Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,545

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101188 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>"... to me." Yes, and your standards for evidence are insane, that is obvious from knowing you are a christian. Real evidence is not subjective, nor is it hearsay.
Scar and blood that wasn't there 2 days prior doesn't seem subjective to me.

Location hidden

#101189 Apr 27, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus was a lesser God or a god as Jehovah's witness believe also.

This bible verse contradicts what you are saying. Why?

Isaiah 45:5

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:6
"This is what the LORD says-- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
To us, He is our God and mediator with the Father.
Psalms 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Notice Jesus said that He said what was in their law. Jesus is the God of the Old Testament.
And Jesus made it very clear that He was subject to the Father. He prayed to the Father. He told us that He could do nothing that He didn't see the Father do. But to us, He is everything.

Location hidden

#101190 Apr 27, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets be truthful, you're an idiot and it's obvious.
Your holyhatebible should be no where near public schools........respect a religie.......not gonna happen........ Remember......
Ooh ohh ah ah

Location hidden

#101191 Apr 27, 2013
LEGIONS wrote:
<quoted text>Without getting into an exposition of Scripture, the Bible is clear that the Mosaic Covenant (in which the laws you referenced are found) has been replaced by the New Covenant. While there are some similarities between the two covenants, this is not one of them. The Law of Moses was a contract between God and Israel to govern their life in the land of Canaan, both spiritually and politically (a theocratic kingdom). The New Covenant serves an entirely different purpose. The New Covenant governs our spirituality, not our politics. While the New Testament is clear that God has ordained human government to punish evil and commend the good (Romans 13:1-7) it does not speak to how that punishment ought to be carried out for particular moral crimes, or the degree of punishment. It would seem that those decisions are given to the state. It is clear, however, that under the New Covenant sins are not punished in the same way they were under the Mosaic Covenant because the New Covenant is a spiritual, not a political-social covenant.

It would be a mistake, then, to say that Christians are not obeying their own Scripture, or being arbitrary in what parts of the Bible they keep. Each passage of Scripture must be evaluated within its historical and covenantal context, and be applied appropriately. Not all commands in Scripture apply equally for all people and all times (but are specific to a covenant), whereas others do. For example, while I am not obligated to build an ark, I am obligated to abstain from murder.Christians are not ignoring those Old Testament passages, but are properly interpreting them within their context and applying them appropriately.
Nice post

Location hidden

#101192 Apr 27, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>All religions do. The JWs don't allow premarital sex at all, masturbation is a no no and oral will get you in trouble.

There's a Mormon on TV for murder, if one will do that then I'm sure another one will show her temple garments. I goofed around with a girl one time that had a sweet German accent and soon after we met she told me she was Amish and her conscience wouldn't allow her to see me anymore. Usually the stricter the parents, the more reason for them to rebel the first chance they get. That's my experience on it anyway.

Sex is a powerful thing. Kind of makes you wonder about free will when some of us have a sex drive of a bull elephant and everything we want to do is a sin. Doesn't seem fair to burden people with a sex drive if you punish them for using it.
Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should though.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101193 Apr 27, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
This stupid remark is almost older than you are.
You need to get some new material for your rants.
They are getting repetitious and monotonous.
The fact that most of the time you simply laugh like a lunatic shows that, well.... you are a lunatic.
Jumping up and down shouting "god is real, he talks to me" convinces no one.
YOU convince no one.
Whatever you want to believe,
but you do seem to respond to my posts....
What does that make you?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101194 Apr 27, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
And you're still being insulting.
<quoted text>
This is highly insulting. You don't get it. You won't get it. You are not open to the possibility of being wrong, nor of others being right and not sharing your lack of ability to reason.
When it comes to God's existence... you, and every other atheist is Wrong!
If you do not know... God is real, it ONLY means
YOU do not know!
We hope that changes for you, as it had for us!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101195 Apr 27, 2013
Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
heeehaaaaw, you beter not wash yurs cuz thas the only way you kno you gottam on wright
yellow stain is the frontpart brown stain is the backpart
LOL
He's probably old enough to use disposables... by now!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101196 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now curious, we know that you like to sniff childrens underwear
Nasty... just like we'd expect from people like you!
Thanks again for proving God, and the Bible true!
:-)
Keep on posting your tripe!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101197 Apr 27, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Yep, jesus says gays go to heaven.
And on a side note, jesus loves a sinner.
Only if they repent, and want to sin no more....
you cannot serve God, and lust!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101198 Apr 27, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe,
but you do seem to respond to my posts....
What does that make you?
Amused.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101199 Apr 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course he did not specify the date. He left if vague enough for followers to make up crap out of thin air. They always seem to think it will happen in their lifetime, but obviously several billion thought wrong.
So you still do not like Obama? Who would have guessed? I still like him, how could you not guess this?
I do not believe in an Adam and Eve. I do not believe eating from the tree of knowledge is a bad thing.
I do not believe you know anything godlike.
Whatever you want to believe...
But it does not surprise me that you still like Osama....
Seems many of your kind are jumping ship... hoping you were one!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101200 Apr 27, 2013
Praying for wrote:
the Rapture... I can't take much more.
I know what you're saying, but be strong... the worst is yet to come!
Let NOT your heart be troubled!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101201 Apr 27, 2013
Anyone else getting "Ads by Zink"????
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101202 Apr 27, 2013
Conan wrote:
<quoted text>Because when I leave this life I want to spend eternity in Heaven, not hell. These are not scare tactics. They are warnings for your benefit. Like a tornado warning. The sirens sound scary but it is to give you a chance to get to safety. It is coming. If you can honestly say you have intelligence, look at the way things are these days and still say the end of this world is not imminent then you are not as smart as you think you are. We are not talking about swamp rats, we are talking about you and me. If hell is real, do you want to go there? People don't think an earthquake will happen but they still buy insurance for some reason. That just in case thing.
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101203 Apr 27, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Great point. The Bible actually does require evidence. Consider this verse.
1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
You believe, because you have seen me.... Blessed are those that believe, and have not seen!
Of course... If you believe in your heart... you will have your proof!
It's funny that way!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101204 Apr 27, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
A recent post reminded me of the religie hate thing.
Why do religies denie it? I think it starts with their ancestors belief in a sky critter.
"denie" it???
update your browser to ie10...
it has spellcheck!
I make a game out of it... I like to spell exasperatingly hard words to see if I got them right!
LOL
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#101205 Apr 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am stealing this
A liar, and now a thief... tisk tisk!
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#101206 Apr 27, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says no one can see God and yet live, Thomas saw Jesus. During the time of Jesus many saw him and lived,why?
Geeesh!
Do you not understand anything?
God is a spirit... just like the one you have IN you... only better!
Christ was God's spirit (Holy spirit) in the Human form of Christ!
You must be born again of His spirit to escape death of the spirit!
Hope that helps

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101207 Apr 27, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>"denie" it???
update your browser to ie10...
it has spellcheck!
I make a game out of it... I like to spell exasperatingly hard words to see if I got them right!
LOL
By the content of your posts, I'd always thought your browser was goat skins and papyrus scraps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville utilities 52 min Fustrated 5
John w bays 53 min Victim 1
Gary Williams NO MORE FREE COFFEE 1 hr Smart shoppers 5
missing female shit-zu 1 hr concerned owner 1
Barbourville High School 3 hr A Shame 1
chris vandusen jurk or what (May '13) 4 hr Really 9
Jackie Boles (Oct '13) 5 hr Whoever 7
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match