Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,076

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102476 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So .... you felt bad about something, looked for a quick fix, and thought you found it in some snake oil.
Every person who's won the lottery and prayed to Jesus for it WON! Billions of people have prayed for God's forgiveness so that the Earth won't be wiped out by another global Great Flood, and it hasn't! Every single soul who believes in the Holy Bible and prays to Jesus has been Blessed with a state of Grace and Faith in God - Every single soul! And you claim there isn't a Miracle? You don't find it incredible that you were born on the ONLY planet known to support life? If it wasn't for God, there is a 1 in 8 chance you could have been born on Mercury or Jupiter - and you are't even a little bit thankful! How can you not be Amazed that your car keys are Always in the Last place you look?! What are the odds of THAT?!
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#102477 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like another indication of false perceptions.
limitations of relativity to know

How fast do quantum interactions happen? Faster than light, 10,000 times faster.

http://www.livescience.com/27920-quantum-acti...
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102478 May 5, 2013
OK. ANYONE? ANYONE? ANY ONE Christian want to try answering my question...

"If you have children, what would your child have to do that would make you put them in a box, pour gas on them, and light your own child on fire?

This is what YOU believe that your Sky God is capable of...and you call it LOVE!

Pathetic.
Jaz

Monticello, KY

#102479 May 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the OT was written at the same time, idiot.
OMG, speaking of an idiot! You have to be joking. Change to a subject you know something about!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#102480 May 5, 2013
Farkus wrote:
So...can even ONE Christian PLEASE answer this question? JUST ONE!!!
I come on here to ask it every once in a while, but I never get an answer, just some good ole Christian name-calling and bashing.
Here goes...again:
For those of you who have children, WHAT would a child of yours have to do for you to place them in a box, pour gas on them, and then light them on fire?
You couldn't? BUT your God can! But He loves you. Now that is some funny stuff.
And this father(god) does this to all just because they do not believe in him. Well if a father refuses to show his face, I expect the son to have some disbelief in him.
The double standards of religion are constant and needed to circumvent reason and logic.
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102481 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And this father(god) does this to all just because they do not believe in him. Well if a father refuses to show his face, I expect the son to have some disbelief in him.
The double standards of religion are constant and needed to circumvent reason and logic.
Exactly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102482 May 5, 2013
Raina wrote:
<quoted text>In no place did God say the He demands that you serve Him! When you are saved you find yourself wanting to serve Him and your life to be pleasing in His sight. He demands that all men come to repentance. The capacity He wants you to serve Him in is in doing the will of the Father. Must I explain what that is?
So when Moses had three thousand of his own people slaughtered for making that golden calf, that was not in the spirit of god demanding worship and to be served?
Or is it that one of the main men of your belief system is just a mass murderer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102483 May 5, 2013
love all wrote:
I believe it would be wonderful! If you teach a child while young about God, He may stray but will always return back to him. It would teach the kids right from wrong to have faith and never give up and to always love one another.
Well yes, statistically a child will believe in whatever god, prophet or deity you teach him. 80% do stay in that belief system for life.
Now does this mean the god(s) are real? Nope.

One can be taught to do good without a god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102484 May 5, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting this idea that Jesus was not challenged?
And why would it matter?
If Sally Brown, a popular British psychic, went on TV and claimed that she predicted the Boston bombing months ago and nobody challenged her on it would that mean it was true?
What if she said in 2012 "In 2013 in the US there will be a terrorist event that causes many casualties"? Would you then say that she was a genuine psychic? Because you are believing in Jesus' foretelling based on much, much weaker evidence.
During the time that Jesus was executed and the Christian faith was beginning to evolve into existence they were constantly challenged. Hell's bells, you guys have persecution parades every day. You LOVE the idea that people are suppressing you. You look back at your own history and talk about how the Christians were constantly being persecuted.
Yet nobody challenged Jesus or his followers? F*ck's sake, they killed him didn't they?
All we have is a one sided tale of the story anyway, so if the claims of the bible are the only ones "curious" is going by, then of course he cannot know what the Jews actually said, did or thought.
Just seems strange to me that the stories of the Jews told of this deity coming and the deity could not convince them that he was the one. It is as if he was not powerful enough to convince them.
It is as if Jesus was just like another David Koresh of his time.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102485 May 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That"invisible ,imaginary being"whom you claim does not Exist,is the same being that Atheists constantly talk about.
You are unable and unwilling to keep him off your mind.
Maybe Science,in which you place so much faith, has an explanation for your mental condition.
A Freudian slip;A verbal mistake that is thought to reveal a repressed belief, thought, or emotion
When the majority of your countrymen believe in a deity and so many of them make demands based upon the deity, it stands to reason the non believers would talk about it a lot. But believe it or not, many atheists do not talk about it much. But of course you ignore this fact entirely.

This thread is about a demand based upon your deity, thus my point has some basis.
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

#102486 May 5, 2013
Farkus wrote:
OK. ANYONE? ANYONE? ANY ONE Christian want to try answering my question...
"If you have children, what would your child have to do that would make you put them in a box, pour gas on them, and light your own child on fire?
This is what YOU believe that your Sky God is capable of...and you call it LOVE!
Pathetic.
When I can't, I know I have a God that can. Who loves me and does what "man" can't understand. Attempting to justify the grace he has shown me is something I cannot do. I can only feel in my soul that it's there. I can post 5 million messages here and you may have a scientific explanation for why each is wrong.. or books that have information disclaiming the existence of a higher power. Chemical analysis that carbon dates the existence of whatever and a telescope that says my "sky god" isn't there. Consider this though,,, what separates our line of thinking,,, is Faith. If I'm blind and the sun shines,,, I still feel warm. I don't have to see the sun,,,, or the son,,, to know they are real.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#102487 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes, statistically a child will believe in whatever god, prophet or deity you teach him. 80% do stay in that belief system for life.
yet the child might transfer the belief of god to the teacher.

where is your god now?
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#102488 May 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes, statistically a child will believe in whatever god, prophet or deity you teach him. 80% do stay in that belief system for life.
good, or evil, can be subjective based on culture and often on personal opinion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102489 May 5, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I will gladly answer your question once you have answered mine.
Can you repeat the question?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102490 May 5, 2013
stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm blind and the sun shines,,, I still feel warm. I don't have to see the sun,,,, or the son,,, to know they are real.
Even a blind person can gather evidence and prove that the sun exists and that it is emitting ~850mm photons that are warming their skin. But a stupid blind person can decide that his skin is warm because God made it so, and then never bother looking for the real reason.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102491 May 5, 2013
I could not imagine living and not believing in God.
So god is real. No matter what you Atheists say and what reason and logic you show. I woke up this morning and the world was here. Who can say what disasters were stopped by god while I slept. Another day is here, the trees are green, proof god exists.

*sigh*
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

#102492 May 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>So true!
I wouldn't have spent 2 seconds here, let alone 2 years...
If I didn't know God is real!
Yet they spend hours a day posting garbage against something they do not know!
God Bless you :-)
I think the non believer can read, and might have fully read the Bible, but I also believe they simply lack understanding because understanding is given by the Holy Spirit which power they do not possess. The Holy Spirit guides us and teaches us all things. These people lean to their own understanding. They remain carnally minded. They will never understand nor will they ever be wise via their own vises.. To them the Word of God is folly. So actually to argue with them is futile. Proverbs 3:5 Proverbs 14:6-12.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102493 May 5, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
~850mm
Not that it matters, but massive typo. 8500nm.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102494 May 5, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a blind person can gather evidence and prove that the sun exists and that it is emitting ~850mm photons that are warming their skin. But a stupid blind person can decide that his skin is warm because God made it so, and then never bother looking for the real reason.
Funny, a blind person does not bother looking.
stinky toe cheese

Hindman, KY

#102495 May 5, 2013
stinky toe cheese wrote:
<quoted text>
When I can't, I know I have a God that can. Who loves me and does what "man" can't understand. Attempting to justify the grace he has shown me is something I cannot do. I can only feel in my soul that it's there. I can post 5 million messages here and you may have a scientific explanation for why each is wrong.. or books that have information disclaiming the existence of a higher power. Chemical analysis that carbon dates the existence of whatever and a telescope that says my "sky god" isn't there. Consider this though,,, what separates our line of thinking,,, is Faith. If I'm blind and the sun shines,,, I still feel warm. I don't have to see the sun,,,, or the son,,, to know they are real.
If you feel cold in the winter, do you think the sun no longer exists? The warmth isn't there, but you know there is still a sun. God is the same. The holy spirit is a warm day. I'm a father of one son and I can't save your soul, or his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 14 min gator 26
Hey you 19 min busted 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Vargus 5,764
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr wtf 154,274
campbell vs smith for sheriff 3 hr Warrior 7
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr tluv 3,542
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 5 hr Redhound squad 15
kC principal injured 13 hr what happened 9
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... Sun record 10
•••