Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,387

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101585 Apr 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my favorite shows of all time! The episode on games is what hooked me. The one about checkers vs. chess.
Oh yeah I think I know that one. Radiolab is mesmerizing. I used to try listening to the podcasts while working on something. I had to give that up though. I could never get anything accomplished while listening to it.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101586 Apr 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>No, I know the theory. I am asking do You think it was the only event like it of its kind. Just speculation.
Well, that would seem to be most consistent with which theory of the fate of the universe I think is probably more likely. But I've honestly not put a lot of thought into it.
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101587 Apr 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I had an open mind for decades, decades of seeing con men collect money, seeing con men say the bible says blah blah blah to collect money, seeing the members of every church look down their nose at other people and worship social status and wealth, seeing youth ministers getting 14 year old girls pregnant and leaving town seeing preachers driving expensive cars and telling others to give their money away, seeing the same preachers leaving town in the middle of the night because the father of the 12 year old he was raping had a gun, decades of seeing what the christian cult is really about.
So you elevate yourself, defame others, spew lies, and watch as your cult loses members every day, watch as educated people flee your poisoned cult and beg to force your cult on to innocent children.
Soon your cult will be no more, we already out number you and we will protect our children from you.
You SHALL NOT come near our children
Where exactly were you raised to witness these things firsthand? I am not a "cult" as you say, and you have no right to assume my beliefs are. Furthermore I am not FORCING my beliefs on ANYONE. It is everyone's personal choice to whom they serve and what their beliefs are.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#101588 Apr 28, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Where exactly were you raised to witness these things firsthand? I am not a "cult" as you say, and you have no right to assume my beliefs are. Furthermore I am not FORCING my beliefs on ANYONE. It is everyone's personal choice to whom they serve and what their beliefs are.
All religion where you gather in a group is a Cult.. and every cult says their cult is not a cult...go figure...
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101589 Apr 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The address you posted is a acant lot, Nice try coward
NO IT IS NOT, and you and others know it, you are the coward!
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101590 Apr 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The address you posted is a acant lot, Nice try coward

Which one of your theory's is this one? The Duck, The Dodge, or the Deny Theory.. or if all those fail, The plain out Lie...
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101591 Apr 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion where you gather in a group is a Cult.. and every cult says their cult is not a cult...go figure...
Where exactly did I post that I "gather in a group"? That's Right.... I didn't!

Location hidden

#101592 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, not really fitting for you
Methinks that was his point. The user "curious" is anything but curious.

Location hidden

#101593 Apr 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>But that sort of belief is a non-answer. This is why I get bored with discussions about holy ghosts and faith. It is all quite empty and meaningless in the end.

You are saying that you *believe* god created all and can change it if he wants. Your belief requires no evidence and it is based on no particular reason, other than a desire to believe it.

Once you admit this, the conversation ends. There is really nothing else we can say. Me or anyone else on here can post page after page of evidence discrediting Joseph Smith, or Jesus, or even Moses or anyone else in the Bible and in the end all you have to do is say you believe and have faith. Then we have accomplished absolutely nothing.

We are speaking entirely different languages with entirely different reasons and motivations.

Faith and reason are mutually exclusive.
I disagree that faith and reason are mutually exclusive. I have faith, but I still try to figure out how it all works out together.
But I have never denied that I have faith rather than proof of anything. I have presented evidence of a miracle. The Bible, Book of Mormon, Koran, and Dead Sea Scrolls are all evidence that Jesus Christ existed and influenced millions.

But please, continue to try to discredit Joseph, Jesus, and Moses, or other prophets. I enjoy the conversation.

Location hidden

#101594 Apr 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thank you

Location hidden

#101596 Apr 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think a god can alter anything at anytime? So he willingly does nothing to alter AIDs or all the other diseases that cause so much suffering in our world?
BTW, you made a clear statement that casts science as being wrong and thus cannot be trusted at all. Are you now altering that statement?
I'm no sure if He can alter anything. He may have to abide by certain rules regarding the Priesthood.
I think God does have the power to stop disease, but I do not think He gets involved on global scales with such matters. These trials are given to people or allowed for many different reasons. Most of the suffering in the world came from man. It isn't wisdom to blame God for causing it. It would be wiser to ask God for help to overcome the trials.

I don't believe that science can't be trusted so you'll have to show me where I said that.

Location hidden

#101597 Apr 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have lost trust of religion due to the poor answers to the questions I ask. I get vague and diverting answers on a regular basis. Demanding I open my mind is not how you get someones mind to open to an idea.
I ask for logic, and I rarely see it in the answers I get. I usually get demands to just blindly trust the answers will magically come via some holy ghost.
Maybe you are one that does not have ears to hear the gospel. I have answered you clearly and have not hid anything from you. I'm sorry you have not understood the answers.
Milk before meat. Maybe we should start over with the fundamentals.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101598 Apr 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I know the bible better than you do, hence my bible verse posting showing you to be a liar.
Your con job to say "you dont understand" is bullshit, I understand and post the truth which catches your lies.
If this is not so than why do you push your poison so hard?
The truth is poison to those who are wise int heir own eyes

In order to prove that you have an addled mind and your judgement can not be trusted,let me cite the following example,where you quoted Matt 5;18,19,which,after citing those verses,

Your post read as follows
(")“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.")

"Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself.. NONE OTHER THAN JESUS SAID SO

In other words,in order to validate your point,which was based on your misinterpretation of what Jesus said,you are buttressing your argument by citing the authority of an expert on that subject.
In other words,what you meant is"If Jesus said it,it has to be true"
On the other hand,you don't believe in Jesus,but you are willing to accept his teachings,in this case,as being truthful and accurate.
Common sense would dictate that you do not call on someone who you don't believe in,or trust,as an expert witness,in order to validate your misguided opinion on Scriptures.

Unfortunately for you ,your interpretation of Scriptures was WRONG;
this is what Jesus said,,,,NOTE,,,,,,, the word ACCOMPLISHED

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED.

Meaning that Jesus came not to destroy the law and the Prophets,but to fulfill them.,and that had not been ACCOPLISHED yet.
That is something you still don't understand,,,,and if you do,since you claim to know the BIBLE then give your explanation.... I know it won't be forthcoming,What I expect to get for an answer is your usual gibberish and nonsense,,To which I will not respond....But,when you erroneously quote Scriptures again,I will do my best to correct you

4. A = Authority: Appeal to authority is an oft used method to support claims of "knowing," to prove points: What experts say is true
Anton lavey

Johnson City, TN

#101599 Apr 28, 2013
Hey Gatanic, what did I say on my deathbed?
Anton lavey

Johnson City, TN

#101600 Apr 28, 2013
P.S.I waited on ol ' shit bag' all night, what happend? I thought you were a Satanic Priest? HAHAHAHA! OHH you are scary, HAHAHAHA! And you are gay!
LEGIONS

Elkhorn City, KY

#101601 Apr 28, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is poison to those who are wise int heir own eyes
In order to prove that you have an addled mind and your judgement can not be trusted,let me cite the following example,where you quoted Matt 5;18,19,which,after citing those verses,
Your post read as follows
(")“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.")
"Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself.. NONE OTHER THAN JESUS SAID SO
In other words,in order to validate your point,which was based on your misinterpretation of what Jesus said,you are buttressing your argument by citing the authority of an expert on that subject.
In other words,what you meant is"If Jesus said it,it has to be true"
On the other hand,you don't believe in Jesus,but you are willing to accept his teachings,in this case,as being truthful and accurate.
Common sense would dictate that you do not call on someone who you don't believe in,or trust,as an expert witness,in order to validate your misguided opinion on Scriptures.
Unfortunately for you ,your interpretation of Scriptures was WRONG;
this is what Jesus said,,,,NOTE,,,,,,, the word ACCOMPLISHED
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is ACCOMPLISHED.
Meaning that Jesus came not to destroy the law and the Prophets,but to fulfill them.,and that had not been ACCOPLISHED yet.
That is something you still don't understand,,,,and if you do,since you claim to know the BIBLE then give your explanation.... I know it won't be forthcoming,What I expect to get for an answer is your usual gibberish and nonsense,,To which I will not respond....But,when you erroneously quote Scriptures again,I will do my best to correct you
4. A = Authority: Appeal to authority is an oft used method to support claims of "knowing," to prove points: What experts say is true
another example of same text.....
........Q: In Mt 5:17 and Acts 10:10-16, since Jesus said he would not abolish anything in the law, why don’t Christians follow the Old Testament dietary laws like Muslims allegedly do?
A: While neither Christians nor Muslims keep the Old Testament dietary laws, Christians do not because they listen to Jesus. Five points to consider in the answer.
At this time, Jesus’ followers obeyed the Old Testament dietary laws. Jesus actually said that not one jot or tittle would pass away until all is accomplished.
The fact of Jesus’ resurrection fundamentally changed the way God dealt with His children. An angel informed Peter, Jesus’ apostle, that God had made all food clean in Acts 10:9-16. Note it does not say these animals were always clean, but rather that God had made them clean.
Even Muslims who bring up this objection, themselves have to agree that some the Old Testament dietary laws are not to be followed. Muslims feel they can eat camel meat (and Mohammed did so), yet Leviticus 11:3-8; Deuteronomy 14:6-8 prohibit eating them.
Listen to Jesus in Matthew 15:10,17-20 and Mark 7:14-15. Jesus said it is what comes out of a man that makes him unclean, not what goes in. Mark 7:19 shows that by this Jesus declared all foods clean. If we call Jesus a prophet, we should listen to His words.
A voice from heaven commanded Peter to eat in Acts 10:10-16, showing him that the dietary laws were only in effect until Jesus’ sacrifice, not after. We should obey the voice of God’s angel and Jesus’ apostle.
In conclusion, we should not ignore what God’s prophets said, but listen to them

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#101602 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that some must see to believe. Jesus said more blessed are those who believe and yet have not seen. But "next time" I will certainly record it.
Many other Christian denominations along with LDS must be blessed also because they believe, evidence by your bible quote. Why would God blessed them when they denounce your beliefs? Would that mean that Baptist who say Mormons will go to hell-fire will be rewarded in heaven for their beliefs as compared to an atheist?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#101603 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
For society, progressiveness can be good in some ways. It can be bad in others.
To be honest I'm not concerned with whether you think any doctrine is wrong. I only care about what God says on doctrinal matters.
And you consult a holy ghost with what god wants, and the prophets did not for a hundred plus years on the question of black persons.
And you wish for me to be open minded to what you do not claim to care about?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101605 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no sure if He can alter anything. He may have to abide by certain rules regarding the Priesthood.
I think God does have the power to stop disease, but I do not think He gets involved on global scales with such matters. These trials are given to people or allowed for many different reasons. Most of the suffering in the world came from man. It isn't wisdom to blame God for causing it. It would be wiser to ask God for help to overcome the trials.
I don't believe that science can't be trusted so you'll have to show me where I said that.
So you blame man for most disease? I get it now, you just blame man for bad and give god all credit for good even though you have no evidence of the credits.
You said god can change what happens on earth, but when I pointed out bad things happen in nature, you suddenly change your tune. And you wonder why my mind is closed to the claims?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101606 Apr 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
For society, progressiveness can be good in some ways. It can be bad in others.
To be honest I'm not concerned with whether you think any doctrine is wrong. I only care about what God says on doctrinal matters.
You are not concerned because as you claimed, you are not accountable to anyone but god. This is part of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peace/Brown-A 27 min bugs 4
S tilhaus Kitchens Warrington 30 min tongsampah106 1
election drawing near 32 min Business owners 2
City council approves mowing illegal private pr... 1 hr Mayors lies 26
starting pay for RN at Knox Hospital? 1 hr woohoo 1
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 2 hr Door knob 72
who will you vote for as jailer 2 hr Light house 108
Indictments 3 hr True words 61
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 14 hr observing 28
Mike Warren embezzled money? 16 hr nocrooks 13