Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,254

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100848 Apr 25, 2013
Venita wrote:
Illegal, that is if you want to teach ALL religions then fine.
Move to Iran, and tell them all about it!
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100849 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to Iran, and tell them all about it!
Intolerant are we?
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100850 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're wrong. Educate yourself before blabbering on in public. Studies have been done on this topic. You should try reading them. I know it's a stretch because it's not the Bible or whatever, but you should give it a shot anyway.
Turns out that some animals, if given the choice between a willing partner of the opposite sex and one of the same sex, will choose a homosexual partner almost exclusively. There are gay animals. It's a reality. Stop denying it.
I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
The fact is... we are a messed up people, Broken, and
misguided, looking for ANY justification to do what we do!
I have read those books... they mean nothing when your
eyes are opened to the truth!
Do a search on gays that have overcame their perversions with
an understanding of God, and Jesus Christ...
Their stories will amaze you!

I feel you will not, or come back with some other info
pointing to some other study...
Fact is... God is real...
I hope you/they get to know Him, as
Freedom comes from the truth, and shame is washed away
in Christ's Blood!
Amen!

your
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100851 Apr 25, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What you describe is trust in the scientific method, not faith. There is a process, all information is available, and if one wants (as I often do), they can take a few minutes to confirm the result and have a deeper understanding of the subject matter. If it were faith you would know that you could do none of that and that you're required to take their word that something simply IS with no proof whatsoever, and you could never have any deeper understanding of anything other than what some other person claims (which is again, without any proof).
Why is it so hard to believe that some people take absolutely nothing on faith? Why do I always see people of faith attempting to validate their belief in things with no basis by acting as though people of science are doing the same thing?? We are not. Period. It really rubs me the wrong way when they try to claim such garbage, because I find the whole concept of believing things without any proof offensive (and in fact, I believe that it's the root cause of most things that make this world a worse place).
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100852 Apr 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so hard to believe that people can have faith in something they don't fully understand? You have not tested every theory that scientists put forth. You have faith in humans that their tests were done properly.
Faith and confidence are not synonymous (at least not in this context). The whole point of the scientific process is to eliminate subjectivity and bias and to find the objective truth to whatever the question is. That's why independent verification and rigorous peer review by (often times) competing scientific entities is required.

Think about it. If you were a laboratory that was competing with another lab to find the solution to something and they claimed they found the answer, would you just have "faith" in their findings? Hell no you wouldn't. You would try to think of a test to objectively disprove their results.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100853 Apr 25, 2013
PITBULL OF THE LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You speak English and post in the English language. Did you create English, or are you just parroting what you have been told?
Compared to believing that God created the Germanic family of languages when he destroyed the Tower of Babel? As evidence of intelligence, I'll go with someone who at least crafts his own sentences than with someone who habitually cuts and pastes from the KJV or NIV.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100854 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a blessing and a pleasure,sharing our faith among each other.
God Bless you
Yes it is :-)
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100855 Apr 25, 2013
Venita wrote:
<quoted text>
Intolerant are we?
Are they in Iran? And yes!
Venita

Mount Sterling, KY

#100856 Apr 25, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you'd say I'm wrong...
It's the same mentality, and problem, as those that think it's ok to kill innocent children in bombings!
The fact is... we are a messed up people, Broken, and
misguided, looking for ANY justification to do what we do!
I have read those books... they mean nothing when your
eyes are opened to the truth!
Do a search on gays that have overcame their perversions with
an understanding of God, and Jesus Christ...
Their stories will amaze you!
I feel you will not, or come back with some other info
pointing to some other study...
Fact is... God is real...
I hope you/they get to know Him, as
Freedom comes from the truth, and shame is washed away
in Christ's Blood!
Amen!
your
I could give you so many stories that reject what you just said about gay coming through their 'perversion' with the help of the lord. But I understand you can't be bothered with facts even when they stare at you in the face. I therefor believe Santa Claus is real. So there.

Location hidden

#100857 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Use your scientific method, and fully explain how a Bumblebee can fly? I belive they can, one stung me the other day! However prove it, useing scientific fact? Have at it!
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bumblebee_argume...

Despite what Microsoft claims, Google is your friend.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100858 Apr 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
When one is confronted with a problem for which Science can not provide a solution,as I have, and you have tried normal preocesses in order to find an answer,without results and have wished that by random chance,your problem would be solved,again with no results.
If,at that time,you turn to God,in prayer and as a result an answer is provided,one may still conclude,that it was a coincidence,or random chance.
But,if,as time goes by,you are again cinfronted with a series of other problems for which you cannot find an answer by turning to science,and neither normal processes or random chance,have provided you with a solution,
,And you again,turn to God, and as a result ,a solution is provided, time and again, and you can not logically explain the events that led to that solution
Then,you have a choice to make.
Were the solutions provided me caused by random chance or normal processes or was it God answering my prayer?
Now,if you can explain to me,in a logical way, how normal processes or random chance played a role in answering my pryaer,It would greatly be appreciated.
PS. I am reffering to events that I,personally have experienced,not on some type of hypothetical illustration
Amen!
:-)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100859 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
The erroneous "truth" that bumblebees defy the laws of physics is based on calculations for FIXED WING flight. Bumblebees do not have fixed wings.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100860 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith and confidence are not synonymous (at least not in this context). The whole point of the scientific process is to eliminate subjectivity and bias and to find the objective truth to whatever the question is. That's why independent verification and rigorous peer review by (often times) competing scientific entities is required.
Think about it. If you were a laboratory that was competing with another lab to find the solution to something and they claimed they found the answer, would you just have "faith" in their findings? Hell no you wouldn't. You would try to think of a test to objectively disprove their results.
With all you said, and said well; you described the formation of a theory. As I challenged the guy who canít remember his name, UMMMM ; under all rules of science a bumblebee cannot fly, yet one with an IQ above 50 knows it can!
Abner atcha

Monticello, KY

#100861 Apr 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
There is no debate over IF you have faith, that is IF you believe. No one cares what you believe.
The debate is over you not being allowed to force people to accept as fact your beliefs.
What we are trying to get you to understand is that while you have the right to your "faith" every one else has the right to be free from YOUR faith.
It is simple, we have freedom of religion, that means we are free to our own religion or no religion at all. That means we are free from YOUR religion.
You can have all of the "faith" you want, but you can not and shall not force your beliefs on to others
Who is denying you your freedom of belief/unbelief? In your ignorance you miss the fact that a person cannot be made to believe anything. With a knife at my throat I may be forced to say I believe when I do not. One man cannot damn another's soul nor can he save another. The difference in Christians and atheists is that a Christian will drop everything he is doing and fall to his knees alongside you anytime you ask him to pray with you, whether it is for sickness, salvation or any other reason. He will not deny you that whether you are a believer or not. That is because they care for their neighbor and don't want to see anyone suffer or perish. Christian or not, if you ask me to pray for you I would, knowing full well you would insult me in the end. There is the difference, we have an ultimate goal, a goal that is for good. You have an ultimate goal also and that is to hurt, mock and despise every Christian on earth because of the same "Parrot" thing. What you've seen and heard about the "hypocrites" The true Christian's purpose is to help get everyone they can into the lifeboat because they love their neighbors. What do they get from you? Slapped in the face. Buddy you have every right in the world to not believe in God. You have every right in the world to go to hell. I just wish you wouldn't. What are you going to do if there is a God and it's all true? What caused you to become so vile? Just because you don't believe something is no reason to be so vicious and wanting every Christian on earth to be eradicated.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100862 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they in Iran? And yes!
Now, why does it seem you'd be more comfortable sharing tea with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than a beer with Neil deGrasse Tyson?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100863 Apr 25, 2013
John F Dillenger wrote:
<quoted text>
With all you said, and said well; you described the formation of a theory. As I challenged the guy who canít remember his name, UMMMM ; under all rules of science a bumblebee cannot fly, yet one with an IQ above 50 knows it can!
Looks like YaA has a doppelganger.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100864 Apr 25, 2013
Sure wrote:
Our creator has nothing to prove. He will not make you serve him. It is a choice. You can believe on him or you can deny him. The decision is yours. He is a god full of mercy, love, peace and forgiveness. There is No greater god. He's not a god that encourages hate and violence and hurt. Why would you not want to serve him? He will change your life for the good.
Amen!
God Bless you :-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100865 Apr 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.
Good verses for Life!

Location hidden

#100866 Apr 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like YaA has a doppelganger.
There do seem to be parallels.
John F Dillenger

Johnson City, TN

#100867 Apr 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bumblebee_argume...
Despite what Microsoft claims, Google is your friend.
I don't think wikipedia is a valid sorce my friend, no Professor I ever had would accept it as a work cited, or reference , depending on format; but good try! I will do some study on it when I get time; it has something to do with body mass, weight and wingspan. It,s Aerodynamic science I refer to. I don't have to Google everything I post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 5 min Upward56 23
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 min _Zoey_ 3,612
Barbourville utilities 12 min Wondering 2
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 32 min Earnest Merida 33
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 39 min The real truth 21
Looking for A Chorkie (Dog). 3 hr Annonymous 1
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 3 hr LoL 6
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web