Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,541 - 96,560 of 130,466 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101066 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>

How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe then?

None... I don't care if 4 Billion people witness something and claim it to be some miraculous thing... I still would not Believe... I would require Evidence that could be studied, verified, validated, tested and reproduced .... The Human Species See's a tiny portion of the light spectrum, hears a tiny sliver of the audio spectrum and sense a tiny tidbit of the em spectrum all together... And then the species has the ability to rationalize the observed in irrational, illogical and many times completely Wrong ways...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#101067 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>

How many eyewitnesses of a miracle are necessary for you to believe
Q-man summed it up well. But, you might want to google "why eye witness testimony is unreliable". I've said it before, any attorney will tell you that it's a lousy type of "evidence".
curious

Ocoee, FL

#101068 Apr 26, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
And you're still being insulting.
<quoted text>
This is highly insulting. You don't get it. You won't get it. You are not open to the possibility of being wrong, nor of others being right and not sharing your lack of ability to reason.
You are taking things out of context,which I really did not expect from you;
You obviously,wether by accident or design,chose to post what was convenient for you
"quoted text>curious wrote
Your mind deceived you into not believing in God,because that is what you wanted

Here is what I posted,in it's entirety.

Your assumption that my mind deceived me into believing in God,because I wanted to,can also be applied to your situation,Your mind deceived you into not believing in God,because that is what you wanted.

So ,no,I was not insulting,merely pointing out that what you wrong fully assumed about me and my beliefs,could also be applied to you and your beliefs.
So i did not insult you,and I will not apologize for posting the truth.
But ,I do want to thank you Your comments have served to further strengthen my faith...Although that was not your intention
that is what you managed to accomplish.
But,I see no reason to continue this disccussion.....I believe the reasons for not continuing should be fairly obvious...
Case Closed

Location hidden

#101069 Apr 26, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, ok, Buzz Killington. I'll stop making jokes about your magic underwear.
Yeah, so far it looks like you are capable. Nice final jab as a demonstration

Location hidden

#101070 Apr 26, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>And you're still being insulting.

This is highly insulting. You don't get it. You won't get it. You are not open to the possibility of being wrong, nor of others being right and not sharing your lack of ability to reason.
Yes, I caught that sarcastic irony

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#101071 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it mean JW's don't have to wash their underwear? Do they magically self cleanse? Inquiring minds want to know...

Location hidden

#101072 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed I wasn't immature.

Location hidden

#101073 Apr 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>None... I don't care if 4 Billion people witness something and claim it to be some miraculous thing... I still would not Believe... I would require Evidence that could be studied, verified, validated, tested and reproduced .... The Human Species See's a tiny portion of the light spectrum, hears a tiny sliver of the audio spectrum and sense a tiny tidbit of the em spectrum all together... And then the species has the ability to rationalize the observed in irrational, illogical and many times completely Wrong ways...
That's exactly the type of answer I suspected I would receive. Of course all 4 billion would be completely wrong, even if you were one of them.
Truthis

Monticello, KY

#101074 Apr 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it mean JW's don't have to wash their underwear? Do they magically self cleanse? Inquiring minds want to know...
They are not JW's they're Mormons. Don't remark about something you don't even know about.
Gobledegook

Ocoee, FL

#101075 Apr 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
heeehaaaaw, you beter not wash yurs cuz thas the only way you kno you gottam on wright
yellow stain is the frontpart brown stain is the backpart

Location hidden

#101076 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>Q-man summed it up well. But, you might want to google "why eye witness testimony is unreliable". I've said it before, any attorney will tell you that it's a lousy type of "evidence".
Sorry, but if I witnessed a long bearded man with a stick make water part, I wouldn't give a rip what an attorney had to say about it.

Location hidden

#101077 Apr 26, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
But,I see no reason to continue this disccussion.....I believe the reasons for not continuing should be fairly obvious...
Case Closed
LOL! Oh it's obvious.

Have you ever won an argument?
Gobledegook

Ocoee, FL

#101078 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I never claimed I wasn't immature.
gat that wright youse alweys claim you was imanure

Location hidden

#101079 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>I never claimed I wasn't immature.
And I never denied it.

Location hidden

#101080 Apr 26, 2013
Truthis wrote:
<quoted text>They are not JW's they're Mormons. Don't remark about something you don't even know about.
No one has magic underwear, not even Mormons

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101081 Apr 26, 2013
Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
heeehaaaaw, you beter not wash yurs cuz thas the only way you kno you gottam on wright
yellow stain is the frontpart brown stain is the backpart
Now curious, we know that you like to sniff childrens underwear

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#101082 Apr 26, 2013
Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
gat that wright youse alweys claim you was imanure
And now curious you have shown that every one was right that everything you posted was crap.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#101084 Apr 26, 2013
Yep, jesus says gays go to heaven.

And on a side note, jesus loves a sinner.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101085 Apr 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
And those societies and cultures where around for ten thousand years before "THE" flood as portrayed in the Bible, that I perceive to be mythical.
China has written history from before "the same" and they did not get wiped out.
Egypt, an advanced culture has written history from before "the same", they did not get wiped out.
"My perception of the bible" is it's a story written to promote a race of people above all others and to justify their hate, blood lust, perversion, theft, and evil
We realize that stuff.

What is your problem? It's just a BOOK, and as with ANY book, people will and DO, perceive things differently.

Aren't you glad we don't live in some CommunisTic type country, where reading (among other things) is sometimes dictated!!! Wouldn't that just SUCK!

PS: Your post reads much more intelligently, and far less accusatory now!! Good job!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#101086 Apr 26, 2013
"A deep unwavering belief is a sure sign you're missing something..."

I would say "missing alot of somethings".....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Ali the great one 1,215
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 16 min Junk man 10
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Commietator 151,091
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 25 min Concerned 7
Fight lee mart 35 min dkkdk 2
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 39 min my two cents 37
Travis slushpup 57 min Crissy 2
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search