Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,841)

Showing posts 96,801 - 96,820 of127,847
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>What are the names of the resurrected apostles and can anyone meet them?
Peter, James, and John appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery and bestowed the Holy Priesthood upon them by the laying on of hands, just as they received it from Jesus.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The christian cult REARS organized opposition as much as they fear facts.
By making it sound bad for atheist to organize they push people away from fighting them
Fears, not rears (even though they like little boys for that)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need,nor want,to promote myself over every one else.
That is not the issue.
You and others who consider themselves,wise in their own eyes,
try to use verses contained in Scriptures,which they do not understand,in an effort to discredit that which is written in Scrptures.
Unfortunately for them,their supposed wisdom,is turned into foolishness,as confirmed by the very Scriptures,that they are attemting to invalidate....
I do not rejoice at their being proved foolish,
I do rejoice that their futile attempts only serve to validate ,that, which they are trying to discredit
I post whole paragraphs with the book, chapter and verse so you can look it up yourself. So do you want to try another angle?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Again, the bottom line is that you do not have the right to push or force your beliefs on to other people. If you do not like the world than form your own communities and stop taking from every one elses work.
Otherwise your rights end where every one elses rights begin.
A Thought

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Again, the bottom line is that you do not have the right to push or force your beliefs on to other people. If you do not like the world than form your own communities and stop taking from every one elses work.
You, your girlfriend Indecent Woman and Flat Chested Freda are flowers of the family, Blooming Idiots! Please quit posting because I'm tired of your crap.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Without getting into an exposition of Scripture, the Bible is clear that the Mosaic Covenant (in which the laws you referenced are found) has been replaced by the New Covenant. While there are some similarities between the two covenants, this is not one of them. The Law of Moses was a contract between God and Israel to govern their life in the land of Canaan, both spiritually and politically (a theocratic kingdom). The New Covenant serves an entirely different purpose. The New Covenant governs our spirituality, not our politics. While the New Testament is clear that God has ordained human government to punish evil and commend the good (Romans 13:1-7) it does not speak to how that punishment ought to be carried out for particular moral crimes, or the degree of punishment. It would seem that those decisions are given to the state. It is clear, however, that under the New Covenant sins are not punished in the same way they were under the Mosaic Covenant because the New Covenant is a spiritual, not a political-social covenant.
It would be a mistake, then, to say that Christians are not obeying their own Scripture, or being arbitrary in what parts of the Bible they keep. Each passage of Scripture must be evaluated within its historical and covenantal context, and be applied appropriately. Not all commands in Scripture apply equally for all people and all times (but are specific to a covenant), whereas others do. For example, while I am not obligated to build an ark, I am obligated to abstain from murder.Christians are not ignoring those Old Testament passages, but are properly interpreting them within their context and applying them appropriately.
Though I find the entire affair absolutely ludicrous, I do agree with this logic. I oppose Christianity at every turn not because they aren't applying their own scriptures evenly but because their scriptures are abhorrent. When Christians bash gays it is not because of Leviticus, but also because of Paul (a raging bigot himself).

Yet you do find tons of modern Christians who do in fact quote the Old Testament, especially Leviticus, when it comes to moral questions. That would be the last book I'd look to for moral guidance which is why we give such idiots absolute hell when they do it.
I am waiting

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
And everyones right to thought, freedom of expression, and opinion end, when you post your stupidity?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
And everyones right to thought, freedom of expression, and opinion end, when you post your stupidity?
When you try to force your religion on to some one after they tell you they do not believe in your god than you are not expressing yourself troll

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>You, your girlfriend Indecent Woman and Flat Chested Freda are flowers of the family, Blooming Idiots! Please quit posting because I'm tired of your crap.
Tired of my crap? Then go fu ck yourself.
The other user names that you posted are posted from Frankfort, so is your post, are you all of those users?
Here is an idea, dont read my post if you do not like them.
May Satan visit you in the night

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
No, jut those with delusions that their imaginary friend controls the universe and world, even if they call it a god, it's still a delusion, and delusions do not have rights.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Thanks
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We believe there is a Heavenly Mother, but the Father has so much respect for Her, that He did not want Her to be blasphemed.
Why then was Mary ,the mother of Jehovah, not giving the same respect. Is the Father partial or was Mary just another vagina to be used and thrown to the dogs.
I am waiting

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>When you try to force your religion on to some one after they tell you they do not believe in your god than you are not expressing yourself troll
I don't try to force anything on you! However I gave you an offer, when you wanted to know where I lived! I am waiting, queer!
I am waiting

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, jut those with delusions that their imaginary friend controls the universe and world, even if they call it a god, it's still a delusion, and delusions do not have rights.
I really don't give a damn what you think!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You have plenty of reasons to not believe that it happened. You choose to ignore them. The magician analogy that someone else used is very apt. I can't believe because there is no proof. The only "proof" supplied involves trusting the unsubstantiated claims of another person (or the hearsay of hearsay, in this case), and that does not make the cut.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Why does this mean I have no faith?"

It means you have no faith because proof is the antithesis of faith. If faith is "firm belief in something for which there is no proof" and you claim to have proof... not that hard to figure out. You don't have faith. You think you have proof. Proof utterly destroys faith. You literally cannot have them both.
For some, faith was so strong that God manifest Himself to them. Then there is no need for faith, that is correct for that person. So you are saying that a miracle means I no longer need faith? Cool. So I know that there is a God.
Thanks.

The blood on the carpet and clothes, the scar, and the boy telling us what happened, along with the eyewitness of both parents is plenty of evidence for me to believe what happened. Especially since I saw the before and after of the carpet and ear.
I am waiting

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I find the entire affair absolutely ludicrous, I do agree with this logic. I oppose Christianity at every turn not because they aren't applying their own scriptures evenly but because their scriptures are abhorrent. When Christians bash gays it is not because of Leviticus, but also because of Paul (a raging bigot himself).
Yet you do find tons of modern Christians who do in fact quote the Old Testament, especially Leviticus, when it comes to moral questions. That would be the last book I'd look to for moral guidance which is why we give such idiots absolute hell when they do it.
Even though I have givin S/P hell over being gay, I don't hate gay people, and I do think most churches are doing wrong by turning people away because they are gay, or trying to 'fix them'! If some people are born as twins, joined at the head or waist, why is it so hard to belive someone can be born in one sex with the oppisite gender? I think most churches are walking on dangerous ground, in their doctrine of stupidity! Now I will piss both sides off, but I do not care.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't try to force anything on you! However I gave you an offer, when you wanted to know where I lived! I am waiting, queer!
LOL the fake address that is not found on Google maps? Nice try.
You are a worthless troll seeking attention. You hope to get some one riled up.
I will pray to the good Lord Satan to visit you at night

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I am waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though I have givin S/P hell over being gay, I don't hate gay people, and I do think most churches are doing wrong by turning people away because they are gay, or trying to 'fix them'! If some people are born as twins, joined at the head or waist, why is it so hard to belive someone can be born in one sex with the oppisite gender? I think most churches are walking on dangerous ground, in their doctrine of stupidity! Now I will piss both sides off, but I do not care.
So you swing both ways? Hey, that is your business and all.
Giving me Hell? No troll, you are not giving me Hell. How is it that you really think anything that you say matters to any one?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

The christian cult believes that jesus was a snob who went around judging every one, of course they do not actually read their bibles, they blindly follow the con artist preaching to them.
See, the con artist learned that when people feel bad they do not feel as giving as when they feel good. So telling people that they are sinners and that they are no better than any one else went out the door and telling them how they are so much better than every one else came in

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,801 - 96,820 of127,847
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min RayOne 144,649
Turtle man show i at db festival on now 44 min tortoise man 10
Going to be rich in a day or two.. 46 min Word 2
dead beaty daddy ELIJAH MESSER 48 min Word 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hillbilly 26,165
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr joe 16,112
Richard and Sarah hicks 2 hr Wow 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 5 hr billy 370
KC Basketball Coach 9 hr breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs