Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,821 - 96,840 of 130,467 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101357 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you swing both ways? Hey, that is your business and all.
Giving me Hell? No troll, you are not giving me Hell. How is it that you really think anything that you say matters to any one?
It must matter to you, you are responding! HAHAHAHA.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#101358 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be a problem with translation, or even His point could be that He is our only God.
Reads like he is the only God. Says that in multiple places in the O.T. I can see another reason for Judaism to reject LDS teachings.

Isaiah 43:10-11
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.

This verse is up for interpretation by many. After all, the Bible was written by humans. I see how this can fuel many different beliefs about who God is and why many are confused about God books.

I see the writer making the use of the word "formed". Like making a god from some substance. Notice also that the word "god"is lower case(possibly indicating lower ranking gods).

Since the word "formed" was use then it would be impossible for Jesus to be formed if the verse was taken literally. Jesus would never have existed.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101359 Apr 27, 2013
Regarding "miracles"...

When someone is saved from certain death by a strange succession of circumstances, they say that's a "miracle."

But of course if someone is KILLED by a freak chain of events..being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. that must also be a "miracle."

Look at all those people who decided "what a nice day to go to the beach"...and ended up being killed by a tsunami.
All of those who were on the planes that were hijacked and flown into the Twin Towers.
"Miracles??" Yep.

"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." --Terry Pratchett

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101360 Apr 27, 2013
I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, The address is real and you can find it on 'Google earth'! So for all; 8690 107 Cutoff, Greeneville Tn! The Gaytanic Priest is a liar and a coward! Anyone who wants too prove me wrong, Google it! I ask anyone who thinks Gaytanic is telling the truth! There you go coward, now what will you do? And I am waiting on a sissy!
Your IP address says Jonesborough, TN not greenville. How about when I come through TN in a couple of months we meet at a local business?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101361 Apr 27, 2013
The christian cult's morals are that they do not kill or steal because their god is watching but they rape children because the bible does not say they can not do that

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101362 Apr 27, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Regarding "miracles"...
When someone is saved from certain death by a strange succession of circumstances, they say that's a "miracle."
But of course if someone is KILLED by a freak chain of events..being in the wrong place at the wrong time.. that must also be a "miracle."
Look at all those people who decided "what a nice day to go to the beach"...and ended up being killed by a tsunami.
All of those who were on the planes that were hijacked and flown into the Twin Towers.
"Miracles??" Yep.
"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." --Terry Pratchett
But, but that would mean it is "gods" fault when these things happen. That would mean it is gods fault people starve and children get beaten to death, gods fault when people get killed in horrible accidents, why it would also be gods fault when people commit crimes..........
Oh, brain fart because there is no god
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101363 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>LOL the fake address that is not found on Google maps? Nice try.
You are a worthless troll seeking attention. You hope to get some one riled up.
I will pray to the good Lord Satan to visit you at night
So you pray to Satan, yet say God does not exist? What would be the reason for one without the other? So now you belive in God? Right? Yes that is right! Oh I hope shitbag visits me at night, I have had a lot to say to him for years! OHH you are so scary! And funny! As well as being a COWARD!
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101364 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your IP address says Jonesborough, TN not greenville. How about when I come through TN in a couple of months we meet at a local business?
I thought with all your great power, you would know 1/2 a million people or more post from one place? I gave you exactly what you ask for, bring satan with you, YOU WILL NEED HIM! And you are GAY!
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101365 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>LOL the fake address that is not found on Google maps? Nice try.
You are a worthless troll seeking attention. You hope to get some one riled up.
I will pray to the good Lord Satan to visit you at night
So now, since you have Googled my address ' that DON'T exist'' you now want to meet me elsewhere? What if that address don't exist eiher? And You are gay!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101366 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, jut those with delusions that their imaginary friend controls the universe and world, even if they call it a god, it's still a delusion, and delusions do not have rights.
This "Imaginary Friend ,as you call him,is my Best Friend.

This Imaginary Friend has helped me resolve some Real life problems
that I've had to face when no one else was able to help me

But ,that is what Best Frieds are for..

This Imaginary Friend has also made me become very aware of the many faults I posses,has helped me deal with them and has given me a Peace of mind that I had never experienced before.
As he said" My Peace I leave with You,not as the world knows it"

He has been my Friend and advisor.
The only payment he requires is that I be obedient to his teachings,which have proven themselves to be excellent.
let me ask you ;
Do you have a friend that you can compare to my "Imaginary Friend"?
I am waiting

Johnson City, TN

#101367 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But, but that would mean it is "gods" fault when these things happen. That would mean it is gods fault people starve and children get beaten to death, gods fault when people get killed in horrible accidents, why it would also be gods fault when people commit crimes..........
Why would a Gaytanic Priest care about children starving or being beaten? Don't you sacrifice them on your gods alter? Or do you just have Gaytanic sex there?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101368 Apr 27, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying this is the case with your ear story but as a JW growing up we had all kinds of weird demon stories and we use to repeat them as we were there and saw it. One of them was about Smurfs being demonic and a JW who's child brought one home from school saw it walking around. Lots of JWs have claimed to see Smurfs move, not just the one. Then there are books that won't burn or music albums that were also fire retardant because it was Devil music. I've even have a few of my own stories of weird things that would happen and I believed it to be demons. Looking back now tho I feel pretty stupid for actually believing those things but I was taught to believe that way.

Can I ask if most Mormons know about the ear story or is it just a small local to you amount? I guess what I'm asking is if I meet a Mormon and ask them about a child's ear being reattached then will they know what I'm talking about?
Most Mormons probably will not know about this instance. He told his family and close friends and I'm sure his wife did too. But they didn't want this to be something that drew a lot if attention to their family.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101369 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But, but that would mean it is "gods" fault when these things happen. That would mean it is gods fault people starve and children get beaten to death, gods fault when people get killed in horrible accidents, why it would also be gods fault when people commit crimes..........
Heheheeee... you are a smart cookie.

"God" is either a sadistic bastard or non-existant.
Let's give "him" the benefit of the doubt and go with the second choice.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101370 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that a miracle means I no longer need faith? Cool. So I know that there is a God.
Thanks.
If you "know that there is a God", it's not that you don't "need" faith. It's that you don't HAVE faith. You never "need" faith.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The blood on the carpet and clothes, the scar, and the boy telling us what happened, along with the eyewitness of both parents is plenty of evidence for me to believe what happened. Especially since I saw the before and after of the carpet and ear.
I am quite aware of what you've convinced yourself of. You don't need to keep reiterating what you believe. Every logical person here has explained why the basis of your belief would be insufficient as proof.

I will add that I could walk up to any given three year old, pretend to pull a penny out of their ear, and if I was pretty smooth they would be completely convinced that I just pulled a penny out of their ear. What they thought they saw would be enough to convince them. And they would probably argue with people that told them otherwise.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#101371 Apr 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
why do we have poodles, yorkies, pit bulls, wolves, and coyotes on top of that. cuz they are all of the same species in the tree. the same as lions, tigers, cheetahs, and cougars are all the same thing as the little siamese kitten. the monkeys and apes that are here now also evloved from that same ancestor and they evolved in there own direction the same as we did. it takes very little to see what im sayin here if u just look at DNA.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101372 Apr 27, 2013
I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't give a damn what you think!
So you enjoy being delusional.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101373 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
For some, faith was so strong that God manifest Himself to them. Then there is no need for faith, that is correct for that person. So you are saying that a miracle means I no longer need faith? Cool. So I know that there is a God.
Thanks.
The blood on the carpet and clothes, the scar, and the boy telling us what happened, along with the eyewitness of both parents is plenty of evidence for me to believe what happened. Especially since I saw the before and after of the carpet and ear.
So you have a crayon drawing from a child as evidence. Your standards for evidence are too low to consider you a thinking person.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101374 Apr 27, 2013
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#101377 Apr 27, 2013
This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth.—Matt. 24:14.
This earth-wide witness work regarding God’s Kingdom is being done on an ever-increasing scale. Today, over 7,500,000 Witnesses of Jehovah, associated with more than 107,000 congregations throughout the earth, are preaching about God’s Kingdom, even as Jesus made it the theme of his preaching and teaching.(Matt. 4:17) As a result of our present-day preaching work, great comfort is being given to mourning ones. Why, in two recent years, a total of 570,601 individuals were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses! The great scope of this preaching work can best be appreciated by noting that Jehovah’s Witnesses now translate and distribute Bible literature in over 500 languages. Nothing like this has ever been seen in all human history! The existence, work, and growth of the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization are truly extraordinary. w11 10/15 4:5, 6

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#101378 Apr 27, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
The JWs are so scared of Smurfs and mgic that they made a cartoon for kids and it's about Sparlock, the warrior wizard. The mom makes the kid throw it away. Its hard to find online anymore but worth watching if you do?

Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min Hells sword 1,245
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Hells Hammer 151,095
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 1 hr PARENT 15
hot girl a the funeral home 1 hr justbecuse0105 6
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 2 hr Junk man 10
Fight lee mart 3 hr dkkdk 2
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••