Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
97,641 - 97,660 of 130,225 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Raina

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, I will give you that one, good job. So then why do the Jews not believe in the Jesus as a deity? Is the holy ghost not answering them?
From what the old testament says, I can see why the claims of the new testament are what they are. Does this mean any of the things happened as claimed? No. Maybe this is why the Jews do not believe in the Jesus?
They were looking for a messiah that had the appearance of a king to begin with. It all started when Jesus was born. You must know the story with King Herod. The message of the Angel spread quickly. Who would have believed the Messiah was born in a stable? Etc. Etc. "That's how the fight started." Yet OT prophecy foretold that He would "come forth as a root out of dry ground, having no comliness that any should 'desire' Him". He came to His own and they received Him not. You know the story. Today the Jews are still at the wailing wall praying for the Messiah to come. It will all be over with one day and they will still be there at the wall. It was never that they didn't get an answer, they just didn't want that answer. It happened just as prophecy claimed it would. Problem is people do not search the Scriptures. All the answers are there if one bothers to look. The Jews have no idea that they have been freed from the bondage of the Law.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiderman teaches better morals, is more recent and we know New York is real ... so based on your own assertion, Spiderman should be worshiped.
No, not actually, even if the fictional spideyboy does have nice manners of make believe, the difference is, Your illogic is imaginary.

Mine (Simcha Jacobovici for example) is based on reality.

Sorry-but I'm not in to delusions of cartoonish, comic book predecessor make believe.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still ignoring reality so you can continue to live in your delusion. You are correct, I am ill-equipped to educate someone as delusional as you are.
Might want to stick to comic book fantasies then.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So because marriage does not seem to you that it carries the same weight it once did, you refuse to allow homosexuals to have the privilege?
I already agreed one can be monogamous without marriage, but that proves nothing to my point. You keep ignoring my point as if I made no point. Fact is, even though some people do not honor their marriage vows, it does help to make such vows in a legal manner that is accepted by society. It helps one to be monogamous. It helps whether one might could do it without marriage or not.
The fact you keep ignoring this point shows your views must not be very thoughtful.
The only thing I disagree with is that marriage helps someone stay monogamous. I'm not ignoring your point, I just disagree with it.
Also, I never said to deny gays the same rights. Please don't assume that is my stance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
It's seriously like you speak another language. No kidding. It's like "let's take this word that everyone knows the definition of. now let's give it our own crazy definition and just start using it like that!".

If you expect ANYONE to take what you just wrote seriously, at least use real words the real way. Explain what you're talking about. For example, I "truly seek" my car keys quite often. I utilize my senses and brain and search for them. Based on what my senses collect and my brain determines from that, I usually find what I'm seeking. Those words mean something that a non-brainwashed individual understands. If you'd like to use them to mean something else, don't. Explain it better using real words that real people use. Just copy/paste it all and change the non-English to normal Americanized English.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I said you need to have humility to open the door that He may exist. This is all it takes to begin a path to knowing God. "

Exactly what do you think my position is? Have I EVER said anything to the contrary? No. That would be in no way logical. So what are you even grasping for now?
My comment about humility wasn't for you.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not actually, even if the fictional spideyboy does have nice manners of make believe, the difference is, Your illogic is imaginary.
Mine (Simcha Jacobovici for example) is based on reality.
Sorry-but I'm not in to delusions of cartoonish, comic book predecessor make believe.
LOL.
http://world.time.com/2013/01/29/a-feud-betwe...
You need to pick better idols.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All hail the Michael, for it is written.
See: The three words <insert whatever name as the fourth> every man wants to hear? LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The fact zero evidence exists of a god creating any of the things you listed is why I do not believe a creator must have created them. First it stands to reason the creator must need a creator if a creator is needed for what you listed. It is sad you think a god needs no creator. It is sad that you automatically assume magic is the answer. It is sad you expect me to think magic was the only way it could exist.
I have never seen magic in the sense it is anything other than a trick or illusion. So why would I think tricks or illusions create the things you listed?
Most scientists do not believe it takes magic to create these things and they study this stuff in ways that boggle the mind.

And what is this "testimony"? Sounds again like thoughts in your head. Now call that demeaning if you will, but I am not going to sugar coat this debate to spare your ego.
I don't take it as demeaning. I'm able to put myself in the shoes of others, so in understand your stance.
You say it is sad that I don't think a creator needs a creator. I never said that. Remember, I'm the only guy on here that has said I think the Father would have to have a Father.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, well you cannot show evidence, how convenient. Sorry, but I do not take outrageous claims as truth without evidence. I know you do, but we are very different people.
Some claim a man rose from the dead after three days. Why should I accept this outrageous claim with zero evidence?
Sorry, I'm not going to display my family's names on here. That is too disrespectful to the people I care about the most.
Raina

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh whaaaa, "no one wants my opinion...whaaaa whaaaa".
I'll tell you why...there are two reasons:
1) the topic of this thread isn't really up for debate. The SCOTUS decided this a long time ago.
2) Your opinion isn't valued because you're a hateful, idiotic loon.
Can you possibly ever reply as an adult instead of a childish smarta$$? Your idea of cleverness is very immature and not to be taken any more serious than it sounds. Grow up. The very reason some think you are all the same person. The whole atheist cheering section sounds exactly the same. I see one of you write a comment and then see it repeated by the others on here. You need to become more individual. It's as though you all are reading from a script.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just because I think you believe crazy stuff does not mean I think you are crazy. I think you are just as billions of normal people on this planet. A person who follows the gods their parents taught them.
I have little doubt your parents were Hindu or Muslim. Just as 80% of all humans follow the general religious beliefs of their parents.
I do not think this is due to some holy ghost telling them the beliefs of the parents, I think this is due to humans following what parents teach them on an average percentage basis.
It only follows logically humans follow the teachings of the parents in order for us to learn basic survival skills. The religious beliefs just follow the same rules of the mind.

I only joined the Mormon church due to my family and what they convinced me of. It is only instinctive to believe your parents to a certain degree. So if they tell you it is the only true church, you tend to believe it. It is a crazy concept, but not so crazy that we pass these concepts down to our children and they do so to their children and so on.
This might have been a relevant comment if I would have been raised in the LDS Church. I am a convert.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.
http://world.time.com/2013/01/29/a-feud-betwe...
You need to pick better idols.
I didn't pick spideyman....oh hella no...not getting involved in all that comic strip nonsense, especially when I'd have to opt for meriting the works of Wonder Woman lol.
Anyway-

I like that watching that archeologist guy dig around-at least he applies LOGIC, no matter if such falsifies a thought, or reinforces it.

Is that link about trying to gain access to under the Temple rock? I know that is a serious issue of legalities....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You are still ignoring reality so you can continue to live in your delusion. You are correct, I am ill-equipped to educate someone as delusional as you are.
No I am making it clear that I am more in touch with the situation, and you only know what I've told you. You are I'll-equipped to tell me what reality is in this situation.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are new to the concept of sarcasm.
Obviously,you do not understand what you read.

Quantum wrote;No... Some of us enjoy the banter and the comedic relief of poking the delusional ....

And for the......

Quantum wrote(("You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either....))))

(((" No, I WAS VERY AWARE of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it....)))

Only a delusional mind would read into it other than what it states because I am not the one praying for anyone to die,

<quoted text>Curious
I did not say that you were the one praying for any one to die.
In your statement,you said
"You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either ,Thereby,implying that there is someone else He does not want anything to do with,other than,SD.
The other,would have to mean,those who disagree with SD, those being non believers or Atheists.
My understanding of what you posted,suggests to me that,you do not believe it is God's will to take the life of those who do not believe in him and that is why you believe God does not want anything to do with SD either,due to SD"S wish that they should die.
The either part,I understand to mean that,you believe that,although God doesn't want anything to do with Unbelievers or SD either,he does not believe unbelievers should be punished by death due to their disagreement with SD"s beliefs.
If I understood you correctly,then, what is the basis for your stating that God does not want anything to do with SD either.....and does your statement mean that God wants nothing to do with Atheists either.

After all is said and done,it would appear that QM thinks you have a delusional mind...
He wrote what his mind told him..Period,,,,Nothing about sarcasm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So god does not intervene in all things? Well it looks like he is not intervening at all. He is not intervening to stop massive suffering of millions. He can fix one kids ear, but fails to stop the real massive suffering?
Sorry, but my logic meter is going crazy now. Your story just fails to show justice. It fails to show fairness. The sort of traits we look at here on earth as good traits, your god seems not not have.
Should I forgo my understanding of good and bad to justify gods lack of help?
You seem to keep expecting me to forgo logic, and expect me to blindly accept this claimed god has some reasons that humans cannot relate to. Sorry, but that is code for someone to forgo logic.
The scriptures show that if the masses were to all attempt to live righteously, and pray to end suffering, He would grant it. Show me one country that is united in the worship of Him, and I'll show you a country without suffering.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I disagree with is that marriage helps someone stay monogamous. I'm not ignoring your point, I just disagree with it.
Also, I never said to deny gays the same rights. Please don't assume that is my stance.
I'd argue that an oath or a vow does reinforce a contract, but it depends entirely on the character of those who agree to the contract in the first place. Has the U.S. Government been very "monogamous" in its "vows" with Amerind tribes? No. In those treaties, agreements, contracts and settlements as well as in thousands on thousands of others, as an entity it has proven itself to be unfaithful and unscrupulous. The issue of whether religious study and deity worship should continue to be disallowed in Public schools is one (among many) in which the public needs to vigilantly demand that the government uphold the vows of the Constitution.

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Raina wrote:
<quoted text>Can you possibly ever reply as an adult instead of a childish smarta$$? Your idea of cleverness is very immature and not to be taken any more serious than it sounds. Grow up. The very reason some think you are all the same person. The whole atheist cheering section sounds exactly the same. I see one of you write a comment and then see it repeated by the others on here. You need to become more individual. It's as though you all are reading from a script.
Seriously? Try looking at the other side, idiot. They are LITERALLY reading from the same script. Over and over.
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't pick spideyman....oh hella no...not getting involved in all that comic strip nonsense, especially when I'd have to opt for meriting the works of Wonder Woman lol.
Anyway-
I like that watching that archeologist guy dig around-at least he applies LOGIC, no matter if such falsifies a thought, or reinforces it.
Is that link about trying to gain access to under the Temple rock? I know that is a serious issue of legalities....
Holy crap, what is with you people? You can't even be bothered to read the link before responding? Way to get the point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Raina wrote:
<quoted text>blah blah blah... It's as though you all are reading from a script.
That's a staggeringly hypocritical comment coming from the likes of you.
You're typically parroting a "script" written by a bunch of 2000 year old superstitious goat herders and you have the gall to accuse me of not being original?

Perhaps the reasons our responses look similar is because we all see the same logical fallacies in the arguments presented to us. Ever think of that?

No, probably not.

“pervinco per logica”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The scriptures show that if the masses were to all attempt to live righteously, and pray to end suffering, He would grant it. Show me one country that is united in the worship of Him, and I'll show you a country without suffering.
OR... logic shows that if the masses were to all attempt to live righteously, and not pray at all, suffering at the hands of others would be gone anyway. Prayer does nothing in your scenario, as is always the case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Your statement here is why I cannot believe in your god. This is just a massive excuse for god not doing what one would actually expect from a real god.
It is a sadistic concept that one must have massive suffering in order to be a good person or learn what one needs to learn.
I think their is massive suffering that is doing zero good for anyone. I guess if you are not the one suffering, it is easy for you to think the suffering was worth it somehow.
Tell that to the child who was hungry and or abused for his entire short life.
Sorry, but I cannot forgo my sense of justice.
So you are blaming God for a child being hungry? What about the child's family? They have no responsibility to feed the child?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min wtf 149,882
Charmaine Partin 3 hr momo 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr very 26,227
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 5 hr California Condor 3
Churches 6 hr IronHammer 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 10 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 10 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 11 hr cant wait 16

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••