Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,261 - 96,280 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100771 Apr 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well when you have a book that billions declare is absolutely perfect in every way, this is a serious problem. For example, if one of your prophets claims homosexuality is an abomination and he never actually got that memo from a god and you think it is a memo from a god, then you might very well discriminate upon the homosexuals due to gross error.
This is why we have the Holy Ghost. His job is to verify truth.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100772 Apr 24, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great point!
Probably the same reason most miracles today are private ones, and not the parting of the sea type things!
I know what Christ did with me, and every man be a liar, as I know the truth!
I would like for them all to have a "God" experience, and come back here, and tell their stories!
Amen!
God Bless :-)
It's a blessing and a pleasure,sharing our faith among each other.
God Bless you
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100774 Apr 24, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Private" miracles? Please. Can you name a single "private" miracle that cannot be explained through normal processes or random chance? I didn't think so. Because there are no miracles.
<quoted text>
".
When one is confronted with a problem for which Science can not provide a solution,as I have, and you have tried normal preocesses in order to find an answer,without results and have wished that by random chance,your problem would be solved,again with no results.
If,at that time,you turn to God,in prayer and as a result an answer is provided,one may still conclude,that it was a coincidence,or random chance.
But,if,as time goes by,you are again cinfronted with a series of other problems for which you cannot find an answer by turning to science,and neither normal processes or random chance,have provided you with a solution,
,And you again,turn to God, and as a result ,a solution is provided, time and again, and you can not logically explain the events that led to that solution
Then,you have a choice to make.
Were the solutions provided me caused by random chance or normal processes or was it God answering my prayer?
Now,if you can explain to me,in a logical way, how normal processes or random chance played a role in answering my pryaer,It would greatly be appreciated.

PS. I am reffering to events that I,personally have experienced,not on some type of hypothetical illustration
Sasha

Glasgow, KY

#100775 Apr 24, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Actually... they are NOT gay!
When animals act like that, It's a Dominance thing, Showing "I'm the head of the heard!" Same reason a person takes the female side of the relationship... they WANT, or need the feeling of being dominated!
80%? of gays are grown into that life, as I once was...
The rest need curing like TB, or MS...
But I know the real cure for sin....
That is Jesus Christ!
Amen!
Myself and my friends are very well aware of traits of animals and dominance patterns, my friend is a vet and I can assure you he understands animal behaviors.

Location hidden

#100776 Apr 24, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Private" miracles? Please. Can you name a single "private" miracle that cannot be explained through normal processes or random chance? I didn't think so. Because there are no miracles.
How stupid can you be wrote, "<quoted text>Is a vagina made for a penis?
Anything else is perversion, an abomination against God, and nature!
case closed, end of story!
"

There are plenty of other places to stick a penis that can be fun for both parties and are completely harmless. Those are all "abominations"?

No, they aren't. Abusing a child, sexually or otherwise, is an "abomination". Destroying a child's ability to think by forcing dogma on them is an "abomination". Condemning an entire group of people that aren't hurting anyone simply for being the way they were born to be is an "abomination".
Yes, I can. And I did. You said you read everything. Did you miss it?

Location hidden

#100777 Apr 24, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Ah. Having not read the BOM much to any depth at all, I can honestly say, I do NOT know much of anything concerning the history on origins of the beliefs of.
Jesus sounds like he was a nice human being in their book as well though, from what you have posted.

There are still many depths of oceans (even aside from more easily, accessible, ever shifting plates) that we have yet to scientifically explore, to their fullest potential.
You should read it sometime. It is meant to be another witness that Jesus is the Christ.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100778 Apr 24, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh..what?
My entire statement was about pattern detection and how it lends itself to post hoc fallacy. So, if you agree with it then why do you call it "frosted donkeydung"?
The second part of your post was focused on pattern detection, but not the first, which I opined to be more along the lines of frosted donkeydung.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100779 Apr 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"FACT?"
I could 'matter of factly' analyze and compare pieces of Shakespeare's works, or Verne's or Vonnegut's or L'Amours or Tolkien's or Rowling's or Ludlum's.... There is never a dispute that their works are fiction.
In faith, the lines between emotion, imagination and reality are blurred beyond separation. "FACT" becomes as elusive in definition as a breeze among zephyrs.
As I stated to curious, I have no interest in dissecting and debating line and verse. A position based on "because I believe it no matter what you say" is impregnable to objectivity, integrity and honesty.
"FACT", as in plenty of comparable reading to contrast with.

Your position in tediously dissecting and debating line and verse, I would agree. Waste of time and breathe....especially since there's too many different perspectives, of personal opinion.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100780 Apr 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read it sometime. It is meant to be another witness that Jesus is the Christ.
I've glanced at it a time or two, I just prefer more modern day reading.

Location hidden

#100782 Apr 24, 2013
Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Myself and my friends are very well aware of traits of animals and dominance patterns, my friend is a vet and I can assure you he understands animal behaviors.
Haha. I'm sorry but that sounded like, my friend is a doctor, so I can perform surgery.

Location hidden

#100783 Apr 24, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>I've glanced at it a time or two, I just prefer more modern day reading.
Don't you read the Bible?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100784 Apr 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the solutions provided me caused by random chance or normal processes or was it God answering my prayer?
Now,if you can explain to me,in a logical way, how normal processes or random chance played a role in answering my pryaer,It would greatly be appreciated.
PS. I am reffering to events that I,personally have experienced,not on some type of hypothetical illustration
Easily. If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way? If the answer is yes, then you have no proof of an answered prayer or miracle.

So many religious people want to play both sides of the prayer thing, as well. They pray for something and it doesn't happen? It wasn't God's will. Praise God. They pray for something and it happened? God is great! Praise God. This is NOT an objective way to look at things. The only conclusion that can be logically drawn in a world where both of those things happen is that prayer does nothing. You cannot provide evidence for a single instance of prayer actually doing something that wouldn't have happened anyway.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can. And I did. You said you read everything. Did you miss it?
I've seen many people describe "miracles". None of them could not have happened through normal processes or random chance. How is yours any different? I didn't see anything you've stated that would have been.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you do put effort into degrading people. Everytime you type the word "idiot" or "moron" you are taking effort to degrade someone. Yes I clearly misunderstand your purpose if it is not to have fun at the expense of others.
Degrading implies a lowering. I am not doing that. I am identifying their position. They lowered themselves to it. I don't make people say idiotic things or be bigots or act like they are mentally deficient.

And sure, it's fun, but you still don't understand. I'm not calling you names right now, am I?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as God, maybe He does know. I told you I don't understand the mind of God and don't pretend to. I just try to form opinions on His far superior intelligence, knowing I won't get there.
And you know I don't click links.
You really need to familiarize yourself with the internet and stop being so scared of everything. You should be able to tell enough from the URL to know that it's not going to destroy your computer. I'm trying to get your opinion on something and it just looks like you're being hard headed or avoiding the discussion. Frustrating.

Location hidden

#100785 Apr 24, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
The second part of your post was focused on pattern detection, but not the first, which I opined to be more along the lines of frosted donkeydung.
No, I guess you're so eager to hand out insults you can't take the time to read what you're responding to.

The entirety of my post was about pattern detection: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...

I was responding/adding to a post from _Ummm_

Or did you think I was agreeing with myself?
Sasha

Glasgow, KY

#100786 Apr 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. I'm sorry but that sounded like, my friend is a doctor, so I can perform surgery.
Funny you say that, I happen to work in the medical field and no, I am not an allied health care worker. Maybe I treated you professionally before. I use Topix on occassion for strictly entertainment purposes. What do you do professionally?

Location hidden

#100787 Apr 24, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Easily. If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way? If the answer is yes, then you have no proof of an answered prayer or miracle.

So many religious people want to play both sides of the prayer thing, as well. They pray for something and it doesn't happen? It wasn't God's will. Praise God. They pray for something and it happened? God is great! Praise God. This is NOT an objective way to look at things. The only conclusion that can be logically drawn in a world where both of those things happen is that prayer does nothing. You cannot provide evidence for a single instance of prayer actually doing something that wouldn't have happened anyway.
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Yes, I can. And I did. You said you read everything. Did you miss it?"

I've seen many people describe "miracles". None of them could not have happened through normal processes or random chance. How is yours any different? I didn't see anything you've stated that would have been.
Yes you do put effort into degrading people. Everytime you type the word "idiot" or "moron" you are taking effort to degrade someone. Yes I clearly misunderstand your purpose if it is not to have fun at the expense of others."

Degrading implies a lowering. I am not doing that. I am identifying their position. They lowered themselves to it. I don't make people say idiotic things or be bigots or act like they are mentally deficient.

And sure, it's fun, but you still don't understand. I'm not calling you names right now, am I?
As far as God, maybe He does know. I told you I don't understand the mind of God and don't pretend to. I just try to form opinions on His far superior intelligence, knowing I won't get there.
And you know I don't click links. "

You really need to familiarize yourself with the internet and stop being so scared of everything. You should be able to tell enough from the URL to know that it's not going to destroy your computer. I'm trying to get your opinion on something and it just looks like you're being hard headed or avoiding the discussion. Frustrating.
So an ear could reattach in a matter of minutes with no medical tools or professionals involved? Show me where that has happened before.

That was a terrible attempt at trying to justify how your name calling is not degradation. And I'll use your definition and still nail your actions when you brag about how smart you are as compared to everyone else on topix. This is lowering others. I really don't care that you do it, but I'm calling a spade a spade.

As far as links, give me your own words. I don't post links to LDS sites that I know you don't care about reason and ask you to follow them. You would already doubt the source anyway. I also don't post scripture links and ask you to go read them. I speak in my own words and include a quote when necessary.

Location hidden

#100788 Apr 24, 2013
Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you say that, I happen to work in the medical field and no, I am not an allied health care worker. Maybe I treated you professionally before. I use Topix on occassion for strictly entertainment purposes. What do you do professionally?
What I do professionally is not relevant is it?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100790 Apr 24, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hasn't Caliphonybrokia been studying Australia's new desalination mega structure, for future water provisioning?
Do you have a point to make or just being silly?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100791 Apr 24, 2013
Gobledegook wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer me this;
Why do you believe that it is further to New York if you take a bus?
"There's no fixing stupid" - Ron White
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100792 Apr 24, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ummmm wrote "Easily. If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way? If the answer is yes, then you have no proof of an answered prayer or miracle.

The fact is,that it did not happen under normal circumstances,moreover,the events that took place,that led to the response I received,could mnot be explained logically;
This is the rest of the information that I provided you with,which your response did not address,possibly because you were unable to.

"If,at that time,you turn to God,in prayer and as a result an answer is provided,one may still conclude,that it was a coincidence,or random chance.
But,if,as time goes by,you are again cinfronted with a series of other problems for which you cannot find an answer by turning to science,and neither normal processes or random chance,have provided you with a solution,
,And you again,turn to God, and as a result ,a solution is provided, time and again, and you can not logically explain the events that led to that solution
Then,you have a choice to make.
Were the solutions provided me caused by random chance or normal processes or was it God answering my prayer?"

Anyhow,I know the reasons for the basis of my FAITH,It has been succesfully tried and tested and sits on a solid foundation.
Nothing that you have posted in your response,in any way contradicts,the basis for my beliefs and Faith.
Sasha

Glasgow, KY

#100793 Apr 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do professionally is not relevant is it?
No, you are correct, it would never matter and never should. You were belittling and I should not have responded, normally I don't, but on occassion I am human also.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
knox board of ed raising taxes 30 min disgusted 4
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 31 min Uninformed idiot 1,585
The Audit 1 hr undecided 28
Hahaha 1 hr Funny 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 2 hr agree 6
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 3 hr Humm 31
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Cornelius Scudmister 151,291
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 30 at 8:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE