Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,112

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100838 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Fully agree, but not what I was getting at. If you like reading the Bible, you would like the Book of Mormon.
The cool thing about reading it is that if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, it will bring you closer to Him. Whether you agree with the book or not, you will either be drawn closer to Him because it makes you think about your own beliefs (challenge the depths of your current beliefs), or drawn closer to Him because you learned more about Him. Either way, you win.
see above

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100839 Apr 25, 2013
There is no debate over IF you have faith, that is IF you believe. No one cares what you believe.
The debate is over you not being allowed to force people to accept as fact your beliefs.
What we are trying to get you to understand is that while you have the right to your "faith" every one else has the right to be free from YOUR faith.
It is simple, we have freedom of religion, that means we are free to our own religion or no religion at all. That means we are free from YOUR religion.
You can have all of the "faith" you want, but you can not and shall not force your beliefs on to others

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100840 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say quote scripture at me. If you didn't want to answer you shouldn't have written a giant non-answer.
This is how the mental ill people avoid questions because they do not know how to think, they just parrot what they have been told

“Fighting The Fight”

Since: Apr 13

Keeping The Faith

#100841 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is how the mental ill people avoid questions because they do not know how to think, they just parrot what they have been told
Really? You speak English and post in the English language. Did you create English, or are you just parroting what you have been told?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100842 Apr 25, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
We understand, it's hard from some, to conceptualize the viability of actually known scientific facts.
Might want to just stick to hating and foaming at the mouth over anyone else's Bible...and gutter-sniping at others from the ghetto level--no braincell activity required for that!!
There were no scientific facts in your statements, idiot. Multiple people have crushed your Pangea/plate tectonics stupidity WITH scientific facts. So you can drop the "blah blah blah poor insult about brain cells" garbage. You're an idiot.

And use fewer commas. You type like you forgot your Ritalin.
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is how the mental ill people avoid questions because they do not know how to think, they just parrot what they have been told
It really shouldn't be hard. I don't even understand why its being dodged.
PITBULL OF THE LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You speak English and post in the English language. Did you create English, or are you just parroting what you have been told?
Really? You thought this place needed more stupidity? Slinging Bible verses as an answer to a question that had nothing to do with Bible verses is not the same as using a common form of communication. Where do you people come from?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100843 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
That is a stupid post. I use words to express ideas. My ideas not what some one else said.
A pit is smarter than you are
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100844 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
You often point out the "mental illness" of others! Turn that eye around! You and that jerk you responded to; imagine yourselves to be so full of awe inspireing wisdom; why are you both not hard at work at NASA? How do you lower yourself to posting on topix all day? Unemployed Genius, what a goddamn shame!
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100845 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That is a stupid post. I use words to express ideas. My ideas not what some one else said.
A pit is smarter than you are
You are not smart enough to understand his post are you?
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100846 Apr 25, 2013
Illegal, that is if you want to teach ALL religions then fine.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100847 Apr 25, 2013
Mad are you? HAHAHAHA.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100848 Apr 25, 2013
Venita wrote:
Illegal, that is if you want to teach ALL religions then fine.
Move to Iran, and tell them all about it!
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100849 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Iran, and tell them all about it!
Intolerant are we?
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100850 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're wrong. Educate yourself before blabbering on in public. Studies have been done on this topic. You should try reading them. I know it's a stretch because it's not the Bible or whatever, but you should give it a shot anyway.
Turns out that some animals, if given the choice between a willing partner of the opposite sex and one of the same sex, will choose a homosexual partner almost exclusively. There are gay animals. It's a reality. Stop denying it.
I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
The fact is... we are a messed up people, Broken, and
misguided, looking for ANY justification to do what we do!
I have read those books... they mean nothing when your
eyes are opened to the truth!
Do a search on gays that have overcame their perversions with
an understanding of God, and Jesus Christ...
Their stories will amaze you!

I feel you will not, or come back with some other info
pointing to some other study...
Fact is... God is real...
I hope you/they get to know Him, as
Freedom comes from the truth, and shame is washed away
in Christ's Blood!
Amen!

your
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100851 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What you describe is trust in the scientific method, not faith. There is a process, all information is available, and if one wants (as I often do), they can take a few minutes to confirm the result and have a deeper understanding of the subject matter. If it were faith you would know that you could do none of that and that you're required to take their word that something simply IS with no proof whatsoever, and you could never have any deeper understanding of anything other than what some other person claims (which is again, without any proof).
Why is it so hard to believe that some people take absolutely nothing on faith? Why do I always see people of faith attempting to validate their belief in things with no basis by acting as though people of science are doing the same thing?? We are not. Period. It really rubs me the wrong way when they try to claim such garbage, because I find the whole concept of believing things without any proof offensive (and in fact, I believe that it's the root cause of most things that make this world a worse place).
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100852 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard to believe that people can have faith in something they don't fully understand? You have not tested every theory that scientists put forth. You have faith in humans that their tests were done properly.
Faith and confidence are not synonymous (at least not in this context). The whole point of the scientific process is to eliminate subjectivity and bias and to find the objective truth to whatever the question is. That's why independent verification and rigorous peer review by (often times) competing scientific entities is required.

Think about it. If you were a laboratory that was competing with another lab to find the solution to something and they claimed they found the answer, would you just have "faith" in their findings? Hell no you wouldn't. You would try to think of a test to objectively disprove their results.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100853 Apr 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Compared to believing that God created the Germanic family of languages when he destroyed the Tower of Babel? As evidence of intelligence, I'll go with someone who at least crafts his own sentences than with someone who habitually cuts and pastes from the KJV or NIV.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100854 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a blessing and a pleasure,sharing our faith among each other.
God Bless you
Yes it is :-)
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100855 Apr 25, 2013
Venita wrote:
<quoted text>
Intolerant are we?
Are they in Iran? And yes!
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100856 Apr 25, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
The fact is... we are a messed up people, Broken, and
misguided, looking for ANY justification to do what we do!
I have read those books... they mean nothing when your
eyes are opened to the truth!
Do a search on gays that have overcame their perversions with
an understanding of God, and Jesus Christ...
Their stories will amaze you!
I feel you will not, or come back with some other info
pointing to some other study...
Fact is... God is real...
I hope you/they get to know Him, as
Freedom comes from the truth, and shame is washed away
in Christ's Blood!
Amen!
your
I could give you so many stories that reject what you just said about gay coming through their 'perversion' with the help of the lord. But I understand you can't be bothered with facts even when they stare at you in the face. I therefor believe Santa Claus is real. So there.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100857 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bumblebee_argume...

Despite what Microsoft claims, Google is your friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min yeah man 7,278
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 18 min really? 45
knox board of ed raising taxes 20 min right?! 120
Stealing from child's grave 28 min gimme a big nickle 17
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 43 min DITCH MITCH 155,478
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,661
T and L pawn 1 hr True Anon 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]