Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,619

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102078 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy.... And since from the sounds of it you have asked your invisible guy to do so and he, and I, are still here must mean you don't have an inside track either... I can just feel the godly love just pouring from you in this post.... Maybe that's why we are still here responding to you.... You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either.... With your attitude I would say you have a reserved seat in that Hell place I keep hearing about....
Take the challenge! Beg the non existing God to take back the breath he breathed into your body. I'm being very rational. It is just time for you people to realize what thin ice you are standing on. That's the only defense you people have is our offense. I have never prayed for anyone to die. That is your words not mine. I just simply said if you people don't want anything to do with God then tell Him to take His breath of life back. See how long you make it. You cannot have it both ways. You're either thankful for life or not. God gives life. I'm not saying anything because of those who disagree with me, I'm telling you that you cannot live without God. Life and death are in His hands. Neither is it attitude, it is fact. You people don't like strong defenders of the Faith do you? You want a weak and meek natured person to spit on. You want a door mat to wipe your nasty feet on. It makes it easier to spew your venom and feel all superior in your ignorance.. I wear snake guards at all times and carry anti-venom in my pocket. You love those people that you can call "Bible thumpers" and "fundies" and they crumble when you speak. Right? FYI, God will judge me harsher if I fail to stand against the likes of these people.
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102079 May 2, 2013
Jesus said he did not come to bring peace but a sword.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102080 May 2, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>Take the challenge! Beg the non existing God to take back the breath he breathed into your body. I'm being very rational. It is just time for you people to realize what thin ice you are standing on. That's the only defense you people have is our offense. I have never prayed for anyone to die. That is your words not mine. I just simply said if you people don't want anything to do with God then tell Him to take His breath of life back. See how long you make it. You cannot have it both ways. You're either thankful for life or not. God gives life. I'm not saying anything because of those who disagree with me, I'm telling you that you cannot live without God. Life and death are in His hands. Neither is it attitude, it is fact. You people don't like strong defenders of the Faith do you? You want a weak and meek natured person to spit on. You want a door mat to wipe your nasty feet on. It makes it easier to spew your venom and feel all superior in your ignorance.. I wear snake guards at all times and carry anti-venom in my pocket. You love those people that you can call "Bible thumpers" and "fundies" and they crumble when you speak. Right? FYI, God will judge me harsher if I fail to stand against the likes of these people.
Is there a particular ritual/ceremony involved? Or will simply challenging your god suffice?

I, Skeptical Spectacles, challenge you, Sunny Day's god, to take my breath away permanently in the next 15 minutes.

How's that?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102082 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,RustedChromeman,
Seems that your inflexible mind is not able to come up with an original thought,,,,,So CUTNPASTING some one elses has to suffice.
Obviously,you have not LEARNED anything
A wise man can learn more from a fools question,than a fool can learn from a wise answer
LOL! Hey, I credited you for the quote, didn't I? I find a wise use for a fool's statement and get lambasted for it. Damn, can't win fer losin', huh?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102084 May 2, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>You love those people that you can call "Bible thumpers" and "fundies" and they crumble when you speak. Right? FYI, God will judge me harsher if I fail to stand against the likes of these people.
Everything you say crumbles under the weight as well, because you have no better argument. Being too stupid to realize what has happened isn't evidence that you're still standing.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102087 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy.... And since from the sounds of it you have asked your invisible guy to do so and he, and I, are still here must mean you don't have an inside track either... I can just feel the godly love just pouring from you in this post.... Maybe that's why we are still here responding to you.... You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either.... With your attitude I would say you have a reserved seat in that Hell place I keep hearing about....
Quantummist
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy....
I totally agree,If those who do not believe in God, are convinced in their minds that God does not exist,why ask him to do anything?
Why even discuss the topic? Does not make sense to me,since it would seem a waste of time.
Yet,Atheists,keep addressing that in which they do not believe.
If I am convinced,in my mind,that something does not exist,I do not waste my time debating that topic,What would be the point?
What would I be hoping to accomplish,what would I be searching for?
Why would my mind tell me X does not exist on the one hand and on the other hand,my mind insists on discussing that which it has told me does not exist.
What is my mind trying to tell me?
By the way,I found your response to Sunny day,to be very interesting
"You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either....
Something in that statement you wrote that really caught my attention.
Seems like there is a hidden message in there...
Seems like your mind was trying to tell you something?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102088 May 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Hey, I credited you for the quote, didn't I? I find a wise use for a fool's statement and get lambasted for it. Damn, can't win fer losin', huh?
No,you can not win for losing,As I have learned more form your foolish questions,than you have learned from my wise answers.

You have learned nothing other than to CUTNPASTE my wise answers
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102089 May 2, 2013
Funny thing going on here,,And it happens frequently.
Chromiuman,Quantum mist,Ummmm,lol in a suit and Spektakal Spektakals all posting at the same time,when one would assume they'd be at work.
How is it,that they all appear on topix at the same time......
I ask the question,could it be one person with 5 nicknames? OR is it a coincidence that they can easily explain,using their fallacious logic?
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102090 May 2, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't those contradictory terms? How can something be both too broad and too compartmentalized?
Well, we could for example, say it's like putting a (one) 2x4x12, into a storage container holding 10 slats of 2.5x4.5x24 compartments. Too broad and compartmentalized.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#102091 May 2, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. If you "think for yourself", explain to me how you came to the conclusion that God exists WITHOUT utilizing the thoughts of others. Explain how you went from evidence that you observed and analyzed to the conclusion that there is a specific God of the specific nature you describe.
<quoted text>

I have NOT come to the conclusion that no God exists. Not at all. WTH are you talking about?
You're a 1 as well. If you are not, simply tell me which other number you are. Why are you monkeys so afraid to just admit what you believe?
<quoted text>
Nope, I am not. That's just YOUR opinion.
Oh, what a well thought out justification. I'm glad that you clearly support Fred Phelps.
<quoted text>
WHO?
Now that's comedy. Do you not realize how hypocritical it is of you to accuse anyone here of committing a logical fallacy? I mean, really. You're guilty of almost every one that I know of. Many, dozens of times.
I have no idea what you are babbling about there. None whatsoever.

“pervinco per logica”

#102092 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You have learned nothing other than to CUTNPASTE my wise answers
I love when Christians demonstrate their true humility. Good thing the Bible doesn't say anything about acting the way you consistently act, right?

Location hidden

#102093 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I, Skeptical Spectacles, challenge you, Sunny Day's god, to take my breath away permanently in the next 15 minutes.
How's that?
Well, now I've gone and done it.
Good news everyone, the afterlife has a decent broadband connection. So, I'll be able to continue posting to Topix from beyond....

Location hidden

#102094 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
Chromiuman,Quantum mist,Ummmm,lol in a suit and Spektakal Spektakals all posting at the same time,when one would assume they'd be at work.
I ask the question,could it be one person with 5 nicknames? OR is it a coincidence that they can easily explain,using their fallacious logic?
Well, you've already established that you don't believe in coincidences and apparently events that happen within an hour equate to "at the same time" to you.
Hell, your entire system of faith is based on a woman calling you "around 9am" once.

I can't speak for the others that you've accused, but I am at work.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102095 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, you've already established that you don't believe in coincidences and apparently events that happen within an hour equate to "at the same time" to you.
Hell, your entire system of faith is based on a woman calling you "around 9am" once.
I can't speak for the others that you've accused, but I am at work.
Well,if you are at work,doing your job,that means that you get paid to post nonsense on Topix.
What are the qualifications for that Job? High School dropout or mental asylum resident?
Katy

Somerset, KY

#102096 May 2, 2013
I don't know where you got your info but the boys are celebrating. I don't know of one boy now or in the past that liked playing for him. The only reason any would have thought about leaving was because they were going to have to out up with a no coach another year.

Location hidden

#102097 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,if you are at work,doing your job,that means that you get paid to post nonsense on Topix.
What are the qualifications for that Job? High School dropout or mental asylum resident?
Yes, both. My job requires that I be both a mental asylum resident and a high school dropout. How did you know that?

Location hidden

#102098 May 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thanks again for reminding me I am nothing like you

“pervinco per logica”

#102099 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
It could indeed be a person with 5 nicknames. There is nothing that proves that it absolutely could NOT be so.

But that belief would require a person to have sufficient technical skill to be logged into them at the same time, have good enough awareness to keep a consistent writer's voice across each of these individual names, have the 100+ word per minute typing speed that would be required to enter their posts in the chronology that can be seen here, and have an encyclopedic memory concerning the previous things they've stated under each given name. This would be one amazing individual. It would indeed be miraculous to be able to do such things.

Or, as a much more likely hypothesis, we could simply say that they are 5 unique individuals who are posting in opposition to insanity.

Funny how the choice is obvious to me about whether to pick the one that is over-complex, contrived, ridiculously improbable, and essentially requiring superhuman abilities OR the one that requires only normal people doing normal things, yet you rant and rave about the first being true. Many parallels to draw there, no?

Location hidden

#102100 May 2, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
BS. If you "think for yourself", explain to me how you came to the conclusion that God exists WITHOUT utilizing the thoughts of others. Explain how you went from evidence that you observed and analyzed to the conclusion that there is a specific God of the specific nature you describe.
So you could have developed the scientific method, or algebra, or evolution, or calculus without the thoughts of others?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102101 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for reminding me I am nothing like you
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no nickle tax knox BOE 9 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 10 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 13 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 18 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! Thu john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
Separate Wed Loving 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts