Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,897)

Showing posts 97,921 - 97,940 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So true!
I wouldn't have spent 2 seconds here, let alone 2 years...
If I didn't know God is real!
Yet they spend hours a day posting garbage against something they do not know!
God Bless you :-)
I think the non believer can read, and might have fully read the Bible, but I also believe they simply lack understanding because understanding is given by the Holy Spirit which power they do not possess. The Holy Spirit guides us and teaches us all things. These people lean to their own understanding. They remain carnally minded. They will never understand nor will they ever be wise via their own vises.. To them the Word of God is folly. So actually to argue with them is futile. Proverbs 3:5 Proverbs 14:6-12.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
~850mm
Not that it matters, but massive typo. 8500nm.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a blind person can gather evidence and prove that the sun exists and that it is emitting ~850mm photons that are warming their skin. But a stupid blind person can decide that his skin is warm because God made it so, and then never bother looking for the real reason.
Funny, a blind person does not bother looking.
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
When I can't, I know I have a God that can. Who loves me and does what "man" can't understand. Attempting to justify the grace he has shown me is something I cannot do. I can only feel in my soul that it's there. I can post 5 million messages here and you may have a scientific explanation for why each is wrong.. or books that have information disclaiming the existence of a higher power. Chemical analysis that carbon dates the existence of whatever and a telescope that says my "sky god" isn't there. Consider this though,,, what separates our line of thinking,,, is Faith. If I'm blind and the sun shines,,, I still feel warm. I don't have to see the sun,,,, or the son,,, to know they are real.
If you feel cold in the winter, do you think the sun no longer exists? The warmth isn't there, but you know there is still a sun. God is the same. The holy spirit is a warm day. I'm a father of one son and I can't save your soul, or his.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can you repeat the question?
"If god did not create everything, I guess you are saying acid did?" Or something like that.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First and again, I have made no claim their is no god. I highly doubt their is a god because their is zero evidence a god has ever existed.
Now do you doubt that rain might be due to the natural forces in our universe and without direction of a god because you do not have full evidence of just how rain could come to be?
I do not claim to be able to explain the extremely complex ways nature works. I am not a scientist.
And no one can as of yet really know how it all started, yet you sure make the claim to know, yet you cannot show.

In a nutshell, rain comes from evaporation and condensation. Science knows water exists in comets and other objects in space that came together due to gravity as the earth formed. At least this is what the evidence as of yet shows.

Now do you need to know more? Do you expect more in order to think god might not be involved with rain?
If so, then it is very understandable why you believe in a god. It is then very understandable why the ancients believed in the gods, as they have very little understanding of nature through science.
This is why gods like Zeus were attributed to rain.
This is why native Americans did rain dances. This is why human sacrifices were offered to the gods when drought came.

We know better now, or at least we should. Strangely people still pray for rain as if a god is going to change the laws of physics and nature to have it rain in a location that you wish for in certain amounts.
I believe that God put these laws in motion to create rain. And I believe that He can control the rain when needed, as Jesus showed us.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So when Moses had three thousand of his own people slaughtered for making that golden calf, that was not in the spirit of god demanding worship and to be served?
Or is it that one of the main men of your belief system is just a mass murderer?
Maybe they should've listened to start with, and fashioned mini golden goblets instead. The productivity graphs of practicality might've fared far better, and made for some great archeological digs!!!
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> I think the non believer can read, and might have fully read the Bible, but I also believe they simply lack understanding because understanding is given by the Holy Spirit which power they do not possess. The Holy Spirit guides us and teaches us all things. These people lean to their own understanding. They remain carnally minded. They will never understand nor will they ever be wise via their own vises.. To them the Word of God is folly. So actually to argue with them is futile. Proverbs 3:5 Proverbs 14:6-12.
so don't ask, don't seek, don't knock?

http://www.biblegateway.com/quicksearch/...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>yet the child might transfer the belief of god to the teacher.
where is your god now?
The child is taught the concept of god, it is not born in him. Of someone other than the parent is teaching him, then it is possible but rare that the child could convince the parent of a god.
Either way, no magic or holy ghosts needed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Particles of matter with inertial mass were converted from the energy of the Quantum energy during the BB... All matter is connected to all other matter via the remaining energy the matter was converted out of.. Depending on the EM signature of particles some will tend to become close and phase lock together, some will be repelled to come close enough to phase lock with other particles and all exist in a inverse tensor field of the quantum state..

That is how basic matter self assembles into more complex molecules over time ...
http://b.pcc2.fubar.com/16/96/1186961/8570803...
http://b.pcc3.fubar.com/16/96/1186961/3048103...

Now once particles become more massive the inverse tensor produces the effect we call Gravity... the more massive particles tend to attract other massive particles and form a Texture to the Universe that would look a bit like the structure of a sponge.. it has threads of more dense regions and less dense regions.. http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/galform/millen...

When Enough matter is close the gravitational effect compresses the local matter into larger groups and at some point the gravitational force causes particle to become so pressed together they fuse and a star in born... That star causes the formation of even more complex forms of matter that are more and more massive..then at some point that star converts so much matter it collapses and tosses these more massive elements into space to again be drawn together and form another star.. as these start to form they are impacted by other large bodies and set to spinning by the kinetic forces... As the new forming star spins a disk of matter is pulled around it and the effect of gravity and electromagnetism cause the gas and material to form in specific areas dependent on the gravitational field of the star and the assorted gravitational fields of all other matter in the area... Forming planets......

Of course you can also capture a passing object and it may settle into a stable orbit... if matter happens to find itself in a position that is not stable over time it will fall into the star, other planets or be flung off into free space to be tugged at by the other trillions of gravitational effects and over time we end up with fairly stable solar systems, at least stable on a human time scale... On a Universal time scale none are stable as our solar system will fly apart and our sun will turn to a red giant and them explode tossing all the material than makes our planets into the cosmos to form new systems in the future...

