Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,241 - 96,260 of 128,948 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Wrong again Sparky

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Sasha wrote:
<quoted text> Something simple for your mind; can you please explain to me concerning the nature of animals thet are "GAY"???? I have friends that farm and repeatedly have purchased bulls that were undoubtedly "gay",
Actually... they are NOT gay!
When animals act like that, It's a Dominance thing, Showing "I'm the head of the heard!" Same reason a person takes the female side of the relationship... they WANT, or need the feeling of being dominated!
80%? of gays are grown into that life, as I once was...
The rest need curing like TB, or MS...
But I know the real cure for sin....
That is Jesus Christ!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

You all have a Great day!
May you all receive a "God" experience, and
come back here, and share it with the rest of us!
I Jesus' Holy name,
Amen!
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you miss the point? You stated that Revelation chronologically belonged at the end of the New Testament. I state that it should never have been considered for inclusion ANYWHERE.
Would you like to take a stab at defending the ejection of the Apocrypha?
You however, were NOT the author of the book, so your opinion on chapter placement is actually irrelevant (imagine that).

Maybe the Maccabees part? Mostly because I have FAITH, based upon post-preliminary readings, that there is in FACT, at least some comparable informative pieces to contrast information with.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop repeating in reiteration, everything I say. If I wanted a parrot, I would purchase a parrot...and the first thing I would TEACH it to say, would be the word...
NO,
No,
No...and
NO!
Mostly because I do not have an outboard motor.
Oh, you've clearly refuted all of my points now. There is no way for me to stand up to such a logical and well thought out post. I guess I should just hang my head and walk away.

What an idiot.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
okay..next time I'll just put blah blah blah, and stuff..it (cause I had other STUFF to do lol)
Now if we can get Paul Ryan to do that....
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you've clearly refuted all of my points now. There is no way for me to stand up to such a logical and well thought out post. I guess I should just hang my head and walk away.
What an idiot.
Being as you apparently missed the part about crawling out of and ONto Pangea..

New library opening in Texas!!

MORE institutes of education-Gotta love it!
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if we can get Paul Ryan to do that....
He could use a little tweaking on his a little tilted to one sideness, throwing off the balance of reality somewhat a times...but at least the man comprehends what a BUDGET is.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Actually... they are NOT gay!
When animals act like that, It's a Dominance thing, Showing "I'm the head of the heard!" Same reason a person takes the female side of the relationship... they WANT, or need the feeling of being dominated!
80%? of gays are grown into that life, as I once was...
The rest need curing like TB, or MS...
But I know the real cure for sin....
That is Jesus Christ!
Amen!

No, you're wrong. Educate yourself before blabbering on in public. Studies have been done on this topic. You should try reading them. I know it's a stretch because it's not the Bible or whatever, but you should give it a shot anyway.

Turns out that some animals, if given the choice between a willing partner of the opposite sex and one of the same sex, will choose a homosexual partner almost exclusively. There are gay animals. It's a reality. Stop denying it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Mormons think that the Garden of Eden is in Missouri?
Revelation to Joseph Smith. No other basis.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot.
Oh yeah...and ifn' you do that-and I "win" (scoff) then too. Next lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not that the origin matters to the context of why humans have different color skin, but the evidence points to Africa first. Now if new evidence is found, then new origins might be claimed. Do you have one shred of evidence Adam and Eve were the first humans?
The oldest human bones and pre-human bones have been found in Africa. Bipedal apes bones millions of years old.
I think the oldest bones of a human like creature outside of Africa is no more than a hundred thousand years old.
What's a prehuman bone?

No I don't, and I didn't claim to. I'm not trying to trap you in something, I just wanted to know. So claiming there is evidence (without providing it) and then asking where the proof is for my beliefs is no different an answer than the kind that you complain about from Christians.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>It is the dominant theory because of evidence and reason. If humans began elsewhere we should see evidence for it. But we do not.

The same methods we used to understand that humans came out of Africa are the same methods used to dismiss ideas like Jesus Christ visiting the USA. No evidence, no dice.
I asked for the evidence. That's all

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Guardian Angel wrote:
If you believe God give you that Brain,just believeing that proves you have faith.If you believe God made you that way ,therefore you have faith.God gave us all free will.
I'm curious, when you read what he wrote did you actually hear a "Whooosh" as it went over your head?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The mormons claim that some jewish people from the original blood line came to America thousands of years ago and jesus came here and revealed himself to them. That is why they are above every one else because they are from the original pure jewish blood line and are the master race. Some of that has changed, they now let blacks in their church.
They claim that the garden of Eden is in Minnesota
Whoa. Wrong on so many levels.
1. Jesus visited Central America in the Book of Mormon.
2. We believe that all the worshipers of Christ in the Book of Mormon were killed off and only the evil ones remained (we believe them to be the ancestors of most of the inhabitants of Central and North American natives). Mormons are not their descendants nor do we claim to be a superior race. We are made up of many races. Nor do we claim any bloodline.
3. Joseph Smith received a revelation that the Garden of Eden was located in Missouri, not Minnesota

I will now doubt everything you say because of your major inaccuracies of things so easy to look up before trying to state them as fact.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't rule any geneological lineage out, Pangea WAS one big land mass.

I don't think however, there's ANY "pure" bloodlines left-not given the history of mankind! Not even in RI red chickens, who generally lay brown eggs-then oops, where'd that cream colored one come from?:-)

Isn't there some sort of envirodome around those parts? Or are you referencing the one in the Bible, which then would be debatable according to geological studies on locations as referenced from the book.
Are they referencing it as such, or perhaps they have a really nice backyard garden of their own that they've created?

Non, not enough facts presented enough to form opinion upon sir...
He was badly mistaken. Please dismiss his comments as totally inaccurate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>i have actually thought of what i would say to god if it were true when i die and to be honest i know exactly what i would say. i would just say, "u know why my mind works the way it does and for u to forsake me and not give me the proof i need for your existence just goes to show that i was never loved to begin with. i was born with a ticket to hell already becuz i did try to believe and the more i tried, the more i doubted and u, yourself, left me dry with no answers when i need u the most. so i ask u now god, why did u never love me as u did the others children that u gave the miracles to so that they would know of your love and existence? why did u never care that i was strayin from the truth and step in so that i wouldnt have to face torture of hell for eternity? i guess all i can say is F*&K YOU TOO, cuz thats what u were sayin to me my whole life by turnin your back to me and never even opening my heart up to your love." notice i dont respect my father if he doesnt deserve it so im a commandment violator now. but why try to beg and plea for your life when its to late, just accpet it and walk in to hell with your head held high is all i can say. call what i say BS or what ever u will but that is the honest truth as to what i would say cuz i got tired of hearin the same ol what are u gonna say when u die and u have to face him, then u will regret it, so i gave it some real thought as to what i feel i should say to god as i am being sentenced to hell.
I know you feel that way now, but if I'm right, the veil over your remembrance will be lifted. You would remember living with God before going to earth. You would remember choosing to come to earth to follow His plan and have your faith in Him tested. You would recognize His face immediately. So if you are able to put yourself in those shoes, would you still react the same?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>I always have an open mind.

If we are here to have our faith tested, then God has failed. There are billions of people on this planet, as I type this, that have never been introduced to any religion (much less yours). All they have is their abilities to observe and draw conclusions based on observations. These people never had even the tiniest glimmer of faith to begin with. There is no reason to believe they will have any when they die. How is that lack of faith tested? Why didn't God give them any faith or knowledge of him? What is their fate?

I've honestly never had any more faith in God than I had in Santa or anything else that I was told about and didn't question at the time. They were all built up and portrayed to be real when I was a child. Every one of them have tumbled down under mild scrutiny. I have no faith to test.

Omniscience and omnipotence. God destroyed my faith with the brain he gave me, and he always knew that I would use my brain in this way. I was created to do exactly that. So, was I created to be damned? Am I to be punished for how God made me?
I believe that all will have the opportunity to be taught the entire gospel, whether in this life or in the Spirit world. So they would have the chance to accept it. The Holy Ghost can be felt by anyone though, so people that have never been involved in a religion can still be prompted to do good works.
No you were not created to be automatically damned. Not so I think you are damned. I do believe God gave you your brain to help others, not degrade others and use it to disprove His existence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>There are some problems with this.

1) According to all the Modern Bible Scholars, Moses could not possibly have authored any of the books of the Bible. And the Pentateuch, the first books of Genesis, were in fact authored by several different sources. So whose vision is being written about? On what authority are they assumed to be true?

2) Your version of God is more like a space superhero. He isn't all powerful, and you've said this before. He is just powerful. That idea undermines the entire Christian faith. The Bible claims that God is basically the be-all-end-all and you need him to be that powerful or else we can easily doubt the entire matter. Once you say that God doesn't know everything or can't do everything then why would we assume that any particular part of the Bible is speaking truth? Why would we assume God has any power over death? Your version of God robs him of all that and leaves behind a sort of Stan Lee/Jack Kirby type character.

And I don't think you have much of a reason to think that way. I think that you have just enough doubt that you are seeking a way to rationalize the crunchy bits of your faith that don't make sense. I say that speculatively, of course, but if its true then please keep digging away!
Sorry to mislead you.
1. I know Moses didn't physically write any of these books. I just simplified since they are referred to as the Books of Moses.
2. I haven't robbed God of any power, and I admitted that I don't know if God knows every move that we will make before it happens. But that He knows us well enough to know what we will choose. As for the revelations of events to come, He most certainly knows what will come to pass there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense that if one "imagines" hard enough, it almost smells like a load of donkeydung in here. Do you have some sort of "agenda"? Maybe perhaps in trying to sell frosted donkeydung disguised as something with some sort of "magical virtue-healing" powers to the unsuspecting?
(Although I could agree SOME with your statement of pattern detections, per example perhaps- when monitoring the skies, like those "stupid" primitives of old, for celestial, and not celestial events, but not so much on calling a thunderstorm a thunderstom after the fact)
Uh..what?
My entire statement was about pattern detection and how it lends itself to post hoc fallacy. So, if you agree with it then why do you call it "frosted donkeydung"?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
You however, were NOT the author of the book, so your opinion on chapter placement is actually irrelevant (imagine that).
Maybe the Maccabees part? Mostly because I have FAITH, based upon post-preliminary readings, that there is in FACT, at least some comparable informative pieces to contrast information with.
"FACT?"
I could 'matter of factly' analyze and compare pieces of Shakespeare's works, or Verne's or Vonnegut's or L'Amours or Tolkien's or Rowling's or Ludlum's.... There is never a dispute that their works are fiction.
In faith, the lines between emotion, imagination and reality are blurred beyond separation. "FACT" becomes as elusive in definition as a breeze among zephyrs.
As I stated to curious, I have no interest in dissecting and debating line and verse. A position based on "because I believe it no matter what you say" is impregnable to objectivity, integrity and honesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Grimes is like SlickWilly 146,964
New club in Barbourville? 9 min Me Again 3
1 Blessing From God 1 hr TOASTup 11
i miss my amy 1 hr b ggggg 7
Re. Handy Mart Building? 1 hr The Man 1
Nikki Vaughn (married to Adam Vaughn) 2 hr Wow 4
Corn for Sale 2 hr Barbourville Man 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••