Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,840)

Showing posts 96,781 - 96,800 of128,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Ghost can answer anyone. However the LDS church is the only church to claim the Father and the Son, along with 3 resurrected apostles and angels restored the church.
What are the names of the resurrected apostles and can anyone meet them?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

No Macabees...no Hindu Kush...
Nothing of any substance.

Is outa here..have fun desperados.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

When religies do not understand something they say, god did it, I would assume that includes their ignorance, for they do not understand.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take being called an idiot any day by a hateful person like you. That means I'm nothing like you.
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this mean I have no faith?
You have plenty of reasons to not believe that it happened. You choose to ignore them. The magician analogy that someone else used is very apt. I can't believe because there is no proof. The only "proof" supplied involves trusting the unsubstantiated claims of another person (or the hearsay of hearsay, in this case), and that does not make the cut.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does this mean I have no faith?
It means you have no faith because proof is the antithesis of faith. If faith is "firm belief in something for which there is no proof" and you claim to have proof... not that hard to figure out. You don't have faith. You think you have proof. Proof utterly destroys faith. You literally cannot have them both.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>You were the audience. You may not have paid admission for it, but you witnessed a magic show. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not implying your friends lied to you about the events that took place. I'm saying that it may not have happened the way they remember it. The mind is a funny thing and has countless methods of screwing with us. Entire memories can be created (vividly even) by nothing more than suggestion. I'd post links to articles, but I know you won't go there. It's worth investigating on your own though. A great way to kill a rainy afternoon...
Sorry you can't believe that such a miracle take place. I hope you encounter your own miracle that benefits someone close to you. Maybe then you can be persuaded that these things are possible though beyond your ability to explain scientifically.
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Ok, we atheists are suppose to have a book, a leader, gold pillared halls, an agenda and now we "is an" organization. We moving on up, to the top, soon we have a sky critter toooo. Lmao, religies can be such dumbshiites.
atheists can be religious and irreligious.

dumb shyster

surprise! surprise!!
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
the ovine bleets

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

In America religies have freedom of religion.

In America religies have the right to worship any god they want.

In America religies can knock on doors and hand out religious material.

In America religies of all religions can build houses of worship.

In America a religie can find a holyhatebible for any one of hundreds of gods.

In America I can say religies are idiots.

I love America.
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If Chihuahua's evolved from Wolves why do we still have Wolves?
but if transgenics is possible why do we need evolution at all?

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/Bio...

http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotech/marga...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>but if transgenics is possible why do we need evolution at all?
We don't Need anything... It's the way it works in Nature... Slow evolutionary changes punctuated by catastrophic events killing off large percentages of species that quickly adapt to fit the new environments followed by slow evolutionary changes until the next catastrophic event.....

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

I was going to respond to your quantum entanglement and convulsionaires retardation earlier, but then I read further. Really... there's obviously something very wrong with you.
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>but if transgenics is possible why do we need evolution at all?
It's not a matter of "needing" evolution. Evolution simply is. Period. Doesn't matter if you think you need it or not. If you actually think there has been any relevance in anything you've posted thus far, you're a very very confused little person.

That said, I quite look forward to you supplying more examples of your impressive immunity to cognitive dissonance in your future posts. It certainly has the potential to make other people feel better about themselves by comparison, so I fully support it.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Ok, we atheists are suppose to have a book, a leader, gold pillared halls, an agenda and now we "is an" organization. We moving on up, to the top, soon we have a sky critter toooo. Lmao, religies can be such dumbshiites.
The christian cult REARS organized opposition as much as they fear facts.
By making it sound bad for atheist to organize they push people away from fighting them
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, what is written in the bible or what some self serving christian says, what to believe? Nether because they are both made up to promote you over every one else
I do not need,nor want,to promote myself over every one else.
That is not the issue.
You and others who consider themselves,wise in their own eyes,
try to use verses contained in Scriptures,which they do not understand,in an effort to discredit that which is written in Scrptures.
Unfortunately for them,their supposed wisdom,is turned into foolishness,as confirmed by the very Scriptures,that they are attemting to invalidate....
I do not rejoice at their being proved foolish,
I do rejoice that their futile attempts only serve to validate ,that, which they are trying to discredit
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Why I generally distrust Mormon scholars

When I was growing up in the Mormon Church, I liked the Church but didn’t really have a testimony of it. I wanted to really know if the Church was true. I prayed about it after reading the BofM and didn’t receive any confirmation either way.

I went to the LDS bookstore and bought several books written by Mormon scholars. One that had a profound impact on me was the book The Book of Mormon on Trial by Jack West.

It gave some pretty convincing evidence that the BofM was true. It showed all these big statues in Central and South America that were Egyptian as evidence that people had come across the ocean like the BofM said. It recounted conversations with Native Americans ,who when asked what the name of a local mountain was, they said “Nephihah” and when asked what the name of a river was, they said “Moronihah”.

That was proof to me as these are the very names given as cities and lands in the BofM. There was no way Joseph could have known that. Books like this one really helped give me a testimony that the Church was true. Why would I even think to question that a book I bought at the Church Bookstore, written by a Mormon scholar would be anything less than truthful?

In wasn’t until many years later that I tried to verify the claims of the book to find out that the author, Jack West, made this stuff up. There are no Native Americans that knew those places as Nephihah and Moronihah.

Those pictures of ancient statues that he said were Egyptian were actually Aztec. I was pretty unnerved to find out I had bolstered my testimony on lies made up by a Mormon scholar that seemed to believe that ‘the ends justifies the means’.

Get people to believe any way you can seemed to be his philosophy. Or maybe he just wanted to sell books and made up stuff to make his case for the BofM stronger than it really was. Current LDS apologists like Kerry Shirts candidly admit Jack West and other zealous LDS authors made stuff up in their books.

http://www.exmormonscholarstestify.org/stephe...
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon is basically about two groups of peoples that lived in the Americas some 1,000 years apart. They were steel-smelting, chariot-driving, temple-building people that grew so numerous that 2 Million people died in a single battle. Yet there is absolutely no evidence that any of these people ever existed.

The BofM is not backed up by any archeological, anthropological or linguistic evidence. There is no evidence of any Hebrew culture in the Americas as you would expect from descendants of Israel as is the premise of the BofM.

DNA evidence indicate that the natives of the Americas originated from Siberia, and probably came across the Bering Strait, just as scientists have thought for decades and not from the Middle East.

Isn’t it strange that we have found much evidence of many other cultures that existed in the Americas like the Aztecs, Mayans,Toltecs, etc. yet not a single Nephite coin, steel sword, armor, or ‘Reformed Egyptian‘ writing has ever been found which is unbelievable considering the span of Jaredites, Nephites & Lamanites which numbered in the millions over the almost 3,000 years that these various peoples reportedly flourished.

http://www.exmormonscholarstestify.org/stephe...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>If Jehovah had a father who was the mother? Does it say her name in the BOM.
No. We believe there is a Heavenly Mother, but the Father has so much respect for Her, that He did not want Her to be blasphemed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>If Jehovah had a father who was the mother? Does it say her name in the BOM.
I'm speaking of the mother of our spirits. Jesus' earthly mother was Mary.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Scar and blood that wasn't there 2 days prior doesn't seem subjective to me.
Wounds do not scar over night, takes weeks for the scar to be fully realized, and months for it to be fully formed. Blood, did you have a lab test it? It could be cow's blood, or any of the animal flesh you find in your fridge. If so, it's a waste of good blood, that's where the flavor is. But I digress, the point being, you don't know the details, just what you were fed, and you swallowed without questioning it because you wanted it to be a miracle. Answer this riddle:

A man lies dead on the ground, surrounded by water and blood. How did he die?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>What are the names of the resurrected apostles and can anyone meet them?
Peter, James, and John appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery and bestowed the Holy Priesthood upon them by the laying on of hands, just as they received it from Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,781 - 96,800 of128,045
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
verna warren 15 min would like to know 5
Handy Mart 19 min Just Looking 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Nutz 144,974
Becky Abner. N Richard hicks 34 min Richard 10
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr Panther 68
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,741
need amos rice number (Feb '12) 3 hr Dallas eubanks 14
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 23 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000