Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,024

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101152 Apr 26, 2013
Conan wrote:
<quoted text>Because when I leave this life I want to spend eternity in Heaven, not hell. These are not scare tactics. They are warnings for your benefit. Like a tornado warning. The sirens sound scary but it is to give you a chance to get to safety. It is coming. If you can honestly say you have intelligence, look at the way things are these days and still say the end of this world is not imminent then you are not as smart as you think you are. We are not talking about swamp rats, we are talking about you and me. If hell is real, do you want to go there? People don't think an earthquake will happen but they still buy insurance for some reason. That just in case thing.
If you have ever read the bible than you know that heaven was described as you laying prone praising a being that demanded animal blood sacrifice, demanded that you rejoice as you kill children, demanded that you slaughter whole towns man women and children, demanded murder and blood.
That is praising evil and is not heaven and no thank you.
But since your god and your heaven are not real your Hell is not real ether.
You do understand that they said the world was flat and heaven was above and Hell was below, but we know that the earth is not flat and there is no heaven above the earth

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101153 Apr 26, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Dear Dr. Laura,
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend homosexuality, for example, I will simply remind him or her that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other laws in Leviticus and Exodus and how to best follow them. To wit:
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Leviticus 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. How should I deal with this?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as stated in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Leviticus 15:19-24). The problem is, how can I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Leviticus 25:44 states that I may buy slaves from the nations that are around us. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Canadians, but not Mexicans. Can you clarify?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine says that even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Leviticus 10:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
Leviticus 20:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Sincerely,
A devoted listener
I am stealing this

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101154 Apr 26, 2013
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>His word is but the old Mosaic Laws were not. That is why Jesus came and died, to redeem us from the law of the land . Get with the program. The law was done away with 2000 years ago. We live under Grace.
So you think that you are on the planet mars and Heaven is no more?

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101155 Apr 26, 2013
Up Yours wrote:
<quoted text>You are one stupid and childish acting person. I wish you had a holyhatebible shoved up your ass sideways then add a religie to the mix.
At least you do act like a true christian

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101156 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ... Totally missed the point
Figured ya would....
GWB

Roseville, CA

#101157 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a God to us. We claim that Jesus is not the Father. They are two separate beings. We are subject to both.
The bible says no one can see God and yet live, Thomas saw Jesus. During the time of Jesus many saw him and lived,why?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101158 Apr 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says no one can see God and yet live, Thomas saw Jesus. During the time of Jesus many saw him and lived,why?
Maybe because it's a Bull Crap story?... Just a guess....

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#101159 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, hilarious analogy, but not exactly like the miracle I spoke of. I saw the child on Friday and he was fine. Then I saw him on Sunday and he was telling everyone about what happened and showing off his scar. I saw the bloody carpet that wasn't there before as well.
So I guess you'd have to add some broken power lines, footprints, and maybe a half eaten cow to your story.
The miracle is the t-rex, same exact thing, and no, you don't have any such evidence. All you'd have to add is a picture drawn by the child, nothing more, that's all the evidence you have of this "miracle," a picture drawn by a child in crayon.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101161 Apr 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Read The Gospel of John.It is there that you will find an answer to your question....If you are able to discern it

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101162 Apr 26, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing really, just saying I've never seen those on a woman before.
You probably won't unless you marry one since we practice the law of chastity.

Location hidden

#101163 Apr 26, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"What does that have to so with anything?"

Rotflmao. And yes, you're the idiot.
At least I make sense. Your monkey chatter for the last several posts makes no sense.

Location hidden

#101164 Apr 26, 2013
A shame wrote:
@ Do whut: What a shame for a Mormon man to come on here and allow his faith to be mocked and smeared by these goats. Stop casting your pearls before swine. Get some pride in your faith. Jesus said to dust your feet off, not argue with these demons.
Good point. To be honest, my posts are more for the readers instead of the attackers. But good point.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#101165 Apr 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because it's a Bull Crap story?... Just a guess....
The story keeps changing, trying to keep up.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#101166 Apr 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Read The Gospel of John.It is there that you will find an answer to your question....If you are able to discern it
If I make my own ouija board out of a sheet of paper, will it automatically work and give me the answer?

Location hidden

#101167 Apr 26, 2013
A shame wrote:
<quoted text>Where do I read about that? The bible says a man cannot look upon God and live. His face was manifest as Jesus the man only. God appeared in many forms, but a Spirit has no face. Not even Moses could look on the face of God. He was in the form of a burning bush.
One could behold the face of God if they were transfigured.
I was speaking of Joseph Smith. When he asked in prayer which church he should join, after months of struggling to figure it out, he was answered by a visit from the Father and the Son.
You can find this account here:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/pgp/js-h/1.1-26...

Location hidden

#101168 Apr 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Figured ya would....
As did you

Location hidden

#101169 Apr 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>The bible says no one can see God and yet live, Thomas saw Jesus. During the time of Jesus many saw him and lived,why?
Jesus is not the Father

Location hidden

#101170 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The miracle is the t-rex, same exact thing, and no, you don't have any such evidence. All you'd have to add is a picture drawn by the child, nothing more, that's all the evidence you have of this "miracle," a picture drawn by a child in crayon.
Naw, I mentioned several things that are evidence to me.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#101171 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, I mentioned several things that are evidence to me.
"... to me." Yes, and your standards for evidence are insane, that is obvious from knowing you are a christian. Real evidence is not subjective, nor is it hearsay.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#101172 Apr 26, 2013
Here's a little story, when I was young I fell from a tree, two stories high. I landed safely on the ground, no injuries save a few bruises. Is this a "miracle?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 33 min Lwyphan 4,757
Kfc 41 min You are dumb 13
A Rat In Knox County 48 min You are dumb 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 153,367
opening in November 5 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 5 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Syd Redlitch 18
•••
•••
•••