Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,016

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102636 May 6, 2013
Our country depends on individuals practicing their religious beliefs because we vote in our government.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102637 May 6, 2013
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text>Same goes for the atheist who treats Christians like dog poop on their shoe. Live peaceably with all men. It is the better way.
Live peaceably with all men? That is GREAT! Show me a Christian leader who preaches that! Show me ANY religious leader, who follows the God of the desert, who preaches that!

Christians can't even decide on which book (Old/New Testament) to follow. Ten Commandments (OLD). Same testament that says a woman is unclean and must sacrifice animals to enter the temple if she is on her period. Leviticus. Read it. Love it.

Silly. Just wondering why the Christians don't believe in Zeus or Thor? Those are the same reasons I don't believe in you sky God.
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102638 May 6, 2013
I have a question. Where do any of you get your joy from? Not fun or hobbies or even family,(because some have none) but the thing that makes you wake up to a new day without dread of even getting out of bed. What source do you draw from for the joy of living? Has it been long since you woke up and said "I am happy, really happy to be alive"? Happy that you have a purpose for being here? Not just a job. Do you go about your day with joy in your heart or are you angry, cursing everything and everybody on the road, all that gets in your way. Does just about everything "get on your nerves"? Do you find yourself saying I hate this and I hate that? In other words miserable. Again the question, are you happy and feel the joy of living? You need not answer here, just examine yourself for the answer. Does science give anyone the joy of life?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102639 May 6, 2013
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text>Same goes for the atheist who treats Christians like dog poop on their shoe. Live peaceably with all men. It is the better way.
To a point I will follow the golden rule - beyond that it will be Hammurabi's. When someone strives for ignorance, I write to them accordingly. When they are insulting, I will insult them accordingly. When they attempt to convert me to their faith, I will disabuse their illusion that I am on the market. I have read the Bible, I have been to churches, I have grappled with crises - I do not need or desire any quotes or comments from the choir. When "dog poops" acknowledge my "beliefs" as being as relevant and more rational than their own, I will be peaceful.
God does not have any grandchildren. If you don't understand that, be quiet until you do.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102640 May 6, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
I have a question. Where do any of you get your joy from? Not fun or hobbies or even family,(because some have none) but the thing that makes you wake up to a new day without dread of even getting out of bed. What source do you draw from for the joy of living? Has it been long since you woke up and said "I am happy, really happy to be alive"? Happy that you have a purpose for being here? Not just a job. Do you go about your day with joy in your heart or are you angry, cursing everything and everybody on the road, all that gets in your way. Does just about everything "get on your nerves"? Do you find yourself saying I hate this and I hate that? In other words miserable. Again the question, are you happy and feel the joy of living? You need not answer here, just examine yourself for the answer. Does science give anyone the joy of life?
I do... And Yes Science gives me that Joy....
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102641 May 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do... And Yes Science gives me that Joy....
That is sad. Could you expound a bit on how that comes to be? Not being smart, just wondering. How science gives you personal joy in your heart and peace of mind? Do you have anything to lean on when you cannot lean on your own self? Have you been lucky enough to never have a need for help? BTW, this is a public forum that you post on. Why then tell those who comment to shut up? No discussion that way.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102642 May 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can you repeat the question?
Simplified:
What triggered the event that began everything that we see today?(Big bang if you like)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102643 May 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So just how could a god put these laws into motion? How can he control the rain when needed? If he can control the rain when needed and does not, then is he not held negligent for causing drought?
If a god can control the rain at a snap of his magic fingers, then he has the power to help or hurt with rain, yet it really looks like many are hurt due to a lack of rain or over abundance of rain.

So who gave god the power to put these laws in motion? Why would you not need the god to have a creator and so on?
Sorry,
I had a life altering event recently and I'm barely able to keep up with the speed of this thread. If I miss something, I apologize.

Why do you keep insisting that I don't think the creator has a creator? I'm the only one on here saying that I think He does.

And yes I think God can make it rain if He wishes.

I don't know if there is a reason for each drought, or natural disaster, I don't pretend I have that answer.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102644 May 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>All things happen because they are manipulated by metaphysical forces? Then I "believe" that it must be Satan that is rerouting the neuro-chemical reactions and electron paths in your brain that leads you to believe in metaphysical imaginary beings.
Haha. Believe what you wish dude

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102645 May 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Simplified:
What triggered the event that began everything that we see today?(Big bang if you like)
Simplified. Nothing, because space time did not yet exist for there to be a "trigger" "in."

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102646 May 6, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>That is sad. Could you expound a bit on how that comes to be? Not being smart, just wondering. How science gives you personal joy in your heart and peace of mind? Do you have anything to lean on when you cannot lean on your own self? Have you been lucky enough to never have a need for help? BTW, this is a public forum that you post on. Why then tell those who comment to shut up? No discussion that way.
Science allows me to have a Harley to ride around the country side, Science gives me enough food to eat... Science gives me lights and heat on these cold days and dark nights... Science allows me to have a camera to take photos of what I see.... Science lets me be healthy and allowed doctors the technology to put my body back together after War... Science allows me to explore Mars through the eyes of robots ... Science allows me to see billions of years into the Universe and see all the stars, galaxies and nebula.... Science allows me to wear shoes and cloths instead of dead animal skins and tree bark.... Science gives me glasses so the world is not a blur to my vision... Science give me music while I drive around in my science provided car.... Science lets me talk to you through Topix... Science allows me to wake up in the morning an know if I need a rain coat an Umbrella later that day.... And 1000's of other mundane, taken for granted things that allow me to live a life of Joy and Fun....

If you think that's sad then feel free to walk nakid into your nearest forest and build yourself a little camp with your hands and a sharp rock then get back to me in a few weeks and tell me how Joyful you are.....
Raina

Monticello, KY

#102647 May 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry,
I had a life altering event recently and I'm barely able to keep up with the speed of this thread. If I miss something, I apologize.
Why do you keep insisting that I don't think the creator has a creator? I'm the only one on here saying that I think He does.
And yes I think God can make it rain if He wishes.
I don't know if there is a reason for each drought, or natural disaster, I don't pretend I have that answer.
Do whut are you saying you believe someone/something created God? Do my eyes deceive me here?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102648 May 6, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>involution

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>2. Where did all the original matter come from?"

always existed/eternal. energy cannot be created/destroyed. it simply changes form. undifferentiated matter creates differentiated matter and returns to undifferentiated matter.

energy and matter are the same thing.

e = mc2.
What triggered the involution?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102649 May 6, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>That is sad. Could you expound a bit on how that comes to be? Not being smart, just wondering. How science gives you personal joy in your heart and peace of mind? Do you have anything to lean on when you cannot lean on your own self? Have you been lucky enough to never have a need for help? BTW, this is a public forum that you post on. Why then tell those who comment to shut up? No discussion that way.
When did I tell anyone to shut up? I don't remember doing so... I might have, but it would have been due to prolonged idiotic postings...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102650 May 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>1.. Probability... No trigger required... The Only laws that apply to a Unified Quantum of Energy without matter is Probability and Uncertainty... The Unified Quantum of Energy (UQE) had the probability of converting some, all or none of it's energy into matter, or not.. Uncertainty means that we being an intrinsic component of that conversion we can know energy state or position but never both simultaneously...

2. E=MC2 or M=E/C2... A Unified Quantum of energy can convert some, most or All of it's energy into Matter... And Matter can convert into energy... Absent Matter all physical laws and rules we use fail because all physical laws we know are based on Matter with inertial mass in relative motion to other matter with inertial mass...

3. No... During any explosive event in local areas particulate collide and may not follow ballistic trajectories but in the case of the BB it's not like a Explosion as we know it.. because the actually fabric is expanding and the (UGC) Universal Gravitational Constant reduces as the universe expands.. So Generally all matter is moving away from other matter at an ever increasing rate but Due to the gravitational effects local massive objects will move closer together and interact... All Matter is Connected to all other matter no matter the separation distance by the remainder of the UQE that did not convert into matter... and acts as a Inverse tensor between all matter causing the effect we call gravity...
Thanks for the answer.
1. I can accept your proposal here and understand why you think no being had a hand in it. I just disagree. I do not see this matter eventually gaining intelligence, no matter the time span.

