Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIs

London, KY

#101697 Apr 29, 2013
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>Is that something like a proposition? Aw man what a FAIL!! HeHe!
:-)
TruthIs

London, KY

#101698 Apr 29, 2013
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>Is that something like a proposition? Aw man what a FAIL!! HeHe!
And congratulations to you, on your creation of a complete sentence!!!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101699 Apr 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
1)You do not believe in God,so therefore,you are unable to accept or understand the possibility that God,in fact,does exist.
No, stupid. No. Stop making bullshit strawmen and drawing illogical conclusions from them.
We have no evidence for the existence of God, but I will believe once evidence is supplied. The bar is set no higher or lower than with any other thing we have no evidence for.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You stated
;No matter how remote the probability of something occurring, so long as it CAN occur through circumstances describable by science, it is still an infinitely more likely cause than God"
That is your opinion,not a proven fact.
No. That IS fact. You cannot determine a probability for something that we have no proof of existing being the cause of an event. What is the probability that Frosty the snowman made your alarm clock go off this morning? Is it not infinitely more likely that it happened through a circumstance describable by science?
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not able to explain,why or how ,the events in question occurred,other than to claim,as you did,that my mind deceived me,
not only then,but on many subsequent events that took place afterwards
An opinion for which you nor Science can provide any factual evidence,nor are qualified to comment on,since you did not experience them.
Science doesn't have to prove exactly what happened. All that matters is that you can logically and factually explain every part of the sequence of events. I did so. I showed how each thing could happen based on things we already know. I don't have to "prove" that it DID happen that way. The only alternative is that a being we have no proof exists did it magically. I soundly stomped all over the alternative "hypothesis". Highly probable, based on actual fact, and not contradicting what we know will ALWAYS win over highly improbably, based on imagination, and contradicting essentially all we know.

And it's not my problem if you're too indoctrinated to realize how the process works. I'm not the one making you look brain damaged.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not able to prove God's existence,only God can do that.
That objective can not be reached through man made experiments or man made theories.
If ye diligently seek me ,you will find me,,,,
Try that,and if it fails,then you will be better qualified to express your opinion on that subject.
If it succeeds,you will gladly admit that you were wrong.
Oh, so God can never be proven through science? Darn. How terribly inconvenient for my position. And yours, too, since science works on anything that physically affects the universe to a degree that can be observed and quantified. I guess I'll have to deal with only having medicine, computers, space travel, and all those other things that science provides. And you can go on believing in the existence of a God that has absolutely no measurable impact on the existence that we live in.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd climb in the boat and be grateful to God and the man who saved me.
Good. I'm glad that you aren't irrational to the point of being dangerous (unlike those nutjobs that did not seek medical assistance for two sick children, who then died). I'll take displays of intelligence where I can get them. Though I still think you are delusional in your amazingly low standards of proof for certain things.
I heard an interesting quote recently, and I think it probably applies to you:
"Smart people are very good at rationalizing things they came to believe for non-smart reasons."
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
My moral compass and codes of ethics is/are just fine. Not one thing broken about them.
If you support the restrictions of the rights of a group of people different than you, they ARE broken. I don't care what you think. Every non-bigot agrees with me.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101700 Apr 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, stupid. No. Stop making bullshit strawmen and drawing illogical conclusions from them.
We have no evidence for the existence of God, but I will believe once evidence is supplied. The bar is set no higher or lower than with any other thing we have no evidence for.
curious wrote, "<quoted text>
You stated
;No matter how remote the probability of something occurring, so long as it CAN occur through circumstances describable by science, it is still an infinitely more likely cause than God"
That is your opinion,not a proven fact.
"

No. That IS fact. You cannot determine a probability for something that we have no proof of existing being the cause of an event. What is the probability that Frosty the snowman made your alarm clock go off this morning? Is it not infinitely more likely that it happened through a circumstance describable by science?
Science is not able to explain,why or how ,the events in question occurred,other than to claim,as you did,that my mind deceived me,
not only then,but on many subsequent events that took place afterwards
An opinion for which you nor Science can provide any factual evidence,nor are qualified to comment on,since you did not experience them.
"

Science doesn't have to prove exactly what happened. All that matters is that you can logically and factually explain every part of the sequence of events. I did so. I showed how each thing could happen based on things we already know. I don't have to "prove" that it DID happen that way. The only alternative is that a being we have no proof exists did it magically. I soundly stomped all over the alternative "hypothesis". Highly probable, based on actual fact, and not contradicting what we know will ALWAYS win over highly improbably, based on imagination, and contradicting essentially all we know.

And it's not my problem if you're too indoctrinated to realize how the process works. I'm not the one making you look brain damaged.
Science is not able to prove God's existence,only God can do that.
That objective can not be reached through man made experiments or man made theories.
If ye diligently seek me ,you will find me,,,,
Try that,and if it fails,then you will be better qualified to express your opinion on that subject.
If it succeeds,you will gladly admit that you were wrong.
"

Oh, so God can never be proven through science? Darn. How terribly inconvenient for my position. And yours, too, since science works on anything that physically affects the universe to a degree that can be observed and quantified. I guess I'll have to deal with only having medicine, computers, space travel, and all those other things that science provides. And you can go on believing in the existence of a God that has absolutely no measurable impact on the existence that we live in.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I'd climb in the boat and be grateful to God and the man who saved me. "

Good. I'm glad that you aren't irrational to the point of being dangerous (unlike those nutjobs that did not seek medical assistance for two sick children, who then died). I'll take displays of intelligence where I can get them. Though I still think you are delusional in your amazingly low standards of proof for certain things.
I heard an interesting quote recently, and I think it probably applies to you:
"Smart people are very good at rationalizing things they came to believe for non-smart reasons."
TruthIs wrote, "<quoted text>
My moral compass and codes of ethics is/are just fine. Not one thing broken about them."

If you support the restrictions of the rights of a group of people different than you, they ARE broken. I don't care what you think. Every non-bigot agrees with me.
I've been called much worse than delusional. Carry on

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#101701 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again.
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101702 Apr 29, 2013
Someone bump laughing suit, his record seems to be stuck. Pete and Repeat sat on a log ,, Pete fell off , who's left. LOL (in a suit) REPEAT
TruthIs

London, KY

#101703 Apr 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>

Like I stated, mine are fine.
I don't mess with anyones or groups rights-but I am one that also expects others not to mess with MY rights. And I certain any sane person would agree with me.

Roseville, CA

#101704 Apr 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text> Hiya Spaceship, good to see ya.
Howdy LOL, you also.

Roseville, CA

#101705 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no. You apparently have not been reading. One must do more than just believe. Faith without works is dead.
The bible does say that, I agree. Let say a person has no good works his whole life and on his death bed he repents and accepts Jesus. Will he be accepted by God, according to your understanding?
Satan is scared

Johnson City, TN

#101706 Apr 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I took a screen shot of your death threat in case Topix erases it. i did report this criminal activity and I will be following up tomorrow with the proper authorities.
A hate crime across the states is a federal crime.
Death threats like this are serious crimes, hope that you get along good with big Bubba
Why thats just crazy! I intended to invite you to church, have you lost your mind? Why are you so scared? You wanted my address, and one could presume that was a threat; but now you are scared? I don't get it? How could you imagine a hate crime, since you profess so much hate for people who belive in God, is that not a hate crime? I just offered you help, and now you are so scared! So sad, so very sad! HAHAHAHA. At least now you have proven yourself!
Satan is scared

Johnson City, TN

#101707 Apr 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Putting a death threat in writing on the Internet? Not too smart are you? Enjoy jail
Yea I am smart! A random post from an unknown to an unknown is topix trash, nothing more! Had I named a real person, and myself, still doubtfull! Just more of your talk, and that is all you are! That was the point I was trying to prove, IT IS NOW PROVEN! I won't be going to jail, but your ass is done! AS I PLANED IT! Coward.
No Rules

United States

#101708 Apr 29, 2013
There r no guidelines or rules for teaching evolution why should there be for teaching the Bible

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101709 Apr 29, 2013
Satan is scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I am smart! A random post from an unknown to an unknown is topix trash, nothing more! Had I named a real person, and myself, still doubtfull! Just more of your talk, and that is all you are! That was the point I was trying to prove, IT IS NOW PROVEN! I won't be going to jail, but your ass is done! AS I PLANED IT! Coward.
You do not know about IP addresses and MAC addresses do you? Everything can be traced back to your computer.
And I would say that you are the one who is scared, which is all I wanted, you are not worth my time complaining about your threat HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101710 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
See I never said that there is NO evidence for my beliefs.
So far you have presented none, no one has presented any. Thus it is safe to assume no evidence exists.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101711 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus said" is much shorter, and since believers believe that the Bible is accurate for the most part (I say that because I do not believe it is devoid of error), it seems redundant to say this.
Feel free to interpret it that way though, I fully understand why. Think of it as adding "in bed" to each fortune in a cookie. We don't mind if you add that phrase on to "Jesus said" in your mind.
"Jesus said in bed?"
No, that doesn't at all help address the idea that nobody remembered the first 30 years of Jesus' teachings or that during approximately 3 years of 24/7 teachings only a few pages of actual text were recorded - or that those few pages of text were accurately put to papyrus in the following decades. I'm going to stick with the observation that more Christians worship a book and the fabrications of church doctrine (ie.. "trinity," "salvation," "lake of fire," and assorted other tripe) than the actual concept of God that Jesus was familiar with.(Not that it is any better.)
Satan is scared

Johnson City, TN

#101712 Apr 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know about IP addresses and MAC addresses do you? Everything can be traced back to your computer.
And I would say that you are the one who is scared, which is all I wanted, you are not worth my time complaining about your threat HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Please show me dumbass! Yes I know, about IP address'es, proving who is behind a keyboard is the hard part! IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE! Why didn't you just stick to the origional agreement, that you purposed? Does that sound scared, little girl? Ha.
Satan is scared

Johnson City, TN

#101713 Apr 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not know about IP addresses and MAC addresses do you? Everything can be traced back to your computer.
If you were all you claimed, you shold not be a baby! Ohh, the Gaytanic Priest will call the law, if he don't get his way! Do you really sodomize goats? I have to go to bed, since I work! I will respond to your stupidity later! Goat man!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101714 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no translation with this instance.
Brigham did a lot of great things for the church and the country.
I guess you could argue that - except for all intents and purposes, "the church" was his property and "the country" was Deseret, of course.
Satan is scared

Johnson City, TN

#101715 Apr 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
This just came to me! An Internet Provider (IP) is the same for a laptop, pc or Mac and other things, you are really stupid! Hail stupid ass.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101716 Apr 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you have presented none, no one has presented any. Thus it is safe to assume no evidence exists.
There are a couple holy rollers that don't appear to be bright enough to find their mouths with a platter full of Spaghetti-o's, yet they live. Doesn't that count? On the other hand, kab hasn't been struck by lightening yet - or at least not mortally....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chamges to Topix? 12 min Archangel Oger 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 58 min Jay 155,437
Stealing from child's grave 2 hr gimme a nickle 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Truth 7,184
Marica 1015 3 hr Looker 1
barbourville utitlities ripoff 5 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 5 hr former ho 5

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]