Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,004

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102312 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie right here. I didn't start insulting you first and you know it. You decided to join a conversation that was already in motion and immediately started calling people idiots, morons, and nutjobs.
But anyway, I've halfway learned how to ignore the childish insults, so I was trying to ask.
No, it's not a lie. You weren't insulted until you insulted me by misrepresented my positionor lying to me. Go look.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask again.
Since humans couldn't have come into existence before the solar system, and I thought you'd make that correlation, let me ask you how you think stars and planets came to exist and mingle with each other in gravitational fashion? Then how did humans form from amino acids?
And, what started the chain of events? And do you think this randomly happened or there could have been an intelligence behind it all?
There are many theories out there about these things, I realize that, but I'm asking you what you believe.(And yes Crom Man, I'm using that word for simplicity)
Oh, so all you want an explanation from the first second of the universe until the first human walked the planet. That's all?

You don't want much, do you?

Why don't you narrow it down a bit, because I'm not typing a library on Topix just because you don't know. I will say that there is a great deal of consensus on most of the things you are asking, and that my examination of the evidence and underlying theories doesn't give me any reason to disagree. But really, beyond that, there is no way to make a reasonably short answer to your questions. If you can form more pointed questions, I will try to answer later.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102313 May 3, 2013
I just made some tea.

Tea leaves were needed to make tea.

Tea leaves were made.

Therefore god exists.

Ignorance.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102314 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>We look for real answers.
What did you find?

Location hidden

#102315 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, since I do not say I know something that is not based on solid evidence, then I do not need to admit to anything.
Face palm

What do you think?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102316 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so now answer the question please
"All I an to is explain it to you I annot understand it for you"

Location hidden

#102317 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Anthropomorphizing is exactly what you are doing. You only understand one type of "formation method" thus you use only that type to describe anything. Answer this: Is a snowflake created or the result of water freezing and the polarization of the molecules shaping the ice into elaborate crystal formations?
Take the word "or" out and you have a decent answer.
Can you answer the real question the same way?

#102318 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the definition of that word?
I'm not humanizing inanimate objects. Can you just answer my question?
Everyone answered your question.... Just because you do not understand the answers or they are not your preconceived notion of what the answer should be you ask for another answer....

In my case I gave you a link to a answer that started from the first real physical particle that converted out of the unified energy form that still exists as a inverse tensor force and explains Everything to how complex live forms self organized....

Location hidden

#102319 May 3, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not a lie. You weren't insulted until you insulted me by misrepresented my positionor lying to me. Go look.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Let me ask again.
Since humans couldn't have come into existence before the solar system, and I thought you'd make that correlation, let me ask you how you think stars and planets came to exist and mingle with each other in gravitational fashion? Then how did humans form from amino acids?
And, what started the chain of events? And do you think this randomly happened or there could have been an intelligence behind it all?
There are many theories out there about these things, I realize that, but I'm asking you what you believe.(And yes Crom Man, I'm using that word for simplicity)"

Oh, so all you want an explanation from the first second of the universe until the first human walked the planet. That's all?

You don't want much, do you?

Why don't you narrow it down a bit, because I'm not typing a library on Topix just because you don't know. I will say that there is a great deal of consensus on most of the things you are asking, and that my examination of the evidence and underlying theories doesn't give me any reason to disagree. But really, beyond that, there is no way to make a reasonably short answer to your questions. If you can form more pointed questions, I will try to answer later.
Since when has it bothered you to write long answers? Haha

Start with the first second, or the seconds before the first second.

Location hidden

#102320 May 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>"All I an to is explain it to you I annot understand it for you"
What?

Location hidden

#102321 May 3, 2013
Wow. I'm a bit disappointed. I share my beliefs on creation, before creation, and after death and then deal with all of you making fun of me for weeks.

I ask you all how you think everything came into existence and all I get is a rash of crap about how I asked the question and how stupid I am for trying to ask it. Really?
How are your responses any better than "God dun it" (as you summarize my beliefs)?

#102322 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
... My C is sticking....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102324 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you find?
Well, scientific studies have produced solid theories, you would call those "answers," to how the vast number of species came into being and how evolution and natural selection played a valuable role in this happening. They have also discovered where all the heavy elements came from, we often call those "dying stars" but in reality they are not truly alive thus they don't really die, they just sort of explode, spewing their insides all over the universe and then collapsing into what we call black holes. We have learned that certain elements react to electricity in very predictable, and useful ways, which has lead us to develop technology called computers around these very useful elements. We know that viruses make you sick now. We know that the brain works on chemical reactions which produce electrical impulses. We know that emotions are chemical reactions to external stimulation.

We know a lot more, all of which would never have been known if they had just said "god dun it" and left it at that. No imaginary being instructed them to find these actual answers, no all powerful being kept these answers from them, they did it all on their own, the ones that figured all of this out. If we just accept one non-answer we will never find any real answers.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102325 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Take the word "or" out and you have a decent answer.
Can you answer the real question the same way?
It cannot be removed, because something created cannot be the result of natural processes, they are exclusive.
Just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#102326 May 3, 2013
I hate the poor Satanic Priest got banned from Topix! HeHeHe.

Location hidden

#102327 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, scientific studies have produced solid theories, you would call those "answers," to how the vast number of species came into being and how evolution and natural selection played a valuable role in this happening. They have also discovered where all the heavy elements came from, we often call those "dying stars" but in reality they are not truly alive thus they don't really die, they just sort of explode, spewing their insides all over the universe and then collapsing into what we call black holes. We have learned that certain elements react to electricity in very predictable, and useful ways, which has lead us to develop technology called computers around these very useful elements. We know that viruses make you sick now. We know that the brain works on chemical reactions which produce electrical impulses. We know that emotions are chemical reactions to external stimulation.

We know a lot more, all of which would never have been known if they had just said "god dun it" and left it at that. No imaginary being instructed them to find these actual answers, no all powerful being kept these answers from them, they did it all on their own, the ones that figured all of this out. If we just accept one non-answer we will never find any real answers.
I realize all those things. But how, or which theory, do you think it all began?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102328 May 3, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you think I have not looked for evidence, you do not understand a single post I have made here on this thread.
And you wish for me to use that same sort of faith?
1) Mike Duquette"] If you think I have not looked for evidence, you do not understand a single post I have made here on this thread.

Ok, I stand corrected

2) My statement simply showed most believers are hypocritical when they ask if I have looked for god.
Can you show I have not looked for a god?

No,I can not,I made an assumption....my bad

3) but you certainly admit not looking for certain gods and have not looked at certain claimed prophets for truth.

That is correct and,here are the reasons. Zeus is a proven myth. All that is written about him is based on mythology. Some of Mohammed's followers have committed" incredible
deeds that most of us can not even begin to comprehend" as you stated. Based on these deeds,,which were committed in the name of Allah and Mohammed's teachings,I feel no need to study their techings,

4) If real evidence of a god existed, no one would need what is known as faith to be religious

What real evidence would you require that would prove to YOU that God existed?
AND
Since we do not all think alike,What if the evidence provided to you,was not sufficient,to convince others? What happens then?

.5) From what I can tell, all claims of evidence of a god are just mind games. Anyone that understands how the mind works knows these are just games, not reality.

Can you explain that in more detail,precisely,what do you mean by "anyone who knows how the mind works,knows these are just Games

6) Anyone who can see all religions use the same mind game to claim truth can see some must be false. I am sure you claim Islam is false. I am sure the 9/11 terrorists thought they had the same sort of evidence of a god as yourself.

I don't believe so, Jesus taught forgiveness,not revenge.
Scripture Says 'Beware of false prophets,who come to you in sheep's clothing,but inwardly,they are ravenous wolves.
I take that to mean,Do they follow Christ's teachings,or do they not.By their fruits you will know them.
Not everyone that saith unto me,Lord,Lord,shall enter into the kingdom of heaven,but he that doeth the will of my father in Heaven.I am very,very careful as to whom I trust.
I test that trust ,and that trust will grow or diminish depending on the results of my testing.
My trust and faith are not based on my emotions,nor are they based on the actions or fanaticism of others

7) They trusted this evidence so much they did an incredible deed that most of us cannot even comprehend how one can do such a thing.
And you wish for me to use that same sort of faith? No,and that is not the faith I adhere to and I don't believe I've ever said that I wish that you would use that,or any other faith.

GWB

Roseville, CA

#102329 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
Wow. I'm a bit disappointed. I share my beliefs on creation, before creation, and after death and then deal with all of you making fun of me for weeks.
I ask you all how you think everything came into existence and all I get is a rash of crap about how I asked the question and how stupid I am for trying to ask it. Really?
How are your responses any better than "God dun it" (as you summarize my beliefs)?
I don't think your fight is against atheist (they don't believe god exist"). I do see that your faith is strong and others who don't think you have the true church have not called you out for your beliefs that is contrary to their own. The religious ones claim that atheist are swine and dogs that you should not waste your time with.

The bible says that they are to correct false teachings about Jesus and the bible doctrine. I do not see them swinging the sword of truth against you, they are silent.

Based on what I found you are the top watchman, other religious ones cannot debate with you and are afraid.

When teaching false bible teachings:

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

See how other Christians are weak in response to your beliefs.

2 Corinthians 11:4
You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

Talking about religious doctrines

1 Timothy 1:3
As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer.

False Christians posting here.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

Those who believe they have the truth do not have the courage to test the doctrines of others that I can see here on Topix. I'm disappointed by this. See below.

1 John 4:1 ESV

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Location hidden

#102330 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>It cannot be removed, because something created cannot be the result of natural processes, they are exclusive.
SMH
Semantics

Replace created with formed? Can you answer then?

Geez. You guys are jumping through hoops to avoid answering a question.
AlexBirdswhistle

London, KY

#102331 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
SMH
Semantics
What is polymorphing of the covalent process of intermolecular bonding for fitty cents?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102332 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
SMH
Semantics
Created and formed are two different things. You are avoiding answering the question, not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 5 min Tommy 71
Mike Smith, Warren and Baker 7 min Tommy 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min DITCH MITCH 153,127
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min yeah man 4,559
Tru-Seal re union (Feb '14) 1 hr voter one 11
whos the best tell at Jackson msc 1 hr bmx 1
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 1 hr Gray 8
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••