Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,853

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#102429 May 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe that you are so much more intelligent and superior than everyone else, why do you waste it all arguing with us "idiots" on Topix? If we are so far beneath you that we are wasting your time, why aren't you doing something more constructive with your time?
If you work more with science in one day than any of us do in our entire lifetimes, why haven't we heard your name associated with the cure of a disease?
Why don't you run for office and turn our environment into the utopia that you claimed to be able to create?
You wanted someone to show you where you are stupid? There you go. If you are really a super intellect, then you are stupid for wasting all your time and energy proving to us all what moronic, idiotic, wastes of oxygen we are.
Why does your god not cure disease? Why does he sit and do nothing while billions suffer horribly and die an early death due to disease?
By your earlier logic, no one should work to cure disease because we need all this massive suffering in order to learn how to be good people.
Sorry but the logic meter is going crazy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102430 May 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did they originate?
Where did god originate?
Again, why does it matter so much to your religious beliefs were amino acids originated? If we showed you indisputable evidence of where they came from and it was not a god, would you disavow god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102431 May 4, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha
No I'm being a smart alic right now, but if you look back at earlier comments I've made, I don't deny science. I don't deny the idea of evolution, I just believe that God had a hand in it.
I don't believe the earth is 6000 years old. I believe creation happened over creation periods, not 6 actual days, etc.
I don't believe that things happened by chance. I believe that God had a plan, and He executed that plan.
And I believe that since He has the power and ability to create all that we can see (and even things we cannot see), then He can reattach an ear rather easily.
It just amazes me that people think everything came to be the way it is today, by chance. And if it did, what started it all? Will it self destruct at some point and start again on its own? What would it be like if it did?
Well it certainly will self destruct, as that is what solar systems do. And yes, it can thus start a new one, as that happens all the time. Pretty basic science these days.

So you believe the exact words of the bible meant something other than what they are? Great. Now apply that to all the words of the bible.

Besides the fact so many believers wish to make law due to superstitions of the bible, so many wish to claim evolution is not true. Now maybe if your prophets wrote the bible a bit more carefully, we would not have such a problem.
But the battle between creationism and evolution is real, even if you are somewhere in the middle. It is a reason many atheists argue against religion.

Until this moment, you have done nothing but argue against any possible claims of science being true. So until now, you have been on the wrong side of this battle as far as I am concerned.
You perpetuate the idea god must have created all and denigrated the concepts of science.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102432 May 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well you are calling most every scientist on the planet "illiterate monkeys". Well I think .
If what one feels when they think about their superstitious beliefs were "evidence", then all superstitions have "evidence". But of course what you call evidence is not evidence.
1)Most of us have been believers at one point in our lives, so we know what "evidence" you claim.

I don't know what evidence you based your beliefs on and I am not sure that you understand the basis for my beliefs and faith.

I have often posted the reason for my beliefs and I will post the again and you can compare them to your beliefs and see how they match up.

Let me start with responses to prayers and the reason why I prayed to God for a response.

I had problems that I was unable to resolve and though I wished that they could be resolved,they were not,I was neither able to solve them or wish them away.

The prayer that resulted in the return of my dog;

The results did not convince ,maybe it was a coincidence..maybe not...The events that took place,TO ME,were very perplexing.
Subsequently I've had to face other problems that I could neither solve or wish away.

I turned to God again and my prayers have been answered,time after time,within the same hour when I was praying or within a day
Now God said,before they are through talking,I will answer their prayer,

I understand that to mean that,God will create a way to solve the problem as I am praying,as he understands my needs without my having to voice them;
MATT 6;7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them,
FOR YOUR FATHER knows what you need before you ask him

So,given that,I have tested God's instructions and achieved the results he said I would,my faith in him has been strengthened.

In effect,if someone keeps their word and delivers on their promise,time after time,you learn to rely and trust in that person,in this case God
I do not see him,but,I can not argue with the results,because they are there for me to see.
They are not an illusion or a figment of my imagination...They are evidence that someone,somehow,heard my prayer and answered it.
The answer did not come about as a result of wishful thinking,my emotions had nothing to do with the results,neither did my feelings..
Now,those who may not have had those experiences,may find it difficult to understand and try to explain the results ,based on what they think,not on what they know,
I base my faith based on what I know as a result of my experiences.
Anyone trying to explain these events,based on what they think,without ever having experienced them,
is not qualified to state an explanation,
If one does not understand something,then,one is not qualified to explain it
If one basis their opinion on only believing that which they want to hear and only hear what they want to believe,they are automatically disqualified,,,,That type of analysis is illogical.
Space restrictions will not allow me to answer your questions fully.
If you want to know why I believe GOd speaks to me and how he does that,let me know.I will give you an answer
PS My illiterate monkey comment is to be ignored. That was my sarcastic response to a sarcastic comment made by the now invisible and can not be found SP

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102433 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
1)Most of us have been believers at one point in our lives, so we know what "evidence" you claim.
I don't know what evidence you based your beliefs on and I am not sure that you understand the basis for my beliefs and faith.
I have often posted the reason for my beliefs and I will post the again and you can compare them to your beliefs and see how they match up.
Let me start with responses to prayers and the reason why I prayed to God for a response.
I had problems that I was unable to resolve and though I wished that they could be resolved,they were not,I was neither able to solve them or wish them away.
The prayer that resulted in the return of my dog;
The results did not convince ,maybe it was a coincidence..maybe not...The events that took place,TO ME,were very perplexing.
Subsequently I've had to face other problems that I could neither solve or wish away.
I turned to God again and my prayers have been answered,time after time,within the same hour when I was praying or within a day
Now God said,before they are through talking,I will answer their prayer,
I understand that to mean that,God will create a way to solve the problem as I am praying,as he understands my needs without my having to voice them;
MATT 6;7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them,
FOR YOUR FATHER knows what you need before you ask him
So,given that,I have tested God's instructions and achieved the results he said I would,my faith in him has been strengthened.
In effect,if someone keeps their word and delivers on their promise,time after time,you learn to rely and trust in that person,in this case God
I do not see him,but,I can not argue with the results,because they are there for me to see.
They are not an illusion or a figment of my imagination...They are evidence that someone,somehow,heard my prayer and answered it.
The answer did not come about as a result of wishful thinking,my emotions had nothing to do with the results,neither did my feelings..
Now,those who may not have had those experiences,may find it difficult to understand and try to explain the results ,based on what they think,not on what they know,
I base my faith based on what I know as a result of my experiences.
Anyone trying to explain these events,based on what they think,without ever having experienced them,
is not qualified to state an explanation,
If one does not understand something,then,one is not qualified to explain it
If one basis their opinion on only believing that which they want to hear and only hear what they want to believe,they are automatically disqualified,,,,That type of analysis is illogical.
Space restrictions will not allow me to answer your questions fully.
If you want to know why I believe GOd speaks to me and how he does that,let me know.I will give you an answer
PS My illiterate monkey comment is to be ignored. That was my sarcastic response to a sarcastic comment made by the now invisible and can not be found SP
So .... you felt bad about something, looked for a quick fix, and thought you found it in some snake oil.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102434 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So .... you felt bad about something, looked for a quick fix, and thought you found it in some snake oil.
No,when I seek the truth I seek God

When I am in need of cow manure to fertilize my lawn,I look inside your head and I take some

Unfortunately for me,it does not provide me with the desired results,

My lawn dies,,,,Contamination

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102435 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,when I seek the truth I seek God
When I am in need of cow manure to fertilize my lawn,I look inside your head and I take some
Unfortunately for me,it does not provide me with the desired results,
My lawn dies,,,,Contamination
Ah yes, the christian "love," such an excellent display of it.

That aside, you present no evidence that your god is real, thus, it's not.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102436 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the christian "love," such an excellent display of it.
That aside, you present no evidence that your god is real, thus, it's not.
You want me to base my response on christian love,while you feel free to make idiotic comments on a subject that you do not understand.
Not able to understand,you base your response on your ignorance,not on your knowledge of the subject.
If you want to insult me,be ready for a reply that you will not like...
If you have nothing constructive to say,then,mind your own business...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102437 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to base my response on christian love,while you feel free to make idiotic comments on a subject that you do not understand.
Not able to understand,you base your response on your ignorance,not on your knowledge of the subject.
If you want to insult me,be ready for a reply that you will not like...
If you have nothing constructive to say,then,mind your own business...
Oh goodie! Now the christian ninth commandment broken, how cute you are when you are called to support your claims.

Oh, and bring your "A game" if you want to get into insults. Hint: calling someone stupid or a moron is not an insult.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102438 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh goodie! Now the christian ninth commandment broken, how cute you are when you are called to support your claims.
Oh, and bring your "A game" if you want to get into insults. Hint: calling someone stupid or a moron is not an insult.
That was not the basis for my response and you kmow it.
and I don't need or want an A game.
My faith in God is sufficient unto itself

LOL
Again,you state an opinion,without knowledge on the subject

I am not cute,I am amazingly handsome,,,
As a matter of fact,before I becam a Christian, I thought I was God's gift to the world

Now that I am a Christian,I KNOW who God's gift to the world is.
and it ain't me....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102439 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the basis for my response and you kmow it.
and I don't need or want an A game.
My faith in God is sufficient unto itself
LOL
Again,you state an opinion,without knowledge on the subject
I am not cute,I am amazingly handsome,,,
As a matter of fact,before I becam a Christian, I thought I was God's gift to the world
Now that I am a Christian,I KNOW who God's gift to the world is.
and it ain't me....
Yet, in spite of your belief that your imaginary friend rules the universe, you are still completely uneducated and ignorant.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102440 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, in spite of your belief that your imaginary friend rules the universe, you are still completely uneducated and ignorant.
Are you implying that your lack of education and ignorance rubbed off on me? Whoda thunk it?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102441 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying that your lack of education and ignorance rubbed off on me? Whoda thunk it?
I repeatedly demonstrate my education, you demonstrate that you don't have any education. This post I am responding to is one such demonstration.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102442 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeatedly demonstrate my education, you demonstrate that you don't have any education. This post I am responding to is one such demonstration.
Let us test this Education you claim to have.

First of all do you have a permit in order to conduct this demonstration,otherwise you will be i violation of topix ordinances
That is why SP is no longer with us.

Pardon e mois ,Parle vous francais ,mademoiselle?

Maja dzien anice,Contesteme en su idioma natal....
Es war schon,mit dir zu redden?

Nonfatevi troppo ubriaco?

Porta fa ala radeskatz

Arrividerci,cappice

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102443 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us test this Education you claim to have.
First of all do you have a permit in order to conduct this demonstration,otherwise you will be i violation of topix ordinances
That is why SP is no longer with us.
Pardon e mois ,Parle vous francais ,mademoiselle?
Maja dzien anice,Contesteme en su idioma natal....
Es war schon,mit dir zu redden?
Nonfatevi troppo ubriaco?
Porta fa ala radeskatz
Arrividerci,cappice
Wow, you don't know much at all do you. Do you even know what Google is? Google translator is a fun piece of code, and it works well. Do you even know what "demonstrating an education" means? I mean, you could Google translate that if you need to.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102444 May 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you don't know much at all do you. Do you even know what Google is? Google translator is a fun piece of code, and it works well. Do you even know what "demonstrating an education" means? I mean, you could Google translate that if you need to.
Hey,since this website is very quiet right now,I will humor myself by carrying on an unintelligent conversation with you.
Where have all the Atheists gone?
Have their passes expired?
Have they returned to their rooms at the mental asylum?

Oye,pero que es lo tuyo.Tu crees que yo ,solo me puedo exprears en un solo idiom?
Deja advertirte que estas muy equivocado.
Yo no necesito estar googooliando para saber como expresarme en un idioma diferente a el tuyo.
Lo mio es,jugar juegos mentales con esos que tienen la mente debil...Y siempre gano.
Pero,no te preocupes,con tigo tendre piedad.
Posiblemente,entenders lo que e escrito.
Si eso es cierto te disparare la proxima contestat en Aleman,Polaco o hiringonza..
Tu servidor
Chacumbele
Farkus

Lexington, KY

#102445 May 4, 2013
So...can even ONE Christian PLEASE answer this question? JUST ONE!!!
I come on here to ask it every once in a while, but I never get an answer, just some good ole Christian name-calling and bashing.
Here goes...again:
For those of you who have children, WHAT would a child of yours have to do for you to place them in a box, pour gas on them, and then light them on fire?
You couldn't? BUT your God can! But He loves you. Now that is some funny stuff.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#102446 May 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,since this website is very quiet right now,I will humor myself by carrying on an unintelligent conversation with you.
Where have all the Atheists gone?
Have their passes expired?
Have they returned to their rooms at the mental asylum?
Oye,pero que es lo tuyo.Tu crees que yo ,solo me puedo exprears en un solo idiom?
Deja advertirte que estas muy equivocado.
Yo no necesito estar googooliando para saber como expresarme en un idioma diferente a el tuyo.
Lo mio es,jugar juegos mentales con esos que tienen la mente debil...Y siempre gano.
Pero,no te preocupes,con tigo tendre piedad.
Posiblemente,entenders lo que e escrito.
Si eso es cierto te disparare la proxima contestat en Aleman,Polaco o hiringonza..
Tu servidor
Chacumbele
You live in a area that Spanish is about the first language and you think typing idiotic crap in Spanish has any intellectual merit ...

"Tis simple for the intelligent man to feign ignorance, Tis Impossible for the ignorant man to feign intellect" - Q
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102447 May 4, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
OK

4 and 6, 8 could've, but didn't.

Bless their hearts :-).

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102449 May 4, 2013
Poor Topix can't handle non-English characters. Your loss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 5 min common sense 1
city of barbourville 9 min common sense is b... 14
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 1 hr Still Looking 5
Knox Central 2 hr inquirer 1
diabetic foot (May '09) 3 hr Cory Trevor 8
Porsche mills 3 hr Prayers 17
Creek mart 3 hr guest 4
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 am PST

NBC Sports 4:32AM
Taylor Lewan wants you to know he's not a "scumbag"
NFL 6:58 AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports