Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,583

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101896 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are seriously contradicting yourself. If god never intervenes on earthy affairs, then your miracles are not of god?

Not sure what gods timeline has to do with anyone being comforted as they suffer for a lifetime. Sounds extremely selfish, with a lack of empathy or sympathy.

So punishment is not for you to decide, so? I am not asking you to decide, I am asking why you do not care for fair justice? Why would you think I should not care for fair justice? Again you ignore critical thinking and logic to blind faith.

Seems to be your answer for all things you claim that lack logic.
Now tell me why you are not a Muslim?
Because miracles normally come from prayer requests.

Sometimes we need to go through some things to make us stronger. Kinda like the caterpillar to butterfly analogy.

And why isn't it fair justice? You are choosing not to even try to believe in Him.

If you have to ask why I'm not Muslim, then we need to be talking more about doctrine
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#101897 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The only two stories I've ever heard was someone had sex with a monkey (which I doubt) and that someone was doing tests with monkeys and got injured and somehow swapped blood with a primate. Either way, man is to blame.
It sounds like you aren't accepting the answer that God does not intervene in all things.
The whole mess started in the Garden of Eden with Satan's lie. Adam and Eve plunged the whole human race into sin and death. If God intervened to correct the problems caused by Satan it would appear that Satan and God are in kohoots. God will not allow Satan to have control of the earth indefinate! Revelation 21:3,4 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4&#8239;And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Location hidden

#101898 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If Bill Cosby actually said this, it is the most immoral thing I have ever heard from him. Sorry, but this is my logic, no ghosts consulted.
I was joking and so was he. Did you never watch the Cosby show? He said this to Theo constantly.

Location hidden

#101899 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This is your excuse for suffering? So if millions of people suffer for a lifetime, as long as someone learns something, then it is a good thing the suffering happened?
Sorry, but that is the logic of a madman or worse.
People can learn without massive suffering.

And if you think this suffering is good because it might bring someone to god, then that is just as evil. Sounds more like torture in the inquisitions.
It's just something that I observe comes from it most if the time. I don't know God's reasoning on this. I can't answer why good things happen to bad people or vice versa.

And of course I don't think it's good. But sometimes bad things happening to a person does humble them and bring them closer to God. Don't know if that's a reason or just a possible outcome.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101900 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what that equation was supposed to mean. Sorry
Prayer, miracles, and the priesthood can benefit both you and others. But the priesthood is different. I cannot use it for myself. I can't lay my hands upon my own head and pronounce a blessing. But I can help others and it in turn strengthens my faith.
Do I seem weak and helpless to you? Do I seem to lack confidence to you?
You use a crutch. You need it for some reason.
If you were a responsible, mature, sane adult, you would not need
an invisible friend.

Delusional people are often confident of their delusion.
Doesn't make them sane though.
Entomology

Hazard, KY

#101901 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking and so was he. Did you never watch the Cosby show? He said this to Theo constantly.
Kind of like saying haven't you ever heard of a tarantulla eating it's young?

Except one's an insect, as in not human.

Location hidden

#101902 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So god is pouting because I give him no credit for something I cannot know he ever did? Why do you not give Zeus credit for rain? I bet it really pisses him off like a spoiled little child.

Are their any attributes of your god that sound like a reasonable, mature, caring, sympathizing adult or are they all that of a sadistic child?
Is there any other reason besides your pride and ability to think on a level equal to God's ability, to deny His existence and superiority?

God knew that Satan would bring suffering and torment to man. That's why He gave His Son to account for all our wrongs and feel all our pain and atone for it, so we can earn a reward greater than we can imagine now. All of us agreed to this temporary pain because we knew the reward.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#101903 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you stoop to this level of insult too? Interesting. I learned something new here.
There is much new that you could learn if you weren't so brainwashed.

"No, I do not respect your religious beliefs.

I respect your right to HAVE them.
I respect your right to PEACEFULLY EXPRESS them.

I do NOT respect your "right" to tell me I am an "EVIL" person.
I do NOT respect your "right" to tell me I am going to "HELL."

I do not respect IGNORANCE.
I do not respect BRAINWASHING.
I do not respect CULTS.
I do not respect HATRED, BIGOTRY, SEXISM OR TYRANNY.

I do not respect your RELIGION. And I don't have to."

The author of this quote is unknown to me...but I totally agree with it.
ScienceProves

Hazard, KY

#101904 Apr 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You use a crutch. You need it for some reason.
an invisible friend.
Often times, however, there's huge differences between acts of FAITH, and psychological delusions.

"Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there".

Location hidden

#101905 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well lets see it? The world is waiting for the first documented miracle. What are you waiting for?
Again, I will not display who my mother n law is. Sorry

Location hidden

#101906 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I suggested it because that is the stereotypical claim of the religious. So far you are spot on with the typical claims of the religious and you mentioned monkeys. So I am actually shocked you know the old claim is known to be false. But am still confused why you blame man just because man was somehow involved. The way you speak of blame here is as if he deserves to suffer.

So you have no clue about why god helps some and not others? Then why do you not ask your holy ghost to clear up the confusion. In fact, why do you not ask him to clear up all my questions?

BTW, you are still contradicting your claim that god does not intervene.
Contradiction is a sure sign you are wrong about something.
Why do you not ask Him yourself? You seem to have trouble understanding me as the mediator.

Location hidden

#101907 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you really do not see marriage as a path to monogamy?
Of course I realize all married people are not monogamous, but I am not talking about all, I am talking about a path that leads to better.
The act of marriage is often very public, and this alone puts the couple in the spotlight to at least try to remain monogamous.
Most any sex expert would tell you that marriage does help people be more monogamous. So I am not sure where you are getting this perception, but I am starting to understand why you have some unusual perceptions.

Marriage can be good for many reasons, so your list really does not seem to be relevant. BTW, I said nothing of divorce, so I am not sure what your point is here.
I'm saying the trends will be the same. Marriage does not carry the weight it once did, sadly.

I think marriage is great. But I already made the monogamous choice before marriage. Gays could do the same.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#101908 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't offended. I hope you aren't offended by proxy baptisms. As I've explained before, they have the option to choose for themselves.
Who is "they?" The dead people?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text> People often think that we are baptizing the dead into the Mormon church. That isn't the case. They still have free will.
The dead still have free will??!! LOLOLOL!
I'm sure they would be happy to hear that.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101909 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The only two stories I've ever heard was someone had sex with a monkey (which I doubt) and that someone was doing tests with monkeys and got injured and somehow swapped blood with a primate. Either way, man is to blame.
OR a random African person was walking in the Congo jungle in the 1950s, minding his own business and gathering food let's say, and got attacked/bitten by an ape, narrowly escaping. Contracted a mutated strain of SIV. Passed onto others. Either way, stating "man is to blame" as if it is fact is completely ignorant.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#101910 Apr 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I was first hand witness to the second one. What other evidence do you require?
I know a guy that is absolutely convinced he was taken on board a alien spacecraft, had test ran on him and has witnessed 5 separate alien spacecraft land and aliens get out.....

Should I take his word for it?

Evidence must Always be Verifiable by non biased people, Testable by non biased people and reproducible to non biased people....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101911 Apr 30, 2013
ScienceProves wrote:
<quoted text>
Often times, however, there's huge differences between acts of FAITH, and psychological delusions.
"Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there".
Often times? Rarely.
Often times, there is no difference whatsoever between acts of FAITH and psychological delusions.
Often times "Just because you don't see it, it's because it isn't there."

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101912 Apr 30, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole mess started in the Garden of Eden with Satan's lie. Adam and Eve plunged the whole human race into sin and death. If God intervened to correct the problems caused by Satan it would appear that Satan and God are in kohoots. God will not allow Satan to have control of the earth indefinate! Revelation 21:3,4 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4&#8239;And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
This dogmatic drivel has nothing to do with HIV being transmitted to humans. It is not a moral issue, it is a medical one - not that a JW is likely to have any clear understanding of the difference.

Location hidden

#101913 Apr 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you failed to use the logic of Islam? It is not your logic, so you surely passed it over by testing it with human logic.
And yes, I am using sarcasm to show your logic of god having different logic is illogical.

Did I say their could not be a god? No, so why do you assume that is what I think? Show me evidence of a creator god first, then judge to see if I am just hubris.

I tried to use the example of Zeus to your questions to me, but for some reason you see no connection.

BTW, I think their are lots of things and people that are greater than myself. So tell me again just what I said that leads you to conclude pride is a problem with me?
I told you that I have received a testimony that Jesus is the Son of God. This is contrary to Muslim teaching. Therefore I can conclude that it is not the full truth that I seek.

Evidence is all around you. To me it is sad that people believe that the complexities of the galaxy, or even the human body, or any creature, happened by chance with no intervention from a superior creator.

For you to reject this, and demean others that have found faith, this to me is a recipe for pride that blinds you from finding God.

Location hidden

#101914 Apr 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>You use a crutch. You need it for some reason.
an invisible friend.

You need not question my sanity. I assure you I am well grounded and do very well in my career, family, and social life. The fact that I believe in God makes me no less sane.

I don't "need" to believe in God. I believe because of my experiences with Him.

Location hidden

#101915 Apr 30, 2013
Entomology wrote:
<quoted text>Kind of like saying haven't you ever heard of a tarantulla eating it's young?

Except one's an insect, as in not human.
Yeah I meant this totally to be funny, to lighten the mood. I figured everyone remembered the light hearted reference. I never dreamed it would carry on as a serious statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville High School 2 hr lolol 6
Carla davis 3 hr Confused 14
Margret west clean up Darren's mess 3 hr Darren west 2
Brett Ledford 3 hr Info 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 370
Does anyone know Deana Hale 6 hr Jack jack 1
laptops 4 sale 6 hr travis 4
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST

NBC Sports12:49PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 2:30 PM
Titans Release Veteran LB Phillips
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Titans release Shaun Phillips, place Brian Schwenke on injured reserve
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?