Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,065

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#101798 Apr 30, 2013
"1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase untill all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop untill Hell freezes over."

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101799 Apr 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your opinion,based on a lack of information.
For once, I agree with you. It is based on a lack of information. And by information I mean evidence.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We tested the teachings contained in the Bible and found them to be accurate and truthful.
Your "tests" were not objective. You've dismissed other logical explanations for the results of your "tests" in favor of what you desired. You deny it, but anyone with an ounce of reason in their tool box can see your arguments for what they are.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously,you have not done so.
That's a pretty bold statement. How did you arrive at that conclusion?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
By not having done so,makes you illequipped to pass judgement on something you do not understand.
I've told you this before. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they don't understand your position. Why is that so hard for you to get?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101800 Apr 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Brain(lump) holyhatebible(whump), a truth has been revealed.
When a wise man speaks,it is because he has something to say,

When a fool speaks,it is because he has to say something

When an idiot speaks,it is because he has to say something and expresses himself based on his very limited vocabulay,,,,Gibberish and baby talk.
As they used to say in the old days;
When I want any S-ht from you,I'll squeeze your head

“There is no god.”

USA

#101801 Apr 30, 2013
Poor little religies, pray to god for me to stop, it will not work, there is no super head nut, just little clueless religie ones.

Why do religies keep reading my post, easy, their idiots that hate the truth. I state a fact and they, well, they thank me. Lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#101802 Apr 30, 2013
"Like all religions, the Holy Religion of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both Logic and Faith. We have Faith that She is Pink; and we Logically know that She is Invisible, because we can't see Her."

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101803 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is magic and spells come from the Satan. Miracles come from God. Magic and spells seem to benefit more of the first person not others.
I believe that God helps those who help themselves. I would never discourage someone from going to a doctor, even with a blessing or prayers. It is still up to us to do everything that we can do within our own power, and then God makes up the difference according to our faith.
Yahweh is a mathematician?
Personal power < sufficient + Yahweh power (- insufficient personal power)= miracle?
(Please forgive me, all you real mathematicians)

Magic spells bend the laws of reality.
Miracles bend the laws of reality.
There is no difference and both are imaginary.

"Magic and spells seem to benefit more of the first person not others."
So you are saying a "miracle" benefits only those NOT asking for one?
Come on... Religious people pray for miracles for themselves constantly.

You know, if those who "helps themselves" actually help themselves, there is no need for a god's help.
Religion requires a person to believe they are weak and helpless.
It preys on the insecure, the needy, the frightened.
But instead of encouraging confidence and courage, it offers a crutch.
Religion poisons everything.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101804 Apr 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"Like all religions, the Holy Religion of the Invisible Pink Unicorn is based upon both Logic and Faith. We have Faith that She is Pink; and we Logically know that She is Invisible, because we can't see Her."
I adore the IPU. She is watching over my shoulder as I am typing.
She says that later today we are going to fly to Mars where She will leave a pile of glittered poop for scientists to eventually find to confirm Her existance.
And they will declare "It's a miracle! She IS real!"

IPU believers everywhere will smile, nod and whisper "I told you so."
;)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101805 Apr 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,I imagine that,when one uses facts to buttress his beliefs,
those who do not agree with those beliefs, unable to refute those facts,would have to say something,like blaming it on flat tires.
When a wise man speaks,it is because he has something to say,When a fool speaks,it is because he has to say something
And we are still waiting for you to have something to say.
Imagine this: The Earth is over 4 billion years old. It is a small planet circling a medium sized middle aged 3rd generation star in an obscure part of a medium sized galaxy that contains 300,000,000,000 other stars. In the observable universe alone, there are probably 100,000,000,000 other galaxies.
Now, you wish us to have faith (that is to imagine and believe) that a deity who created all of this and vastly, vastly more over 13 billion years ago, recently created humans in 'his' image and has spent the last 6,000 years doting over a family of sheep herders (which is STILL basically all we are) and that he speaks to you through characters printed on sheets of pulverized plant fibers and possibly a sort of psychic connection that is indistinguishable from a psychiatric disorder.
Oh, I'm sorry - were you saying something I needed to take seriously?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101806 Apr 30, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
For once, I agree with you. It is based on a lack of information. And by information I mean evidence.
<quoted text>
Your "tests" were not objective. You've dismissed other logical explanations for the results of your "tests" in favor of what you desired. You deny it, but anyone with an ounce of reason in their tool box can see your arguments for what they are.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I've told you this before. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they don't understand your position. Why is that so hard for you to get?
You wrote
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
We tested the teachings contained in the Bible and found them to be accurate and truthful.

B)Your "tests" were not objective. You've dismissed other logical explanations for the results of your "tests" in favor of what you desired. You deny it, but anyone with an ounce of reason in their tool box can see your arguments for what they are.

A)That you do not understand is very evident in your responses.
I tested the teachings that I read.Did as they instructed me to do.
I received the desired results,exactly as the teachings said that I would.

This did not happen just once,it happened on a number of occassions, extended over a period of time.
Thereby,I came to believe and trust in God and Jesus Christ.
The evidence was plain for me to see.

The reasons why I dismissed your so called logical explanations,were plainly addressed in what I posted...

If you have a problem with the reasons I gave, and that they are not valid,THEN,address them and explain why,in your view they are valid.

Address each specific point,based on facts,not on your still misguided opinion.

Prove to me,based on facts,how,by using your Scientific based techniques,I would have been able to acquire the same results as I received based on following the teachings of Scriptures.

I do not believe ,that either you,or Science,can duplicate the results.
I already mentioned that in what I posted.
THAT,again,is the REASON why I dismissed your illogical explanatios

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously,you have not done so.

YOU WROTE

C)) I arrived at that conclusion,based on the fact,that,even though,you had the opportunity to do so, none of you have stated that you have put into practice the teachings of the Bible and that they failed you..

You might state that now,as a way of covering your behinds,but when it was relevant,the thought never occurred to you,because there was no basis for you to think that way .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101807 Apr 30, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
There's already a whole book filled with tidbits on Jesus...that has survived antiquity..and you wish to see another one?
Extreme expectations much?
There is a book filled with tidbits of a kid rafting the Mississippi river with his best friend and getting lost in a cave with a local girl....

All those tidbit you mention were added years after the fact, in most cases 100's of years after the fact.... With not one tidbit found after 2000 years of people actually sending mass armies to find just one mention... What Other people wrote about what they think happened 100 years ago based only on whats in their head is just Goofy....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101808 Apr 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are still waiting for you to have something to say.
Imagine this: The Earth is over 4 billion years old. It is a small planet circling a medium sized middle aged 3rd generation star in an obscure part of a medium sized galaxy that contains 300,000,000,000 other stars. In the observable universe alone, there are probably 100,000,000,000 other galaxies.
Now, you wish us to have faith (that is to imagine and believe) that a deity who created all of this and vastly, vastly more over 13 billion years ago, recently created humans in 'his' image and has spent the last 6,000 years doting over a family of sheep herders (which is STILL basically all we are) and that he speaks to you through characters printed on sheets of pulverized plant fibers and possibly a sort of psychic connection that is indistinguishable from a psychiatric disorder.
Oh, I'm sorry - were you saying something I needed to take seriously?
I do not expect you to believe in anything.
That is your choice to make,and your problem ,not mine.

What I have expressed is the reasons as to why I believe.
God has taught me to believe in him and trust him.

To me,that is not a problem,It is a blessing.

You can choose to live with your problem,I choose to live with my blessing.
Whether the earth was created 5ooo years ago,or a billion years ago,to me makes no difference.
Since God didnot stipulate the Specific date when He created the Universe,then I see no logic in discussing the topic

You asked
"Oh, I'm sorry - were you saying something I needed to take seriously?

The answer to your questionis no..
A fool relies on his own counsel

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101809 Apr 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not expect you to believe in anything.
That is your choice to make,and your problem ,not mine.
What I have expressed is the reasons as to why I believe.
God has taught me to believe in him and trust him.
You can choose to live with your problem,I choose to live with my blessing.
Whether the earth was created 5ooo years ago,or a billion years ago,to me makes no difference.
Since God didnot stipulate the Specific date when He created the Universe,then I see no logic in discussing the topic
You asked
"Oh, I'm sorry - were you saying something I needed to take seriously?
The answer to your questionis no..
A fool relies on his own counsel
Have you ever worked in sales?
Your reasoning is just about as close to failure as anything I've ever heard outside of saving $1,000 by buying a $30,000 car on secondary credit.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>God has taught me to believe in him and trust him.
No, what you have described is a personal jihad - or quest, if you prefer, to identify and commune with a Book through a program of suspended disbelief. It is submersion.

Why would anyone knowingly and willingly eradicate any part of their cognitive abilities by praying to have them subjugated to psychosis and superstition? And then highly to recommend the same self-treatment to others?! As my aunt would say, "Well, that's just not right."
ScienceProves

London, KY

#101810 Apr 30, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a book filled with tidbits of a kid rafting the Mississippi river with his best friend and getting lost in a cave with a local girl....
All those tidbit you mention were added years after the fact, in most cases 100's of years after the fact.... With not one tidbit found after 2000 years of people actually sending mass armies to find just one mention... What Other people wrote about what they think happened 100 years ago based only on whats in their head is just Goofy....
I like the Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer et al books too.

Just think they should NOT allow for PEABRAIN editing of the original works, just because PEABRAINS can't handle it!

Location hidden

#101811 Apr 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A)That you do not understand is very evident in your responses.
I tested the teachings that I read.Did as they instructed me to do.
I received the desired results,exactly as the teachings said that I would.
Exactly as the teachings said you would, eh? Exactly? You don't feel like you're doing some interpreting/inferring? If not, you and I(and the rest of the English speaking world) have massively different definitions for the word "exact".
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This did not happen just once,it happened on a number of occassions, extended over a period of time.
I'm sure you have. I'd also be willing to bet that the "positive" results you received were easier to come by with each new "test".
The number of times you execute a poorly constructed test is irrelevant. All that it shows is a capability to reproduce an erroneous result (and probably with increased efficiency).
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons why I dismissed your so called logical explanations,were plainly addressed in what I posted...
If you have a problem with the reasons I gave, and that they are not valid,THEN,address them and explain why,in your view they are valid.
Address each specific point,based on facts,not on your still misguided opinion.
Prove to me,based on facts,how...
No, they were not "plainly addressed" by you. You go through extravagant exercises of poor logic in an attempt (I believe) to confuse whoever you are "debating" (I quoted debating because I believe you to be disingenuous and not really trying to debate the issue at all).

Every explanation given to you had minimal assumptions applied (if any) and all of them were reasonable to expect.

One of the other posters asked you specifically if anything in your scenario could have happened if you hadn't prayed. If you had simply ran your classified ad. You, to the best of my knowledge, ignored that question. Let me answer it for you. Yes...all of it.
There isn't a single event in your story that couldn't have happened without "divine intervention" and you know it. Any other answer is an attempt to deflect or distract and it displays your dishonesty.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe ,that either you,or Science,can duplicate the results.
You require a test that produces the exact same results now? That's funny because initially you just asked for a plausible explanation. You do realize those are separate things don't you?

Was it possible for Shaquille O'Neal to have made 20 consecutive free throws? Of course it was. Did he ever do it? No, I don't think so. But, according to your logic, because Shaq never did it it was (is) impossible for him to have done it. That's an idiotic position.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I arrived at that conclusion,based on the fact,that,even though,you had the opportunity to do so, none of you have stated that you have put into practice the teachings of the Bible and that they failed you..
You might state that now,as a way of covering your behinds,but when it was relevant,the thought never occurred to you,because there was no basis for you to think that way .
Another example of your lack of integrity. State it now to cover our behinds? Many of us have confessed (repeatedly) to being prior "believers". How convenient of you to overlook those admissions though.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101812 Apr 30, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer et al books too.
Just think they should NOT allow for PEABRAIN editing of the original works, just because PEABRAINS can't handle it!
Agreed. There should be no revision of the classics. They are a product of their time, and no one should be alarmed, ashamed or too sensitive to expect them to be anything else.

“There is no god.”

USA

#101813 Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, like the torah and christian peaheads adding to it.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101814 Apr 30, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever worked in sales?
Your reasoning is just about as close to failure as anything I've ever heard outside of saving $1,000 by buying a $30,000 car on secondary credit.
<quoted text>
No, what you have described is a personal jihad - or quest, if you prefer, to identify and commune with a Book through a program of suspended disbelief. It is submersion.
Why would anyone knowingly and willingly eradicate any part of their cognitive abilities by praying to have them subjugated to psychosis and superstition? And then highly to recommend the same self-treatment to others?! As my aunt would say, "Well, that's just not right."
Yes,my career was in Sales,for American Express and HSBC Bank,where I placed among the top 10% of their sales force in both.
That is not bragging,that is a fact.
Due to the results of my sales record,for which I do not take personal credit,I was able to retire early and am living a very comfortable retirement.

Your description of my cognitive abilities,is totally invalid and inaccurate,therefore your description is based on the nonsense that fills your mind.

I have ,time and again,stated the facts on which my Faith is based.

You and others are totally unable to understand or relate to those facts,therefore you interpret those facts as psycosis or superstition.
It was not psychosis or superstition that answered my prayers.

It would be psychosis or superstition,if I followed your logic,all based on the possibility that something may happen,by CHANCE,if I wait long enough for it to happen.
I repeat,You are the least qualified to pass judgement,since you are illequipped to do so.

In your foolish state of mind,you still are attempting to explain,that which you do not understand.

You know what they say

A fool and his mind are soon parted.

Bottom line,What I consider your nonsense and Gibberish,in no way WILL SHAKE THE FOUNDATION OF MY FAITH.

In,effect,what you are saying is that,I should not trust,that which I have personally experienced,but ,that I should rely on your judgement as to how those events are to be interpreted.

And your judgement is based on what,,,,,It is based on nonsense,you did not live it or experience it,therefore you are totally unqualified to comment or judge.

You can believe what you want to believe.

Location hidden

#101815 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I am sure their is no documentation of this supposed cancer?
People with cancer pray all the time. Most of them die due to cancer, so I see no evidence of prayer actually helping.

So just how did AIDs spread to humans? Contact with monkeys does not mean they had sex. And why did god allow for the monkeys to have the disease in the first place?

What of malaria making so many suffer? How about MS? Are you telling me praying Mormons do not suffer from disease? Or is god just allowing some to suffer?

Do you think marriage helps anyone be monogamous? If so, then it stands to reason homosexuals would have the same result. Unless you just think they are all bad.
Sure there is documentation from their tests. Why wouldn't there be?

I didn't suggest that man and monkey had sex. I know that was the common thought in the 90's, but I didn't say it. Funny how that was your first defensive response though. What I had heard last was that they determined that people that were capturing these primates were injured and the disease passed that way. Either way, that is man's fault. And as far as I know, the disease didn't hurt the primates, they were more of a carrier.

Everyone suffers from disease. The rain falls on the just and unjust. And I don't have a clue why some are helped and others aren't. That's up to God. The important thing to me is that He has helped upon request and I have experienced that first hand.

And no, I don't see that marriage helps keep anyone monogamous, regardless of sexual preference. I think it is a flawed argument that if gays are allowed to marry, then STDs will decrease. I have not seen that it has helped heteros stay monogamous in the least. If they are going to cheat, they do it. If you are suggesting that fear of divorce and having to split 1/2 of their belongings will help them remain monogamous, then it isn't about love or rights to marry at all. In that case, what good is marriage? It would be better to not marry at all. That goes for straights and gays.

Location hidden

#101816 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you're basically saying that there wouldn't be a Washington state if there was no chief Seattle.
Do you know the history of Utah?

There wasn't a soul living in that area but Ute Indians. I can't speak for Washington, but for Utah, It would not be the same without Brigham taking tens of thousands of Mormons there.

Location hidden

#101817 Apr 30, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>I know we share the same beliefs,and this was not intended for you,I made an error,and when I realized it ,sent another post right behind this one,explaining my mistake.
Again,my apologies
No problem :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy Mills engaged?? 18 min Truth Hurts 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 1 hr Enough said 23
kC principal injured 2 hr Sarah J 2
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 2 hr Lisa 3
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr just get worse 97
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 4 hr fan 15
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 12 hr Confused 6
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••