Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,438

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#101616 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there are levels in heaven. We attain the level that we earned while on earth. Those that follow Jesus will be in His presence after death.
One can then just believe without joining any church according to your answer. Christians that commit horrendous crimes will then be with God too. That may cause some Christians to think crime is no big deal.
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101617 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to forgo those, just your pride.
Ask them again by all means. One at a time. Lets do this again.
I must say I have to admire your patience!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#101618 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that faith and reason are mutually exclusive. I have faith, but I still try to figure out how it all works out together.
But I have never denied that I have faith rather than proof of anything. I have presented evidence of a miracle. The Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran, and Dead Sea Scrolls are all evidence that Jesus Christ existed and influenced millions.
But please, continue to try to discredit Joseph, Jesus, and Moses, or other prophets. I enjoy the conversation.
This is an aside, but proving that Jesus lived and was influential does not offer any support for the claim that he was divine or rose from the dead.

I'm sort of agnostic on the historicity of Jesus personally. I don't see much compelling reason to believe or disbelieve that such a person lived.

Its the magic parts that I find unbelievable.

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#101619 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe there are levels in heaven. We attain the level that we earned while on earth. Those that follow Jesus will be in His presence after death.
I like the way you debate without resorting to tons of scripture to support your views. You are among the few Christians who debate well and defend your faith without coming unglued.

Do you train members of your church to prepare them for their two year ministry?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101620 Apr 28, 2013
Anton lavey wrote:
Hey Gatanic, what did I say on my deathbed?
Nothing, he was not able to speak. There is a video of this but I am sure that you are going to tell some lie.
But what does Lavey have to do with anything? I do not follow Lavey

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101621 Apr 28, 2013
Anton lavey wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one want's to here your shit, COWARD! I can arrange for you to be sure if God or Satan exist! Would you like to know for sure? I bet you would! Quit being a sissy and show me how POWERFULL you are! HAHAHAHAHA!
Putting a death threat in writing on the Internet? Not too smart are you? Enjoy jail
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#101622 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one that believes the Bible is inerrant. Men have taken books out of what should have been included in the canon. Men interpreted the scriptures to derive a trinitarian belief. Men interpreted the nature of God as well.
So I believe the Bible so far as it is translated correctly.
There are so many more scriptures that tell us that Jesus and the Father are not the same individual.
I'm still waiting for you to tell us---who decides what is translated correctly and what is not! As far as the trinitarian belief it started with Roman Emporer Constintine in about 300 AD and cannot be supported by the Bible.
Would you like to list the books that have been taken out of what should be included in the canon? And please don't tell me one of them is the book of Moses---I've already been there!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101623 Apr 28, 2013
Anton lavey wrote:
<quoted text>
And no one want's to here your shit, COWARD! I can arrange for you to be sure if God or Satan exist! Would you like to know for sure? I bet you would! Quit being a sissy and show me how POWERFULL you are! HAHAHAHAHA!
I took a screen shot of your death threat in case Topix erases it. i did report this criminal activity and I will be following up tomorrow with the proper authorities.
A hate crime across the states is a federal crime.
Death threats like this are serious crimes, hope that you get along good with big Bubba

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101624 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, like Donkey Gong?
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101625 Apr 28, 2013
Hate Crime is indeed taken very seriously... So what crime has Anton levey done ? has he murdered you, raped you, physically assaulted you, robbed you? I think you are grasping at straws at best, but if you are willing to invest the time, effort, and $$$ into this , knock yourself out. With that being said, do you actually think the proper authorities will consider this a valid and legit threat that could be acted upon/ in other words, does this person KNOW YOU and know where you live? Do you REALLY FEEL your life is in danger? lol

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101626 Apr 28, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>Either it evolved or God did it. Any insight as to which is true?
Not what I remember being told.

Location hidden

#101627 Apr 28, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>One can then just believe without joining any church according to your answer. Christians that commit horrendous crimes will then be with God too. That may cause some Christians to think crime is no big deal.
Oh no. You apparently have not been reading. One must do more than just believe. Faith without works is dead.

Location hidden

#101628 Apr 28, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>I must say I have to admire your patience!
LOL

Location hidden

#101629 Apr 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>This is an aside, but proving that Jesus lived and was influential does not offer any support for the claim that he was divine or rose from the dead.

I'm sort of agnostic on the historicity of Jesus personally. I don't see much compelling reason to believe or disbelieve that such a person lived.

Its the magic parts that I find unbelievable.
Too many references about Him from different sources for me to not believe He lived. But I believe He is the Son of God because I asked in prayer and received an answer from the Holy Ghost. Other than that, I have no proof. Only faith.

Location hidden

#101630 Apr 28, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>I like the way you debate without resorting to tons of scripture to support your views. You are among the few Christians who debate well and defend your faith without coming unglued.

Do you train members of your church to prepare them for their two year ministry?
Well besides normal Sunday and Wednesday activities that they don't really pay attention to, we try to have a family night once a week.
Then if they decide to go on a mission, they go off to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) to learn what to do and what not to do, as well as start learning the foreign language they will be using if they go somewhere non-native for them. So it could be 2 weeks to 6 weeks depending on the language.

Location hidden

#101631 Apr 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still waiting for you to tell us---who decides what is translated correctly and what is not! As far as the trinitarian belief it started with Roman Emporer Constintine in about 300 AD and cannot be supported by the Bible.
Would you like to list the books that have been taken out of what should be included in the canon? And please don't tell me one of them is the book of Moses---I've already been there!
Have you ever googled the books that are mentioned in the Bible that we no longer have access to? It's a shame we don't have all those.
I think it's like 31

Location hidden

#101632 Apr 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, like Donkey Gong?
Not exactly.

Location hidden

#101633 Apr 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still waiting for you to tell us---who decides what is translated correctly and what is not! As far as the trinitarian belief it started with Roman Emporer Constintine in about 300 AD and cannot be supported by the Bible.
Oh and I agree with you about the Trinity.

Only the Holy Ghost can tell us what had been translated correctly. And yes I believe a prophet would have the ability to correct the errors. Joseph Smith began this work but did not finish it.
Taking a poll

Logan, OH

#101634 Apr 28, 2013
Are we still on target for the rapture???

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101635 Apr 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Yes, so they can see what kind of smut you all worship and avoid your religion like the plague.
So they can understand their culture and literature.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 21 min Hello 61
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 1 hr Quantummist 1
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 3 hr Twilight Ebola 10
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 5 hr Well well 9
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 6 hr remember the teller 41
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 6 hr fixthis 6
Kynect public service announcement 6 hr fixthis 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? 9 hr gator 6
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 13 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating