Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,879)

Showing posts 97,561 - 97,580 of128,021
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>How ya gonna keep the thing from melting?
Why would it Melt?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all.
I'm religious and can study them. Does that mean I'm a superhero?
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it Melt?
Very hot in hell!
Oxesandstuff

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Go Mr GS!!!!!!!!!!

YeehAw-ENOUGH LINEAGE, BREADTH and wIDTH!!

Verrry cool lol-may the Pegasus Gods be with you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
I didn't make the claim, doofus. Why can't you differentiate between when people asserting a claim concerning something and when another person questions the validity of that claim?

I would answer your question anyway, but it was stupid. Do you seriously think that it's sound in any way? If you can't figure out how evolution differs from the others (especially in the context of determinations made only on evidence, which is where my question was brought up), you have no business discussing any of it, and definitely have no business mentioning them when trying to play gotcha with somebody who didn't even make a claim. Think before you type.
ChromiuMan wrote, "<quoted text>
That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all."

Please don't lend the poorly thought out diversion any credibility by attempting to respond. There have been a multitude of properly thought out questions sent that way that have been ignored or "answered" with scripture and accompanied by ranting, so nobody on the side of sanity should feel obligated to respond to crap like this.
Claim or not, you made an argument that someone couldn't think for themselves because they follow a particular religion. I made the same argument to you to show you that you learned things that were previously learned by others and taught to you. So by your logic, you can't think for yourself either.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, I'm Old and Retired and have plenty of time to poke the delusional with the proverbial stick...
Well,poke this with your proverbial stick;
Quantummist wrote
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy....
I totally agree,If those who do not believe in God, are convinced in their minds that God does not exist,why ask him to do anything?
Why even discuss the topic? Does not make sense to me,since it would seem a waste of time.
Yet,Atheists,keep addressing that which their mind tells them,they should not believe
If I am convinced,in my mind,that something does not exist,I do not waste my time debating that topic,What would be the point?
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?
Why would my mind tell me X does not exist on the one hand and on the other hand,my mind insists on discussing that which it has told me does not exist.
What is my mind trying to tell me?
By the way,I found your response to Sunny day,to be very interesting
"You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either....
Something in that statement you wrote that really caught my attention.
Seems like there is a subliminal message in there...
Seems like your mind was trying to tell you something?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll say that if we are all the same person we are a Genius because in all the many posts we are able to post in character in each post with the each of the different We's remembering to use the proper syntax and verbiage for that character over a very long period of time.... We are simple Amazing keeping 5 or 6 characters with back stories and personalities going...
Or it could be your an idiot....
Oh my,such anger,such vitrol,such nonsense,all on account of this posting,,,,you gotta be kidding me
I believe you all have responded...You took it so SERIOUS,you responded twice.
Whwere I come from,anyone that responds twice to the same theme
is considered to be,one card short of a full deck

Funny thing going on here,,And it happens frequently.
Chromiuman,Quantum mist,Ummmm,lol in a suit and Spektakal Spektakals all posting at the same time,when one would assume they'd be at work.
How is it,that they all appear on topix at the same time......
I ask the question,could it be one person with 5 nicknames? OR is it a coincidence that they can easily explain,using their fallacious logic?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>Very hot in hell!
It is Not, It's shiver cold in Hell... Maybe in a month or so but at the moment you have to wear a coat ...

I have been to Hell and back many. times and this time of years it's cold.... And you guys give it such a bad rap when it's a really nice place.. they have a really cool bar and general store... And you can get one of the best hamburgers around, along with a cold beer and fries ... I will say the fries are a bit well done for me.... You folks should stop all the bad publicity for the place, they have a great bike rally every year called "To Hell and Back Bike Rally" and it's a hoot....

http://goo.gl/maps/tLNu0

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,poke this with your proverbial stick;
Quantummist wrote
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy....
I totally agree,If those who do not believe in God, are convinced in their minds that God does not exist,why ask him to do anything?
Why even discuss the topic? Does not make sense to me,since it would seem a waste of time.
Yet,Atheists,keep addressing that which their mind tells them,they should not believe
If I am convinced,in my mind,that something does not exist,I do not waste my time debating that topic,What would be the point?
Why would my mind tell me X does not exist on the one hand and on the other hand,my mind insists on discussing that which it has told me does not exist.
What is my mind trying to tell me?
By the way,I found your response to Sunny day,to be very interesting
"You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either....
Something in that statement you wrote that really caught my attention.
Seems like there is a subliminal message in there...
Seems like your mind was trying to tell you something?
No... Some of us enjoy the banter and the comedic relief of poking the delusional ....

