Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,148

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102058 May 2, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Show me the money.

Because from what I understand it is passages like this one that you base your belief on:

Gen 3:15 - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.(KJV)

I mean, if this is what you call prophesy then your bar is indeed extremely low. This verse says literally NOTHING about the coming of Christ. And when you add up all the verses like it that are called "prophetic" you get a sum of zero.

The Hebrews did believe that the Messiah would come. It is very convenient for Christians to then find Hebrew passages stating their belief in the possibility of a coming Messiah as proof that Christ is that figure.

Imagine I wrote a novel stating that I think there will eventually be born the best novelist in history. Then, years later, some novelist comes along who is extremely popular and out sells most people. Then his fans find my book and claim that he is the fulfillment of my prophecy."
==========
I say that your analogy is simplistic,at best,bordering on gibberish.

On the other hand,if you had accurately predicted where he was born,what type of novels he would write,exact location of his birthplace,what his nationality would be,the exact location of his headquarters,described the major problems he would encounter during his lifetime, and what caused his death,among other things,then one could conclude that HE is the fulfillment of your prophecy

Psalm 22:16-18:“Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.I can count all my bones
( Pierce my hands and my feet,I can count all my bones ,signifies crucifixion.

This prophecy was written long before crucifixion was invented )
; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.”

Likely the clearest prophecy about Jesus is the entire 53rd chapter of Isaiah. Isaiah 53:3-7 is especially unmistakable:“He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.”
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102059 May 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"your very simplistic response to a complex set of events that you clearly do not understand,has convinced me that,you do not understand" -curious
Hey,RustedChromeman,
Seems that your inflexible mind is not able to come up with an original thought,,,,,So CUTNPASTING some one elses has to suffice.

Obviously,you have not LEARNED anything
A wise man can learn more from a fools question,than a fool can learn from a wise answer

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#102060 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102061 May 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Love these reminders.
But I think you may have a medical problem. It seems your intestines have wrapped around your optic nerve, giving you a crappy outlook on life.
You should have that looked at.
would love Bible Study

Glasgow, KY

#102062 May 2, 2013
I would love to see bible study in public schools!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102063 May 2, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you looking for Mohammed, Allah, or Zeus? How honest, and diligent is that effort?
Your response is a RED HERRING,,,look up it's meaning.

You and many others say that you want evidence of God's existence,
and God has provided you a way by which you can attain that evidence, if you really want to know him
When you really want something,you make every effort possible to get it....
You need ask yourselves,When have you ever made an honest effort to seek God?

Your response is,in no way,relevant to whai I posted.

I never said I wanted eviidence of Zeus Existence,I never said I wanted evidence of Allah Or Mohammed.
Since I did not ask,nor am I interested in,therefore there is no need for me to DILIGENTLY seek an answer

It is you hypocritical Atheists,who say,that you want evidence,and when told how that evidence can be attained,refuse to do so

In other words,you will not accept any answer,unless it is the one you want.
That is why you are hypocrites and illogical
Sunny Day

Monticello, KY

#102064 May 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Who on earth would covet your respect? It means NOTHING! Do whut does not need your respect to validate his life. You don't even have respect for yourself let alone anyone else. A man with no respect for the Almighty God needs the breath God gave him to be sucked out. Why don't you ask Him to take it back since you want nothing to do with Him? You know why you don't? Because you are scared to die!! You know you are going to hell. You and your kind are not worth the air you breathe in society. You are a fungus. Go ahead take the challenge. Tell God to take the breath of life back, you don't want anything from Him. Just do it! I will not cry.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#102065 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Love these reminders.
But I think you may have a medical problem. It seems your intestines have wrapped around your optic nerve, giving you a crappy outlook on life.
LOL,,,But,I partially disagree with your analysis.
I do not believe he has an optic nerve.
I believe he is all intestines,that is why those who know him claim he is full of SH+T

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#102066 May 2, 2013
Sunny Day wrote:
<quoted text>Who on earth would covet your respect? It means NOTHING! Do whut does not need your respect to validate his life. You don't even have respect for yourself let alone anyone else. A man with no respect for the Almighty God needs the breath God gave him to be sucked out. Why don't you ask Him to take it back since you want nothing to do with Him? You know why you don't? Because you are scared to die!! You know you are going to hell. You and your kind are not worth the air you breathe in society. You are a fungus. Go ahead take the challenge. Tell God to take the breath of life back, you don't want anything from Him. Just do it! I will not cry.
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy.... And since from the sounds of it you have asked your invisible guy to do so and he, and I, are still here must mean you don't have an inside track either... I can just feel the godly love just pouring from you in this post.... Maybe that's why we are still here responding to you.... You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either.... With your attitude I would say you have a reserved seat in that Hell place I keep hearing about....

“There is no god.”

USA

#102067 May 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Love these reminders.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102068 May 2, 2013
Lmao, three idiots and one a sozi agree, who would of thought. One should follow, god in a jesus suit's,teaching if one would claim to be a christian.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102069 May 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a rational person ask someone they do not believe exist to do anything, That is just plain Goofy.... And since from the sounds of it you have asked your invisible guy to do so and he, and I, are still here must mean you don't have an inside track either... I can just feel the godly love just pouring from you in this post.... Maybe that's why we are still here responding to you.... You are such a idiot filled with wishing those that disagree with you to die that God doesn't want anything to do with you either.... With your attitude I would say you have a reserved seat in that Hell place I keep hearing about....
I agree, lmao, religies are tooo easy, and they "thank you" for the truth, idiots.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102070 May 2, 2013
Just read the posts of the so called christians, very god in a jesus suit, the hate is palatable.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102071 May 2, 2013
The dim wit religie attacked me with its child remarks without me posting to the idiot, the hate it shows is funny for a christian.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102072 May 2, 2013
But the hate is true to their beliefs, just read the holyhatebible.

“There is no god.”

USA

#102073 May 2, 2013
The trinity hate club, lmfao.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#102074 May 2, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fine example of you talking out of your ass.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You and many others say that you want evidence of God's existence...
Yes, empirical evidence in support of what you claim is what we ask for.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When you really want something,you make every effort possible to get it....
Or to make what you have fit what you believe.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I wanted eviidence of Zeus Existence,I never said I wanted evidence of Allah Or Mohammed....
Since I did not ask,nor am I interested in,therefore there is no need for me to DILIGENTLY seek an answer
That's because you're not actually curious about anything.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is you hypocritical Atheists,who say,that you want evidence,and when told how that evidence can be attained,refuse to do so
Your response would almost carry weight if we ("hypocritical atheists") were the ones making the claims. But, we are not. You are. You claim your god exists therefore you have the burden of proof.

If the other poster had asserted those gods exist you would have a point. But he didn't, he basically made an observation (in the form of a rhetorical question) regarding your dismissal of those gods without diligently seeking them first.

Do you understand why this is not hypocrisy?

“There is no god.”

USA

#102075 May 2, 2013
The dim wit, even after being told its a respect thing, still wants to use its special understanding and make it a christian hate thing, can ya say idiot.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#102076 May 2, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I prefer to think for myself.
BS. If you "think for yourself", explain to me how you came to the conclusion that God exists WITHOUT utilizing the thoughts of others. Explain how you went from evidence that you observed and analyzed to the conclusion that there is a specific God of the specific nature you describe.
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Have fun sitting in that box of lumped and labeled.
Too broad brush paint stroked and compartmentalized for moi lol.
You're a 1 as well. If you are not, simply tell me which other number you are. Why are you monkeys so afraid to just admit what you believe?
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
And, being as I prefer healthy balances, I take issue with the extremist frays of that "organization" as well.
Oh, what a well thought out justification. I'm glad that you clearly support Fred Phelps.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's comedy. Do you not realize how hypocritical it is of you to accuse anyone here of committing a logical fallacy? I mean, really. You're guilty of almost every one that I know of. Many, dozens of times.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#102077 May 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, lmao, religies are tooo easy, and they "thank you" for the truth, idiots.
"You cannot have a rational, logical conversation with a irrational, illogical person" - Q

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason hughes 2 hr Cuzzo 9
jessica napier 4 hr hmm 1
brandon bryson 4 hr old friend 4
food stamp office 4 hr Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 6 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
teena Marie mills 7 hr Flatlick 4
Husbands with friends 8 hr Glenda 3
praying it's all a lie 14 hr Just the truth 5
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"