Hope this helps....
Excellent explanation. Makes a lot of sense. Thank you.
Three questions come to mind/
1. What triggered the Big Bang?
2. Where did all the original matter come from?
3. How would objects be able to pass by each other or be close enough to collect? If everything exploded, wouldn't all the parts be traveling away from each other in infinite directions?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>yet the child might transfer the belief of god to the teacher.
where is your god now?
Same place he was before. Open an umbrella, go under the ladder, past the black cat near the broken mirror and when you get to the spilled salt look up on the wall for the 4 leaf clover in the up-turned horseshoe.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting this idea that Jesus was not challenged?
And why would it matter?
Yet nobody challenged Jesus or his followers? F*ck's sake, they killed him didn't they?
1)It matters because,The Pharisees,Saducees ,the lawyers and the Scribes were the supposed experts in interpreting Scriptures
When Jesus made his claims,if those claims were inaccurate,
they would have been able to cite the Scriptures in order to demonstrate that Jesus was lying.
But ,they did not.
When Jesus challenged them,they refused to answer
Luke 20:1-26
20 And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders,
2 And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is he that gave thee this authority?
3 And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me:
4 The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?
5 And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not?
6 But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they be persuaded that John was a prophet.
7 And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was.
8 And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things
Now, in Malachi ,it is prophesied and they would be familiar with this passage;
3 “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you DESIRE, will come,” says the Lord Almighty
At no time did the Pharisees,the Scribes,Chief priests or anyone else
challenge Jesus's claims that the Scriptures applied to him
Unable to do so,and refusing to believe,they were frustrated;19 So the Pharisees said to one another,“You see that you are gaining nothing. Look, the world has gone after him.”
and made plans to kill him
mark14;1It was now two days before the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread. And the chief priests and the scribes were seeking how to arrest him by stealth and kill him,
I fail to see any relationship between the issue being discussed and your injecting Sally Brown and the treat ment of Christians into this discussion ,as it has nothing to do with the inability of Jesus's adversaries to prove that he was wrong in claiming to be who he said he was.
Stick to the topic and don't try to change it

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God put these laws in motion to create rain. And I believe that He can control the rain when needed, as Jesus showed us.
So just how could a god put these laws into motion? How can he control the rain when needed? If he can control the rain when needed and does not, then is he not held negligent for causing drought?
If a god can control the rain at a snap of his magic fingers, then he has the power to help or hurt with rain, yet it really looks like many are hurt due to a lack of rain or over abundance of rain.

So who gave god the power to put these laws in motion? Why would you not need the god to have a creator and so on?
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All we have is a one sided tale of the story anyway, so if the claims of the bible are the only ones "curious" is going by, then of course he cannot know what the Jews actually said, did or thought.
Just seems strange to me that the stories of the Jews told of this deity coming and the deity could not convince them that he was the one. It is as if he was not powerful enough to convince them.
It is as if Jesus was just like another David Koresh of his time.
About the most idiotic reply I have heard. Convince them? He does not use a ram-rod or hammer. He could have MADE them believe anything He wanted, but Jesus doesn't operate that way. Matter of fact you should read up on being turned over to a retrobate mind. Going so far as to never again knowing right from wrong.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Same place he was before. Open an umbrella, go under the ladder, past the black cat near the broken mirror and when you get to the spilled salt look up on the wall for the 4 leaf clover in the up-turned horseshoe.
Under the golden calf foot?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well my father is named Joe, but you seem to claim many fathers and I just get confused as to what you even consider a father. Is Jesus your father? Is god the father of Jesus? Does that god have a father? If so, who is he and why has no one mentioned him? Does he have a father?
I keep hearing the religious ask why atheists do not think the universe needed no deity creator. Well with that logic, the creators must have needed creators and so on and so on. Thus the concept has no more basis in truth than any other.
Yet you acted as if we are forgoing logic to assume no creator deity was needed.
Let me try to explain. It's very similar to our family relationships. Who we call God the Father, is the father of our spirits (including Jesus). We lived with Him before coming to earth. He sent us here as a temporary dwelling place to continue our progression to become more like Him. To over simplify, our parents have us here to grow up a little more. I guess I would consider this out toddler to adolescent years. We will hopefully continue progressing after this life and someday be able to do the same thing He did.
This would mean family units are eternally growing. He would have parents and grandparents, etc.
does that make sense?
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you a few paper towels? The hedonists dragged that horseshoe through a boatload of MANURE! Not sure which Pharoahs boat it may have been.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Since others gave adequate answers to some of your questions from that post, meh.
So you have no answer?
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

1st Peter: Chapter 5

6: Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
7: Casting all your care upon him: for he careth for you.
8: Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10:But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11: To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should've listened to start with, and fashioned mini golden goblets instead. The productivity graphs of practicality might've fared far better, and made for some great archeological digs!!!
As of now, the archeological digs are turning up nothing from the claimed exodus. Experts say evidence should be abundant due to the massive numbers claimed in the exodus, but for some strange reason, none can be found.
It is as if the whole story, or at least most of the story was fabricated.
No evidence of the claimed mass slavery of these people have been found either.
No evidence of the claimed overthrow of Israel by these people either.
Evidence shows that Judaism slowly came to the claimed land.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,921 - 97,940 of128,518
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stacy frost carnes 16 min please 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min DemocRATs 146,058
Jerry Rabbit Cox 44 min lmao 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr dodo 81,563
Letecia runyun 1 hr in the know 8
jon h 1 hr polly 14
Orange water 2 hr Abc 1
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••