Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,830)

Showing posts 96,581 - 96,600 of127,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the type of answer I suspected I would receive. Of course all 4 billion would be completely wrong, even if you were one of them.
I did not say Would be, but Could be... Absolutely even if I was one of them... I have seen a UFO.... I do not go running through streets yelling I B'Leve that space aliens are invading.... I Never Believe... I know, I think I know or I do not know.... To Believe is to allow irrational, illogical human frailty and perception to guide your life from reality to fantasy.....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>The temple garments look uncomfortable. Do the women wear these all the time?
They actually are quite comfortable. We wear them just like everyone else wears underwear (unless you go commando all the time).

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And yours still read like the product of a snarky, hypocritical 10th grade idiot who can't decide whether to ramble on in faux redneck or pseudo-intellectual. Good job!
The "truth is" it's christian leader hitler is dead and its sad and odviously ignorant, poor little lying sozi....

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Lol, *obviously* its odd also.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>The best analogy for this will give you the answer pretty much every thinking person would offer to this fallacy ad populum:

If your neighbor said he saw a t-rex walking down the street yesterday. You did not see it, you did not hear it, but he swears on his mother's grave he saw it. You'd be a nut to believe him. Now the analogy could end here and address anything in religious doctrine, even your lazily written books.

But it goes on. Let's say that all your neighbors concur with the one that saw the t-rex, all of them say they saw it too. You still did not see it, you did not hear it, but everyone claims one wandered right down your street. You'd be pretty gullible to believe them, even if they are not just basing what they claim on the one neighbor's claim.

Oh yeah, it continues on. Let's say the evening news shows the story with an artist's rendition or a film reenactment and they interview experts who also claim that a t-rex went right past your house this morning. Well now, you are faced with a conundrum, unless you are a thinking person. You see, even experts can be wrong, ignoring the fact that a lot of experts like to be stupid and jump out of their own fields to offer opinions on things they know nothing about. Let's put that last point of fact aside and pretend they are all pertinent to the case on hand. You would still be gullible to believe it. Why? Because no evidence has once been presented, none. You cannot test a person's "word," you can only take it at face value, and people have, and will, always see things that are not there as well as see things very differently than what is there.

Later it comes out that the "t-rex" was actually a Hindenburg, seen by the neighbor's child, that had a t-rex logo on the side. Now anyone who believed a real t-rex went down the street should feel stupid, sadly, they never do.
Yes, hilarious analogy, but not exactly like the miracle I spoke of. I saw the child on Friday and he was fine. Then I saw him on Sunday and he was telling everyone about what happened and showing off his scar. I saw the bloody carpet that wasn't there before as well.
So I guess you'd have to add some broken power lines, footprints, and maybe a half eaten cow to your story.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds even stupider than the made-up imbecilic context of it too.
Such as?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons claim Jesus is not God. How do you explain verse 28?

John 20:24-28 NIV

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”
Jesus is a God to us. We claim that Jesus is not the Father. They are two separate beings. We are subject to both.
TruthIs

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

TruthIsyourrnotTruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend to be someone you're not either-especially when you're just ignorantly attacking another.
That's just so imbecilic.
Too bad it is true. If it were a lie then it might be imbecilic. I was sure he loved to pretend he is someone he is not. Now you say no? I'm so confused.
TheBoss Sayz

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Ahhhhh, the little sozi, is in denial. Figures.
Try some counseling-sometimes it helps rude, ugly, lying, delusional, accusatory people like you.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad it is true. If it were a lie then it might be imbecilic. I was sure he loved to pretend he is someone he is not. Now you say no? I'm so confused.
Sounds like you have some personal problems with reality there.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
About on the same par level as that lame fifth grade level three word sentence structure "Gawd did it" Mentality.

It just oozes ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>You've already made it clear that you don't know how the internet works, so what makes you think that you know in any way what evidence would suggest?

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe then?
"

As few as one. As many as seven billion. Stop trying to act as though I require some certain number of eyewitnesses in order to believe something. I never made any such claim. If you understand how science works, you should know the answer already.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I just don't think atheists should use science to refute all points of why people are religious. They may not have all the evidence in yet. "

No, you don't get it. It is YOU who do not have enough evidence to substantiate your claim. Atheists aren't making any claims. Atheists are only denying that there is evidence to support a claim. There is no burden of proof on an atheist. One day, perhaps, science might validate your beliefs. Until then, there is no reason to believe they are factual.

Skeptical Spectacles wrote, "<quoted text>
Have you ever won an argument?"

I'm thinking not. But in his eyes, probably many.

TruthIs wrote, "<quoted text>
Your post reads much more intelligently, and far less accusatory now!! Good job!"

And yours still read like the product of a snarky, hypocritical 10th grade idiot who can't decide whether to ramble on in faux redneck or pseudo-intellectual. Good job!
GWB wrote, "<quoted text>
Mormons claim Jesus is not God. How do you explain verse 28?
"

Better yet, the apostle intelligently says he won't believe it without proof. Then, when he gets proof )in form of irrefutable evidence), he believes. Why is it so wrong to have the same standard as an apostle?
Yes clearly I don't know how to use the Internet. Which is why I'm not really on topix.
I don't click links because I can't see where they point from my phone.

Then you should believe the father of the child, since he was an eyewitness and science cannot explain his story.

Name one time when I said my beliefs or faith were factual? Nice way to dodge the point though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Yes, of course, according to the bible, god was in a jesus suit.
As I've said before, no, the Bible does not teach that. They are two different beings.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

The little sozi says clang, clang, clang. Lmao.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Iam not TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad it is true. If it were a lie then it might be imbecilic. I was sure he loved to pretend he is someone he is not. Now you say no? I'm so confused.
Seek professional help-anyone that's pretending to be anyone else, is in need of it.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said before, no, the Bible does not teach that. They are two different beings.
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Wow, the sozi is having a conversation with its self. Ignorance, delusional?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Must look alike in the coloring books, to the under 15 mental-ity crowd maybe?

(some serious socio-ILLogical issues in ones posting such, and claiming to be anything over the age of 15!)
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Grow up, and get a braincell.

"religie
- no dictionary results
No results found for religie."

Idiot.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Look, two religies talking about kids, figures.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,581 - 96,600 of127,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 144,850
Richard and Sarah hicks 2 hr Family 21
Richard hicks and Becky Abner 2 hr Who cares 2
Barbie Carpenter 2 hr really 6
Going to be rich in a day or two.. 3 hr Truthful 3
Who wrecked out route 6 5 hr Stick 3
Hobby Lobby ruling!! 7 hr bam 12
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 7 hr Fillus 382
KC Basketball Coach 9 hr Whatever 54
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating