Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
97,201 - 97,220 of 130,453 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In miracles alone I have given you two occurrences where God helped someone. One in the case of reattaching an ear in less than 36 hours which cannot be explained medically. And another of a person going from cancer stricken to cancer free in less than two weeks. It is extremely unlikely this could happen by itself.
No, you have given one example of hearsay being taken as fact and another of a simple misdiagnosis. That is all you have.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There wouldn't have been a Utah, or a Salt Lake City as we know it without Brigham. Like it or not
So you're basically saying that there wouldn't be a Washington state if there was no chief Seattle.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Responding to Tragedy
Sunday, April 28, 2013

During these troubled times, itís only natural to seek proper guidance and comfort. When we approach the Father of compassion, He will reveal how we should respond to natural, intentional and personal tragedies and how we can deal with others and ourselves in the midst of it all. In this sermon, Dr. Stanley offers a systematic approach for responding to tragedy.

http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/video-archiv...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental and Physical exercise are highly recommended'
Between you and I,
You recently quoted me some odds,regarding the coincidental possibilities of separate events taking plave on the same day..
I asked you ,if you could provide me with the odds of several other coimcidences which,I mentioned...
I am curious as to what those odds might be.
Did you figure out the Odds?
Did you forget to respond?
OR
Were you unable to come up with an answer?
I didn't see whatever it was you posted. You'll have to re-post it.

But I refer you to this reply because it sums it up nicely:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...

As the other poster said, even the craziest coincidences are more likely to be true if they are possible than the idea of a super powered being.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He said it to a room full of people that followed Him before the crucifixion, while He was standing there as a resurrected being. They watched Him die and then He stood before them again. Yeah, that matters.
He told Thomas that he believed only because he saw.
This matters because He wasn't trying to convince them to believe. They had proof at that point.
That is a story in a book. It defies the natural way of things that we have observed for as long as we have been observing things at all. When people die and are dead for three days they *do not* come back. Ever.

Unless all experience for the entire long stretch of human existence is wrong. In which case even the treasured ideas you believe in are just as suspect as anything else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is interesting that even though He isn't mentioned by name, several documents mention a man that fits His accomplishments. The Dead Sea Scrolls interest me quite a bit on the matter.
I'm fascinated by that stuff too. I like studying Bible scholars because it is archeology and history. I really enjoy reading about ancient cultures and how they came to be, how they went away, etc. So Biblical stuff is of course part of that body of information.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No I can't say that's how AIDS was transmitted.
Why I laughed about monogamy: they don't need marriage to be monogamous. That's a choice they could make at any time.
I would never suggest someone not go to a doctor. Like my man on the roof story, I believe God works through people. I believe we should pray for God to guide the doctor in his decisions, but still certainly go to the doctor. You do not need to lump me with the "nutcases" you described. I would never recommend not seeking medical attention. We take our kids to the doctor for silly little things sometimes.
No I do not claim to have magic powers. But I do hold the Melchisidek Priesthood (or Holy Priesthood). The same priesthood that Jesus passed to His apostles and told them to go out and heal others as they saw Him do. According to my faith and worthiness to use the priesthood, and according to the faith of the individual that requests a blessing, miracles can happen. And it happens all the time. The power and blessings come from God, not us. We are merely the vessel used for that person in need. We can do nothing for ourselves with the priesthood. I have been a part of several blessings that changed the course of people's lives and sometimes their medical condition.
Therefore I believe in miracles. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ. And I believe He leads my church. I am happy to share my experiences with others. I don't expect all to believe me.
1) You have some shred of reason. Many people do not. If you go around telling people that prayers can cure cancer there are going to be foolish people who will shun medicine and just trust in God. Those people will die. Therefore it is dangerous to make those claims. I have no tolerance for that kind of reckless bullsh*t.

2) You have a title as a magic man. You say words, and sometimes the laws of nature are bent as a result. That is called magic. Name it what you like, rationalize it all day long, but you are calling yourself a wizard who can cast spells.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh no, some date back to 400 BC.
He was described as plain and ordinary, such as not to be desired. Only the ones that were looking out to find Him, believed it was really the messiah. The rest believed He was teaching against the Law of Moses.
I believe that if there is proof there is no need for faith. That is why you will not find "proof" of Jesus Christ. But I do not think it is wise to ignore all the evidence that is available.
There are certainly no documents describing Jesus Christ from 400 years before the man was born. Come on, that was a typo right?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>(A) Let me begin by stating what I know to be a fact;
God ,said in ;
Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
God did not say that I had to rely on Scienctific Experiments or theories in order to know him....
I tested that particular teaching ,as stated in Scriptures and found it to be true.
If either you,or,Science,wants to challenge the validity of what I believe,then they must test it in the same manner as I did.
If you are unable or unwilling to put it to that test,then you are eminently DISQUALIFIED to pass judgement on the results
Any conclusions that you may infer,are based on your opinion,not based on facts..
(B) You are claiming that if I am faced with circumstances for which I don't have a solution I
should keep them to myself and that possibly,eventually some coincidences may occur that may result in a solution to my problem.
HOW this will happen,nobody knows, When it will happen,nobody knows, Why it will happen,nobody knows, Who will cause it to happen,nobody knows,
If it will happen,nobody knows.
To say the least,that process is not very reassuring,there is no method by which one can test it for results, you have never tested it and yet you can vouch for it's results.
Science can neither logically or factually explain every part of the sequence of events that took place in my case.
You and the others,who claim to have given a logical and factual explanation ,did so, based on some inane personal opinions.
I order to claim that your opinions were factually correct,you would have to duplicate the events in question and explain how and why these coincidents occurred,in the manner they did.
On the otter hand , I have tested my method,as taught in Scriptures and what I have found is that,
When I have expressed my problems to God,in prayer, He has responded,as he said He would in Isaiah 65;24
I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!
That He answers prayers immediately was confirmed in the issue relating to my dog,where you conveniently claimed that"time was irrelevant
I was praying at 9;AM and at exactly that same time,9;00AM, the lady was calling me to provide me with the information that,would lead me to my dog,that,in spite of the fact,that she did not believe the dog in question was my dog.
Subsequent prayers have been answered in the same manner.
As I see the problem,you believe that Science is able to provide answers to Spiritual issues.
Science does not posses that ability,therefore you are looking for an answer,where one will not be found.
I am not the cause for your not believing in God,therefore ,that is,your problem,not mine
I believe in God,which I consider a blessing
You are trying to convince me that I should exchange my blessing in order to end up with the problem by which,I believe, you and others are afflicted.
Rest assured that,your unbelief and that of others ,will in no way,weaken my faith
In fact,it has had the opposite effect,something you will not be able to understand
Why was this to me? I don't question your belief. I share it

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No, you have given one example of hearsay being taken as fact and another of a simple misdiagnosis. That is all you have.
No I saw the evidence that would convince anyone.
And I do not think that 2 doctors that are supposed to be in the top 10 in the nation misdiagnosed. But believe as you wish.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
If they habd't made it an issue to start with, it wouldn't now be a (BIG WASTE OF TIME) issue now.
How much time has been wasted by this current admin-on such an already long time been NON-issue.
Just MORE, thirty years behind the times, step backwards to stupidity and regression bullchit.
What next, the "right for women to wear skirts above their knees? 2013!!??"
(rampant ignorance is an ugly thing).
I suppose you think the civil rights thing was a non issue also? You give no reasoning, logic and really do not even have a point. In fact you really did not even point that what issue we are talking about. I was talking about two issues that I feel have some relation. Which one are you talking about?
Gods

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
mom?
How can we help you?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said in bed?"
No, that doesn't at all help address the idea that nobody remembered the first 30 years of Jesus' teachings or that during approximately 3 years of 24/7 teachings only a few pages of actual text were recorded - or that those few pages of text were accurately put to papyrus in the following decades.
Mmmmmmaybe because that's just duhm.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
See I never said that there is NO evidence for my beliefs.
Wheather you say it or not makes it no less true. Their is zero evidence a god exists, a holy ghost speaks to people, that Jesus was a deity, that Moses or Brigham was a prophet, or that most of the claims of the bible ever occurred.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Satan is scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show me dumbass! Yes I know, about IP address'es, proving who is behind a keyboard is the hard part! IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE! Why didn't you just stick to the origional agreement, that you purposed? Does that sound scared, little girl? Ha.
Actually, That would be kind of like getting pulled in for having a suspect car registered in your name, parked in your driveway, based upon verifiable VIN numbers.(attributable to only that car)

Especially if specific actions were taken prior, to "hone in" on that vehicle.

And it's been done, plenty of times.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Wheather you say it or not makes it no less true. Their is zero evidence a god exists, a holy ghost speaks to people, that Jesus was a deity, that Moses or Brigham was a prophet, or that most of the claims of the bible ever occurred.
"Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there".

One of my new favorite quotes lol.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Satan is scared wrote:
<quoted text>
This just came to me! An Internet Provider (IP) is the same for a laptop, pc or Mac and other things, you are really stupid! Hail stupid ass.
That would be the same as simply viewing the records held at the offices of titled motor vehicles, everywhere.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The IP address is the same, but the MAC address is machine specific stupid. Once they get the machine they get finger prints.
And you where so scared you wet your pants.
Work? Not you, you live with your mommy
and don't forget "deletions" can be detected (and more) too!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa I can't let this one slip by. So you think that if gays were allowed to marry, they would be more monogamous? Really?
And no I can't blame God for the transfer of HIV from primates to humans. That was man's fault.
And as I said, as far as curing disease. It has happened through prayer. My own mother n law had cancer twice in two different places. After removal surgeries it popped up in different places. The third time of finding cancer, she did not want any treatment, just removal of the source. She was checked by two different doctors in different hospitals to determine how bad it was spreading.
2 weeks later she was due in for the removal surgery. I and another priesthood holder gave her a blessing. In the blessing I was prompted to tell her that according to her faith, her cancer would be gone and not return.
When the doctor began the surgery, he found nothing to remove. They stopped the surgery and tested her again and there was no trace of cancer. She has been cancer free for 6 years now.
I consider that a miracle as well.
Of course I am sure their is no documentation of this supposed cancer?
People with cancer pray all the time. Most of them die due to cancer, so I see no evidence of prayer actually helping.

So just how did AIDs spread to humans? Contact with monkeys does not mean they had sex. And why did god allow for the monkeys to have the disease in the first place?

What of malaria making so many suffer? How about MS? Are you telling me praying Mormons do not suffer from disease? Or is god just allowing some to suffer?

Do you think marriage helps anyone be monogamous? If so, then it stands to reason homosexuals would have the same result. Unless you just think they are all bad.
ScienceProves

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are interesting but are of absolutely no import in verification of a guy running around called Jesus since they are written 300 to 400 years after his supposed life... Again even the very few mentions of someone that might , maybe fit his later descriptors happened decades after the fact...
Not One mention, not one writing on a crap house wall, not a piece of pottery, not a document has been found after 2000 years of people ripping walls apart to find it has mention of such a person been found during the entirety of his life time...
And we are told that at his birth a star led wise men, animals gathered and all kinds of stuff that if true would have been of note in the local tabloid of the time... So from Birth people knew he was the Son of God, he preformed wondrous things and heal the blind... Yet during his life No One scribbled on a wall "Jesus was here" .. But during that same time frame we find Hundreds of writings, pottery showing sports stars, where the best whore houses are, how much wheat was stored, and all kinds of mundane day to day events memorialized..
Now I'm not saying some preacher guy didn't preach about a religion but at the time no one paid much attention and if he actually existed did nothing worth noting....
There's already a whole book filled with tidbits on Jesus...that has survived antiquity..and you wish to see another one?
Extreme expectations much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min Mitchisahero 1,075
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Reality 151,030
Tommy golden 1 hr one who knows 29
Travis slushpup 4 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 7 hr yep 15
union 9 hr curious 7
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••