2. Where did matter originally come from? In this case, there never was a beginning.

3. What gives matter a gravitational force?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102651 May 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What triggered the involution?
Already answered ....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102652 May 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Believe what you wish dude
I do believe what "I wish", as does ever other person on Earth. Thank you for your permission, but it is unnecessary. I was merely pointing out that one fallacy of metaphysical creationism.
Shall we move on to the Creator of the creator? Why would God state "no gods before me" if there was a Creator before Him? Seems a little like a manager telling you not to rat him out to a director... and there was PLENTY of cause in the OT. Jealousy is sooo unbecoming.
Raina

Monticello, KY

#102653 May 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
To a point I will follow the golden rule - beyond that it will be Hammurabi's. When someone strives for ignorance, I write to them accordingly. When they are insulting, I will insult them accordingly. When they attempt to convert me to their faith, I will disabuse their illusion that I am on the market. I have read the Bible, I have been to churches, I have grappled with crises - I do not need or desire any quotes or comments from the choir. When "dog poops" acknowledge my "beliefs" as being as relevant and more rational than their own, I will be peaceful.
God does not have any grandchildren. If you don't understand that, be quiet until you do.
Well then looks like peace will never come to your life. Glad it's you rather than me. That's not being mean because it your choice. We live with the choices we make, don't we? I choose to be happy.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102654 May 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The credibility factor of a convert goes (even further) into the negative when they claim a right to be petty, vindictive and abusive to people who dare disagree with them, correct their factual inaccuracies or even simply hold contrasting opinions - especially on the grounds that through Christ they are a better person than they used to be. To steal a line from Q, "So they say but cannot demonstrate."
You bring up a very valid point,but,I never claimed that through Christ ,I was made perfect,I said that through Christ,I was made a better person.
Do I still struggle with my human nature,yes,that will always be a struggle;
My human nature wants to remain in control,but the Spirit helps me with my infirmities and guides me in the right direction.
One may not realize how the Spirit does that,till,after the fact,
This is not the first time that I have committed that error and I thought I had resolved it,,,I was wrong,I had not
That point was made clear to me,by 3 unbelievers,SP,Mike Duquette and yourself.
As I thought about this,the thought occured to me;
God used 3 unbelievers in order to drive home the point of my infirmity,that they understood his teachings better than I did.
I am certain that the next time I post,that thought will come to mind again,,,We will see what effect it will have
I do want to thank you for bringing it to my attention.
Kidder Kodder,you will not receive any more ,vindictive or abusive responses from me....
Although,I may post something in order to test your sense of humor.......
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102655 May 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Science allows me to have a Harley to ride around the country side, Science gives me enough food to eat... Science gives me lights and heat on these cold days and dark nights... Science allows me to have a camera to take photos of what I see.... Science lets me be healthy and allowed doctors the technology to put my body back together after War... Science allows me to explore Mars through the eyes of robots ... Science allows me to see billions of years into the Universe and see all the stars, galaxies and nebula.... Science allows me to wear shoes and cloths instead of dead animal skins and tree bark.... Science gives me glasses so the world is not a blur to my vision... Science give me music while I drive around in my science provided car.... Science lets me talk to you through Topix... Science allows me to wake up in the morning an know if I need a rain coat an Umbrella later that day.... And 1000's of other mundane, taken for granted things that allow me to live a life of Joy and Fun....
If you think that's sad then feel free to walk nakid into your nearest forest and build yourself a little camp with your hands and a sharp rock then get back to me in a few weeks and tell me how Joyful you are.....
There is no new thing under the sun. God allows knowledge to make all these things you speak of. I also have nice things and the love of God too. I never was asked to choose. I was blessed. If I lose all these things I will be ok. Just start over. You apparently take your joy from material things. I hope you never lose your Harley or your camera etc. But..what if you die today? Are you sure you are sure? That's all.. I won't bother you again. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 53 min lol 4,753
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Limbertwig 153,366
A Rat In Knox County 2 hr Ccc 6
opening in November 3 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 3 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 3 hr Syd Redlitch 18
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr ms_Sweeter 3,532
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••