Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,904)

Showing posts 98,061 - 98,080 of123,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Really people? I have nothing against Christianity or any religion, but think about it. If you are religious person, wouldn't you rather be the one teaching your kids about your religion rather than some random teacher.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Whether the prediction of evidence being likely or not is not the point. Fact is, their is no evidence of so many of these claims in the bible and many evidences contradict the claims.
Glad you at least had enough intelligence and honesty, to not have used the word "all".

That would be like clicking one of them thar little clueless/peanutbrain judge-eet icons on posts that say-

" Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, I do not think the golden calves were gods or represented real gods, but I certainly think anyone who murders someone due to worshiping a god is evil. Thus the claimed Moses is evil in my opinion.
PS replied-
and sociopathic terrorists that harm others in any way... are pretty foul too. "

Kind of think there's something at very least-that is just not quite right (in the head) about anyone that would-don't you?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh such a novice debating the Bible you are. You should pick a a better fight. Why don't you show me where He demands we serve Him? If He demanded we serve Him believe me YOU would be serving. God is like the wind, He is a spirit. No, you cannot see Him but you can see and feel the effects of His presence. I hear Him in an inaudible still small voice, yet very clear who it is speaking. He speaks through His word. Imaginary? No. Of course we don't know the whole mind of God, but He has told us all we need to know to have eternal life. If you don't want eternal life in Heaven one day that is your choice. I choose to go there.
Inaudible still small voice? You hear inaudible voices? Those are called "thoughts".

Strange how in our society, most people who hear voices that are not audible are told to seek psychiatric help, but get a pass when they claim it is a voice their religion told them they will hear.

It is not out choice that we do not hear this inaudible voice. It is simply inaudible to us.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#How_t...
There is archaeological evidence that the origins of Israel were in fact largely Canaanite, leaving, in the words of archaeologist William Dever, "no room for an Exodus from Egypt or a 40-year pilgrimage through the Sinai wilderness."[4] The modern scholarly consensus is that the story is best seen as theology instead of history, illustrating how Yahweh acted to save and strengthen his chosen people.[5]
A common hypothesis among biblical scholars today is that the first major comprehensive draft of the exodus story was composed in the late 7th or the 6th century BCE and later expanded into a work very like the one we have now.[13] There are currently a number of competing theories on the composition of the four books Exodus-Leviticus-Numbers-Deute ronomy, and they can be grouped into three broad "models". The first, the documentary hypothesis, proposes that the four books (actually five - the models include Genesis) were originally four separate documents, treating the same subject (i.e. the Exodus) written at various times between the 9th and 6th centuries BCE and combined about 450 BCE. This theory dominated biblical scholarship from the late 19th century to the 1970s. The second, the "supplementary" model, had been popular before the documentary hypothesis dominated the field and has re-emerged since the 1970s. It holds that that there was a single original document which was then expanded by "supplements", again with the end product emerging around 450 BCE. The third, the "fragmentary" model, proposes that the four books were combined by a single author from a host of "fragments", meaning small texts as well as oral traditions (sagas and folk-tales), again c.450 BCE.
You lost my attention at http://www.wi ki....

Just facts please-not opinion, as I have my own. Thank you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you at least had enough intelligence and honesty, to not have used the word "all".
That would be like clicking one of them thar little clueless/peanutbrain judge-eet icons on posts that say-
" Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, I do not think the golden calves were gods or represented real gods, but I certainly think anyone who murders someone due to worshiping a god is evil. Thus the claimed Moses is evil in my opinion.
PS replied-
and sociopathic terrorists that harm others in any way... are pretty foul too. "
Kind of think there's something at very least-that is just not quite right (in the head) about anyone that would-don't you?
Yes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, this would be considered chance. As in no one is guiding the individual formations to gravitate towards each other. That would be chance.
I personally do not see how the planets in our solar system could orbit this sun so consistently for billions of years, without moving closer to the point that it is eventually consumed, or further, in which eventually life on this planet would no longer exist.
So I have a belief that God put these things in motion, and that it did not happen by chance. As always, I admit this is my belief.
You pretty much just admitted that because you do not know the science that you must believe god did it.

The earths gravity holds the moon close to us, yet is not strong enough to keep it from moving slowly away. The moon is drifting a few inches away each year. Well apply that knowledge to the sun and planets.
You do not understand gravity, thus assign the properties of gravity to god, just as the ancients assigned rain to Zeus.
But I guess that example does not work on you because you think god is making the rain still.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of people leaving no trace for a period of forty years is a bit hard to swallow, no matter how much sand is blowing.
I think I might disgree with the hypotehetical "millions of people"?

As for the "exiling" part, that is a a fairly common deployment practice in the region. Think of it as a perpetual camping expedition. Then imagine a few hundred square acres of land baled for hay each year. Throw a few sewing needles down a long the way. Add afore mentioned type storms annually.

Lots of hay and non-sedentary sand, start sifting.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The only correlation to bloodline is the priesthood. Blood has nothing to do with it. The priesthood was handed down from father to son by the laying on of hands. Jesus would need to be born in a family that worships God and follows God's commandments.
Yes I understand why you don't believe. Really I do. That's why I'm not insulting about it. That's why I don't threaten you with talk of sin and hell.
Then why does the bible spell out the blood line of Joseph and Mary down to king David?
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Thank you.
ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Farkus wrote:
The non-believers I know, did not go "animalistic." That is left up to the 'lusting for Armageddon''bring the rapture''end-of-the-world wishing' Christians. Look up ANY poll taken before the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and you will find overwhelming numbers of Christians who supported those wars.
The Atheists I know (including myself) KNOW that this is the ONLY life we are going to have and treat it as such. We KNOW there are no do-overs. So we take great care in our actions, in this life.
There are Catholics who are protesting outside a funeral home in Boston over possibly burying the 26 year-old terrorist in the U.S. So, can't these people forgive as Jesus told them? And IF they believe that he is in Hell being punished, then what could they possibly do to him?
CHRISTIANITY: Possibly a good thing IF anyone ever tried it.
Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev's mother: I want to bury him in Boston
The mother of the marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev said she was determined to bury him in Boston as she revealed that her elder son was questioned at least five times by FBI agents who saw him as a potential terrorist leader.

Sick in the head, terrorism promoting thugette dirtbag.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "we?"
You know"we"as when the Lone Ranger and Tonto were surrounded by an Indian War Party.

And The Lone Ranger asked; Tonto,what we gonna do?
And Tonto replied,What you mean we,white man?

ProvenScience

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Farkus wrote:
CHRISTIANITY: Possibly a good thing IF anyone ever tried it.
GOVERNMENT "Leadership": America is still waiting. WHY is the "general public" EVEN involved with "what to do with the remains of a NON US citizen terrorist"????????

Unbelievable.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you are getting your idea from the Bible itself. You understand that the Bible is not going to be very...objective...when it comes to Jesus, right?
I don't care what the Bible says. I know for a fact that Jesus was not widely accepted as being genuine. There was a big tradition of guru-types in the ancient world, so lots of people assumed he was a wise man but few of them thought he was literally divine. The cult surrounding him grew up over time, after he was already dead.
This idea you have that nobody challenged him is a Bible story. You need to look outside the Bible for supporting evidence. If you cite some good scholarship supporting your claim then maybe I'll take it seriously but don't quote me Bible verses and claim they are true.
That's just dumb.
No,the Bible is very objective about Jesus.It states the truth about him,something you are unable to understand or accept

The Bible provides one with the instructions as to how one will come to know God and Jesus Christ.
In order to come to that Knowledge,you have to follow the instructions contained therein,not make up your own.
You and others have refused to follow those instructions,and you know what they are,because you have read them.
So,to claim that ,God does not exist,when you have failed to follow the instructions that will lead to his revealing himself to you,is illogical..
The path you have chosen to take,leads you away from the answer,not closer.
It's like,when one buys a product that comes with instructions as to how it should be assembled,and
one refuses to follow the instructions.
Well, when the product does not work,one can not blame the manufacturer,one must blame himself ,for not following the instructions that the manufacturer provided.
And,to go back and tell the manufacturer that you refuse to follow the instructions he provided,is an emotional response,certainly,not a logical one.
Like you said"You don't care what the Bible says".Therefore your conclusion that it is inaccurate is based on your opinion,not on your having tested it's validity,by following the instructions it contains.
Which,in turrn,makes your conclusions invalid,since it is based on your opinion,not on facts.
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Inaudible still small voice? You hear inaudible voices? Those are called "thoughts".
Strange how in our society, most people who hear voices that are not audible are told to seek psychiatric help, but get a pass when they claim it is a voice their religion told them they will hear.
It is not out choice that we do not hear this inaudible voice. It is simply inaudible to us.
Yes it is your choice. It is your choice to become a child of God. "Jesus is the Good Shepherd. His sheep know His voice and none other will they follow." Back then people kept sheep to survive. A good shepherd would lie down at night across the fold entrance to keep wolves and such away.(This is not just Bible it is a historical fact.) They risk their own life to protect the herd. In today's world atheists have called what they refer to as dumb followers of Christ "sheep". Not so. Sheep in the Bible represent God's children. Others are referred to as goats. In fact Jesus was called The Lamb of God because He laid down His own life as a pure acceptable sacrifice for our salvation. God speaks to His children through the written Word. Funny how you atheists never want to learn any more than you now know, just jump straight to blasphemy and mockery. I do not need a psychiatrist, you need Jesus.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A response to a post is not a guarantee that the post was read, much less read completely.
The credibility factor of a convert goes (even further) into the negative when they claim a right to be petty, vindictive and abusive to people who dare disagree with them, correct their factual inaccuracies or even simply hold contrasting opinions - especially on the grounds that through Christ they are a better person than they used to be. To steal a line from Q, "So they say but cannot demonstrate."
Say Now

Munfordville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Whether you are a believer or not and no matter what you say or do Jesus loves you and there is nothing you can do about it!
Raina

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You pretty much just admitted that because you do not know the science that you must believe god did it.
The earths gravity holds the moon close to us, yet is not strong enough to keep it from moving slowly away. The moon is drifting a few inches away each year. Well apply that knowledge to the sun and planets.
You do not understand gravity, thus assign the properties of gravity to god, just as the ancients assigned rain to Zeus.
But I guess that example does not work on you because you think god is making the rain still.
What do you think science is anyway? Science is what God put into motion. Every area of science is by God's order. It is simply the study of all things in nature, the heavens and the earth alike. Science is man trying to understand how things came to be, not to prove there is NO GOd!!Of course God knew how to keep earth in orbit without burning up. That's why He made the force we call gravity. Heck He didn't want all His creation falling off the face of the earth. God was not just there in the beginning He is the beginning.
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The credibility factor of a convert goes (even further) into the negative when they claim a right to be petty, vindictive and abusive to people who dare disagree with them, correct their factual inaccuracies or even simply hold contrasting opinions - especially on the grounds that through Christ they are a better person than they used to be. To steal a line from Q, "So they say but cannot demonstrate."
Same goes for the atheist who treats Christians like dog poop on their shoe. Live peaceably with all men. It is the better way.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Raina wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think science is anyway? Science is what God put into motion. Every area of science is by God's order. It is simply the study of all things in nature, the heavens and the earth alike. Science is man trying to understand how things came to be, not to prove there is NO GOd!!Of course God knew how to keep earth in orbit without burning up. That's why He made the force we call gravity. Heck He didn't want all His creation falling off the face of the earth. God was not just there in the beginning He is the beginning.
Wow. God created gravity to keep the Earth from falling into the sun. You must be one of those charter members of "menza" that curious is almost as intelligent as...

“CAPS LOCK CAUSE CLIMATE CHANGE”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Our country depends on individuals practicing their religious beliefs because we vote in our government.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 98,061 - 98,080 of123,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Fed Up Again 139,054
looking for free dog 58 min i know 3
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 1 hr whatever 41
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr From Boston 16,031
Daniel Bays, anyone seen him? (Jan '11) 2 hr booboo 14
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 2 hr County employee 6
Jeff's Creek Baptist Church 2 hr ok 2
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••