Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,741 - 96,760 of 128,869 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Only if they repent, and want to sin no more....
you cannot serve God, and lust!
What if your lusting for knowledge? Do you know what the word "lust" means? It means intense emotional desire. But I can see how your dirty mind works.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe...
But it does not surprise me that you still like Osama....
Seems many of your kind are jumping ship... hoping you were one!
The reports of Obama supporters jumping ship have been grossly exaggerated. Note the claim was before the election,yet Obama still beat Mitt by a long shot.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So did the holy ghost tell you to ignore Jesus' command? You agreed with the point yet continue anyway?
I didn't consider you swine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe this claim without question? Are you sure the claim is not as wrong as that of Brigham Young's claims? I guess the holy ghost cleared it all up for you?
Of course I questioned. And yes, after months of soul searching study, I did receive an answer that I could not deny was from God.
I asked many questions. And I dug up as much anti-mormon literature I could find. It was interesting how those questions became answers when talking to the missionaries. Even questions that other denominations said we don't know yet.
And I read the Book of Mormon and I studied church doctrine. Believing that Joseph was a prophet came last for me after seeing how God worked through him to build this church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So can you clarify without being vague? Just what does "the father" mean here?
God the Father. The one Jesus prayed to and worshipped. The one that Jesus called the Father.
He is the Father of our spirits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is. Your description of both of them requires information that is hearsay. You don't know how either of them got there or when they appeared. You believe what another person says on both accounts. Hearsay. This isn't a difficult concept.
I would have seen the scar before. So you are wrong.
I saw the child just before the accident and after. I saw the floor at the foot of the stairs before the accident and just after.
And the child was too young to make up the story of how it all happened.
Sorry, but you are wrong. There is no explanation other than God's hand in this situation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>This clears up nothing.
First, you cite John(fallible prophet)that claims Jesus claimed "it is not written in your law". So where do you get that it was a law that he made in Old testament times?

So Psalms (not sure what fallible person wrote this) claims Jesus claims,"Ye are all gods". So who is the "ye" here?

This all just makes the word "god" not sound so important.

As you must know, many believers interpret these verses in many ways(evidently the holy ghost lacks consistency) so you must see we also might be confused on just what it means and why?
No Jesus did not say it is not written. He was asking them "is it not written?" To remind them that He said this before.

We all are children of God the Father. We are progressing to become more like Him. In that sense, we are gods. That's what He told us.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had understood the previous verse ,
Luke16;16,16 THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS WERE PREACHED UNTIL JOHN. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it
You would have realized how wrong your conclusion is.
SP WROTE
)3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
What you quoted in MATT5;17 is correct, but, then, you commit the error of interpreting Scripture ,in exactly the opposite manner,as what you posted. You gave it a personal interpretation
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter OF PERSONAL INTERPRETATION, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GOD.
Meaning ,THAT ONLY THOSE UNDER THE influence OF God can interpret it correctly
Since your interpretation was not influenced by God and is clearly erroneous,is further evidence of the accuracy of Scriptures
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
Hmmm, what is written in the bible or what some self serving christian says, what to believe? Nether because they are both made up to promote you over every one else

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no explanation other than God's hand in this situation.
Sorry, but if you believe this then you are literally crazy and there is no point discussing the matter. And you also have no faith, as you have convinced yourself (no matter how intellectually dishonest it may be) that there is PROOF of your God performing miracles.

If real miracles happened, real people would have real proof of them. Even the most skeptical objective person could not deny the existence a higher power. There are over seven billion individuals on this planet, and not one of them has a shred of real proof of miracles to give the rest of the world. Just stories.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooh ohh ah ah
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........res pect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Simply ask your holy ghost. He clears all this stuff up, yet for some reason he gives different answers to different people.
Now just because this has no logic, does not mean it is not true. You must just have faith it is true because I said so. Now eat your peas.
Are you on drugs? My holy ghost? Lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but if you believe this then you are literally crazy and there is no point discussing the matter. And you also have no faith, as you have convinced yourself (no matter how intellectually dishonest it may be) that there is PROOF of your God performing miracles.
If real miracles happened, real people would have real proof of them. Even the most skeptical objective person could not deny the existence a higher power. There are over seven billion individuals on this planet, and not one of them has a shred of real proof of miracles to give the rest of the world. Just stories.
Not crazy just an idiot like all religies.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........res pect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
You must eat a page from YOUR unholyhatebabblebook every day.

God, your posts are wretched.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was in front of an audience, you may have a valid point. But in the case of a man and his child getting hurt, we are not talking about magic shows.
I can't find any other explanation of how this all took place in a very short amount of time. The scar was healed up completely with no scans left, but there was still blood stains behind his ear.
You were the audience. You may not have paid admission for it, but you witnessed a magic show. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not implying your friends lied to you about the events that took place. I'm saying that it may not have happened the way they remember it. The mind is a funny thing and has countless methods of screwing with us. Entire memories can be created (vividly even) by nothing more than suggestion. I'd post links to articles, but I know you won't go there. It's worth investigating on your own though. A great way to kill a rainy afternoon...

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "proof" of their god, the sky critter does not exist, just delusional sheepies.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is. Your description of both of them requires information that is hearsay. You don't know how either of them got there or when they appeared. You believe what another person says on both accounts. Hearsay. This isn't a difficult concept.
It's not hearsay, it's an idiot listening toooo and believeing bull excrement, kinda like when they read the bible and when the church leader clangs.....
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

O my, the sozi is here, watch your spelling.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>nothing can be independent of itself.
More whispers of "wisdom" from the asylum. I see they let you out of your cage. Is it for the whole weekend this time?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "proof" of their god, the sky critter does not exist, just delusional sheepies.
Atheism is an non Prophet organization.

No wonder, who with any sane mind would want to donate to such hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min sure 146,736
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 2 hr lucky guess 4
Melissa Collett (May '12) 5 hr Lol at that face 72
Anthony Smith 6 hr Antny 10
Any couples into SCAT??? 6 hr guss 14
threesomes (May '11) 7 hr Fatcat 29
Marlena cox 8 hr Old friend 34
Elmer at Creek mart 9 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 17 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••