Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,829)

Showing posts 96,561 - 96,580 of122,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, ok, Buzz Killington. I'll stop making jokes about your magic underwear.
Yeah, so far it looks like you are capable. Nice final jab as a demonstration

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>And you're still being insulting.

This is highly insulting. You don't get it. You won't get it. You are not open to the possibility of being wrong, nor of others being right and not sharing your lack of ability to reason.
Yes, I caught that sarcastic irony

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it mean JW's don't have to wash their underwear? Do they magically self cleanse? Inquiring minds want to know...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed I wasn't immature.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>None... I don't care if 4 Billion people witness something and claim it to be some miraculous thing... I still would not Believe... I would require Evidence that could be studied, verified, validated, tested and reproduced .... The Human Species See's a tiny portion of the light spectrum, hears a tiny sliver of the audio spectrum and sense a tiny tidbit of the em spectrum all together... And then the species has the ability to rationalize the observed in irrational, illogical and many times completely Wrong ways...
That's exactly the type of answer I suspected I would receive. Of course all 4 billion would be completely wrong, even if you were one of them.
Truthis

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it mean JW's don't have to wash their underwear? Do they magically self cleanse? Inquiring minds want to know...
They are not JW's they're Mormons. Don't remark about something you don't even know about.
Gobledegook

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
heeehaaaaw, you beter not wash yurs cuz thas the only way you kno you gottam on wright
yellow stain is the frontpart brown stain is the backpart

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Q-man summed it up well. But, you might want to google "why eye witness testimony is unreliable". I've said it before, any attorney will tell you that it's a lousy type of "evidence".
Sorry, but if I witnessed a long bearded man with a stick make water part, I wouldn't give a rip what an attorney had to say about it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
But,I see no reason to continue this disccussion.....I believe the reasons for not continuing should be fairly obvious...
Case Closed
LOL! Oh it's obvious.

Have you ever won an argument?
Gobledegook

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I never claimed I wasn't immature.
gat that wright youse alweys claim you was imanure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I never claimed I wasn't immature.
And I never denied it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Truthis wrote:
<quoted text>They are not JW's they're Mormons. Don't remark about something you don't even know about.
No one has magic underwear, not even Mormons

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
heeehaaaaw, you beter not wash yurs cuz thas the only way you kno you gottam on wright
yellow stain is the frontpart brown stain is the backpart
Now curious, we know that you like to sniff childrens underwear

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
gat that wright youse alweys claim you was imanure
And now curious you have shown that every one was right that everything you posted was crap.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Yep, jesus says gays go to heaven.

And on a side note, jesus loves a sinner.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
And those societies and cultures where around for ten thousand years before "THE" flood as portrayed in the Bible, that I perceive to be mythical.
China has written history from before "the same" and they did not get wiped out.
Egypt, an advanced culture has written history from before "the same", they did not get wiped out.
"My perception of the bible" is it's a story written to promote a race of people above all others and to justify their hate, blood lust, perversion, theft, and evil
We realize that stuff.

What is your problem? It's just a BOOK, and as with ANY book, people will and DO, perceive things differently.

Aren't you glad we don't live in some CommunisTic type country, where reading (among other things) is sometimes dictated!!! Wouldn't that just SUCK!

PS: Your post reads much more intelligently, and far less accusatory now!! Good job!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

"A deep unwavering belief is a sure sign you're missing something..."

I would say "missing alot of somethings".....
TruthIsyourrnotT ruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Truthis wrote:
I hear this _Ummm_ guy is a real queer. They say he has both men and women parts. Anyone know if that's true? He hacked a bunch of people on another thread. He will expose you if you threaten him I was told. Don't throw your address around on here, seriously.
Don't pretend to be someone you're not either-especially when you're just ignorantly attacking another.

That's just so imbecilic.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since only your posts show up that way, and everyone else's looks normal, evidence would suggest it is not my equipment.
How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe then?
No, I am just saying that science's stance can change based off of new discoveries. While I don't believe we will find a cave with "Adam and Eve wuz here" written on it, I just don't think atheists should use science to refute all points of why people are religious. They may not have all the evidence in yet.
The best analogy for this will give you the answer pretty much every thinking person would offer to this fallacy ad populum:

If your neighbor said he saw a t-rex walking down the street yesterday. You did not see it, you did not hear it, but he swears on his mother's grave he saw it. You'd be a nut to believe him. Now the analogy could end here and address anything in religious doctrine, even your lazily written books.

But it goes on. Let's say that all your neighbors concur with the one that saw the t-rex, all of them say they saw it too. You still did not see it, you did not hear it, but everyone claims one wandered right down your street. You'd be pretty gullible to believe them, even if they are not just basing what they claim on the one neighbor's claim.

Oh yeah, it continues on. Let's say the evening news shows the story with an artist's rendition or a film reenactment and they interview experts who also claim that a t-rex went right past your house this morning. Well now, you are faced with a conundrum, unless you are a thinking person. You see, even experts can be wrong, ignoring the fact that a lot of experts like to be stupid and jump out of their own fields to offer opinions on things they know nothing about. Let's put that last point of fact aside and pretend they are all pertinent to the case on hand. You would still be gullible to believe it. Why? Because no evidence has once been presented, none. You cannot test a person's "word," you can only take it at face value, and people have, and will, always see things that are not there as well as see things very differently than what is there.

Later it comes out that the "t-rex" was actually a Hindenburg, seen by the neighbor's child, that had a t-rex logo on the side. Now anyone who believed a real t-rex went down the street should feel stupid, sadly, they never do.
Conan

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
None... I don't care if 4 Billion people witness something and claim it to be some miraculous thing... I still would not Believe... I would require Evidence that could be studied, verified, validated, tested and reproduced .... The Human Species See's a tiny portion of the light spectrum, hears a tiny sliver of the audio spectrum and sense a tiny tidbit of the em spectrum all together... And then the species has the ability to rationalize the observed in irrational, illogical and many times completely Wrong ways...
A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign but there shall be no sign given. It would be just as wise to say I hope there is a God and a beautiful Heaven to go to after I die. Why do people fight and resist it so much? What would be so wrong with a beautiful Heaven to go to? If it is true that is all the better for all of us right? If not then you won't be any worse off than you are now would you? It is like getting raped.-- If you can't stop it and it's going to happen you may as well lie back and enjoy it. Right? There is always a way of looking at things differently. What do you have to lose? Are you worried about being scammed by God or something? When life is over what is the difference? I say better safe than sorry. You have nothing to lose if it's not true and a home in Heaven for eternity if it is. Who can possibly want to go to hell? That's just crazy thinking. As they say about the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. If you live this lousy life here on earth then miss Heaven too, you have lost it all. I say take a chance on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,561 - 96,580 of122,687
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lamon jones 7 min wtf 11
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Jay 138,617
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 46 min jss 27
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,199
Kenny Turner (Dec '09) 1 hr true 6
dell sff desktop 2 hr travis 3
burgerking and walmart 3 hr fred 2
•••
•••