Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,466

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102250 May 3, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
You don't understand science. Your belief requires that a unimaginably powerful and complex being of unknown origin exist and that they created us utilizing forces that we have no proof exist. The other belief is a strawman that nobody really believes. A true alternative hypothesis would be that we came to be from complex chains of amino acids (with many associated theories of the exact process), and there is infinitely more evidence to support this possibility than what you believe.
Essentially every widely studied non-religious concept that has been utilized to explain the beginnings of life on Earth are more plausible and probable than yours.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I can't believe that we all came to exist from nothing. I look at the complexities in everything and cannot believe this happened by chance, or from nothing. "

Nobody says "from nothing". That's the creation of people like you, because it's easy to "argue from incredulity" against (and this seems to be a valid form of debate for religious people who don't understand logic).
I poked the bear and sent you in a hysterical tirade.
That was my only reason for pointing out your hypocritical statement.
I enjoy pointing out flaws of the arrogant.
Mission accomplished. "

Sounds legit.

You are far more arrogant that I will ever be. I will never act as though I know enough to state that an imaginary being exists. Yet here you are, doing just that. That's the pinnacle of arrogance.
Exactly. Typical bully approach. Demean everyone else so you feel superior. "

I don't demean. I demonstrate how you are inferior (generally through choices, not biology). You try to do the same, but fail because your assumptions are incorrect. You assume that you are on a level playing field.

Not even remotely.

Also, anyone that actually thinks I'm "stupid" is not a person of sufficient worth for me to care about their opinion. Especially when they are a grudge holding nutcase.
No, logic shows that without prayer and revelation from God, the mass will not stay on the same page and have the same desires, so their own desires will coerce them to want different things and then that mass will no longer be united. Then you end up with the type of society we know today. "

Do you read ANYTHING? I said logic shows that IF ________ THEN _______. I don't give a crap about what you presuppose society would do in any other scenario. I don't get how a person consistently "debates" so dishonestly and then tries to act superior.

Raina wrote, "<quoted text>It would only be civil anyway. They would never be joined as one flesh by God.
"

You say God created all, and allowed all things to happen. And two gay men can be just as "joined as one flesh" as any man and woman. So I think that means your statement is completely false.
If you honestly believe that you are so much more intelligent and superior than everyone else, why do you waste it all arguing with us "idiots" on Topix? If we are so far beneath you that we are wasting your time, why aren't you doing something more constructive with your time?
If you work more with science in one day than any of us do in our entire lifetimes, why haven't we heard your name associated with the cure of a disease?
Why don't you run for office and turn our environment into the utopia that you claimed to be able to create?

You wanted someone to show you where you are stupid? There you go. If you are really a super intellect, then you are stupid for wasting all your time and energy proving to us all what moronic, idiotic, wastes of oxygen we are.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102251 May 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind your 9th commandment "Christian." OBVIOUSLY when an atheist refers to "God" when responding to a religie, he is doing so strictly in a hypothetical context - one which relates to the religie's definition and not his own. You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists? Your true colors are showing, and they are all shades of brown.
Boats are regarded as "she's." Do you therefore automatically pounce on the notion that they literally have XX chromosomes, vaginae, uterus and lactating mammary glands? Of course not. By attempting to win an argument by any means necessary, you are engaging in blatant dishonesty.
Bad religie! Bad!
Nice try but,he neither mentions sarcasm,or that his reaponse is based on a hypothetical illustration.
What he DID say is;

No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.
Now,because of the contradiction,every one is trying to explain why that contradiction occurred...Cow doodoo
You stated that" You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists?
I never said that I construed it that way,that is the way you chose to construe what I said.
All your attempts to try and give a different meaning to whatQM wrote,is a direct contradiction to the way he wrote,ikt should be interpreted...Even he,has contradicted himself.
Once the cat is out of the bag,you can not contradict it back into the bag,,,,You have to try aand TRICK IT back...
Some cats can not be tricked

Location hidden

#102252 May 3, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>We find the complex organic molecules that make up amino acids throughout space... Nothing creates them... It's a natural self assembly into ever more complex forms of matter....
From where did they originate?

Location hidden

#102253 May 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
<double take><blink>
0.o HUH?
If wish to ever be taken seriously again, you CANNOT post things like this.
I'm trying to decipher Ummm's post that everything started from amino acids.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102254 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the amino acids come from? What created them?
And how did amino acid turn in to everything we see from a solar system that operates perfectly, to planets, to humans?
"a solar system that operates perfectly" Say Whut? Entire solar systems blow up, big hunks of rock and ice smack planets, The moon is moving away from the earth at a few inches a year, the magnetic north pole is moving at 40 miles per year, volcano erupt and destroy miles of country side, earth quakes kill 1000's, tsunami's wipe cities, 1000's of species go extinct every year.... Where's all that Perfection?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102255 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you read the Bible?
Read Psalm 22
Proverbs 14:32
Isaiah 53
Those quickly come to mind
The OT also predicted His life and resurrection.
Isaiah also prophesied of Joseph Smith and the restoration as a side note.
Yet .. it was ALL written after the fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102256 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
From where did they originate?
Dying stars and gas clouds. Any other stupid questions?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102257 May 3, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try but,he neither mentions sarcasm,or that his reaponse is based on a hypothetical illustration.
What he DID say is;
No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.
Now,because of the contradiction,every one is trying to explain why that contradiction occurred...Cow doodoo
You stated that" You construe this as some wholly illogical proof that atheists are actually deists?
I never said that I construed it that way,that is the way you chose to construe what I said.
All your attempts to try and give a different meaning to whatQM wrote,is a direct contradiction to the way he wrote,ikt should be interpreted...Even he,has contradicted himself.
Once the cat is out of the bag,you can not contradict it back into the bag,,,,You have to try aand TRICK IT back...
Some cats can not be tricked
Your whole argument is nothing but a flimsy trick. Q's response to Sunny Day was CLEARLY sarcastic. How is it you didn't get that?(hmm... sudden feeling of deja vu)
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy....
I totally agree,If those who do not believe in God, are convinced in their minds that God does not exist,why ask him to do anything?
Why even discuss the topic? Does not make sense to me,since it would seem a waste of time.
Yet,Atheists,keep addressing that which their mind tells them,they should not believe
If I am convinced,in my mind,that something does not exist,I do not waste my time debating that topic,What would be the point?
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?
Why would my mind tell me X does not exist on the one hand and on the other hand,my mind insists on discussing that which it has told me does not exist.
What is my mind trying to tell me?
Your mind is trying to bake a logic pretzel.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding of what you posted,suggests to me that,you do not believe it is God's will to take the life of those who do not believe in him and that is why you believe God does not want anything to do with SD either,due to SD"S wish that they should die.
The either part,I understand to mean that,you believe that,although God doesn't want anything to do with Unbelievers or SD either,he does not believe unbelievers should be punished by death due to their disagreement with SD"s beliefs.
Having pounced on the idea that atheists believe in God, you continue your train of thought - complete and utter nonsense.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102258 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did the amino acids come from? What created them?
And how did amino acid turn in to everything we see from a solar system that operates perfectly, to planets, to humans?
You really don't know a lot, do you? Why don't you go read something instead of asking me to explain 30 elementary concepts to you?

And "perfectly"? WTF are you smoking? I see creationists say this type of garbage all the time. Why have I never seen anything remotely like perfection in our solar system/universe? All I see is a bunch of stuff being influenced, through the laws of nature (etc.), by a bunch of other stuff. And vice versa.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the pinnacle of arrogance is your constant displays of attacking people's intelligence.
You really think that? No you don't. That's just too stupid. Assuming you KNOW things that there is no evidence for is far more arrogant than anything you'll ever see me do.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrating that others are inferior? So you obviously are meaning intellectually. Apply this logic to physically. It is no different from the more muscular jocks giving swirlies in the bathroom. It's still a bully approach.
Again, do you read anything? If you'd read it, you'd see "generally through choices, not biology". As I've stated ad nauseam, I'm not criticizing people because they can't do math as well as me or can't remember as many things as me or whatever. Every non-handicapped person is capable of proper logic or doing simple things like learning about a topic before arguing about it or asking instead of telling when their knowledge is lacking (as those are choices/actions). If that group doesn't include you, let me know and I will stop ripping on you for those reasons and assume that you are indeed handicapped.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
UMMM Hey! Still don't know how to use a comma,
Seems you are the expert on both,comma and coma,as attested by your state of mind

DERRRRP
That was just so amazingly clever that you don't get a real response.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you honestly believe that you are so much more intelligent and superior than everyone else, why do you waste it all arguing with us "idiots" on Topix? If we are so far beneath you that we are wasting your time, why aren't you doing something more constructive with your time?
Why don't you get it? I've never said "everyone else". You're making that up. You are a strawman factory.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you work more with science in one day than any of us do in our entire lifetimes, why haven't we heard your name associated with the cure of a disease?
Because you don't know my name, and medicine is not the only way that science improves the human race.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you run for office and turn our environment into the utopia that you claimed to be able to create?
Because politicians are scumbags and a single non-scumbag joining their ranks will either have no impact or be eliminated.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanted someone to show you where you are stupid? There you go. If you are really a super intellect, then you are stupid for wasting all your time and energy proving to us all what moronic, idiotic, wastes of oxygen we are.
Your lack of understanding about the miniscule amount of time and energy I spend here invalidates any conclusion you think you've drawn. And "a super intellect"? Funny that I don't recall ever saying that.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is not "everything", moron. You don't need to decipher anything. You just need to learn English and then read my damn post.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#102259 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the saddest Mormon I have ever known. Most Mormons are highly educated and know all this already, they are smart enough to reconcile their religion with the scientific facts instead of denying science. Want to know what the bishop of my ward said when I asked about evolution? "It was just god's way of making life what it is." That's actually an intelligent answer, and one that is actually acceptable. Yep, Mormons don't deny evolution or any of the scientific facts, none of them, that makes you not only a failed Mormon but likely a liar, as I highly doubt someone as uneducated as you would ever be allowed in one of the churches simply because you'd bring down the IQ of the entire ward.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102260 May 3, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Amino acids are among the building blocks for carbon based life, but not for a planet or a solar system. Don't superimpose the general over the specific, inductive reasoning only works in certain circumstances and beware of placing the cart before the horse. The solar system is far from hospitable and even the Earth is not strictly "perfect" for human life.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102261 May 3, 2013
(1)[Christian asks "stumper" question.]
(2)[Atheist answers question.]
(3)[A lapse of time]
(4)[Christian repeats question.]
(5)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(6)[A lapse of time]
(7)[Christian repeats question.]
(8)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(9)[A lapse of time]
(10)[Atheist leaves in frustration.]
(11) Atheist, you never answered my question.
(12) Therefore, God exists.

The religie peacock argument from selective memory.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102262 May 3, 2013

“There is no god.”

USA

#102263 May 3, 2013
Hey Ummm,

I have given your question some thought and I think you need more selections maybe a 5 and a 666. The kjv holyhatebible "god" does not exist no "belief" needed.

Omnipotent, I think is a big part of the end result, impossible as defined in the holyhatebible.

If an individual were to read the holyhatebible and watch the offering plate being passed.......Or better yet consider leprechauns and fairy tales.......Maybe just look at the people who speak for the sky critter.
There would be little reason to "believe".

From your selection, I would have to pick 4 without the "belief" part.

I assume you are referring to the kjv holyhatebibles sky critter.

Location hidden

#102264 May 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... Want to know what the bishop of my ward said when I asked about evolution? "It was just god's way of making life what it is." That's actually an intelligent answer, and one that is actually acceptable....
I think you and I may disagree about the intelligence or acceptability of that answer. But, I agree with you that it's vastly superior to the typical "evil-ution is stupid" argument-from-ignorance responses given by the bulk of the religious.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102265 May 3, 2013
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102266 May 3, 2013
To all the Atheists who spend all day on Topix
posting nonsense.
Here is YOUR CALL TO ARMS

Get a Job by Silhouettes
Sha na na na, sha na na na na,
Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip
Mum mum mum mum mum mum
Get a job Sha na na na, sha na na na na
Every morning about this time
she get me out of my bed
a-crying get a job.
After breakfast, everyday,
she throws the want ads right my way
And never fails to say,
Mum mum mum mum mum mum
And when I get the paper
I read it through and through
And my girl never fails to say
If there is any work for me,
And when I go back to the house
I hear the woman's mouth
Preaching and a crying,
Tell me that I'm lying 'bout a job
That I never could find.
Mum mum mum mum mum mum
Raina

Monticello, KY

#102267 May 3, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
(1)[Christian asks "stumper" question.]
(2)[Atheist answers question.]
(3)[A lapse of time]
(4)[Christian repeats question.]
(5)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(6)[A lapse of time]
(7)[Christian repeats question.]
(8)[Atheist repeats answer.]
(9)[A lapse of time]
(10)[Atheist leaves in frustration.]
(11) Atheist, you never answered my question.
(12) Therefore, God exists.
The religie peacock argument from selective memory.
Well that's a stupid childish lie.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102268 May 3, 2013
"Atheist:(1) one who has no invisible means of support.(2) beloved of God./(3) one who knows he was not merely created./"
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102270 May 3, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole argument is nothing but a flimsy trick. Q's response to Sunny Day was CLEARLY sarcastic. How is it you didn't get that?(hmm... sudden feeling of deja vu)
<quoted text>
Your mind is trying to bake a logic pretzel.
<quoted text>
Having pounced on the idea that atheists believe in God, you continue your train of thought - complete and utter nonsense.
If one believes he is right,one does not frantically continue to try to prove they were right,by falsely attributing to others,what others have not said.
No,I have not pounced on the idea that Atheists believe in God.
That is an ignorant comment and illogical....
But then again,it is you,that has arrived at that illogical conclusion and are trying to attribute it to me..
Keep in mind
Frantic efforts always Fail

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 19 min lol 56
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 25 min chicken killers 16
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 34 min mike 32
McDonald's girls (Jan '14) 48 min Jackie 5
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 59 min Neighbor 14
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr Thank you 72
Indictments 1 hr my vote 21
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 9 hr John 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 11 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating