Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
97,121 - 97,140 of 129,040 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that would seem to be most consistent with which theory of the fate of the universe I think is probably more likely. But I've honestly not put a lot of thought into it.
I understand. Thanks.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I spread rapidly in part due to president Reagan ignoring it due to the false idea it was a homosexual only problem.
Also if homosexuals were allowed to marry they would be more likely to be in monogamous relationships. Thus it would be spread less quickly.
Either way, let god off the hook for doing nothing is akin to watching a drowning baby and doing nothing. If you have the power to do something and you do nothing, then you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
So what of malaria, MS and cancer? The list is long and help from god is short. You claim he helped some kid with an ear, yet billions suffer of these incurable afflictions. Sorry but that just does not sound fair. So if god is not fair, it stands to reason the god is not even real as god is claimed to be so darn good.
This is how my logic works, and I cannot just forgo that.
Whoa I can't let this one slip by. So you think that if gays were allowed to marry, they would be more monogamous? Really?

And no I can't blame God for the transfer of HIV from primates to humans. That was man's fault.

And as I said, as far as curing disease. It has happened through prayer. My own mother n law had cancer twice in two different places. After removal surgeries it popped up in different places. The third time of finding cancer, she did not want any treatment, just removal of the source. She was checked by two different doctors in different hospitals to determine how bad it was spreading.
2 weeks later she was due in for the removal surgery. I and another priesthood holder gave her a blessing. In the blessing I was prompted to tell her that according to her faith, her cancer would be gone and not return.
When the doctor began the surgery, he found nothing to remove. They stopped the surgery and tested her again and there was no trace of cancer. She has been cancer free for 6 years now.

I consider that a miracle as well.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
One can then just believe without joining any church according to your answer. Christians that commit horrendous crimes will then be with God too. That may cause some Christians to think crime is no big deal.
Hiya Spaceship, good to see ya.
Hank

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Good adjective huh? <and curtsy>.
I have a preposition for you-how about I LET you build me a bottomless well...and then I LET you fill it full of pebbles, but you have to use a pail with no bottom to do it.
How's that sound to you?
Is that something like a proposition? Aw man what a FAIL!! HeHe!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>On that, you were pretty clear.
But again my problem is, I cannot forgo my logic. I think prophets for over a hundred years ignoring the black question is not a reasonable, plausible possibility. It seems to me no holy ghost is speaking to anyone.
As I keep asking you have yet to answer, just what plausible reason have you to explain why so many Christians are getting different ideas from this holy ghost? Is this ghost that poor at consistency?
You see how my logic does not get past this? It is not about pride, unless you think logic is pride.
Your pride allows you no room for faith. Jesus said if you could have faith as a mustard seed you could move mountains. You have to remember that God does not abide by your logic, nor is he bound by the human mind's limits.

The Holy Ghost is ready to impart knowledge at any time. The reason most Christians will get different answers is because they stop with what is comfortable to them. If they grew up as X denomination (for example), they won't ask much beyond what they were taught and they assume that everyone else is wrong because of what they were taught or what their parents believe. All other denominations will seem weird to them because it is different than what they believed in their youth.
They HG may be answering their prayer but they don't know how to prepare themselves for the answer.
To be honest, growing up in a Protestant church, I was never taught that you could receive an answer. I was taught to pray that it would work out. I never asked a yes or no question and awaited a response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure why it matters who he said it to? Fact is, this is what someone needs to say in order for the masses to believe things that are fake. Note all the religions that you think are fake. They use the same sort of propaganda techniques. Coincidence?
He said it to a room full of people that followed Him before the crucifixion, while He was standing there as a resurrected being. They watched Him die and then He stood before them again. Yeah, that matters.
He told Thomas that he believed only because he saw.
This matters because He wasn't trying to convince them to believe. They had proof at that point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing as how Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, maybe it is in a lost book and your prophets do not think it is important to ask the holy ghost?
No he referenced the evil in Sodom and Gomorrah. Where do you think the word sodomy came from?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Well there are levels, the big guy at the top tosses obstacles down for you to over come as you climb to the next level, each level is a little harder to reach than the last.... Are you sure?
I'm sure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>But it took over a hundred years to translate the one about black people? I think we could have fared better without the help of prophet Brigham. Why does your church still put him on a pedestal?
There was no translation with this instance.

Brigham did a lot of great things for the church and the country.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I also enjoy reading a good book and taking long walks on the beach.
Mental and Physical exercise are highly recommended'

Between you and I,

You recently quoted me some odds,regarding the coincidental possibilities of separate events taking plave on the same day..

I asked you ,if you could provide me with the odds of several other coimcidences which,I mentioned...
I am curious as to what those odds might be.

Did you figure out the Odds?
Did you forget to respond?
OR
Were you unable to come up with an answer?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thanks again.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course this is what Jesus says, as it is textbook propaganda for making people believe stuff that is fake.
Does anyone else find it annoying when the claim is made, "Jesus said..." when what they are actually stating is that "The Bible I read says Jesus said...."

Or perhaps it is even more valid to say, "The Bible I faithfully worship says that Jesus said...."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone else find it annoying when the claim is made, "Jesus said..." when what they are actually stating is that "The Bible I read says Jesus said...."

Or perhaps it is even more valid to say, "The Bible I faithfully worship says that Jesus said...."
"Jesus said" is much shorter, and since believers believe that the Bible is accurate for the most part (I say that because I do not believe it is devoid of error), it seems redundant to say this.
Feel free to interpret it that way though, I fully understand why. Think of it as adding "in bed" to each fortune in a cookie. We don't mind if you add that phrase on to "Jesus said" in your mind.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental and Physical exercise are highly recommended'
Between you and I,
You recently quoted me some odds,regarding the coincidental possibilities of separate events taking plave on the same day..
I asked you ,if you could provide me with the odds of several other coimcidences which,I mentioned...
I am curious as to what those odds might be.
Did you figure out the Odds?
Did you forget to respond?
OR
Were you unable to come up with an answer?
Stop thinking you're clever and read carefully:
No matter how remote the probability of something occurring, so long as it CAN occur through circumstances describable by science, it is still an infinitely more likely cause than God. God does not even logically enter the discussion. And, in fact, if something happened that you think could NOT have occurred through circumstances describable by science, there is an almost infinite probability that you have bad information concerning the event. And for the final case, if something happened that you think could NOT have occurred through circumstances describable by science, and you have conclusive, examinable, and defensible evidence to support this claim, supply it (with the recognition that a lack of ability for known phenomena to produce the result is NOT support for the conclusion that God did it).
That last one has yet to happen here.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how remote the probability of something occurring, so long as it CAN occur through circumstances describable by science, it is still an infinitely more likely cause than God. God does not even logically enter the discussion. And, in fact, if something happened that you think could NOT have occurred through circumstances describable by science, there is an almost infinite probability that you have bad information concerning the event. And for the final case, if something happened that you think could NOT have occurred through circumstances describable by science, and you have conclusive, examinable, and defensible evidence to support this claim, supply it (with the recognition that a lack of ability for known phenomena to produce the result is NOT support for the conclusion that God did it).
The question was not addressed to you,but,since you decided to respond;
1)You do not believe in God,so therefore,you are unable to accept or understand the possibility that God,in fact,does exist.
You stated
;No matter how remote the probability of something occurring, so long as it CAN occur through circumstances describable by science, it is still an infinitely more likely cause than God"
That is your opinion,not a proven fact.

Science is not able to explain,why or how ,the events in question occurred,other than to claim,as you did,that my mind deceived me,
not only then,but on many subsequent events that took place afterwards
An opinion for which you nor Science can provide any factual evidence,nor are qualified to comment on,since you did not experience them.
Science is not able to prove God's existence,only God can do that.
That objective can not be reached through man made experiments or man made theories.

If ye diligently seek me ,you will find me,,,,

Try that,and if it fails,then you will be better qualified to express your opinion on that subject.
If it succeeds,you will gladly admit that you were wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
I prefer to not be the man on the roof. God can and most if the time, works through other people to accomplish His will.

Some of you have heard this joke:

A man climbed onto his roof as the waters rose. He prayed earnestly for God to save him from this flood.
Later a boat drove by and they told him to jump in and they'd get him to dry land. He replied no, that God would save him. So they passed by.
Another boat came by and coaxed him to get in but he replied the same.
Once the water had almost consumed his home, a helicopter flew over and lowered a ladder. The man yelled that he didn't need it, that God would save him.
Later at the pearly gates after the man drowned, he asked God "why didn't you save me, I believed you would save me?"
God replied "I sent two boats and a helicopter. What else would you have me do?"

So anyway, I don't want to be the man on the roof saying "no, I won't get in the boat. My rescue must be in a manner that is totally illogical and cannot be proven by science, or mistaken for coincidence."

I'd climb in the boat and be grateful to God and the man who saved me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
I responded because I assumed this was to me. I still can't see who you are replying to for some reason. It only happens with you and it had always shown yours before, so I don't have a clue why it doesn't anymore for just your responses.
So if this wasn't meant for me, sorry.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Get back to me,When you have tried to find God,according to HIS instructions..
Otherwise,don't bother,as nothing will be accomplished
mom

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

god

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr Bville resident 13
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Curmudgeon 147,246
Teresa Johnson and Rex 5 hr wondering 5
john sowders 5 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 5 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Gfm 81,565
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Jack 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000