Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,476

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101942 May 1, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You could still see it with a microscope couldn't you? Wouldn't that still be "seeing it"?
Get the point yet?
Well, I reckon since I! made the point, I had to have had comprehension enough prior to making it- "duhmmy".
Sometimes

Mount Sterling, KY

#101943 May 1, 2013
There have been interesting archaeological discoveries made that have verified information in the Bible. And it has not been unusual to conduct digs based upon Biblical information.
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you try and deny places like the Garden of Gethsemane, the Temple Dome, Isreal, Bethelehem, Judea, Egypt, Iraq, Mt Ararat (and on and on) just because you might not find the philolosophical aspects of reading materials all held within the same bindings, to be all in agreement of how you may believe (or not believe)?
Thank goodness, the sciences of say..ohh...archeology for example, do not approach their endevours with such close mindedness, or extreme amounts of pridefulness in their own beliefs, and nothing else except!
Nothing scientifically or historically interesting would ever be accomplished then!
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101944 May 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change you handle.
The onion is there, the onion cells are there, the onion DNA is there. All of that can be seen, in one way and another. All of those have concrete physical existence. You are using a bad example. Let me help you out.
Can you see an electron? Can you see sound? Can you see infrared or x-rays? Can you see the inside of the closet while the door is closed? Can you see me at this desk? Can you see what someone is thinking, or how they feel? You do not deny those existences, do you?
Can you see unicorns and leprechauns? Can you see Santa and his elves? Can you see Odin, Ra, Brahma or Zeus? Why not? Maybe you merely have "trouble comprehending" them?
You're issue is obvious-you lack comprehension in being able to differentiate between classifications of subject materials, and tools used in some instances to detect the presence of things like electrons, sound waves, live waves, radio freqs etc., all of which could actually be lumped into PHYSICS, rather than the bullchit 5th grade level Mentality of fantasy gwitter chitting unicorns, little green leperCONS, and elves of any sort, but does NOT apply to "Santa" because there was once a "Saint Nicholas" scribed about partially because of his acts of FAITH...and Ra and Zuess et al belong to the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Nordic tribes and the Hindu respectively, which are actually a little different even than Jesus, because even according to the doctrines of each classification, they did not exist on earth in a human form, not even perpetuated to have done so within the same doctrines.
And YES, it is easy to tell how people "feel" sometimes (duhm analogy)and no as of yet, Science has not been capable of telling what anyone is truly thinking per say..and can you imagine that? The utter chaos and destruction something like that could create.

Eeeewwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. .imagine a world like that...EEEEWWWWWE.
It's bad enough, the vileness often implemented when ignorance just ASSUMES it knows what any one else is thinking!!!

EWE!!!

Now get away. I don't need you, or anyone else, to think OR speak for me.
Worm duhmmy.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101945 May 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancer one day, no cancer less than two weeks later. This was the third fight with cancer in different places. Cancer free now for several years.
What does it take for you skeptics? Do you expect Jesus to come down and cure them in person and then go around and tell all 6.4 billion people on earth what He did?
How many times does this have to be explained to you and how many different ways? It's like a two year old that keeps swearing there's a monster under the bed.

Doctors will diagnose on the safe side with cancer, meaning if there's even a chance it's cancer they call it that until they know for 100% certainty, they continue to treat it as cancer. There are more people in cancer treatment without cancer than with, as a result, which is not a bad thing because most treatments won't harm a healthy person. Many times the cancer turns out to be a passing infection, depending on the location that could be another problem but not usually, or a collection of fat cells.

Sheesh, you are not even close to skeptical of anything.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101946 May 1, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
"To do what we want..."
You are an idiot.
What if no one wanted to stop at red lights or stop signs?

Duhmmy.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#101947 May 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again. Love these reminders of what hatred truly is.
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101948 May 1, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this one! Like the EveintheGardenof one too, and a few other ones as well. Does it really matter, in a world of "virtual" of nothing with any real relevance anyway? If so, could you please offer moi a justifiable reason as to why?
And actually, Logically thinking anyway, and if one were to practice what they preacheth and had to TRUTHFULLY admit, the variable of monikers doesn't really matter WHAT name I use, I am still the same, Original someone, with plenty of history!! As in not someone just PRETENDING to be someone else, an odd, extreme behavior that I find to be rather warped and delusional, I might add.
Just because you might not see the same "name", doesn't mean the same "bearer" of them, isn't there!
Uh, huh. I use a "moniker" for real world anonymity, and a single registered account for forum identification. With a modicum of effort, anyone can find what precisely what I, ChromiuMan with the Escher print, has said to whom about what and when. Then there are those who prefer to use multiple aliases and AKA's. Pretending to be a multitude? Ashamed of mistakes? Fearful of responsibility? The basal motivations are likely furtive and deceitful, either way.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101949 May 1, 2013
Sometimes wrote:
There have been interesting archaeological discoveries made that have verified information in the Bible. And it has not been unusual to conduct digs based upon Biblical information.
<quoted text>
I know. Try telling that to some of the blockheads on here though lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101950 May 1, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I reckon since I! made the point, I had to have had comprehension enough prior to making it- "duhmmy".
Nope.
EveintheGardenof

London, KY

#101951 May 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should change you handle.
The onion is there, the onion cells are there, the onion DNA is there. All of that can be seen, in one way and another. All of those have concrete physical existence. You are using a bad example. Let me help you out.
Can you see an electron? Can you see sound? Can you see infrared or x-rays? Can you see the inside of the closet while the door is closed? Can you see me at this desk? Can you see what someone is thinking, or how they feel? You do not deny those existences, do you?
Can you see unicorns and leprechauns? Can you see Santa and his elves? Can you see Odin, Ra, Brahma or Zeus? Why not? Maybe you merely have "trouble comprehending" them?
and about that onion thing-so is e-coli.

Eweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...nasty lil' microbes that they are!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101952 May 1, 2013
Sometimes wrote:
<quoted text>
There is history of the Jewish tribes recorded in the Bible. Then there are the Jewish mythologies, too - for which no amount of digging will ever find a trace of.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#101953 May 1, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
What if no one wanted to stop at red lights or stop signs?
Duhmmy.
Then the law would cease to exist and lots of people would get hurt.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#101954 May 1, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Try telling that to some of the blockheads on here though lol.
We're still waiting for someone to show these things. Still waiting for any evidence at all that your bible is true.
Howabout

London, KY

#101955 May 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
add Bite me then, to "Get away".

In this instance you may assume that the me part of the phrase, is a rock, covered in donkey dung frosted with glittery specks of lye compound washing powder, previously dipped in rancid terlet water, sauteed in year old goat lard, left out to cultivate it';s own microbes, in the sun of Ra.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101956 May 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is history of the Jewish tribes recorded in the Bible. Then there are the Jewish mythologies, too - for which no amount of digging will ever find a trace of.
Why conceptual "discernment" and the ability to do so, is a GOOD thing.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101957 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We're still waiting for someone to show these things. Still waiting for any evidence at all that your bible is true.
Why do some of you people insist on ignorantly lumping ANY category of book, as specifically belonging to anyone person, or group of people, in particular?

Is it too difficult to understand, that some people merely view ALL books, as books, and accept them just for what they are, books, that can be read and gleened form by anyone, no matter the race, creed or colors of the readers of?

If I read a Qu'ran in a library, does that make it "my" book? If I read the Torah, does that make it "my" book? If I read the BOM, does that make it "my" book?

I mean really, assumptions like those, must be a pretty ignorant state to have to exist in.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101958 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one "wants to" stop at red lights and stop signs. They do so because the alternative to stopping is worse. That is how choice and "free will" operates. If this, then that, weigh the options.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101959 May 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you starting to grasp some concepts of some of the GOOD that some of these "book" type things can offer now?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101960 May 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is not true.

You are talking about a subject called Ancient Interpretation. It is the way people used to read the Bible, as scholars, before more information was known and before the Enlightenment.

By that way of reading you can easily make an argument that OJ Simpson was foretold in the Hebrew Bible. This is because of the incredibly broad way that things were interpreted. They would read a passage in Genesis that was puzzling, then find something in some other book that could be construed to reflect it in some way. Or vice versa.

There's an example of this in the Jewish tradition. The story of Abraham being told to kill his son. In that story there is no mention of Satan at all. But the Jewish interpreters, using the same kind of methods you probably are basing your ideas on, found that there was a word at the beginning of the story that meant "things" but could also mean "words". So they said "These words came before" or something like that. So then they said, that must mean there was something said prior to the story. What could it be? So they searched and found the book of Job and the tale of Satan challenging God. So then they assumed that the "words" that came before MUST have been Satan challenging God to test Job.

So their interpretation was that God was basically taking a bet with the devil, like he did in Job. That would give him some reason to do this terrible thing.

But that isn't in the text. Anywhere.

And that is one example of how you can get Jesus from a text that never mentions Jesus.
Uh, no it's pretty clear when they describe Him, the way He would be born, the miracles He would perform, and the way He would die and rise again.
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101961 May 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, huh. I use a "moniker" for real world anonymity, and a single registered account for forum identification. With a modicum of effort, anyone can find what precisely what I, ChromiuMan with the Escher print, has said to whom about what and when. Then there are those who prefer to use multiple aliases and AKA's. Pretending to be a multitude? Ashamed of mistakes? Fearful of responsibility? The basal motivations are likely furtive and deceitful, either way.
Answer: None of the above. Aside from the already aforementioned reasons of irrelevancy, it lessens the chances of zealot hater FREAKS, in being able to stalk anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 7 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,574
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 37 min you know 49
s.e.k.r.i. 45 min Yes sir 8
Journey threw hell 54 min boz 2
Jm Hall has done nothing for knox county 58 min Ky Resident 23
Indictments 59 min my vote 32
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 1 hr Drunk tank 7
who will you vote for as jailer 5 hr you know 81
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. Fri Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating