Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,879

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102590 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I suppose the Jews expected as much due to the tradition of King David and Moses doing the same. This is why Jesus supposedly had to have ties of blood relation to King David. As if the blood line held some magical power. As if a god had to impregnate someone that was a descendant of king David. Or was it Joseph that was the descendant? Well the new testament claims they both were, in order to cover that base.

See why this all sounds like a comic book to us?

Maybe if the prophesy was a bit less vague, the Jews would accept your claims. Maybe the holy ghost will not tell them until after they already believe the story?
The only correlation to bloodline is the priesthood. Blood has nothing to do with it. The priesthood was handed down from father to son by the laying on of hands. Jesus would need to be born in a family that worships God and follows God's commandments.

Yes I understand why you don't believe. Really I do. That's why I'm not insulting about it. That's why I don't threaten you with talk of sin and hell.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102591 May 5, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the question of what happens after death.
Well, two problems, that would make your disdain for all of science because science is the tool used to discover all the answers that scientific minds rely on. Thus, if you have disdain for one thing science has discovered, you have disdain for all things science has helped us discover.

Second, science doesn't say anything about what happens after death, there is no evidence to present, thus we cannot use the tool to analyze anything, thus there is nothing for science to tell us about what happens after death other than "nothing."
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#102592 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No true Scotsman fallacy. Do you have an answer that is not fallacious?
That was the Truth.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#102593 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, two problems, that would make your disdain for all of science because science is the tool used to discover all the answers that scientific minds rely on. Thus, if you have disdain for one thing science has discovered, you have disdain for all things science has helped us discover.
Second, science doesn't say anything about what happens after death, there is no evidence to present, thus we cannot use the tool to analyze anything, thus there is nothing for science to tell us about what happens after death other than "nothing."
You just need to watch celebrity ghost stories. lol.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102594 May 5, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text> That was the Truth.
Fallacies are not truth.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#102595 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies are not truth.
Not everyone that says they are Christian are really Christian. Many don't understand. Jesus did not come to do everything for us He came to show us how to live that we could receive eternal life. He said that there would be a falling away from what he taught, and that many would claim Him but would not do what he taught us to do "Love one Another as we Love ourselves" and because of this, man would eventually destroy himself because the Love of many would wax cold and they themselves would not realize it.
2 Thessalonians 2:3; Romans 16:17,18; Matthew 24:4-8; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; Acts 17:24; Acts 14:15,16; John 14:6; Matthew 7:20-23; Proverbs 1:20-33; Mark 12:30,31; John 4:23,24; 6:63; Galatians 6:7,8; Galatians 5:13,14-26; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Matthew 24:22.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102596 May 5, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone that says they are Christian are really Christian. Many don't understand. Jesus did not come to do everything for us He came to show us how to live that we could receive eternal life. He said that there would be a falling away from what he taught, and that many would claim Him but would not do what he taught us to do "Love one Another as we Love ourselves" and because of this, man would eventually destroy himself because the Love of many would wax cold and they themselves would not realize it.
2 Thessalonians 2:3; Romans 16:17,18; Matthew 24:4-8; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; Acts 17:24; Acts 14:15,16; John 14:6; Matthew 7:20-23; Proverbs 1:20-33; Mark 12:30,31; John 4:23,24; 6:63; Galatians 6:7,8; Galatians 5:13,14-26; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Matthew 24:22.
Fallacies are not truth, and neither are mythologies. So, begs the question, where is the solid evidence supporting your assertions? Any of them.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102598 May 5, 2013
The easiest way to convert a person to Atheism is to make them read the entire Bible.

Just one small example for the incessant verse-posters...

Jer. 32:17,27-There is nothing too hard for thee...Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?

THEN>>>

Judges 1:19 - And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but COULD NOT drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

So, which is it? All powerful or not?

You Christians do realize the authors of the Bible were bronze age men who didn't know where the sun went at night, and who still wiped their asses with their hands.

Your God chose to reveal himself as flesh (in Jesus) to desert dwelling illiterate men. Why didn't HE reveal himself to the Chinese who were far advanced at that time?

When REALLY studied, the Bible is the BEST conversion tool Atheists have. Period.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102599 May 5, 2013
Farkus wrote:
The easiest way to convert a person to Atheism is to make them read the entire Bible.
Just one small example for the incessant verse-posters...
Jer. 32:17,27-There is nothing too hard for thee...Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
THEN>>>
Judges 1:19 - And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but COULD NOT drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
So, which is it? All powerful or not?
You Christians do realize the authors of the Bible were bronze age men who didn't know where the sun went at night, and who still wiped their asses with their hands.
Your God chose to reveal himself as flesh (in Jesus) to desert dwelling illiterate men. Why didn't HE reveal himself to the Chinese who were far advanced at that time?
When REALLY studied, the Bible is the BEST conversion tool Atheists have. Period.
Still nothing more than a fallacy from you.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102600 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Still nothing more than a fallacy from you.
Fallacy? Please learn more words. It (fallacy) seems to be your favorite.
Oxymoron

