Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,232

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101230 Apr 27, 2013
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha!
Funny!
But I'll have you know, I've been in computers since 1981!
I'll guess that you were still in diapers!
Whoosh
Little Boy Blue, go blow your horn -
off key and off topic.
The reference wasn't to electronics, but to your obsessive fascination with primitive fishmongers and sheep herders.
Are you trying to impress me that you might have fiddled around with a trash 80? I was writing programs on a Telex terminal in the 70's, so you guess wrong - as usual.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101231 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>I was distributing Vacation Bible school pamphlets in the hood, and this guy told me he didn't believe in God, told me he had 3 heart attacks...
I told him, that maybe God was waiting for him to believe...
He had this look on his face, like a light bulb just lit up!
He said "I never thought of it like that!", six months later...
an ambulance left his house silent, and I've not seen him since!
I hope he believed, just as I hope all of you do!
It don't make you stupid to believe... makes you smarter!
We know God is real... and we know Darwin was just satan's pawn!
A guy dies from his 4th heart attack...IT'S A MIRACLE!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101232 Apr 27, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>you've obviously never heard of the convulsionaires.
a scientist/logical person wouldn't use emotionally charged words in regards to phenomena, even phenomena they don't understand.
http://www.indiana.edu/~enltnmt/texts/convuls...
the catholic church actually tried to cover up the whole thing to their own chagrin.
Hysterics, stigmata, whirling dervishes, quakers, shakers, speaking in tongues, poison drinkers, snake handlers, side show freaks and whatnots. Sorry, I'm underwhelmed and unimpressed.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101233 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
"Which is scarier, a brown skinned guy with a book bag or 2 Baptists in a missile silo?"
<quoted text>To me?
None of them!
I'd rather go to my Lord from ground zero, but
have the feeling, that my head will be removed
by a muslims knife!
Either way... I have no fear of death, as Everyone
will go through it that dies before the Lord's return!
Whoosh...!
(shudder)
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101234 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hysterics, stigmata, whirling dervishes, quakers, shakers, speaking in tongues, poison drinkers, snake handlers, side show freaks and whatnots. Sorry, I'm underwhelmed and unimpressed.
i'm not here to masturbate egos. i never stated anything about stigmata, whirling dervishes, quakers, shakers, glossolalia, et al.

however your dismissive attitude to historical records show that you don't have a clue of what you're rambling about.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#101235 Apr 27, 2013
<quoted text>Sounds like one... doesn't it?
That's the amazing part... it's not!
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101236 Apr 27, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not here to masturbate egos. i never stated anything about stigmata, whirling dervishes, quakers, shakers, glossolalia, et al.
however your dismissive attitude to historical records show that you don't have a clue of what you're rambling about.
http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101237 Apr 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you're a lot of fun at magic shows. You are David Blaine's target audience.
I'm a lot of fun everywhere

Location hidden

#101238 Apr 27, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you don't understand that they are both hearsay.
No, I actually saw the blood and the scar less than two days after I visited his house. That isn't hearsay

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101239 Apr 27, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not here to masturbate egos. i never stated anything about stigmata, whirling dervishes, quakers, shakers, glossolalia, et al.
Your post had no correlation to KK's account of falling out of a tree, to YaA's post of his terminally unwise barber or to my sarcasm that either of them was a divine intervention. You can do whatever you wish with your ego - who am I to judge? At the same time, what Importance am I supposed to have awarded to either you or an irrelevant link? Will you next compare the Countess Cornelia Di Bandi's demise to curious' lost and found dog miracle?

Location hidden

#101240 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I actually saw the blood and the scar less than two days after I visited his house. That isn't hearsay
No one is denying you saw what you saw. But, does that mean his ear "magically" reattached to his head as they claim?

Successful illusionists provide plenty of physical evidence for their tricks, but we still know it's sleight of hand. Seeing should not be believing.

Location hidden

#101241 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post had no correlation to KK's account of falling out of a tree, to YaA's post of his terminally unwise barber or to my sarcasm that either of them was a divine intervention. You can do whatever you wish with your ego - who am I to judge? At the same time, what Importance am I supposed to have awarded to either you or an irrelevant link? Will you next compare the Countess Cornelia Di Bandi's demise to curious' lost and found dog miracle?
It's been my experience that his posts rarely have correlation or relevance to anything.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#101242 Apr 27, 2013
Conan wrote:
<quoted text>Because when I leave this life I want to spend eternity in Heaven, not hell. These are not scare tactics. They are warnings for your benefit. Like a tornado warning. The sirens sound scary but it is to give you a chance to get to safety. It is coming. If you can honestly say you have intelligence, look at the way things are these days and still say the end of this world is not imminent then you are not as smart as you think you are. We are not talking about swamp rats, we are talking about you and me. If hell is real, do you want to go there? People don't think an earthquake will happen but they still buy insurance for some reason. That just in case thing.
Are you afraid Mohammed might be the true prophet? If not, then you should see why we are not afraid of a god, or hell.
Earthquakes can be proven, gods cannot. People buy the insurance due to evidence of earthquakes. Now if you wish to pay a church for god insurance, that is your choice, but it has zero basis in evidence.
BTW, people in the days of Jesus were saying the end was near due to "how things are these days", so spare us the tired line. Things are no worse overall than they were in the past. In fact many things are better now than in the past, in my opinion.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101243 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
you used the word miracle.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101244 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
They actually are quite comfortable. We wear them just like everyone else wears underwear (unless you go commando all the time).
Going commando in the temple did cause me to be aroused. How embarrassing. I had to use the baseball technique.
When you are a teen and the hormones are raging, a breeze in that area can cause arousal.
And being dunked in the pool causes a wet T-shirt effect.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101245 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you think that you are on the planet mars and Heaven is no more?
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
If you had understood the previous verse ,
Luke16;16,16 THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS WERE PREACHED UNTIL JOHN. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it
You would have realized how wrong your conclusion is.

SP WROTE
)3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets.. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

What you quoted in MATT5;17 is correct, but, then, you commit the error of interpreting Scripture ,in exactly the opposite manner,as what you posted. You gave it a personal interpretation

3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter OF PERSONAL INTERPRETATION, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GOD.

Meaning ,THAT ONLY THOSE UNDER THE influence OF God can interpret it correctly
Since your interpretation was not influenced by God and is clearly erroneous,is further evidence of the accuracy of Scriptures

3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101246 Apr 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q
i can demonstrate gravity but you can't explain it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/...

10,000 times faster than the speed of light

http://www.livescience.com/28808-spooky-quant...
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101247 Apr 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been my experience that his posts rarely have correlation or relevance to anything.
nothing can be independent of itself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#101248 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is a God to us. We claim that Jesus is not the Father. They are two separate beings. We are subject to both.
So Jesus is god but separate? You mean in a separate form? Do you think this Jesus-form knew all the god-form knew? If so, then why might he have prayed and asked the lord why he had forsaken him? Or is this all due to a prophet telling the story wrong?
When you say "we" do you mean all Mormons are on the same page? If so, is this due to the holy ghost clarifying this claim to them? If so, then why do most other Christians not get the same clarification from the holy ghost?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#101249 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, He is our God and mediator with the Father.
Psalms 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Notice Jesus said that He said what was in their law. Jesus is the God of the Old Testament.
And Jesus made it very clear that He was subject to the Father. He prayed to the Father. He told us that He could do nothing that He didn't see the Father do. But to us, He is everything.
I see how you can interpret it that way. I was right then a contradiction does show other Gods exist despite what the O.T. claimed earlier "Isaiah 44:6-8". Is that one of the reasons the book of Mormon was written to clear up contradictions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 1 hr Lee 15
What do you think 1 hr Just sayin 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 1 hr Just sayin 188
teena Marie mills 1 hr john 15
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 2 hr Anonymous 22
hau mings mexican restaurant 3 hr NOBUGSFORME 1
dinky phipps 3 hr 1234aaa 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 24 dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match