Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,024

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100856 Apr 25, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
The fact is... we are a messed up people, Broken, and
misguided, looking for ANY justification to do what we do!
I have read those books... they mean nothing when your
eyes are opened to the truth!
Do a search on gays that have overcame their perversions with
an understanding of God, and Jesus Christ...
Their stories will amaze you!
I feel you will not, or come back with some other info
pointing to some other study...
Fact is... God is real...
I hope you/they get to know Him, as
Freedom comes from the truth, and shame is washed away
in Christ's Blood!
Amen!
your
I could give you so many stories that reject what you just said about gay coming through their 'perversion' with the help of the lord. But I understand you can't be bothered with facts even when they stare at you in the face. I therefor believe Santa Claus is real. So there.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100857 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bumblebee_argume...

Despite what Microsoft claims, Google is your friend.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100858 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When one is confronted with a problem for which Science can not provide a solution,as I have, and you have tried normal preocesses in order to find an answer,without results and have wished that by random chance,your problem would be solved,again with no results.
If,at that time,you turn to God,in prayer and as a result an answer is provided,one may still conclude,that it was a coincidence,or random chance.
But,if,as time goes by,you are again cinfronted with a series of other problems for which you cannot find an answer by turning to science,and neither normal processes or random chance,have provided you with a solution,
,And you again,turn to God, and as a result ,a solution is provided, time and again, and you can not logically explain the events that led to that solution
Then,you have a choice to make.
Were the solutions provided me caused by random chance or normal processes or was it God answering my prayer?
Now,if you can explain to me,in a logical way, how normal processes or random chance played a role in answering my pryaer,It would greatly be appreciated.
PS. I am reffering to events that I,personally have experienced,not on some type of hypothetical illustration
Amen!
:-)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100859 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
The erroneous "truth" that bumblebees defy the laws of physics is based on calculations for FIXED WING flight. Bumblebees do not have fixed wings.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100860 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith and confidence are not synonymous (at least not in this context). The whole point of the scientific process is to eliminate subjectivity and bias and to find the objective truth to whatever the question is. That's why independent verification and rigorous peer review by (often times) competing scientific entities is required.
Think about it. If you were a laboratory that was competing with another lab to find the solution to something and they claimed they found the answer, would you just have "faith" in their findings? Hell no you wouldn't. You would try to think of a test to objectively disprove their results.
With all you said, and said well; you described the formation of a theory. As I challenged the guy who canít remember his name, UMMMM ; under all rules of science a bumblebee cannot fly, yet one with an IQ above 50 knows it can!
Abner atcha

Monticello, KY

#100861 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
There is no debate over IF you have faith, that is IF you believe. No one cares what you believe.
The debate is over you not being allowed to force people to accept as fact your beliefs.
What we are trying to get you to understand is that while you have the right to your "faith" every one else has the right to be free from YOUR faith.
It is simple, we have freedom of religion, that means we are free to our own religion or no religion at all. That means we are free from YOUR religion.
You can have all of the "faith" you want, but you can not and shall not force your beliefs on to others
Who is denying you your freedom of belief/unbelief? In your ignorance you miss the fact that a person cannot be made to believe anything. With a knife at my throat I may be forced to say I believe when I do not. One man cannot damn another's soul nor can he save another. The difference in Christians and atheists is that a Christian will drop everything he is doing and fall to his knees alongside you anytime you ask him to pray with you, whether it is for sickness, salvation or any other reason. He will not deny you that whether you are a believer or not. That is because they care for their neighbor and don't want to see anyone suffer or perish. Christian or not, if you ask me to pray for you I would, knowing full well you would insult me in the end. There is the difference, we have an ultimate goal, a goal that is for good. You have an ultimate goal also and that is to hurt, mock and despise every Christian on earth because of the same "Parrot" thing. What you've seen and heard about the "hypocrites" The true Christian's purpose is to help get everyone they can into the lifeboat because they love their neighbors. What do they get from you? Slapped in the face. Buddy you have every right in the world to not believe in God. You have every right in the world to go to hell. I just wish you wouldn't. What are you going to do if there is a God and it's all true? What caused you to become so vile? Just because you don't believe something is no reason to be so vicious and wanting every Christian on earth to be eradicated.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100862 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they in Iran? And yes!
Now, why does it seem you'd be more comfortable sharing tea with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than a beer with Neil deGrasse Tyson?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100863 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
With all you said, and said well; you described the formation of a theory. As I challenged the guy who canít remember his name, UMMMM ; under all rules of science a bumblebee cannot fly, yet one with an IQ above 50 knows it can!
Looks like YaA has a doppelganger.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100864 Apr 25, 2013
Sure wrote:
Our creator has nothing to prove. He will not make you serve him. It is a choice. You can believe on him or you can deny him. The decision is yours. He is a god full of mercy, love, peace and forgiveness. There is No greater god. He's not a god that encourages hate and violence and hurt. Why would you not want to serve him? He will change your life for the good.
Amen!
God Bless you :-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100865 Apr 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.
Good verses for Life!

Location hidden

#100866 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There do seem to be parallels.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100867 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bumblebee_argume...
Despite what Microsoft claims, Google is your friend.
I don't think wikipedia is a valid sorce my friend, no Professor I ever had would accept it as a work cited, or reference , depending on format; but good try! I will do some study on it when I get time; it has something to do with body mass, weight and wingspan. It,s Aerodynamic science I refer to. I don't have to Google everything I post.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100868 Apr 25, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you have never stuck your penis in a mouth? No one can really know what a god wants if one existed due to gods not actually speaking or presenting themselves.
You simply trust ancient men to be one hundred percent truthful about fantastic claims that have zero evidence.
Nature does not demand all creatures procreate for a species to survive. Just ask worker ants.
"No one can really know what a god wants"???
Really?
I beg to differ... He saved me, we talk all the time!
Like the time He told me that Obama was nothing to be proud about...
The time He reminded me not to let my heart be troubled when
Romney lost...
That ALL these nasty things are coming to pass, and the end
will be soon 3-5 years!
This nation, this world is a broken crap hole...
due for Renovation!
Thank you Lord Jesus!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100869 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That is a stupid post. I use words to express ideas. My ideas not what some one else said.
A pit is smarter than you are
"My ideas not what some one else said"
Hahahahahahahahaha!
No... your ideas have been around a lot longer than you!
Thanks again!

Location hidden

#100871 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think wikipedia is a valid sorce my friend, no Professor I ever had would accept it as a work cited, or reference , depending on format; but good try! I will do some study on it when I get time; it has something to do with body mass, weight and wingspan. It,s Aerodynamic science I refer to. I don't have to Google everything I post.
First: It wasn't Wikipedia. Not every wiki is Wikipedia. But in this case Wikipedia has a good article on it too http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee with multiple references that any college professor would approve of. FYI, Only dumb/lazy students cite Wikipedia...the smart ones cite the references that Wikipedia cites. See how that works?

Second: Please do the research, I'd love to hear your findings. I wasn't suggesting that you google what you post. I was suggesting that you google what you're thinking of posting before you post it. It may save you some embarrassment.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100872 Apr 25, 2013
Venita wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give you so many stories that reject what you just said about gay coming through their 'perversion' with the help of the lord. But I understand you can't be bothered with facts even when they stare at you in the face. I therefor believe Santa Claus is real. So there.
Life is full of choices...
Some good, some bad...
Fact is... they preferred perversions over God!
Some people just like to be sinners!
Thank God... I do not... anymore!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100873 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The erroneous "truth" that bumblebees defy the laws of physics is based on calculations for FIXED WING flight. Bumblebees do not have fixed wings.
Compare them to humming birds...
Not like them in physics either!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100874 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hhahahahha!
Funny!

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100875 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
I tell you you're wrong, explain how you're wrong, and tell you that there are multiple peer reviewed studies that can attest to this. Your response:
"UR A TERRIST!!! Now let me rant about how you can pray the gay away!"

What a pile of trash you are. Seriously. Are you so stupid that you don't understand that the strict adherence to a factless, unjustified, and unbelievable Abrahamic religion IS the primary cause of innocent children being killed in bombings today? And you're pointing a finger at ME?
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really so stupid that you believe the old "science says a bumblebee can't fly" bullsh!t? Try spending 3 seconds actually thinking about something before you propose a kindergarten level challenge and make yourself look even more of an idiot than you really are.
Abner atcha wrote:
<quoted text>There is the difference, we have an ultimate goal, a goal that is for good. You have an ultimate goal also and that is to hurt, mock and despise every Christian on earth because of the same "Parrot" thing.
Your stupid assumptions and generalizations show exactly what is wrong with many Christians. It's nothing but a baseless attack, and I hope you're not so abysmally stupid that you think it's anything else.

I've met many atheists. I've met many more religious people. I can say that, without a doubt, the atheists do FAR more good for humanity. And I can also say, without a doubt, that the religious people show FAR more hate and intolerance. You take an objective look at the world and just try to tell me that I'm wrong.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"No one can really know what a god wants"???
Really?
I beg to differ... He saved me, we talk all the time!
Like the time He told me that Obama was nothing to be proud about...
The time He reminded me not to let my heart be troubled when
Romney lost...
That ALL these nasty things are coming to pass, and the end
will be soon 3-5 years!
This nation, this world is a broken crap hole...
due for Renovation!
Thank you Lord Jesus!
You are a psycho.
<quoted text>Compare them to humming birds...
Not like them in physics either!
Your mastery of your native language is stunning.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#100877 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you you're wrong, explain how you're wrong, and tell you that there are multiple peer reviewed studies that can attest to this. Your response:
"UR A TERRIST!!! Now let me rant about how you can pray the gay away!"
What a pile of trash you are. Seriously. Are you so stupid that you don't understand that the strict adherence to a factless, unjustified, and unbelievable Abrahamic religion IS the primary cause of innocent children being killed in bombings today? And you're pointing a finger at ME?
<quoted text>
Are you really so stupid that you believe the old "science says a bumblebee can't fly" bullsh!t? Try spending 3 seconds actually thinking about something before you propose a kindergarten level challenge and make yourself look even more of an idiot than you really are.
<quoted text>
Your stupid assumptions and generalizations show exactly what is wrong with many Christians. It's nothing but a baseless attack, and I hope you're not so abysmally stupid that you think it's anything else.
I've met many atheists. I've met many more religious people. I can say that, without a doubt, the atheists do FAR more good for humanity. And I can also say, without a doubt, that the religious people show FAR more hate and intolerance. You take an objective look at the world and just try to tell me that I'm wrong.
<quoted text>
You are a psycho.
<quoted text>
Your mastery of your native language is stunning.
Hahahahahahaha!
Thanks... I knew you'd come through!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 32 min Lwyphan 4,757
Kfc 40 min You are dumb 13
A Rat In Knox County 47 min You are dumb 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 153,367
opening in November 5 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 5 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Syd Redlitch 18
•••
•••
•••