Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,885)

Showing posts 97,681 - 97,700 of127,775
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
You don't understand science. Your belief requires that a unimaginably powerful and complex being of unknown origin exist and that they created us utilizing forces that we have no proof exist. The other belief is a strawman that nobody really believes. A true alternative hypothesis would be that we came to be from complex chains of amino acids (with many associated theories of the exact process), and there is infinitely more evidence to support this possibility than what you believe.
Essentially every widely studied non-religious concept that has been utilized to explain the beginnings of life on Earth are more plausible and probable than yours.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I can't believe that we all came to exist from nothing. I look at the complexities in everything and cannot believe this happened by chance, or from nothing. "

Nobody says "from nothing". That's the creation of people like you, because it's easy to "argue from incredulity" against (and this seems to be a valid form of debate for religious people who don't understand logic).
I poked the bear and sent you in a hysterical tirade.
That was my only reason for pointing out your hypocritical statement.
I enjoy pointing out flaws of the arrogant.
Mission accomplished. "

Sounds legit.

You are far more arrogant that I will ever be. I will never act as though I know enough to state that an imaginary being exists. Yet here you are, doing just that. That's the pinnacle of arrogance.
Exactly. Typical bully approach. Demean everyone else so you feel superior. "

I don't demean. I demonstrate how you are inferior (generally through choices, not biology). You try to do the same, but fail because your assumptions are incorrect. You assume that you are on a level playing field.

Not even remotely.

Also, anyone that actually thinks I'm "stupid" is not a person of sufficient worth for me to care about their opinion. Especially when they are a grudge holding nutcase.
No, logic shows that without prayer and revelation from God, the mass will not stay on the same page and have the same desires, so their own desires will coerce them to want different things and then that mass will no longer be united. Then you end up with the type of society we know today. "

Do you read ANYTHING? I said logic shows that IF ________ THEN _______. I don't give a crap about what you presuppose society would do in any other scenario. I don't get how a person consistently "debates" so dishonestly and then tries to act superior.

Raina wrote, "<quoted text>It would only be civil anyway. They would never be joined as one flesh by God.
"

You say God created all, and allowed all things to happen. And two gay men can be just as "joined as one flesh" as any man and woman. So I think that means your statement is completely false.
No, the pinnacle of arrogance is your constant displays of attacking people's intelligence. Demonstrating that others are inferior? So you obviously are meaning intellectually. Apply this logic to physically. It is no different from the more muscular jocks giving swirlies in the bathroom. It's still a bully approach.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lost and backtracking,in order to find your way back,unfortunately,to now claim that your remarks were being sarcastic,totally contradicts what you stated before
Quantum wrote(("You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either....))))
(((" No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it....)))
((Only a delusional mind would read into it OTHER THAN what it states because I am not the one praying for anyone to die))
Nowhere in what you said,is the word sarcasm stated;
But that's ok.
I believe I know where your mind is coming from and understand your efforts to explain the unexplainable,by contradicting yourself.
But I took you at your word and did not give it any meaning,other than what you stated
I would say second stage of T.S.T.K.H.S.T.A. disorder. Folks we need a Brown Ribbon so we can get donations for the T.S.T.K.H.S.T.A. Disorder Foundation.. It's obvious a cure must be found or the youth of America will be faced with the contagious effects of this crippling disorder.

While we are not sure if it is a genetic disorder or viral in nature it does seem to be communicable. With all of our resources in the great country we need to put a greater effort the quest for the Cure...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
How stupid are you?
UMMM Hey! Still don't know how to use a comma,

Seems you are the expert on both,comma and coma,as attested by your state of mind

UMMM Do you somehow not realize that you are making comparisons to a couple of highly successful vaudeville comedy acts in an attempt to insult somebody who was trying and succeeding at being funny

I was not trying to insult him. I was complimenting his ability at being a comedian,which,based on his posting,I found to be funnier than either the 3 Stooges or Abbott and Costello.
As a matter of fact,he is not the only one that I have complimented,on having that ability.
Now,I will add you to the list,your antics ,also rate right up there with those who have made a successful career for themselves by spouting nonsense and gibberish,in order to entertain the public

UMMMM "I know you are, but what am I?"
Petulant crybaby. You don't get to throw my insults back at me. They do not apply.

Based on your arrogant opinion,they may not apply,Based on my humble opinion they do
UMM You may be literally retarded. How do you not get it? I discuss it time and time again because YOU, moron, keep acting as though their is proof of existence. And if that is true, then there is certainly only right to teach your garbage at school. Do you get it yet? Even a little bit? This is an exceedingly simple concept.

UMM Oh, wait... I see it now. God is totally guiding my thoughts to him. There is a great conflict in my mind and God is just using the Holy Ghost to push me towards realization that HE is REAL!!!!
Thank you! I finally understand! Thank you so much for pointing my poor logical brain to the Lord! I shall throw down my books and science and evidence and reason and take up the Bible! I've been a fool for so long! I can't believe I didn't want people to teach God's word in school! I was hardly even American. I can't believe that I was trying to oppress the freedom of speech and freedom of religion of God's people by keeping the Bible out of school. I am ashamed.
Really, moron? Really? Is that the kind of response you want? Do you think that a couple of sentences about the doubt and confusion and conflict you imagine me having in my mind is going to flip some switch and make me abandon everything that makes me a better part of the human race than you?

Do not attribute things to me,that I never said and I never said any of the above.
That your mind chose to interpret them that way,has nothing to do with me.
That is between you and your mind and you need to ask your mind,why it provided you with that interpretation....Could be,it is trying to tell you something

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the amino acids come from? What created them?
And how did amino acid turn in to everything we see from a solar system that operates perfectly, to planets, to humans?
We find the complex organic molecules that make up amino acids throughout space... Nothing creates them... It's a natural self assembly into ever more complex forms of matter....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And how did amino acid turn in to everything we see from a solar system that operates perfectly, to planets, to humans?
Huh?
<double take><blink>
0.o HUH?
If wish to ever be taken seriously again, you CANNOT post things like this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
You don't understand science. Your belief requires that a unimaginably powerful and complex being of unknown origin exist and that they created us utilizing forces that we have no proof exist. The other belief is a strawman that nobody really believes. A true alternative hypothesis would be that we came to be from complex chains of amino acids (with many associated theories of the exact process), and there is infinitely more evidence to support this possibility than what you believe.
Essentially every widely studied non-religious concept that has been utilized to explain the beginnings of life on Earth are more plausible and probable than yours.
I can't believe that we all came to exist from nothing. I look at the complexities in everything and cannot believe this happened by chance, or from nothing. "

Nobody says "from nothing". That's the creation of people like you, because it's easy to "argue from incredulity" against (and this seems to be a valid form of debate for religious people who don't understand logic).
I poked the bear and sent you in a hysterical tirade.
That was my only reason for pointing out your hypocritical statement.
I enjoy pointing out flaws of the arrogant.
Mission accomplished. "

Sounds legit.

You are far more arrogant that I will ever be. I will never act as though I know enough to state that an imaginary being exists. Yet here you are, doing just that. That's the pinnacle of arrogance.
Exactly. Typical bully approach. Demean everyone else so you feel superior. "

I don't demean. I demonstrate how you are inferior (generally through choices, not biology). You try to do the same, but fail because your assumptions are incorrect. You assume that you are on a level playing field.

Not even remotely.

Also, anyone that actually thinks I'm "stupid" is not a person of sufficient worth for me to care about their opinion. Especially when they are a grudge holding nutcase.
No, logic shows that without prayer and revelation from God, the mass will not stay on the same page and have the same desires, so their own desires will coerce them to want different things and then that mass will no longer be united. Then you end up with the type of society we know today. "

Do you read ANYTHING? I said logic shows that IF ________ THEN _______. I don't give a crap about what you presuppose society would do in any other scenario. I don't get how a person consistently "debates" so dishonestly and then tries to act superior.

Raina wrote, "<quoted text>It would only be civil anyway. They would never be joined as one flesh by God.
"

You say God created all, and allowed all things to happen. And two gay men can be just as "joined as one flesh" as any man and woman. So I think that means your statement is completely false.
If you honestly believe that you are so much more intelligent and superior than everyone else, why do you waste it all arguing with us "idiots" on Topix? If we are so far beneath you that we are wasting your time, why aren't you doing something more constructive with your time?
If you work more with science in one day than any of us do in our entire lifetimes, why haven't we heard your name associated with the cure of a disease?
Why don't you run for office and turn our environment into the utopia that you claimed to be able to create?

You wanted someone to show you where you are stupid? There you go. If you are really a super intellect, then you are stupid for wasting all your time and energy proving to us all what moronic, idiotic, wastes of oxygen we are.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind your 9th commandment "Christian." OBVIOUSLY when an atheist refers to "God" when responding to a religie, he is doing so strictly in a hypothetical context - one which relates to the religie's definition and not his own. You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists? Your true colors are showing, and they are all shades of brown.
Boats are regarded as "she's." Do you therefore automatically pounce on the notion that they literally have XX chromosomes, vaginae, uterus and lactating mammary glands? Of course not. By attempting to win an argument by any means necessary, you are engaging in blatant dishonesty.
Bad religie! Bad!
Nice try but,he neither mentions sarcasm,or that his reaponse is based on a hypothetical illustration.
What he DID say is;

No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.
Now,because of the contradiction,every one is trying to explain why that contradiction occurred...Cow doodoo
You stated that" You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists?
I never said that I construed it that way,that is the way you chose to construe what I said.
All your attempts to try and give a different meaning to whatQM wrote,is a direct contradiction to the way he wrote,ikt should be interpreted...Even he,has contradicted himself.
Once the cat is out of the bag,you can not contradict it back into the bag,,,,You have to try aand TRICK IT back...
Some cats can not be tricked

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>We find the complex organic molecules that make up amino acids throughout space... Nothing creates them... It's a natural self assembly into ever more complex forms of matter....
From where did they originate?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
<double take><blink>
0.o HUH?
If wish to ever be taken seriously again, you CANNOT post things like this.
I'm trying to decipher Ummm's post that everything started from amino acids.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
"a solar system that operates perfectly" Say Whut? Entire solar systems blow up, big hunks of rock and ice smack planets, The moon is moving away from the earth at a few inches a year, the magnetic north pole is moving at 40 miles per year, volcano erupt and destroy miles of country side, earth quakes kill 1000's, tsunami's wipe cities, 1000's of species go extinct every year.... Where's all that Perfection?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you read the Bible?
Read Psalm 22
Proverbs 14:32
Isaiah 53
Those quickly come to mind
The OT also predicted His life and resurrection.
Isaiah also prophesied of Joseph Smith and the restoration as a side note.
Yet .. it was ALL written after the fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did they originate?
Dying stars and gas clouds. Any other stupid questions?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try but,he neither mentions sarcasm,or that his reaponse is based on a hypothetical illustration.
What he DID say is;
No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.
Now,because of the contradiction,every one is trying to explain why that contradiction occurred...Cow doodoo
You stated that" You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists?
I never said that I construed it that way,that is the way you chose to construe what I said.
All your attempts to try and give a different meaning to whatQM wrote,is a direct contradiction to the way he wrote,ikt should be interpreted...Even he,has contradicted himself.
Once the cat is out of the bag,you can not contradict it back into the bag,,,,You have to try aand TRICK IT back...
Some cats can not be tricked
Your whole argument is nothing but a flimsy trick. Q's response to Sunny Day was CLEARLY sarcastic. How is it you didn't get that?(hmm... sudden feeling of deja vu)
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy....
I totally agree,If those who do not believe in God, are convinced in their minds that God does not exist,why ask him to do anything?
Why even discuss the topic? Does not make sense to me,since it would seem a waste of time.
Yet,Atheists,keep addressing that which their mind tells them,they should not believe
If I am convinced,in my mind,that something does not exist,I do not waste my time debating that topic,What would be the point?
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?
Why would my mind tell me X does not exist on the one hand and on the other hand,my mind insists on discussing that which it has told me does not exist.
What is my mind trying to tell me?
Your mind is trying to bake a logic pretzel.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding of what you posted,suggests to me that,you do not believe it is God's will to take the life of those who do not believe in him and that is why you believe God does not want anything to do with SD either,due to SD"S wish that they should die.
The either part,I understand to mean that,you believe that,although God doesn't want anything to do with Unbelievers or SD either,he does not believe unbelievers should be punished by death due to their disagreement with SD"s beliefs.
Having pounced on the idea that atheists believe in God, you continue your train of thought - complete and utter nonsense.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know a lot, do you? Why don't you go read something instead of asking me to explain 30 elementary concepts to you?

And "perfectly"? WTF are you smoking? I see creationists say this type of garbage all the time. Why have I never seen anything remotely like perfection in our solar system/universe? All I see is a bunch of stuff being influenced, through the laws of nature (etc.), by a bunch of other stuff. And vice versa.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the pinnacle of arrogance is your constant displays of attacking people's intelligence.
You really think that? No you don't. That's just too stupid. Assuming you KNOW things that there is no evidence for is far more arrogant than anything you'll ever see me do.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrating that others are inferior? So you obviously are meaning intellectually. Apply this logic to physically. It is no different from the more muscular jocks giving swirlies in the bathroom. It's still a bully approach.
Again, do you read anything? If you'd read it, you'd see "generally through choices, not biology". As I've stated ad nauseam, I'm not criticizing people because they can't do math as well as me or can't remember as many things as me or whatever. Every non-handicapped person is capable of proper logic or doing simple things like learning about a topic before arguing about it or asking instead of telling when their knowledge is lacking (as those are choices/actions). If that group doesn't include you, let me know and I will stop ripping on you for those reasons and assume that you are indeed handicapped.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
UMMM Hey! Still don't know how to use a comma,
Seems you are the expert on both,comma and coma,as attested by your state of mind

DERRRRP
That was just so amazingly clever that you don't get a real response.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe that you are so much more intelligent and superior than everyone else, why do you waste it all arguing with us "idiots" on Topix? If we are so far beneath you that we are wasting your time, why aren't you doing something more constructive with your time?
Why don't you get it? I've never said "everyone else". You're making that up. You are a strawman factory.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you work more with science in one day than any of us do in our entire lifetimes, why haven't we heard your name associated with the cure of a disease?
Because you don't know my name, and medicine is not the only way that science improves the human race.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you run for office and turn our environment into the utopia that you claimed to be able to create?
Because politicians are scumbags and a single non-scumbag joining their ranks will either have no impact or be eliminated.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanted someone to show you where you are stupid? There you go. If you are really a super intellect, then you are stupid for wasting all your time and energy proving to us all what moronic, idiotic, wastes of oxygen we are.
Your lack of understanding about the miniscule amount of time and energy I spend here invalidates any conclusion you think you've drawn. And "a super intellect"? Funny that I don't recall ever saying that.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is not "everything", moron. You don't need to decipher anything. You just need to learn English and then read my damn post.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the saddest Mormon I have ever known. Most Mormons are highly educated and know all this already, they are smart enough to reconcile their religion with the scientific facts instead of denying science. Want to know what the bishop of my ward said when I asked about evolution? "It was just god's way of making life what it is." That's actually an intelligent answer, and one that is actually acceptable. Yep, Mormons don't deny evolution or any of the scientific facts, none of them, that makes you not only a failed Mormon but likely a liar, as I highly doubt someone as uneducated as you would ever be allowed in one of the churches simply because you'd bring down the IQ of the entire ward.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Amino acids are among the building blocks for carbon based life, but not for a planet or a solar system. Don't superimpose the general over the specific, inductive reasoning only works in certain circumstances and beware of placing the cart before the horse. The solar system is far from hospitable and even the Earth is not strictly "perfect" for human life.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

(1)[Christian asks "stumper" question.]
(2)[Atheist answers question.]
(3)[A lapse of time]
(4)[Christian repeats question.]
(5)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(6)[A lapse of time]
(7)[Christian repeats question.]
(8)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(9)[A lapse of time]
(10)[Atheist leaves in frustration.]
(11) Atheist, you never answered my question.
(12) Therefore, God exists.

The religie peacock argument from selective memory.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey Ummm,

I have given your question some thought and I think you need more selections maybe a 5 and a 666. The kjv holyhatebible "god" does not exist no "belief" needed.

Omnipotent, I think is a big part of the end result, impossible as defined in the holyhatebible.

If an individual were to read the holyhatebible and watch the offering plate being passed.......Or better yet consider leprechauns and fairy tales.......Maybe just look at the people who speak for the sky critter.
There would be little reason to "believe".

From your selection, I would have to pick 4 without the "belief" part.

I assume you are referring to the kjv holyhatebibles sky critter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... Want to know what the bishop of my ward said when I asked about evolution? "It was just god's way of making life what it is." That's actually an intelligent answer, and one that is actually acceptable....
I think you and I may disagree about the intelligence or acceptability of that answer. But, I agree with you that it's vastly superior to the typical "evil-ution is stupid" argument-from-ignorance responses given by the bulk of the religious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,681 - 97,700 of127,775
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 144,606
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 2 hr FarePrey 362
Brooke (Teeth) (Oct '09) 3 hr Wow 29
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Educated Hillbilly 26,160
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 7 hr Nope 9
KC Basketball Coach 7 hr Well 46
Melissa Collett (May '12) 7 hr Mad 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••