Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,561 - 96,580 of 130,298 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
TruthIsyourrnotT ruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Truthis wrote:
I hear this _Ummm_ guy is a real queer. They say he has both men and women parts. Anyone know if that's true? He hacked a bunch of people on another thread. He will expose you if you threaten him I was told. Don't throw your address around on here, seriously.
Don't pretend to be someone you're not either-especially when you're just ignorantly attacking another.

That's just so imbecilic.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since only your posts show up that way, and everyone else's looks normal, evidence would suggest it is not my equipment.
How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe then?
No, I am just saying that science's stance can change based off of new discoveries. While I don't believe we will find a cave with "Adam and Eve wuz here" written on it, I just don't think atheists should use science to refute all points of why people are religious. They may not have all the evidence in yet.
The best analogy for this will give you the answer pretty much every thinking person would offer to this fallacy ad populum:

If your neighbor said he saw a t-rex walking down the street yesterday. You did not see it, you did not hear it, but he swears on his mother's grave he saw it. You'd be a nut to believe him. Now the analogy could end here and address anything in religious doctrine, even your lazily written books.

But it goes on. Let's say that all your neighbors concur with the one that saw the t-rex, all of them say they saw it too. You still did not see it, you did not hear it, but everyone claims one wandered right down your street. You'd be pretty gullible to believe them, even if they are not just basing what they claim on the one neighbor's claim.

Oh yeah, it continues on. Let's say the evening news shows the story with an artist's rendition or a film reenactment and they interview experts who also claim that a t-rex went right past your house this morning. Well now, you are faced with a conundrum, unless you are a thinking person. You see, even experts can be wrong, ignoring the fact that a lot of experts like to be stupid and jump out of their own fields to offer opinions on things they know nothing about. Let's put that last point of fact aside and pretend they are all pertinent to the case on hand. You would still be gullible to believe it. Why? Because no evidence has once been presented, none. You cannot test a person's "word," you can only take it at face value, and people have, and will, always see things that are not there as well as see things very differently than what is there.

Later it comes out that the "t-rex" was actually a Hindenburg, seen by the neighbor's child, that had a t-rex logo on the side. Now anyone who believed a real t-rex went down the street should feel stupid, sadly, they never do.
Conan

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
None... I don't care if 4 Billion people witness something and claim it to be some miraculous thing... I still would not Believe... I would require Evidence that could be studied, verified, validated, tested and reproduced .... The Human Species See's a tiny portion of the light spectrum, hears a tiny sliver of the audio spectrum and sense a tiny tidbit of the em spectrum all together... And then the species has the ability to rationalize the observed in irrational, illogical and many times completely Wrong ways...
A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign but there shall be no sign given. It would be just as wise to say I hope there is a God and a beautiful Heaven to go to after I die. Why do people fight and resist it so much? What would be so wrong with a beautiful Heaven to go to? If it is true that is all the better for all of us right? If not then you won't be any worse off than you are now would you? It is like getting raped.-- If you can't stop it and it's going to happen you may as well lie back and enjoy it. Right? There is always a way of looking at things differently. What do you have to lose? Are you worried about being scammed by God or something? When life is over what is the difference? I say better safe than sorry. You have nothing to lose if it's not true and a home in Heaven for eternity if it is. Who can possibly want to go to hell? That's just crazy thinking. As they say about the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. If you live this lousy life here on earth then miss Heaven too, you have lost it all. I say take a chance on it.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>

Any reference to magic underwear is just an attempt to make Mormons look stupid.
It sounds even stupider than the made-up imbecilic context of it too.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Conan wrote:
<quoted text>A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign but there shall be no sign given. It would be just as wise to say I hope there is a God and a beautiful Heaven to go to after I die. Why do people fight and resist it so much? What would be so wrong with a beautiful Heaven to go to? If it is true that is all the better for all of us right? If not then you won't be any worse off than you are now would you? It is like getting raped.-- If you can't stop it and it's going to happen you may as well lie back and enjoy it. Right? There is always a way of looking at things differently. What do you have to lose? Are you worried about being scammed by God or something? When life is over what is the difference? I say better safe than sorry. You have nothing to lose if it's not true and a home in Heaven for eternity if it is. Who can possibly want to go to hell? That's just crazy thinking. As they say about the lottery, you can't win if you don't play. If you live this lousy life here on earth then miss Heaven too, you have lost it all. I say take a chance on it.
You having to resort to scare tactics shows that you do not believe in your god.
Hey, if you do not worship the swamp thing you will spend eternity as a swamp rat, do you want to take that chance?
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has magic underwear, not even Mormons
Mormons claim Jesus is not God. How do you explain verse 28?

John 20:24-28 NIV

24 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him,“We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them,“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said,“Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas,“Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him,“My Lord and my God!”
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, TheIndependentMajority. I recall that we've had dissent before.
I accept by your sarcasm that we have reached the practical limits of your argument. Again.
(However, on aside to curious:
Please note who uses multiple nicks - it is NOT the registered users.)
I don't do head banging. Why bother, it's just good for head aches!!

I do however find it interesting that the peaks Hindu Kush rifted out from the Tethys sea!

And what happened to discussing the Macabees?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Yep, jesus says gays go to heaven.
And on a side note, jesus loves a sinner.
Jesus was said to have loved a lot of sinners.

Thank God.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Only a self proclaimed nazi would say if your being raped lay back and enjoy it, what an idiot.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

*your* You're. Grammar nazi's are out and about.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since only your posts show up that way, and everyone else's looks normal, evidence would suggest it is not my equipment.
You've already made it clear that you don't know how the internet works, so what makes you think that you know in any way what evidence would suggest?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe then?
As few as one. As many as seven billion. Stop trying to act as though I require some certain number of eyewitnesses in order to believe something. I never made any such claim. If you understand how science works, you should know the answer already.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't think atheists should use science to refute all points of why people are religious. They may not have all the evidence in yet.
No, you don't get it. It is YOU who do not have enough evidence to substantiate your claim. Atheists aren't making any claims. Atheists are only denying that there is evidence to support a claim. There is no burden of proof on an atheist. One day, perhaps, science might validate your beliefs. Until then, there is no reason to believe they are factual.
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever won an argument?
I'm thinking not. But in his eyes, probably many.
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post reads much more intelligently, and far less accusatory now!! Good job!
And yours still read like the product of a snarky, hypocritical 10th grade idiot who can't decide whether to ramble on in faux redneck or pseudo-intellectual. Good job!
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Mormons claim Jesus is not God. How do you explain verse 28?
Better yet, the apostle intelligently says he won't believe it without proof. Then, when he gets proof )in form of irrefutable evidence), he believes. Why is it so wrong to have the same standard as an apostle?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes, of course, according to the bible, god was in a jesus suit.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God did not tell me 3-5... He tells NO one the day n time!
Did you not read that?
"I do not believe a god spoke to you"
That's your problem isn't it?
God spoke Adam and Eve too... What part of "Do NOT eat" did they not understand?
God was RIGHT on... when He told me anything... including Obama!
Surely you can see it now... can you not?
Of course he did not specify the date. He left if vague enough for followers to make up crap out of thin air. They always seem to think it will happen in their lifetime, but obviously several billion thought wrong.
So you still do not like Obama? Who would have guessed? I still like him, how could you not guess this?

I do not believe in an Adam and Eve. I do not believe eating from the tree of knowledge is a bad thing.
I do not believe you know anything godlike.
Praying for

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

the Rapture... I can't take much more.
Conan

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You having to resort to scare tactics shows that you do not believe in your god.
Hey, if you do not worship the swamp thing you will spend eternity as a swamp rat, do you want to take that chance?
Because when I leave this life I want to spend eternity in Heaven, not hell. These are not scare tactics. They are warnings for your benefit. Like a tornado warning. The sirens sound scary but it is to give you a chance to get to safety. It is coming. If you can honestly say you have intelligence, look at the way things are these days and still say the end of this world is not imminent then you are not as smart as you think you are. We are not talking about swamp rats, we are talking about you and me. If hell is real, do you want to go there? People don't think an earthquake will happen but they still buy insurance for some reason. That just in case thing.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Only a self proclaimed nazi would say if your being raped lay back and enjoy it, what an idiot.
Is that what you are, and your perception on things?

Figures.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
Better yet, the apostle intelligently says he won't believe it without proof. Then, when he gets proof )in form of irrefutable evidence), he believes. Why is it so wrong to have the same standard as an apostle?
Great point. The Bible actually does require evidence. Consider this verse.

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Truthis wrote:
<quoted text>They are not JW's they're Mormons. Don't remark about something you don't even know about.
A Cult is a cult is a cult is a cult....

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Ahhhhh, the little sozi, is in denial. Figures.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the type of answer I suspected I would receive. Of course all 4 billion would be completely wrong, even if you were one of them.
I did not say Would be, but Could be... Absolutely even if I was one of them... I have seen a UFO.... I do not go running through streets yelling I B'Leve that space aliens are invading.... I Never Believe... I know, I think I know or I do not know.... To Believe is to allow irrational, illogical human frailty and perception to guide your life from reality to fantasy.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Reality 150,151
Need Prayer 21 min JJW 2
who knows Lecora Smith???? 29 min just wondering 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SLY WEST 3,476
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 4 hr IronHammer 8
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 5 hr Dental Assistant 41
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 6 hr Big fan 3

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••