Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,437

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#102160 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you that I have received a testimony that Jesus is the Son of God. This is contrary to Muslim teaching. Therefore I can conclude that it is not the full truth that I seek.
Evidence is all around you. To me it is sad that people believe that the complexities of the galaxy, or even the human body, or any creature, happened by chance with no intervention from a superior creator.
For you to reject this, and demean others that have found faith, this to me is a recipe for pride that blinds you from finding God.
The fact zero evidence exists of a god creating any of the things you listed is why I do not believe a creator must have created them. First it stands to reason the creator must need a creator if a creator is needed for what you listed. It is sad you think a god needs no creator. It is sad that you automatically assume magic is the answer. It is sad you expect me to think magic was the only way it could exist.
I have never seen magic in the sense it is anything other than a trick or illusion. So why would I think tricks or illusions create the things you listed?
Most scientists do not believe it takes magic to create these things and they study this stuff in ways that boggle the mind.

And what is this "testimony"? Sounds again like thoughts in your head. Now call that demeaning if you will, but I am not going to sugar coat this debate to spare your ego.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102161 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not showing you doctor's statements from this. I will not reveal my mother n law's identity. Sorry
Where is this lacking logic?
Oh, well you cannot show evidence, how convenient. Sorry, but I do not take outrageous claims as truth without evidence. I know you do, but we are very different people.
Some claim a man rose from the dead after three days. Why should I accept this outrageous claim with zero evidence?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102162 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No... Some of us enjoy the banter and the comedic relief of poking the delusional ....
And for the "You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either...." No, I was very aware of what my mind was saying and there was nothing subliminal about it.... Only a delusional mind would read into it other than what it states because I am not the one praying for anyone to die, I'm Pro Life to the Max....
I did not say that you were the one praying for any one to die.
In your statement,you said
"You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either ,Thereby,implying that there is someone else He does not want anything to do with,other than,SD.
The other,would have to mean,those who disagree with SD, those being non believers or Atheists.
My understanding of what you posted,suggests to me that,you do not believe it is God's will to take the life of those who do not believe in him and that is why you believe God does not want anything to do with SD either,due to SD"S wish that they should die.
The either part,I understand to mean that,you believe that,although God doesn't want anything to do with Unbelievers or SD either,he does not believe unbelievers should be punished by death due to their disagreement with SD"s beliefs.

If I understood you correctly,then, what is the basis for your stating that God does not want anything to do with SD either.....and does your statement mean that God wants nothing to do with Atheists either.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102163 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you just think I'm crazy, then maybe we should end this exchange?
Just because I think you believe crazy stuff does not mean I think you are crazy. I think you are just as billions of normal people on this planet. A person who follows the gods their parents taught them.
I have little doubt your parents were Hindu or Muslim. Just as 80% of all humans follow the general religious beliefs of their parents.
I do not think this is due to some holy ghost telling them the beliefs of the parents, I think this is due to humans following what parents teach them on an average percentage basis.
It only follows logically humans follow the teachings of the parents in order for us to learn basic survival skills. The religious beliefs just follow the same rules of the mind.

I only joined the Mormon church due to my family and what they convinced me of. It is only instinctive to believe your parents to a certain degree. So if they tell you it is the only true church, you tend to believe it. It is a crazy concept, but not so crazy that we pass these concepts down to our children and they do so to their children and so on.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102164 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what 1850 was like in America?
Did Brigham's racist policy stop in 1850? Nope, so what is your point?
I know some people were not as racist as Brigham in 1850. Thus it stands to reason your prophet was not on the side of right and others were. Yet you and your peers seem to think Brigham was in touch with god more so than anyone. This has no logic. If he was truly in touch with god, I think god would have filled him in about his racist attitude being immoral. Evidently Brigham was clueless about its immorality. In fact he thought being racist was to be more moral. Sorry, but this proves to me he is not a prophet.
For some reason you cannot understand my reasoning. I do not think I am being unreasonable to suggest Brigham may have been a false prophet for these reasons.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102165 May 2, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be how you view your Bible, but for others, it's a book that contains LOTS of words of true wisdom...and some interesting geographical descriptions and historical references, even to people like Simcha Jacobovici. Now there's some interesting and worthy telebision.
Spiderman teaches better morals, is more recent and we know New York is real ... so based on your own assertion, Spiderman should be worshiped.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#102166 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't there. There is nothing you can explain to me. There is nothing you can educate me on here. It wasn't like we went to a general practitioner. We went to one of the best cancer doctors west of the Mississippi.
You are still ignoring reality so you can continue to live in your delusion. You are correct, I am ill-equipped to educate someone as delusional as you are.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102167 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying that allowing marriage for gays will help them become more monogamous. I am pointing out that this is NOT the case for heterosexuals.
Today we see more people abstaining from marriage, waiting way longer to get married, having children out of wedlock, and the highest divorce rates ever.
I point this out to ask you if you really think the trend will be any different with gays?
I see nothing on your list that shows people that are married are less monogamous than none married people. A divorced person is not married, so how is divorce relevant here? If someone abstains from getting married, how is this relevant?

I am showing marriage is a tool to monogamy. Keep it from some people at the peril of society.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102168 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The only two stories I've ever heard was someone had sex with a monkey (which I doubt) and that someone was doing tests with monkeys and got injured and somehow swapped blood with a primate. Either way, man is to blame.
It sounds like you aren't accepting the answer that God does not intervene in all things.
So god does not intervene in all things? Well it looks like he is not intervening at all. He is not intervening to stop massive suffering of millions. He can fix one kids ear, but fails to stop the real massive suffering?
Sorry, but my logic meter is going crazy now. Your story just fails to show justice. It fails to show fairness. The sort of traits we look at here on earth as good traits, your god seems not not have.
Should I forgo my understanding of good and bad to justify gods lack of help?
You seem to keep expecting me to forgo logic, and expect me to blindly accept this claimed god has some reasons that humans cannot relate to. Sorry, but that is code for someone to forgo logic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102169 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
2 things
First, God does not intervene on everything that happens on earth. I've talked about this already. All sorts of differ t reasons why. But if we ask in prayer with faith, He does answer. Sometimes the answer is no. This we don't know. But it seems we, or someone else usually learns something or becomes stronger. And many times someone goes through a trial to give us the chance to help them.
Second, His time is different than ours. Suffering here is extremely temporary on His timeline. The plan is for us to return to Him. If that happens because of negligence on someone else's part for not helping, it isn't that person's fault.
As far as punishment, that isn't for me to decide. But think about it this way, if you created beings, they deny you and talk crap about you, you wouldn't be upset, or sad?
I think of Bill Cosby: I brought you in this world, and I'll take you out
Your statement here is why I cannot believe in your god. This is just a massive excuse for god not doing what one would actually expect from a real god.
It is a sadistic concept that one must have massive suffering in order to be a good person or learn what one needs to learn.
I think their is massive suffering that is doing zero good for anyone. I guess if you are not the one suffering, it is easy for you to think the suffering was worth it somehow.
Tell that to the child who was hungry and or abused for his entire short life.
Sorry, but I cannot forgo my sense of justice.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102170 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If we truly seek, we will find.
If you spend your time looking for proof, you will waste your time. If you spend your time talking to God and following His direction, you can know He is real, and that He loves you and cares about you.
If we truly seek Zeus, we will find.
If you spend your time looking for proof of Zeus, you will waste your time. If you spend your time talking to Zeus and following His direction, you can know Zeus is real, and that Zeus loves you and cares about you.

Now can you understand why this seems silly to me?

First, I already know this propaganda. I once drank this cool aid. What I once thought was a god making me feel things, I now understand was just feelings of what I thought were true.
I now understand how our brain causes feelings. I understand our thoughts can cause physical reactions in our bodies. The brain is a powerful thing. If it did not have this power, we would not be what we are,(humans). Even animal brains cause physical reactions. Their is no mystery here. Maybe their is one to you, but you have shown a large disdain for science, so I can understand you likely do not know how the brain works.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#102171 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I thing God does follow logic, but not our version of it. Your comment represents a lack of humility in that there could be a creator, one greater than you, and that is the equivalent of pride in this situation.
And no I have no faith in Zeus, and after studying Islam, I have no faith in their beliefs.
Did you follow the ways of Zeus?
And your statements show you do not have the humility to think their might not be a creator.
After studying Christianity, I have no faith in their beliefs, but for some reason, you tell me I must do more than just study the religion.
Just showing the double standards.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102172 May 2, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence is not thought. Evidence simply is. I could go out and dig up bones if I chose to. I'm not kidding... you are either stupid or dishonest to keep acting like they are the same, much less in any way related.

I didn't "accuse" anything. Quit being a liar. I asked questions to point out how another person was making false claims, they refused to provide an answer because they knew they would be demonstrating that they lied. "Pot calling the kettle black" does not apply in ANY way here, because the entire point of what I posted was to get that person to demonstrate that they were lying. I am not lying about anything.

And of course I brought up strawman, because it's what you do every time you mischaracterize my statements. I also used the term correctly. You have yet to do so, and it makes you look stupid to people who know what logic is. I guess it's a good thing for you that nobody here who doesn't already disagree with you would fit that bill.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
We don't sit around thinking about evidence for the existence of God. We already accepted that or we wouldn't be believers. "

So you already accepted the existence of God based on faith (and therefore evidence is not required), or you already accepted that there was sufficient evidence to state that God exists?
Mike Duquette wrote, "<quoted text>
I think the lack of doubt is a big problem. "

The Bible tells you not to doubt!(James 1:6, Romans 14:23, etc.) Duh!

I'm beginning to think that there is literally no way to have an actual debate here. I held out hope for a couple, but that has pretty much passed now.
Evidence is useless without thought. Someone else did the work for you on evolution. My point was, you are using someone else's previous thoughts to even mention evolution. Without it, you'd just do your everyday thing oblivious that there was such a thing. I say this because I know you aren't a scientist, or actively engaged in developing or testing scientific theories. But evolution wasn't the only thing I mentioned. You keep typing responses, so you are utilizing someone else's 26 letter alphabet to call me names that you didn't coin.
My point still stands that you did try to trap someone with not being able to think for themselves because they use someone else's thoughts, when you do the same.
And the funny thing is, I don't even care. I just wanted to point out that you have flaws too. It's obvious that it gets under your skin that you walked into one. Calling me stupid or a liar doesn't change that I was right. You might be able to fool a few readers, but everyone else sees it now too. Haha

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102173 May 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The Jews believe Jesus was no god due to the fact he died, period. Thus it stands to reason the scriptures never predicted the death you speak of. Can you show the specific scripture?
I thought you said you read the Bible?

Read Psalm 22
Proverbs 14:32
Isaiah 53
Those quickly come to mind

The OT also predicted His life and resurrection.

Isaiah also prophesied of Joseph Smith and the restoration as a side note.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102174 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is useless without thought.
True. Which is why I supply the thought.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone else did the work for you on evolution.
They didn't think up the evidence. The evidence is there. It exists. It is real. It can be analyzed by any individual.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was, you are using someone else's previous thoughts to even mention evolution.
Then you don't have a point. Really. You are trying to equate an evidence based theory with a non-evidence based religion, as if people who find each to be true are committing the same fallacies. F&#king stupid.
It's nothing more than an idiotic misdirection from the thing you imbeciles simply will not admit:
There is NO logical basis for your beliefs. There is NO thought that goes into your beliefs. You were told what to believe and you did it. You did not examine the evidence that your church used to justify the beliefs because there was NONE.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Without it, you'd just do your everyday thing oblivious that there was such a thing.
No, idiot. Just because YOU would do that doesn't mean I would.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I say this because I know you aren't a scientist, or actively engaged in developing or testing scientific theories.
You don't know sh!t, and you have zero basis for saying something so stupid. Much like the other things you say. I guess that's just your modus operandi.

To be clear, I do more science on a daily basis than you have done in your life... because your words have made it quite apparent that you don't even slightly understand science. I also actually improve the lives of other people without shoving the Book of Mormon down their throat.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
But evolution wasn't the only thing I mentioned. You keep typing responses, so you are utilizing someone else's 26 letter alphabet to call me names that you didn't coin.
And I already told you that you're stupid for grouping those things. Apply the brain, idiot.

And do you really think all of this sh!t you're writing is clever? Do you think that it makes any sense? Do you think that you're demonstrating that anyone other than you is wrong?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My point still stands that you did try to trap someone with not being able to think for themselves because they use someone else's thoughts, when you do the same.
No, idiot. No. I succeeded in demonstrating that they were lying. Just as you continue to lie. I never made ANY statement to that person concerning what I do or do not do. I only addressed their claim.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And the funny thing is, I don't even care. I just wanted to point out that you have flaws too. It's obvious that it gets under your skin that you walked into one. Calling me stupid or a liar doesn't change that I was right. You might be able to fool a few readers, but everyone else sees it now too. Haha
If you don't care, why do you keep wandering onto the battlefield and tripping around like a drunken idiot?
It doesn't matter what you WANTED to do. I may have wanted to win the lottery this week, but I failed just as hard at that as you have in your endeavors here.
I have many flaws. And I am quite aware of them. Being inconsistent and illogical is NOT on the list. Do you really think I'm dumb enough to allow a wart like you to point out anything that I'm not intentionally putting out there?

That's rhetorical. I don't care what you think, because you're a stupid person that believes stupid things for stupid reasons. You are utterly deficient in objectivity, logic, skepticism, and pretty much any other trait that is known to improve the human race (amazingly enough, being nice at church is not on the list). And me saying that doesn't change reality... because the words are merely a reflection of it.

Haha
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

#102175 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is useless without thought. Someone else did the work for you on evolution. My point was, you are using someone else's previous thoughts to even mention evolution. Without it, you'd just do your everyday thing oblivious that there was such a thing. I say this because I know you aren't a scientist, or actively engaged in developing or testing scientific theories. But evolution wasn't the only thing I mentioned. You keep typing responses, so you are utilizing someone else's 26 letter alphabet to call me names that you didn't coin.
Amen! He has not yet considered, let alone resolved to the fact that he is the one people think is stupid. Not necessarily because he IS stupid but because he has never learned how to live among normal people. Because he habitually refers to people as stupid idiots and liars he somehow believes that it makes it fact. He has truly esteemed himself higher than the rest. Not so unlike Lucifer. Head knowledge but no heart?.. Fail.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#102176 May 2, 2013
Misty Morn wrote:
<quoted text>Amen! He has not yet considered, let alone resolved to the fact that he is the one people think is stupid. Not necessarily because he IS stupid but because he has never learned how to live among normal people. Because he habitually refers to people as stupid idiots and liars he somehow believes that it makes it fact. He has truly esteemed himself higher than the rest. Not so unlike Lucifer. Head knowledge but no heart?.. Fail.
Political Correctness is getting way out of hand, Now we not suppose to call stupid people stupid or idiots? How about Intellectually Deficient? But you are correct, saying over and over in a dozen paragraphs does not make it fact.... But reading one post by the Intellectually Deficient does provide sufficient Evidence...
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

#102177 May 2, 2013
@ Do whut. Just look up and thank the Almighty God you are not him. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for anything this world has to offer. No amount of being right is worth the point he has come to in his life. Demonic comes to mind. Either that or he is just the meanest man on earth.
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

#102178 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Political Correctness is getting way out of hand, Now we not suppose to call stupid people stupid or idiots? How about Intellectually Deficient? But you are correct, saying over and over in a dozen paragraphs does not make it fact.... But reading one post by the Intellectually Deficient does provide sufficient Evidence...
You are quite correct. I knew that to be true the first time I read one of your posts.
Misty Morn

Monticello, KY

#102179 May 2, 2013
Go to bed old man, you need some beauty sleep. Get up on the other side of the bed in the morning. Nite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
don't buy Mitchell's chilli 14 min court jester 1
is jackson manor apartments good place to live? 2 hr truth teller 1
I need the best car accident lawyer in town 4 hr Peter Simmons 9
No more old way cafe!!! 4 hr oldwaycafehasrats 8
has anyone found a male fox hound with a red co... 4 hr Hunter 7
Ashley warren is fat 4 hr Homer 6
Jackie Boles (Oct '13) 4 hr Gi gi 6
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 16 appleannie46 47
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:33 pm PST

ESPN 1:33PM
Titans TE Walker practices; still not cleared