Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
97,161 - 97,180 of 128,588 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Satan is scared

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know about IP addresses and MAC addresses do you? Everything can be traced back to your computer.
And I would say that you are the one who is scared, which is all I wanted, you are not worth my time complaining about your threat HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If you were all you claimed, you shold not be a baby! Ohh, the Gaytanic Priest will call the law, if he don't get his way! Do you really sodomize goats? I have to go to bed, since I work! I will respond to your stupidity later! Goat man!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no translation with this instance.
Brigham did a lot of great things for the church and the country.
I guess you could argue that - except for all intents and purposes, "the church" was his property and "the country" was Deseret, of course.
Satan is scared

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know about IP addresses and MAC addresses do you? Everything can be traced back to your computer.
And I would say that you are the one who is scared, which is all I wanted, you are not worth my time complaining about your threat HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This just came to me! An Internet Provider (IP) is the same for a laptop, pc or Mac and other things, you are really stupid! Hail stupid ass.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you have presented none, no one has presented any. Thus it is safe to assume no evidence exists.
There are a couple holy rollers that don't appear to be bright enough to find their mouths with a platter full of Spaghetti-o's, yet they live. Doesn't that count? On the other hand, kab hasn't been struck by lightening yet - or at least not mortally....

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Satan is scared wrote:
<quoted text>
This just came to me! An Internet Provider (IP) is the same for a laptop, pc or Mac and other things, you are really stupid! Hail stupid ass.
Every slight bit of credibility you may have built by semi-coherently pointing out how any legal action would be unlikely was just lost by you acting like you know something about the internet. You sound like an 80 year old woman. Stop. Go read a book and find out what IP and MAC are. Both can be spoofed, sure, but you don't even know what they are, so you clearly aren't doing that. You could definitely be found if somebody wanted to find you.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Satan is scared wrote:
<quoted text>
The IP address is the same, but the MAC address is machine specific stupid. Once they get the machine they get finger prints.
And you where so scared you wet your pants.
Work? Not you, you live with your mommy

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Every slight bit of credibility you may have built by semi-coherently pointing out how any legal action would be unlikely was just lost by you acting like you know something about the internet. You sound like an 80 year old woman. Stop. Go read a book and find out what IP and MAC are. Both can be spoofed, sure, but you don't even know what they are, so you clearly aren't doing that. You could definitely be found if somebody wanted to find you.
The most important part of your post was buried in the middle and both of them are likely to miss it.

"Stop."

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thanks again for reminding me I'm nothing like you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>The bible does say that, I agree. Let say a person has no good works his whole life and on his death bed he repents and accepts Jesus. Will he be accepted by God, according to your understanding?
Totally depends. If he person committed these sins with the intention of repenting at the last minute, then he didn't really repent.
If he had no knowledge of Jesus or that his actions were sins, then he would most likely be forgiven, kinda like Ninevah. God gave them a second chance because they didn't know the things they did were evil. We are judged on our knowledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So far you have presented none, no one has presented any. Thus it is safe to assume no evidence exists.
In miracles alone I have given you two occurrences where God helped someone. One in the case of reattaching an ear in less than 36 hours which cannot be explained medically. And another of a person going from cancer stricken to cancer free in less than two weeks. It is extremely unlikely this could happen by itself.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally depends. If he person committed these sins with the intention of repenting at the last minute, then he didn't really repent.
If he had no knowledge of Jesus or that his actions were sins, then he would most likely be forgiven, kinda like Ninevah. God gave them a second chance because they didn't know the things they did were evil. We are judged on our knowledge.
Those who spread the apostasy and heretic teachings need not repent because they have knowledge of Jesus they think is accurate?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many references about Him from different sources for me to not believe He lived. But I believe He is the Son of God because I asked in prayer and received an answer from the Holy Ghost. Other than that, I have no proof. Only faith.
There are scant few references to Jesus outside the New Testament. I thin only two or three at the most, and some of those are not accepted by most scholars as being genuine.

Still, I'm not on the bandwagon against historical Jesus. I don't have a strong opinion either way as I don't think either side has a case closed argument. If I was FORCED to pick a side I'd say he was not a real person or that he is based on several different people. But I usually don't make the argument either way.

I can't argue with your faith. I can argue that what you felt was not a ghost, but an emotion. I can argue that the burning sensation in your chest is something a lot of people feel about other religions, or none at all. But I can't argue with faith as faith is not a position of reason, but of subjective emotion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>"Jesus said in bed?"
No, that doesn't at all help address the idea that nobody remembered the first 30 years of Jesus' teachings or that during approximately 3 years of 24/7 teachings only a few pages of actual text were recorded - or that those few pages of text were accurately put to papyrus in the following decades. I'm going to stick with the observation that more Christians worship a book and the fabrications of church doctrine (ie.. "trinity," "salvation," "lake of fire," and assorted other tripe) than the actual concept of God that Jesus was familiar with.(Not that it is any better.)
I said "like" the in bed thing.

You need to remember that most of His followers were poor people. And His apostles gave up everything they had and left to follow Him. They didn't bring belongings. And everything they had, had to be carried around everywhere they went. They rarely rested during His ministry. They didn't take the time to try to write everything at the moment it happened. They spent most of that time trying to figure out what He was doing or what He was going to do next. When He left, they spent the rest of their days telling people what happened. And this was under persecution and constant threat of death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you could argue that - except for all intents and purposes, "the church" was his property and "the country" was Deseret, of course.
One example, the railway to the west would have taken decades longer had he not stopped work on the temple to help complete it. You know the picture of the crew with the golden spike? Most of them were Mormon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Neural networks are a very fascinating study, the biological ones are interesting, but oh so inefficient, considering that our life spans have only recently increased beyond a few decades. The funny thing is how simple the brain actually is, it's not nearly as complex as some people want to believe it is, but it's simplicity is also it's strength, and thus why it's capable of being adaptive. You could actually take a human brain and rewrite the neural network to function exactly like our computers, of course there needs to be a way to keep the brain from degrading on death before that could ever actually happen.
What do you think of the Hard Problem of Consciousness? Can a human brain possibly be "uploaded" to a computer? In other words, can consciousness itself be created?

Is Strong AI possible?

I think that's a super fascinating topic. And I think yes, it is possible. Though I'm not a hardcore believer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa I can't let this one slip by. So you think that if gays were allowed to marry, they would be more monogamous? Really?
And no I can't blame God for the transfer of HIV from primates to humans. That was man's fault.
And as I said, as far as curing disease. It has happened through prayer. My own mother n law had cancer twice in two different places. After removal surgeries it popped up in different places. The third time of finding cancer, she did not want any treatment, just removal of the source. She was checked by two different doctors in different hospitals to determine how bad it was spreading.
2 weeks later she was due in for the removal surgery. I and another priesthood holder gave her a blessing. In the blessing I was prompted to tell her that according to her faith, her cancer would be gone and not return.
When the doctor began the surgery, he found nothing to remove. They stopped the surgery and tested her again and there was no trace of cancer. She has been cancer free for 6 years now.
I consider that a miracle as well.
Regarding AIDs, I need to read up on it but I'm not sure what you're suggesting about the monkey thing. I hope you aren't suggesting that someone boinked a monkey and got AIDS because I seriously doubt that is what happened.

Marriage would make gays more or less as monogamous as anyone else. Men are probably more prone to fooling around in general, so two men being married might have a higher risk of infidelity. But two women might have a smaller risk. So once again gender is irrelevant to marriage.

And religion is also irrelevant to marriage, but that is another topic.

What strikes me about your post is the cancer story. It is an incredibly DANGEROUS way to believe. What you describe as a miracle is called an outlier, statistically. And going around claiming that you have magic powers to heal people is a way of giving people a reason to avoid normal treatment.

It is foolish and dangerous and it is the sort of thing you should not be doing, ever.

Check the news regularly and you will find stories of nutcase religious families who shun doctors and kill their kids because of it. Not just one or two stories over time, but several every year. Since 2012 I can remember just by coincidence of hearing about them 3 different news stories about kids who died at home in pain because mom and dad believed in the power of prayer and miracles.

It's reckless bullshit and you should be ashamed for believing it and spreading it.

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why you believe Christians from all denominations will go to heaven? What about the nation of Israel that deny Jesus is the messiah?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Those who spread the apostasy and heretic teachings need not repent because they have knowledge of Jesus they think is accurate?
Can you explain your question? I don't follow

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Both atheist and Mormon were being treated for terminal cancer. The atheist received no blessing or prayer to God to be healed. The atheist lives and is cancer free after multiple treatments. The Mormon dies from cancer even after having a blessing and fellow Mormons prayers in supplication to Jesus to save him.

What reason would God allow the Mormon to die and the atheist to live?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>There are scant few references to Jesus outside the New Testament. I thin only two or three at the most, and some of those are not accepted by most scholars as being genuine.

Still, I'm not on the bandwagon against historical Jesus. I don't have a strong opinion either way as I don't think either side has a case closed argument. If I was FORCED to pick a side I'd say he was not a real person or that he is based on several different people. But I usually don't make the argument either way.

I can't argue with your faith. I can argue that what you felt was not a ghost, but an emotion. I can argue that the burning sensation in your chest is something a lot of people feel about other religions, or none at all. But I can't argue with faith as faith is not a position of reason, but of subjective emotion.
I think it is interesting that even though He isn't mentioned by name, several documents mention a man that fits His accomplishments. The Dead Sea Scrolls interest me quite a bit on the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,193
Crystal Gray 46 min Let me know 3
just seen what goin on 51 min huh 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr terri 26,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr shew 1,014
Stivers Center fixes 5 hr City Slicker 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••