Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,079

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102108 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you could have developed the scientific method, or algebra, or evolution, or calculus without the thoughts of others?
That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#102109 May 2, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You use a crutch. You need it for some reason.
If you were a responsible, mature, sane adult, you would not need
an invisible friend.
Delusional people are often confident of their delusion.
Doesn't make them sane though.
Jesus may be a crutch... we do need Him!
You WILL wish you had Him too!
Insane not to know that!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#102110 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I know that?
I'm the guy that hired you,Sometimes I post on Topix,in order to evaluate our emplyees work.
You are doing a grrreeeaaaat job,keep the nonsense coming.
I believe SP quit,Haven't heard from him lately.
Well,good riddance to bad rubbish
Mind your 9th commandment, "Christian."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#102111 May 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus may be a crutch... we do need Him!
You WILL wish you had Him too!
Insane not to know that!
Speaking of the insane, Hey YaA... would you care to try to dispel those conspiracy illusions yer buddy curious is suffering from?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102112 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you could have developed the scientific method, or algebra, or evolution, or calculus without the thoughts of others?
I didn't make the claim, doofus. Why can't you differentiate between when people asserting a claim concerning something and when another person questions the validity of that claim?

I would answer your question anyway, but it was stupid. Do you seriously think that it's sound in any way? If you can't figure out how evolution differs from the others (especially in the context of determinations made only on evidence, which is where my question was brought up), you have no business discussing any of it, and definitely have no business mentioning them when trying to play gotcha with somebody who didn't even make a claim. Think before you type.
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all.
Please don't lend the poorly thought out diversion any credibility by attempting to respond. There have been a multitude of properly thought out questions sent that way that have been ignored or "answered" with scripture and accompanied by ranting, so nobody on the side of sanity should feel obligated to respond to crap like this.
Quanty

Winchester, KY

#102113 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'm Old...
The first time you've told the truth on here...

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102114 May 2, 2013
Quanty wrote:
<quoted text>
The first time you've told the truth on here...
Heed the 9th, sheep.
LOL in a suit

Winchester, KY

#102115 May 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Resorting to name calling means your argument is weak and you lack debating skills.
Remember.......

“See how you are?”

Earth

#102116 May 2, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Heed the 9th, sheep.
We keep forgetting that Jesus repealed/fulfilled the covenant. I guess that means that only pagans and heathens have to mind the OT laws now, since Christians have their own "Special" (wink, wink) pact with God. Come to think of it, they act like pagans and heathens are the only ones who have to mind the NT, too.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#102117 May 2, 2013
Not LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Resorting to name calling means your argument is weak and you lack debating skills.
Remember.......
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, sometimes a name is just a description, Troll.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102118 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, and I thought they were asking about my (own) theory on rocks.
Of course, it has evolved some too lol.
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102119 May 2, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now I've gone and done it.
Good news everyone, the afterlife has a decent broadband connection. So, I'll be able to continue posting to Topix from beyond....
How ya gonna keep the thing from melting?
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102120 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me, I'm Old and Retired and have plenty of time to poke the delusional with the proverbial stick...
lol
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102121 May 2, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you've already established that you don't believe in coincidences and apparently events that happen within an hour equate to "at the same time" to you.
Hell, your entire system of faith is based on a woman calling you "around 9am" once.
I can't speak for the others that you've accused, but I am at work.
Stealing company time huh? That's nice.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102122 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
Funny thing going on here,,And it happens frequently.
Chromiuman,Quantum mist,Ummmm,lol in a suit and Spektakal Spektakals all posting at the same time,when one would assume they'd be at work.
How is it,that they all appear on topix at the same time......
I ask the question,could it be one person with 5 nicknames? OR is it a coincidence that they can easily explain,using their fallacious logic?
Well I'll say that if we are all the same person we are a Genius because in all the many posts we are able to post in character in each post with the each of the different We's remembering to use the proper syntax and verbiage for that character over a very long period of time.... We are simple Amazing keeping 5 or 6 characters with back stories and personalities going...

Or it could be your an idiot....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#102123 May 2, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>How ya gonna keep the thing from melting?
Why would it Melt?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102124 May 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all.
I'm religious and can study them. Does that mean I'm a superhero?
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102125 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it Melt?
Very hot in hell!
Oxesandstuff

London, KY

#102126 May 2, 2013
Go Mr GS!!!!!!!!!!

YeehAw-ENOUGH LINEAGE, BREADTH and wIDTH!!

Verrry cool lol-may the Pegasus Gods be with you!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102127 May 2, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
I didn't make the claim, doofus. Why can't you differentiate between when people asserting a claim concerning something and when another person questions the validity of that claim?

I would answer your question anyway, but it was stupid. Do you seriously think that it's sound in any way? If you can't figure out how evolution differs from the others (especially in the context of determinations made only on evidence, which is where my question was brought up), you have no business discussing any of it, and definitely have no business mentioning them when trying to play gotcha with somebody who didn't even make a claim. Think before you type.
ChromiuMan wrote, "<quoted text>
That would be exceedingly difficult. Just studying those topics in depth is no mean feat. Perhaps that's why so many have found it appealing and so much easier just to be religious and have no thoughts at all."

Please don't lend the poorly thought out diversion any credibility by attempting to respond. There have been a multitude of properly thought out questions sent that way that have been ignored or "answered" with scripture and accompanied by ranting, so nobody on the side of sanity should feel obligated to respond to crap like this.
Claim or not, you made an argument that someone couldn't think for themselves because they follow a particular religion. I made the same argument to you to show you that you learned things that were previously learned by others and taught to you. So by your logic, you can't think for yourself either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Another Vet 5,840
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Uncle Tab 154,308
Randy Hurst 13 min cac 1
Movie Theater 21 min Anonymous 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 28 min BIG_STEVIE 16,170
Jm Hall has done nothing for knox county 1 hr Curious Georgia 19
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 1 hr curious 16
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 7 hr gator 26
kC principal injured 20 hr what happened 9
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search