Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,466

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100989 Apr 26, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus will never lose! People lose. And we have allowed the lord to be taken out of almost everything in this world and look what it has created! More killing, more evil, more hurt and shame and corruption and hate. When the people of the world prayed to jesus and we included him in all we did you didn't see much of this thats going on now. Kids killing kids, parents killing kids, on and on and on. He is the alpha and omega. He will not force you to love n worship him. He's not that kind of god. But how sweet the peace is he gives you in your mind and soul when you do accept him as your savior. Nothing better.
Amen!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100990 Apr 26, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Yiago, you think Christians targets homosexuality what about Islamic Shayari Law???? You get to caught up with Christians and their faith of love. Christian disagree with you about Homosexuality but they still love you as Christ does. I suggest you quit Christian bashing. I suggest you study Islamic rules about Homosexuality!!! Leave Christians along their not you're problem. Shayari law or Christian biblical law which will impact you the most???
All three of the Abrahamic cults are evil.
Thank you for proving that point

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100991 Apr 26, 2013
Posters like YAA, curious, johnny boy, remind me of a christian leader who wanted a christian world. His name was A. Hitler
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100992 Apr 26, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
The Bible rarely mentions homosexuality at all, and often in unclear terms. According to the way people used to interpret the Bible, you could easily interpret those passages in different ways. Christians do this ALL THE TIME. It is how they dodge the tricky parts of the Bible such as the story of Abraham going to sacrifice Isaac. They interpret it in a way that makes it sound good.
Yet they fixate on their negative interpretation of the gay bits. They fixate on it in a big way. Why? Why this one little thing? Is it because this is a small minority and an easy target?
In the begging He created them Male, and Female....
Adam n Eve.... NOT Adam n Steve!
Get over it!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100993 Apr 26, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>In the begging He created them Male, and Female....
Get over it!
YAA, you use the bible to justify having sex with your own daughter and condemn others.
You need to learn that your religious rights end with you
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100994 Apr 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Posters like YAA, curious, johnny boy, remind me of a christian leader who wanted a christian world. His name was A. Hitler
Hahahaha!
What a person devoid of understanding can make up!
Christ taught Love...
What part of what Hitler did... says Love?
NOTHING!
So get off it... you make yourself look foolish, and
the Bible to be true!
Thanks again!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100995 Apr 26, 2013
Get over it!
There was no Garden of Eden. Get over it.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100996 Apr 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>YAA, you use the bible to justify having sex with your own daughter and condemn others.
You need to learn that your religious rights end with you
Hahaha!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100997 Apr 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real...
Get over that!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100999 Apr 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If a holy ghost was verifying truth, why so many different opinions of what god wants,why so many religions, why so many denominations, who so many sects?
Because in most all of these churches there are truths. They have pieces of the gospel, but most of the founders of these churches readily admitted that it was not the full gospel, but rather the best they could do.
Roger Williams even said that until angels and apostles visit the earth, God's church would not be here. Nevertheless, they all are able to feel the Holy Ghost because of the truths that exist. Everyone feels the Holy Ghost differently, therefore it is difficult for some to separate prompting a from the Holy Ghost, from their own thoughts.
There is a difference however between feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost and the gift of the Holy Ghost through the priesthood authority of God.

Jesus prophesied that there would be a falling away from the church hat He established. And in Revelations, John tells us that the Heavens would be rolled up like a scroll and God would not speak to man for a period of time. This period of time, we call an apostasy, because there was no one appointed to receive revelation from God, therefore different interpretations of scripture began to occur. Questions needed to be answered but there was no one to receive revelation to answer the questions definitively.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101000 Apr 26, 2013
Romans

1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that I have
often purposed to come to you (but have been hitherto hindered)
that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among
other Gentiles.
1:14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the barbarians, both
to the wise, and to the unwise.
1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to
you that are at Rome also.
1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God to salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1:17 For in this is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness.
1:19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in
them; for God hath shown [it] to them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their]
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those
things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they who commit such
things are worthy of death; not only do the same, but have
pleasure in them that do them.
Repent, trust in Jesus, and be Saved!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#101001 Apr 26, 2013
Good day to you all!