And for the "You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either...." No, I was very aware of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.... Only a delusional mind would read into it other than what it states because I am not the one praying for anyone to die, I'm Pro Life to the Max....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my,such anger,such vitrol,such nonsense,all on account of this posting,,,,you gotta be kidding me
I believe you all have responded...You took it so SERIOUS,you responded twice.
Whwere I come from,anyone that responds twice to the same theme
is considered to be,one card short of a full deck
Funny thing going on here,,And it happens frequently.
Chromiuman,Quantum mist,Ummmm,lol in a suit and Spektakal Spektakals all posting at the same time,when one would assume they'd be at work.
How is it,that they all appear on topix at the same time......
I ask the question,could it be one person with 5 nicknames? OR is it a coincidence that they can easily explain,using their fallacious logic?
Say Whut? Vitriol, Me? Never.. Have you looked into getting evaluation for T.S.T.K.H.S.T.A. disorder? You seem to be showing the early symptoms... If caught earlier it can be treated but if you wait until it metastasizes into Late Stage it's considered terminal....

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Claim or not, you made an argument that someone couldn't think for themselves because they follow a particular religion. I made the same argument to you to show you that you learned things that were previously learned by others and taught to you. So by your logic, you can't think for yourself either.
FFS idiot, I know exactly what you were trying to do. Why do you assume my density is in any way similar to yours? Annoying.

It's also terribly annoying to have to deconstruct all of your strawmen. But I'll break it down for you again.

"you made an argument that someone couldn't think for themselves because they follow a particular religion."
No. I asked the question HOW could they come to the conclusion that they so thoroughly believe without the thoughts of others. And I further specified that I was looking for the progression from evidence/analysis to the specific conclusion drawn.

Since we're having to discuss this, I'll assume that you aren't objective enough to get how everything you said is invalid and not remotely the same thing. Here is the difference:
Essentially every bit of evidence available at the time that the theory of evolution was produced, and in fact orders of magnitude MORE evidence, is available today. And if 'On the Origin of Species' had never been written, any person COULD look at this evidence today and come to the same conclusion. And every logical/skeptical person already HAS looked at a vast amount of evidence and come to their own conclusion before accepting the theory.

"I made the same argument to you to show you that you learned things that were previously learned by others and taught to you."

But you didn't make the same argument. Not at all.

"So by your logic, you can't think for yourself either."

No. By applying your broken understanding of what logic is to 1/3 of my statement, you determined that I'm stupid enough to say that nobody can think for themselves if another has ever come to the same conclusion based on the same set of evidence. That's not "my logic". Good grief. Take of the blinders and quit acting like I have to make flawed arguments to win.

It was, and is, completely sound and there is good reason that the monkey hasn't answered me yet. He'd have to be abysmally stupid to not see the embarrassment he'd be walking into by honestly answering. You people at least have the common sense to dodge the real questions and spew scripture and prophesy. I mean, if I were intellectually dishonest and had completely unjustified positions, I'm sure I'd do the same thing to keep from looking bad to my target audience.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Look at the topic title, mouth breather. If there weren't a bunch of illiterate monkeys trying to shove disgusting lies down the throats of children and completely destroy their ability to think, NOBODY WOULD CARE. Unfortunately for our entire species, though, that is exactly what is happening. And I feel obligated in some way to stop the spread of this stupidity until, at some point, it stops trying to spread itself.
And to be clear, I'm not speaking of your God, your religion, your whatever. I'm talking about how and where you're shoving it.
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No... Some of us enjoy the banter and the comedic relief of poking the delusional ....
And for the "You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either...." No, I was very aware of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.... Only a delusional mind would read into it other than what it states because I am not the one praying for anyone to die, I'm Pro Life to the Max....
Yet you read it wrong HaHa!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm religious and can study them. Does that mean I'm a superhero?
In depth?
I shouldn't have to point out that many does not mean all, and yes, you "can" study them, just as religion is an alternative choice.
Anyway, superhero is such a generic mundane term nowadays. In keeping with the biblical theme, maybe go with "a Latter Day Samson" or more science modern... maybe "Laser Day Saint?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>FFS idiot, I know exactly what you were trying to do. Why do you assume my density is in any way similar to yours? Annoying.

It's also terribly annoying to have to deconstruct all of your strawmen. But I'll break it down for you again.

"you made an argument that someone couldn't think for themselves because they follow a particular religion."
No. I asked the question HOW could they come to the conclusion that they so thoroughly believe without the thoughts of others. And I further specified that I was looking for the progression from evidence/analysis to the specific conclusion drawn.

Since we're having to discuss this, I'll assume that you aren't objective enough to get how everything you said is invalid and not remotely the same thing. Here is the difference:
Essentially every bit of evidence available at the time that the theory of evolution was produced, and in fact orders of magnitude MORE evidence, is available today. And if 'On the Origin of Species' had never been written, any person COULD look at this evidence today and come to the same conclusion. And every logical/skeptical person already HAS looked at a vast amount of evidence and come to their own conclusion before accepting the theory.

"I made the same argument to you to show you that you learned things that were previously learned by others and taught to you."

No. By applying your broken understanding of what logic is to 1/3 of my statement, you determined that I'm stupid enough to say that nobody can think for themselves if another has ever come to the same conclusion based on the same set of evidence. That's not "my logic". Good grief. Take of the blinders and quit acting like I have to make flawed arguments to win.

It was, and is, completely sound and there is good reason that the monkey hasn't answered me yet. He'd have to be abysmally stupid to not see the embarrassment he'd be walking into by honestly answering. You people at least have the common sense to dodge the real questions and spew scripture and prophesy. I mean, if I were intellectually dishonest and had completely unjustified positions, I'm sure I'd do the same thing to keep from looking bad to my target audience.
curious wrote, "<quoted text>
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?"

What? Look at the topic title, mouth breather. If there weren't a bunch of illiterate monkeys trying to shove disgusting lies down the throats of children and completely destroy their ability to think, NOBODY WOULD CARE. Unfortunately for our entire species, though, that is exactly what is happening. And I feel obligated in some way to stop the spread of this stupidity until, at some point, it stops trying to spread itself.
And to be clear, I'm not speaking of your God, your religion, your whatever. I'm talking about how and where you're shoving it.
No way dude. You can't talk your way out of this one. It is the same thing. So you're trying to change it to: one could look at all the evidence. But you don't get to have evidence either, unless you found it yourself. Otherwise, you are utilizing someone else's thoughts. You don't get to do math, because someone else thought up the numbers you use. You don't even get to type a response to me without using letters that someone else thought up.
Your argument was the straw man, I'm just using the same argument to prove to you that you utilize other people's thoughts constantly, but you still can think for yourself. So your trap for whoever you were talking to, is invalid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>In depth?
I shouldn't have to point out that many does not mean all, and yes, you "can" study them, just as religion is an alternative choice.
Anyway, superhero is such a generic mundane term nowadays. In keeping with the biblical theme, maybe go with "a Latter Day Samson" or more science modern... maybe "Laser Day Saint?"
Haha. I'll take it.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

James the Preacher at Atheist convention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>FFS idiot, I know exactly what you were trying to do. Why do you assume my density is in any way similar to yours? Annoying.

curious wrote, "<quoted text>
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?"

By the way, I don't know what FFS means, but calling me an idiot doesn't mean I didn't "getcha" on your own terms.

“pervinco per logica”

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No way dude. You can't talk your way out of this one. It is the same thing. So you're trying to change it to: one could look at all the evidence. But you don't get to have evidence either, unless you found it yourself. Otherwise, you are utilizing someone else's thoughts. You don't get to do math, because someone else thought up the numbers you use. You don't even get to type a response to me without using letters that someone else thought up.
Your argument was the straw man, I'm just using the same argument to prove to you that you utilize other people's thoughts constantly, but you still can think for yourself. So your trap for whoever you were talking to, is invalid.
So, you really think that evidence = thoughts? And you really think that's what a straw man is?

You're stupid. Seriously. Dude.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I could admit I'm wrong. But I think I'm right so I will continue my path until shown otherwise, same as you.
What evidence do you want? That God is real? That there is one true church? That Jesus was the Son of God? Which one?
Well evidence a god exists at all is a must if one is to even think of a "true church". Even then if evidence is slim to none about god, to claim one church is more true than another is just another claim that has zero basis in reason, logic, and certainly evidence.

I know Mormons make the claim often. Maybe more so than others, yet have no more evidence than any other church, which is zero.
Again, I cannot forgo my logic to have faith in such a zero evidence based concept.

You have simply proven to me yet again, their is zero evidence of a god.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can admit I may be wrong. I don't have all the answers. I'm sharing my beliefs.
Well, I believe that God does cause miracles, so if you require a different source, why would you ask me to provide it?
I am sharing what I believe or do not believe. I do not believe a god has ever caused a miracle. Funny thing is, you said god is not responsible for these miracles earlier. Are you again changing the claim? You jump back and forth on this claim so much, I wonder if you are just forgetting what you said earlier or are just confused of what the doctrine says on the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,561 - 97,580 of128,021
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min DITCH MITCH 144,957
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 12 min BIG_STEVIE 16,110
verna warren 1 hr would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 3 hr would like to know 1
looking for a mini pot belly pig 3 hr har 1
Huge yard sale 4 hr Tiff 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 16 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••