Glasgow, KY

#102601 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies are not truth, and neither are mythologies. So, begs the question, where is the solid evidence supporting your assertions? Any of them.
Look at the shape the world's in, how could those statements not be true?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102602 May 5, 2013
Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the shape the world's in, how could those statements not be true?
Oh, this will be great for laughs, please, elaborate on what's "wrong" with the world today?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102603 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not base your life upon Jesus' suggestion that you turn the other cheek?
Strange that Jesus would still answer your prayers when you turn against his wishes yet billions have massive suffering and their prayers go unanswered.
Is it good that either one of you are being nasty with each other? No, but if you are claiming some moral high-ground, or trying to show your god is favoring you with magical acts, it stands to reason you are proving yourself as having a false perception.
Michael,I have never claimed the moral highground nor have I said that God is favoring me based on anything that I have done.
I am a sinner,like every one else and have absolutely no reason to boast,to claim that I am morally superior to others or to make a claim to God that he should favor me.
The responses I have received to my prayers have not been as a result of the good that I may think I have done,but,based on God's grace and my belief that Jesus paid for all the wrongs that I have committed,which by far,outweigh the good.
I don't know if you are able to understand that.
This magic,as you call it,has been a blessing to me,
It has changed me into a much better person than what I once was.
Something I could not have done based on my own efforts,much as a leopard can not change it's spots....
Knowing what I once was,when I lived according to my human nature and what I am now,going back to my old way of life would be like exchanging gold for fools gold.....
Many are those,whom,in spite of their imperfections,dare call themselves good.
Yet,when they see those same imperfections in others,they find them disgusting.

That's human nature at work

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102604 May 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael,I have never claimed the moral highground nor have I said that God is favoring me based on anything that I have done.
I am a sinner,like every one else and have absolutely no reason to boast,to claim that I am morally superior to others or to make a claim to God that he should favor me.
The responses I have received to my prayers have not been as a result of the good that I may think I have done,but,based on God's grace and my belief that Jesus paid for all the wrongs that I have committed,which by far,outweigh the good.
I don't know if you are able to understand that.
This magic,as you call it,has been a blessing to me,
It has changed me into a much better person than what I once was.
Something I could not have done based on my own efforts,much as a leopard can not change it's spots....
Knowing what I once was,when I lived according to my human nature and what I am now,going back to my old way of life would be like exchanging gold for fools gold.....
Many are those,whom,in spite of their imperfections,dare call themselves good.
Yet,when they see those same imperfections in others,they find them disgusting.
That's human nature at work
When you start with a lie, there is no reason to read the rest of your post.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102605 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you start with a lie, there is no reason to read the rest of your post.
Well,obviously I did not start with a lie,Since you ,not only read the post,but were kind enough to respond to it.
I could kiss ya,but i'm allergic to cats

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#102606 May 5, 2013
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> Oh such a novice debating the Bible you are. You should pick a a better fight.
I don't need to "debate" the bible. There are people (Mike, Q, Ummm, Yiago and Chrom--to name a few) on this thread who are much more knowledgable and eloquent than I am.
Mostly I just read, but sometimes the ridiculousness I see compels me to type.
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you show me where He demands we serve Him?
Yiago has already addressed your silly question. And quite well.
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> If He demanded we serve Him believe me YOU would be serving.
LOL! You are threatening me with your imaginary friend?
It's "Just wait till your father gets home..then you'll be sorry!"
Please, grow up.
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> God is like the wind, He is a spirit. No, you cannot see Him but you can see and feel the effects of His presence. I hear Him in an inaudible still small voice, yet very clear who it is speaking. He speaks through His word. Imaginary? No.

You have a great imagination, little lady.
"The invisible and the non-existant look very much alike." -Delos Banning McKown
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text> Of course we don't know the whole mind of God, but He has told us all we need to know to have eternal life. If you don't want eternal life in Heaven one day that is your choice. I choose to go there.
Good luck with that.
No, really, I mean it.
If that is what you need to believe to get you through the day (and night),
good luck.
Myself, I'll take reality.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102607 May 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,obviously I did not start with a lie,Since you ,not only read the post,but were kind enough to respond to it.
I could kiss ya,but i'm allergic to cats
A response to a post is not a guarantee that the post was read, much less read completely.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#102608 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, this will be great for laughs, please, elaborate on what's "wrong" with the world today?
The "things wrong with the world" are the same things that were always wrong with it...but now we have the Internet to tell us all about it.

People are no worse nor better than they have ever been.
Perhaps there is such a thing as too much information.
;)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102609 May 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
The "things wrong with the world" are the same things that were always wrong with it...but now we have the Internet to tell us all about it.
People are no worse nor better than they have ever been.
Perhaps there is such a thing as too much information.
;)
Well, at least you're a bit more accurate than most people are on this topic. ;) However, the reality of the situation is more uplifting than that. At this moment in history we have the least number of wars in the entire world and the lowest rate of violence in most countries. In the US we have the lowest rate of violent crimes, crime overall is actually down. But christians don't like these facts because they oppose their "prophecies," I'm rather shocked they have not yet tried to start more wars or commit more violence just to make their prophecy seem it's being fulfilled, they have done something like that once already.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102610 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A response to a post is not a guarantee that the post was read, much less read completely.
Well,you musta read somethin. How far down didya git..
Hopefully past the first word,,,
C'mon Cat woman,,Don't leave me in suspense
By the way,are we still carrying on the same unintelligent conversation as we did yesterday..
I hope not,I woke up with a headache this morning.
Happens evry time I express myself in more than one language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 33 min Pay It Forward 46
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 1 hr Hot T OTC 5
Court Dockets 1 hr Hot T OTC 2
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 2 hr billy 183
Jessica Napier (Sep '10) 2 hr anna 120
from someone that cared 5 hr carous 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 6 hr lol 7
Porsche mills 6 hr Well.... 24
To the Garland family 15 hr Well.... 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 7:29 AM
Marvin Lewis doesn't get Jeremy Hill's touchdown celebrations, but likes how often he's celebrating
NFL 8:22 AM
Bengals player: 'I guess we're afraid of the dark'
NBC Sports 8:27 AM
A.J. Green back to practice after brief illness