Location hidden

#101002 Apr 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Science is useless"? Wrong, science can tell us their is no activity in the brain when we die.
Science can tell us that thoughts come from brain activity. So it certainly stands to reason when the brain stops working, we no longer have thoughts.
Now if you can show us how this is not so, please do so.
Maybe science is useless to you, but please do not speak for what science is good for in general, as it is clear most extreme Christians like yourself dismiss science on a regular basis.
It looks as if you look to religion for answers, not science, so I understand why you are so confused about science. If you have a question about science, just ask most any atheist. We will continue to ask you believers about religion. Hope you start answering more questions.
I'm not dismissing science in general. I'm dismissing science in the case of this one question where we, believers, believe that the spirit goes on after the body goes into the ground. We believe that the body will come back together with the spirit at Judgment Day. But since we believe the soul does not need a body in order to exist, We believe that we will be in the same state as before coming to earth: the spirit, or intelligence, that is not housed in a body. But we know through the teachings of Jesus Christ that we will be resurrected and our body will once again be reunited with the spirit.
So again, if I am right about the afterlife, then science cannot answer this question. Science can only confirm that the body is dead.

I did not say science is useless in general. Nor do I believe that. I said in this question science is useless.
Science can either prove nor disprove any life after death.
TruthIs

London, KY

#101003 Apr 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't on the thread when he was cutting and pasting whole pages from the Watchtower that had little or nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Sorry if I sounded rude - I didn't intend to make you cry.
NO problem.

At least his(or her) posts aren't rude and filled with vile, ugly accusatory sounding ugliness at others.

That's just hypocritical, no matter the race, creed (or lack thereof) or color.

All that "I bet you...blahblahblah"

Doesn't get anymore (securally OR religiously) ignorant than THAT kind of lamebrainnedness crap in my book.

Location hidden

#101004 Apr 26, 2013
Get over it!
In the begging?

You seem really fixated on homosexuality. Was that a Freudian slip there?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#101005 Apr 26, 2013
Get over it!
This stupid remark is almost older than you are.
You need to get some new material for your rants.
They are getting repetitious and monotonous.

The fact that most of the time you simply laugh like a lunatic shows that, well.... you are a lunatic.
Jumping up and down shouting "god is real, he talks to me" convinces no one.
YOU convince no one.

Location hidden

#101006 Apr 26, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The difference in our trust of scientists testing theories compared to faith in religion is, we can actually check it if we wish, you cannot. You have blind faith, we do not.
No I do not have blind faith, I have faith.

And no you can't check everything with theories. If you could, they wouldn't be a theory anymore. You can try to come to the same conclusion using the same evidence, but as I have pointed out with dinosaurs, sometimes you don't have all the evidence, and sometimes scientists mess up.

Location hidden

#101007 Apr 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in most all of these churches there are truths. They have pieces of the gospel, but most of the founders of these churches readily admitted that it was not the full gospel, but rather the best they could do.
Roger Williams even said that until angels and apostles visit the earth, God's church would not be here. Nevertheless, they all are able to feel the Holy Ghost because of the truths that exist. Everyone feels the Holy Ghost differently, therefore it is difficult for some to separate prompting a from the Holy Ghost, from their own thoughts.
There is a difference however between feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost and the gift of the Holy Ghost through the priesthood authority of God.
Jesus prophesied that there would be a falling away from the church hat He established. And in Revelations, John tells us that the Heavens would be rolled up like a scroll and God would not speak to man for a period of time. This period of time, we call an apostasy, because there was no one appointed to receive revelation from God, therefore different interpretations of scripture began to occur. Questions needed to be answered but there was no one to receive revelation to answer the questions definitively.
Are you familiar with Occam's razor?
TruthIs

London, KY

#101008 Apr 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what some geographical historians are saying...they think it actually might've been where a few bodies of water met-over there around where the Tigras and the Euphratis, and maybe the Hiddekel and Perath, dump(ed) into the Persian Gulf.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see some of those ohhhh-so-think-they-know-it-al l types, have to run their lamebrained ignorance by some actually TRULY educated, honest earned credentialed scholars?!

(That'd be good for some laughs for sure then!!)
TruthIs

London, KY

#101009 Apr 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this where we get to foller you arounDUH, and click them thar lil judge-eet when weez just don't agreez wit yer opeeneyun icons fer hypocrites?

"Nuts...cweuless...spam " .....follering you to yer next post...."nuts, cwueless...spam".....stil l follering you......."nuts...cwueles s..."...

Maybe we should aks topeeks for epo's against hater topeeks stalker Freaks lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 12 min about time 67
Indictments 1 hr Curious 12
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 1 hr In the Know 21
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 1 hr Unsatisfied Voter 13
Haunted house 1 hr Question 1
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 1 hr Good read 11
Richard hicks dating a inmate abuser 2 hr Lover 3
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 6 hr John 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 8 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating