Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,555

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101208 Apr 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because it's a Bull Crap story?... Just a guess....
Sounds like one... doesn't it?
That's the amazing part... it's not!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101209 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The miracle is the t-rex, same exact thing, and no, you don't have any such evidence. All you'd have to add is a picture drawn by the child, nothing more, that's all the evidence you have of this "miracle," a picture drawn by a child in crayon.
Oh!
You mean like the artists representations of Every pre-historic creature like Lucy, and the evolutionary charts...
WOW!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101210 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am stealing this
You can't "steal" it. The letter has been circulating for years and is in the public domain.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101211 Apr 27, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you're saying, but be strong... the worst is yet to come!
Let NOT your heart be troubled!
Amen!
Which is scarier, a brown skinned guy with a book bag or 2 Baptists in a missile silo?
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101212 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Here's a little story, when I was young I fell from a tree, two stories high. I landed safely on the ground, no injuries save a few bruises. Is this a "miracle?"
Yes!
as many things that happen to people... could have killed ya!
Had an old barber, like to ride w/out a helmet...
bumped his head on the ground in a fender bender...
died about 4 hours later!
He was old, but the young die too...
seems as in me, God was giving me the chance to get right w/Him!
I will learn more later, and hope you do too!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101213 Apr 27, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
Godís character never changes, nor does He ever act in any way that is inconsistent with His character. What we have to realize is that part of Godís character is that when people repent, He stays His wrath, but when they turn from good and do evil, He brings judgement. This was especially evident in the Old Testament when divine justice was often swift and apparent to all. People change, not God's standards or God's nature, and as they change, He varies in His dealings with them. This is how it has always been and always will be with God.
Great post!
God Bless :-)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101214 Apr 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but if I witnessed a long bearded man with a stick make water part, I wouldn't give a rip what an attorney had to say about it.
I bet you're a lot of fun at magic shows. You are David Blaine's target audience.
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101215 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
By the content of your posts, I'd always thought your browser was goat skins and papyrus scraps.
Hahaha!
Funny!
But I'll have you know, I've been in computers since 1981!
I'll guess that you were still in diapers!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101216 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is scarier, a brown skinned guy with a book bag or 2 Baptists in a missile silo?
To me?
None of them!
I'd rather go to my Lord from ground zero, but
have the feeling, that my head will be removed
by a muslims knife!
Either way... I have no fear of death, as Everyone
will go through it that dies before the Lord's return!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#101217 Apr 27, 2013
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
as many things that happen to people... could have killed ya!
Had an old barber, like to ride w/out a helmet...
bumped his head on the ground in a fender bender...
died about 4 hours later!
He was old, but the young die too...
seems as in me, God was giving me the chance to get right w/Him!
I will learn more later, and hope you do too!
A kid falls out of a tree and lives. A guy slams his head on concrete without a brain bucket and dies. In your superstitious mind that proves miracles are real...?
You haven't learned a damned thing in years. Time's a wastin', YaA. Quit hitting the snooze button.
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101218 Apr 27, 2013
You all have a great day,
May the Lord bless you all with true wisdom!
Proverbs
1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge:[but]
fools despise wisdom and instruction.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101219 Apr 27, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>
Without getting into an exposition of Scripture, the Bible is clear that the Mosaic Covenant (in which the laws you referenced are found) has been replaced by the New Covenant. While there are some similarities between the two covenants, this is not one of them. The Law of Moses was a contract between God and Israel to govern their life in the land of Canaan, both spiritually and politically (a theocratic kingdom). The New Covenant serves an entirely different purpose. The New Covenant governs our spirituality, not our politics. While the New Testament is clear that God has ordained human government to punish evil and commend the good (Romans 13:1-7) it does not speak to how that punishment ought to be carried out for particular moral crimes, or the degree of punishment. It would seem that those decisions are given to the state. It is clear, however, that under the New Covenant sins are not punished in the same way they were under the Mosaic Covenant because the New Covenant is a spiritual, not a political-social covenant.
It would be a mistake, then, to say that Christians are not obeying their own Scripture, or being arbitrary in what parts of the Bible they keep. Each passage of Scripture must be evaluated within its historical and covenantal context, and be applied appropriately. Not all commands in Scripture apply equally for all people and all times (but are specific to a covenant), whereas others do. For example, while I am not obligated to build an ark, I am obligated to abstain from murder.Christians are not ignoring those Old Testament passages, but are properly interpreting them within their context and applying them appropriately.
Please post the bible verses where it says that there is a convent and what the new convent is.
Show the book chapter and verses like this please (I said please)
ďFor truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.Ē(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasnít the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#101220 Apr 27, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>A liar, and now a thief... tisk tisk!
But not a hypocrite
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101221 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A kid falls out of a tree and lives. A guy slams his head on concrete without a brain bucket and dies. In your superstitious mind that proves miracles are real...?
You haven't learned a damned thing in years. Time's a wastin', YaA. Quit hitting the snooze button.
you've obviously never heard of the convulsionaires.

a scientist/logical person wouldn't use emotionally charged words in regards to phenomena, even phenomena they don't understand.

http://www.indiana.edu/~enltnmt/texts/convuls...

the catholic church actually tried to cover up the whole thing to their own chagrin.
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101222 Apr 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was distributing Vacation Bible school pamphlets in the hood, and this guy told me he didn't believe in God, told me he had 3 heart attacks...
I told him, that maybe God was waiting for him to believe...
He had this look on his face, like a light bulb just lit up!
He said "I never thought of it like that!", six months later...
an ambulance left his house silent, and I've not seen him since!
I hope he believed, just as I hope all of you do!
It don't make you stupid to believe... makes you smarter!
We know God is real... and we know Darwin was just satan's pawn!
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101223 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Please post the bible verses where it says that there is a convent and what the new convent is.
Show the book chapter and verses like this please (I said please)
ďFor truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.Ē(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasnít the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
the new covenant is simply a new heaven and a new earth based upon the adherents new understanding/perception.

unless there is a shift in the observer's space/time observation there can be no new understanding.

it is an awareness of self's change in space/time as einsteins theory of relativity explains.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101224 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But not a hypocrite
Oh yes.... Yes you are!
Thanks again!
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101225 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But not a hypocrite
a promotion of the shadow over the light is illogical.

you love me and i froze in time.
hungry for that flesh of mine.

we learn to dance with the wolves lest they tear us to pieces.

tat tvam asi

Vera Donovan: Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

falling to pieces
she wolf
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101226 Apr 27, 2013
a part of me

we are always meting/meeting self.

aryan

iran or ireland

cernunnos

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/c/cernunnos....

where ever you go there you are so here I AM
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#101227 Apr 27, 2013
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I was distributing Vacation Bible school pamphlets in the hood, and this guy told me he didn't believe in God, told me he had 3 heart attacks...
I told him, that maybe God was waiting for him to believe...
He had this look on his face, like a light bulb just lit up!
He said "I never thought of it like that!", six months later...
an ambulance left his house silent, and I've not seen him since!
I hope he believed, just as I hope all of you do!
It don't make you stupid to believe... makes you smarter!
We know God is real... and we know Darwin was just satan's pawn!
jesus isn't the ABSOLUTE. you are a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who knows carla davis? (Nov '12) 1 hr Yummy 53
3 sum 1 hr Lmao 4
Devin Eubanks in Jail 1 hr lol 1
John w bays 6 hr lol 2
Barbourville utilities 7 hr crazt 7
Barbourville High School 8 hr citizen 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! 10 hr BSFan 15
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match