791 May 7, 2013
just me wrote:
http://www.intouch.org/broadca st/video-archives/content/topi c/The_Courage_to_Stand_by_your _convictions_video
Dr. Stanley is a good man!
I also like Andrew Wommack
awmi.net
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102792 May 7, 2013
So true wrote:
What makes a Christian a Christian is not perfection it's forgiveness....
Amen, and
Very thankful for it!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#102793 May 7, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty obvious you have never watched small children at play.
A young child has no conscience... evidenced by "MY toy!," I"M hungry!,"
"I want!"
Consideration for others, sharing and empathy are TAUGHT.
What is taught is...
Learning to care!
What does a child do when caught doing something???
It happens even when you've never told it NOT to do that thing!
They/we know something is wrong before being told...
Just lil sinners needing redemption!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102794 May 7, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't.
Why do YOU?
<quoted text>
I don't.
Why do YOU?
<quoted text>
I don't.
Why do YOU?
<quoted text>
I am quite able to do what is right.
Why aren't YOU?
<quoted text>
I don't have flaws.

Why do YOU?
The reason you don't is simple. You are lazy.
It is easier to lie, cheat or steal, then beg for "forgiveness" than to actually to do the right thing in the first place.
Religion gives you a scapegoat. And, boy, do you use it.
Grow up and become a responsible adult.
It is worth the effort.
LOL Hey Witch
My posting was not addressed to the self righteous..
There was no need for you to respond

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102795 May 7, 2013
"What makes a Christian a Christian"

The ability to have faith that there are, burning bushes that talk, animals that have the gift of human language, property rights on women, no rights for gays, people who live in a whales stomach, no rights for non-believers, invisible critters that tempt and reward.

There's more of course but one word works.

Ignorance.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LOL in a suit

Winchester, KY

#102796 May 7, 2013
aMISANTHROPEintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't have flaws.
Why do YOU?
Lying is a flaw.
Having 600 cats in one trailer is a flaw.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min No Surprize 153,436
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min Macho Mike Lee 4,873
Knox county taxpayers paying Barbourville Mayor 47 min Jjk 29
A Rat In Knox County 1 hr Genius 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Jobs Lost 26,274
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr sherry 81
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Huh 19
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville