Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138057 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100887 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you rudely boasted a claim that was erroneous, juvenile and ignorant. Don't blame me if you get called on it. Propose something that has a foothold in reality and we might discuss it - unless you are arrogant and idiotic, in which case you will likely be ridiculed again.
"The calculations that purported to show that bumblebees cannot fly are based upon a simplified linear treatment of oscillating aerofoils. The method assumes small amplitude oscillations without flow separation. This ignores the effect of dynamic stall, an airflow separation inducing a large vortex above the wing, which briefly produces several times the lift of the aerofoil in regular flight. More sophisticated aerodynamic analysis shows that the bumblebee can fly because its wings encounter dynamic stall in every oscillation cycle."
My response was about your arrogant and condescending response to all that post! I admitted I was wrong; I was not actually responding to you; yet you felt is you’re obligation to run me down as you do almost everyone who posts on this topix! Yea you have a right to your opinion, as do others. You act like a child, and rudeness is all you know!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100888 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had provided you an answer,you would not have been able to grasp it's meaning,as evidenced by your inability to grasp the meaning of my other responses.
I was merely pointing out what I believe to be the reasons for your inability to compprehend and therefore the futility of continuing our discussion.
My response,obviously,upset you,That was not my intention.
You did not state a reason as to why you may have disagreed with what I posted,, Your response makes it clear that You arbitrarily dismissed,because that is not what you wanted to hear
So be it
like a broken record... like a broken record... like a broken record, you are.
You make bold assertions "the events that happened to me can't be explained by science"...etc
But, when someone presses you for clarification, you claim they're too stupid to understand what "really" happened.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100889 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like a child, and rudeness is all you know!
Sorry, hypocrite, but you were just as rude and arrogant as him. Probably more so.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100891 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hypocrite, but you were just as rude and arrogant as him. Probably more so.
Is that why you responded to one line of my post? I would call someone a hypocrite, were I you.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100893 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are right (didn't expect that did you)! If a bee of most any kind is compaired to a fixed wing aircraft, it can't fly, however it can't be and it does! So my hat is off to you! I did base it on what I had been told for many years, sometimes by highly educated people? My degree is in Psychology, not aerodynamics. So… How does this make you feel?
It makes me feel good for you. We all go through our lives carrying misconceptions around with us. I'm sure I have some now. Personally, I love the feeling of having one dispelled (not always immediately) because then I feel like my view of reality is clearer. So, yeah.. I feel good for you.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100894 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hypocrite, but you were just as rude and arrogant as him. Probably more so.
I went back to make sure; and I made no comments to him at all, untill he rudely commented on a response I made to Mr S/S. Go back and show any comment I made to him prior to his smartass comment about me? Why Ummm, can't think of a name? The sound of the universe is Ommm; if thats what you are suggesting?
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100895 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes me feel good for you. We all go through our lives carrying misconceptions around with us. I'm sure I have some now. Personally, I love the feeling of having one dispelled (not always immediately) because then I feel like my view of reality is clearer. So, yeah.. I feel good for you.
Thank You. It was rather abrupt, was it not.:)

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100896 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you responded to one line of my post? I would call someone a hypocrite, were I you.
English, please. And before you start typing it, think.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100897 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back to make sure; and I made no comments to him at all, untill he rudely commented on a response I made to Mr S/S. Go back and show any comment I made to him prior to his smartass comment about me? Why Ummm, can't think of a name? The sound of the universe is Ommm; if thats what you are suggesting?
In what way does it matter who commented to who? My point was clear. You were rude and arrogant. You accused him of being the same. You are a hypocrite. And a rather dense one, since I just had to explain this to you.

Also, don't worry about my Topix name. It's completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100898 Apr 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think they could come up with a better example of prayer working than a lost dog. I wonder how many children were harmed while God was busy on the lost dog job?
Muslim God was busy in Boston.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#100899 Apr 25, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my personal choice of forte, but thank you for the suggestion.
You are very welcome but may I ask why not? Have you ever read any of Jehovah's Witnesses publications?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100900 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
like a broken record... like a broken record... like a broken record, you are.
You make bold assertions "the events that happened to me can't be explained by science"...etc
But, when someone presses you for clarification, you claim they're too stupid to understand what "really" happened.
You are one of the inane posters who responed and did so,BY NOT addressing the specific issues I had asked to be addressed.
I also took the steps to clarify what I stated...
You still did not respond to the specifics and arbitrarily ignored them in your response,
In other words,you did not have something intelligent to say,but,you had to say something.
You are now on IGNORE,along with the other nickname you use
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100901 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the way that you, just like a good Christain, continually attempt to insult me instead of simply answering what was asked:
"you would not have been able to grasp"
"your inability to grasp"
"your inability to compprehend"
"upset you"
"arbitrarily dismissed"
So, to clarify exactly where you stand, NO... I am not unable to grasp anything you have or will state. I am not unable to comprehend anything you have or will state. I am not upset by the existence of stupid people on the internet. And I arbitrarily dismiss nothing. At this point, you can either tuck your tail and slink off to whatever hole you came from, or you can answer me.
I will state it again, as clearly as possible:
If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way (i.e. through either random chance or normal processes)? Do note that this says nothing about probability or your difficulty in grasping that a low probability occurrence could happen to you. Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
<quoted text>
I did. He probably did, too. Why wouldn't we both expect that we were right? It's not like either of us tend to blab on about things we know nothing about and then ask worthless and invalid questions in an attempt to play "gotcha". I mean, who would do that?
Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.UMMMM wrote

Here is something I posted to Chromiuman,and therein you will find the details needed in order to get an answer to your question.

You,as did the others who responded, are not addressing the specific issues that I mentioned,that led to the events that led to my finding my dog.
Go back,read the specifics that I posted and address them.
They are 2 different events that took place on the same day, on the same date,at the same time.
when you can address those specifics,contained in the 2 separate events ,which you have not addressed,then get back to me with any questions you have.
Kindly refrain from any inane responses,such as have previously been expressed by others,
Address all the specifics, contained in both events, not merely the ones that serve your purpose,thereby arbitrarily ignoring the others and thereby making your conclusions invalid,since they are not based on the facts as I stated them
I f you can't or are unwilling to do that,then don't waste my time
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100903 Apr 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think they could come up with a better example of prayer working than a lost dog. I wonder how many children were harmed while God was busy on the lost dog job?
Here we go again,Another one,Whom having nothing intelligent to say,has to say something.
Same person,different nickname IGNORE

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100906 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
My response was about your arrogant and condescending response to all that post! I admitted I was wrong; I was not actually responding to you; yet you felt is you’re obligation to run me down as you do almost everyone who posts on this topix! Yea you have a right to your opinion, as do others. You act like a child, and rudeness is all you know!
As a point of fact, there are only about a half dozen persons I "run down on this topix," perhaps 3 or 4 others on the "topix" of politics and a couple morons on the "topix" of electronic cigarettes. I disagree with abject dunderheadedness, and I am not bashful to say so. If one puts aside their theology/ideology/preconceptio ns/biases long enough to respectfully entertain a rational and reasonable proposition, I would voice no complaint.
For example, if a Global Flood believer would belay their arrogant blind faith in Genesis long enough to evince any willingness to consider the Burkle event as a rational explanation for a regional flood, I'm sure it would lead to an interesting and thought provoking discussion. I contend that Jesus was first and foremost a sociopolitical reformist - and yet that is oftimes met with rhetoric about the "Father, Son and Holy Ghost." Whenever I brooch these ideas, they are summarily dismissed out of hand. What respect do I owe such ignoramuses? One who snidely proposes that science says bumblebees can't fly or who steadfastly contends that man has only existed for 6,000 years deserves the same respect that I allot to a sand flea.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100907 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.UMMMM wrote
Here is something I posted to Chromiuman,and therein you will find the details needed in order to get an answer to your question.
You,as did the others who responded, are not addressing the specific issues that I mentioned,that led to the events that led to my finding my dog.
Go back,read the specifics that I posted and address them.
They are 2 different events that took place on the same day, on the same date,at the same time.
when you can address those specifics,contained in the 2 separate events ,which you have not addressed,then get back to me with any questions you have.
Kindly refrain from any inane responses,such as have previously been expressed by others,
Address all the specifics, contained in both events, not merely the ones that serve your purpose,thereby arbitrarily ignoring the others and thereby making your conclusions invalid,since they are not based on the facts as I stated them
I f you can't or are unwilling to do that,then don't waste my time
This is worthless garbage. Did you even bother to read what you just quoted?
Here, I'll help you:
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had never prayed could it still have happened in the exact same way (i.e. through either random chance or normal processes)? Do note that this says nothing about probability or your difficulty in grasping that a low probability occurrence could happen to you. Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
And more specifically:
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
The crap you just spewed does none of this. And I'm not going to sift through 96000 posts to find the one where you MAY have given some amount of detail, especially when you STILL wouldn't have discussed it in the context of what I asked.
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain what happened and how you think the question applies.
This is not a difficult concept for a person with a functioning brain.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100908 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the inane posters who responed and did so,BY NOT addressing the specific issues I had asked to be addressed.
I also took the steps to clarify what I stated...
You still did not respond to the specifics and arbitrarily ignored them in your response,
In other words,you did not have something intelligent to say,but,you had to say something.
You are now on IGNORE,along with the other nickname you use
So now you're having to resort to straight out lying eh? Tsk tsk, what your god must think of you.

Here's where I responded to your post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...

Other's gave logical, point by point explanations as well, but you ignored their posts...just like you did mine.

And I assure you I only post as Skeptical Spectacles on Topix. I have other names on other sites, but here I am Skeptical Spectacles.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100909 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The crap you just spewed does none of this. And I'm not going to sift through 96000 posts to find the one where you MAY have given some amount of detail, especially when you STILL wouldn't have discussed it in the context of what I asked.
Here you go (link below).
It was like pulling teeth to get him to recite his "miraculous" story. Prepare yourself to be amazed at the sequence of events that "can't be explained logically":
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...

...and yes, curious (even though you have me on "IGNORE" I know you're reading this)...that was sarcasm.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100910 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go (link below).
It was like pulling teeth to get him to recite his "miraculous" story. Prepare yourself to be amazed at the sequence of events that "can't be explained logically":
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...
...and yes, curious (even though you have me on "IGNORE" I know you're reading this)...that was sarcasm.
Thanks. I read it. And I actually agree with him:
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Note; These events do not prove God's existence or that he answers prayers.
Guess we're done.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100911 Apr 25, 2013
Anyone claiming that they responded to the specific events that I posted and what may have caused those events to occur,can do so,by reposting
their responses,If they gave an answer based on the specifics and the coincidences that occurred,that led to my findind my dog,I certainly am not aware of such.
The coincidences that need to be addressed are the following
Between the hours of 8;30AM and 9;00 AM
1)I am in church,praying to God,that If,when I walk out the door,my dog is standing there,I would believe in him. When I left the church ,it was 9;00 AM...When I opened the door,the dog was not there,so,I concluded my prayer had not been answered.
2)During that same time frame8;30 and 9;00 am
on the same day and the same date,another separate event is taking place that will lead to my finding my dog.
A lady has a friend,who found a stray dog and had given it away about 2 weeks prior. The lady in question never gave the dog a second thought,which makes sense,why should she?
3) However,during the same time that I am praying,she is reading the paper,and for reasons she couk[ld not explain to me,she turns to the lost pet section.
She reads throughthe ads and none of the descriptions listed there seem to fit the description of the dog in question.
4) How ever,even though the descriptions do not seem to fit,IMNCLUDING that contained in my ad,for some reason she was unable to explain,she decided to call me anyway. Why did she do that?
5) When she finally contacted, me later on that day,
she tells me that she had called me that morning,at 9;am and no one had answered the phone.

Let me list the coincidences;
A)at9;00am I left the church,believing my prayer had not been answered,,,At that same time,a lady that does not believe that the dog described in the ad in the paper is my dog,calla me any way.( That is not logical and hardly qualifies as a coincidence)
B)That the lady happened to be reading the paper at the same time as I was in church is a coincidence,but
C)That she happened to turn her attention to the lost pet section,without having any reason to do so,is another coincidence,Why did she do that?

D)that she elected to call me out of all the other ads in the paper,which,including my ad,did not seem to describe the dog in question,is another coincidence.Why did she do that?
E)That she called me at 9;00am,exactly the same time when I believed my prayer had not been answered,to provide me with the information that would lead me to my dog ,is another coincidence.
Can someone explain that?
Would like logical explanation for all those coincidences.
Of course,I expect to get inane responses fromcertain posters,On the other hand,those who claim to have an open mind,may attempt to explain.

And remember,I stated that I was not convinced thatGod had answered my prayer,,,However I was unable to logically explain the events in question.
Maybe someone can?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
burger king service sucks!! 1 hr cracker jack 8
Christella H 2 hr All mine 1
tess fisher (Nov '10) 4 hr NoGod 14
Knox county marijuana petition starting !!! 4 hr Ignorance 3
Suspicious Activity in Cranes Nest area on 1803... 5 hr Lmao 4
Allen Messer - Currently in the Knox County Jail 7 hr hello 3
howell (Jun '10) 8 hr Tweety bird 28
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]