Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,309

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#101651 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly.
Well there are levels, the big guy at the top tosses obstacles down for you to over come as you climb to the next level, each level is a little harder to reach than the last.... Are you sure?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#101652 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a little illogical and not a very good reason, because anyone with even a shard of an honest bone realizes, the ultimate, underlying reason that that agenda is even being pushed these days, is far more about the materialisTIC agenda, rather than the moral agenda.
Stop lying to yourself, or I shall not be able to "curtsy" back at ya lol.
Why does it matter the reasons, the results would still be more people in monogamous relationships.
When society puts homosexuals in the underground, things will be messy. Let them live as others and you might see them acting like others.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101653 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a little illogical and not a very good reason, because anyone with even a shard of an honest bone realizes, the ultimate, underlying reason that that agenda is even being pushed these days, is far more about the materialisTIC agenda, rather than the moral agenda.
I have yet to see you curtsy. You have some snarky comment on all of your posts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101654 Apr 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I agree with you about the Trinity.
Only the Holy Ghost can tell us what had been translated correctly. And yes I believe a prophet would have the ability to correct the errors. Joseph Smith began this work but did not finish it.
But it took over a hundred years to translate the one about black people? I think we could have fared better without the help of prophet Brigham. Why does your church still put him on a pedestal?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101655 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying just because we might not see something, doesn't mean it isn't happening?
That doesn't make any reasonable sense at all.
CONtrary much?
Jump to conclusions much?
Where did I say "seeing"?

Here's my statement again:
"Accepting something as factual despite there being no evidence in support of it is unreasonable."

I'll let you figure out how stupid your questions was.

Location hidden

#101656 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again-I guess that's what you saying too (after reading the REST of storweepost lol)
Edit--Anything else would be CONtrary!
My apologies. I just now say this retraction (of sorts).

Location hidden

#101657 Apr 29, 2013
edit: I just now "saw" this retraction.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101658 Apr 29, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Radiolab had a great show (which ones aren't great?) on memory a few years back.
http://www.radiolab.org/2007/jun/07/
to download the podcast:
http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/audio...
Fascinating stuff.
Neural networks are a very fascinating study, the biological ones are interesting, but oh so inefficient, considering that our life spans have only recently increased beyond a few decades. The funny thing is how simple the brain actually is, it's not nearly as complex as some people want to believe it is, but it's simplicity is also it's strength, and thus why it's capable of being adaptive. You could actually take a human brain and rewrite the neural network to function exactly like our computers, of course there needs to be a way to keep the brain from degrading on death before that could ever actually happen.
nice

Beckley, WV

#101659 Apr 29, 2013
no
TruthIs

London, KY

#101660 Apr 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it matter the reasons, the results would still be more people in monogamous relationships.
When society puts homosexuals in the underground, things will be messy. Let them live as others and you might see them acting like others.
If they habd't made it an issue to start with, it wouldn't now be a (BIG WASTE OF TIME) issue now.

How much time has been wasted by this current admin-on such an already long time been NON-issue.

Just MORE, thirty years behind the times, step backwards to stupidity and regression bullchit.

What next, the "right for women to wear skirts above their knees? 2013!!??"

(rampant ignorance is an ugly thing).

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101661 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying just because we might not see something, doesn't mean it isn't happening?
That doesn't make any reasonable sense at all.
CONtrary much?
How do people get so stupid? Of course your idiotic strawman is idiotic.

Having no evidence for something doesn't mean it isn't happening. It means that there is no proof that it is happening.

And yes, I saw your follow up comment. It makes no sense either. Stop failing at basic English.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody with a speck of grey matter realizes that the government cannot continue to give benefits to heterosexual couples and refuse the same benefits to homosexual couples.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101662 Apr 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to see you curtsy. You have some snarky comment on all of your posts.
Good adjective huh? <and curtsy>.

I have a preposition for you-how about I LET you build me a bottomless well...and then I LET you fill it full of pebbles, but you have to use a pail with no bottom to do it.

How's that sound to you?
TruthIs

London, KY

#101663 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Jump to conclusions much?
Where did I say "seeing"?
Here's my statement again:
"Accepting something as factual despite there being no evidence in support of it is unreasonable."
I'll let you figure out how stupid your questions was.
I already admitted I did not read the post above it slow enough for it to have sunk in.

Ergo-oops..my bad.

AnDUH curtsy to you too.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101664 Apr 29, 2013
<quoted text>
My apologies. I just now say this retraction (of sorts).
Okay -we're good then lol.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101665 Apr 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Having no evidence for something doesn't mean it isn't happening. It means that there is no proof that it is happening.
And yes, I saw your follow up comment. It makes no sense either. Stop failing at basic English.
<quoted text>
Anybody with a speck of grey matter realizes that the government cannot continue to give benefits to heterosexual couples and refuse the same benefits to homosexual couples.
It's all about the materialisTIC-just like I mentioned.

Why we needed individual mandate options-you know-the ones opotus shoved out of the way BEFORE they even reaches the tabletops for discussion.

Another example of the current admins MORE wastes of tax payer time and dollars.

Location hidden

#101666 Apr 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Neural networks are a very fascinating study, the biological ones are interesting, but oh so inefficient, considering that our life spans have only recently increased beyond a few decades. The funny thing is how simple the brain actually is, it's not nearly as complex as some people want to believe it is, but it's simplicity is also it's strength, and thus why it's capable of being adaptive. You could actually take a human brain and rewrite the neural network to function exactly like our computers, of course there needs to be a way to keep the brain from degrading on death before that could ever actually happen.
So, what you're talking about is kind of the opposite of the technological singularity? Or am I off in left field?

Speaking of the singularity...Want to start a pool for the date of the singularity? It may not happen for another 30 years or so, but Iím betting that this thread will still be alive when it does ;-)
TruthIs

Monticello, KY

#101667 Apr 29, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why not? The gays are not legally married and never will be morally.
TrithIs

London, KY

#101668 Apr 29, 2013
IamnotTruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? The gays are not legally married and never will be morally.
people that pretend....might need to fnd an identity of their own!!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101669 Apr 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about the materialisTIC-just like I mentioned.
Why we needed individual mandate options-you know-the ones opotus shoved out of the way BEFORE they even reaches the tabletops for discussion.
Another example of the current admins MORE wastes of tax payer time and dollars.
Stop RANdomly capITalizing parts of YOUr words, MOron.

And try forming a coherent thought. This is not one.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? The gays are not legally married and never will be morally.
I don't give the slightest sh!t about your broken morality. Rights. Their rights are >>>> your morals.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101670 Apr 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>But it took over a hundred years to translate the one about black people? I think we could have fared better without the help of prophet Brigham. Why does your church still put him on a pedestal?
Let me know about that well thing-and have your people call mine.

Love n hugs n Stuff (it)-
TI
aka GodIsanEyeball
aka RealityIS
aka too many akas too remember lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 5 min Bethany Ky 700
New WET vote petition started today in barbourv... 44 min Vote wet 1
Gloria Wilson 1 hr ukcats1960 1
barbourville street department seen on I75 1 hr Winners 9
Sarah Hamilton 1 hr in the click 7
lets go to florida 3 hr isolated incident 30
Joshua vandusen 6 hr abuser 1
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 16 hr GM Retired 8
dinky phipps 17 hr shamed 28
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search