Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,101 - 96,120 of 129,005 Comments Last updated 58 min ago
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you mean if they claim to not have homosexual relations.
It is no secret your church opposes gay marriage. Again, behind the times of much of our government.
"behind the times of much of our government"....
Proves our much Government is Un-Righteous!
A good indication of social collapse!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You present no evidence supporting your assertions, dismissed.
Dismiss it all you want...
That is your problem, not mine!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?
So true!
I'll bet he will say more, as he's already proved his foolishness!
Wrong again Sparky

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
Hahahaha... I was right!
The fool speaks!
Thanks again!
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well it is kind of hard to take down the old ones, but adding new ones is what I am talking about.
I think the old ones should stay, as a testament to what our old ways of thought were. It is historical.
I do too, and I agree, they do speak volumes about the history of our nation.
Some of us find much merit in their common sense words of decency and ethics, for those who choose to acknowledge them anyway.

I for one would not want to exist, or be any part of anything that exists at such sub-par, sub-human, ignorant and intolerant level as to disrespect any thing even similar, so callously, as displayed by the destroyers of the Bimyian Statues, for example. Not ever.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

You are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle me this priest how many commandments are there?
That would be according to whom you speak to, how much they've actually "read" in their lives, and then which ones they personally consider "applicable".:-)
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, "reasoning", that and belief, meltdown.
You appear to be having one, in that the whole world will never just see things "your way". Might as well get used to it, that'll never happen.

That doesn't "entitle" you to disrespect others based upon beliefs they may or may not have though, because in doing so, you just put yourself at the same scummy, low life, inhumane level as terrorist, and that sure is NOT anything to be proud of. Not at all.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Guardian Angel wrote:
You all need to shut up,none of you have a clue.Read the bible.As for prove do you breath air?There is no big bang theory.
Hate much? Wipe up your drool and relax a little. A lot of us have read the bible. How does breathing air prove the existence of your god?
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Guardian Angel wrote:
You all need to shut up,none of you have a clue.Read the bible.As for prove do you breath air?There is no big bang theory.
There is a BB theory, quite an established one.

Just some people have no issue with it, an d believe that it has merit-as well as the Bible, and that the two CAN and often DO, go right hand in hand, as in no need whatsoever to NOT think that BOTH bring their own contributions to humankind, on the "origins" and evolutions of the world and it's inhabitants as we know it.
Why some of us even find the BS that it has to be "either" the BB or Creationism, utterly contemptible, severely lacking and devoid of much of any logic at all.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
really? where does the air come from? lmao for one the oxygen is a by product of photosynthesis and thats all we need from the air to survive. and if u claim something exist the proof is on u. i can say unicorns are real but no one believes it cuz i cant prove it. the same with santa claus and the easter bunny and all that so by your reasoning they are all real cuz i bet u cant prove any of those are not real. u cant prove something when there is zero evidence from either side. zero evidence means the default is it doesnt exist so if u want us to believe it does exist get some evidence. i apologize for your god since he cant seem to make any legit evidence unless a man does it for him. the same as the other beings i mentioned in this thread. the burden of proof is on u the believer but u know u cant prove it so u try to change the way that all other things in life work just to fit your little fantasy. when your god gets all this power u claim maybe he can prove he exist but from the looks of it i think maybe he dont have the power to prove it cuz he doesnt exist.
Why do you think the Bible is "just" about "a" God? I find that concept quite limited of any actual, real "thought".
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
just proves more and more that the followers follow blind cuz they dont know what really is in the book.
and you appear to be one of them.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No hate... that's your position!
Those devoid of anything else, fall back(wards) to that kind a lot.

Just like terrorists-the stuff that Ugly and vile is made of.

Best just to avoid those kinds-like the black plague that they spew.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate much? Wipe up your drool and relax a little. A lot of us have read the bible. How does breathing air prove the existence of your god?
Why would you think it should?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, I do not think that homosexuality will ever be acceptable to God, nor will His doctrine change on this. Even if society continues to find it more and more acceptable, I do not believe God will.
I have no problem with people that are gay. I have several friends and classmates that are gay, and we have great conversations about the topic. But I can't approve of the act itself so we do not talk about the details of their sex lives, but then again, I don't do that with my straight friends either.
You don't think gays will ever be acceptable to your God, but you don't have a problem with gays.

You have some gay friends.

"Some of my best friends are black, but...."

"Some of my best friends are women, but..."

"Some of my best friends are Mexican, but..."

"Some of my best friends are Jewish, but..."

See the pattern?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course not, that's why I said " for example". This was a singular example.
I don't think it is a "choice" in most cases. Do you remember making the "choice" to like math or not? Doubtful.
Yes, I have answered. You just didn't accept the answer. I believe in all truth that can be verified by the Holy Ghost. However, every truth in the Bible does not occupy my mind all the time. For example, great detail was written about the interior of the tabernacle that Moses was commanded to construct. But it isn't really relevant to me right now. I think it is neat to read, but it doesn't really pertain to me in my daily life. It certainly shows me that God cares about detail, which cements my belief that one must do much more than simple say "I believe in Jesus Christ", and they will be saved.
I accept your answer but that does not mean I must agree it is a full answer or a good answer.
You have yet to say a single word about the prophets of the old testament possibly being wrong as Brigham was wrong? What is taking you so long to answer this question and others?

Did you make a conscious choice to like girls? I sure did not, and am quite sure liking girls is just something I am programed for. I have zero sexual desire for men and can certainly understand why it is hard to understand some men are attracted to men, as I find it hard to understand. Thus it is extremely likely prophets of old also did not understand, thus they condemned it and claimed god did also. But I am asking why would someone be so sure the prophets were not wrong here? How can one know god actually spoke to these prophets? Why would you have such trust in these men you already claim can be flawed. Flawed men lie and distort. Why would you assume they are not flawed in what they claim a god wants?
Again, you have yet to address this question I have asked many times.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think gays will ever be acceptable to your God, but you don't have a problem with gays.
You have some gay friends.
"Some of my best friends are black, but...."
"Some of my best friends are women, but..."
"Some of my best friends are Mexican, but..."
"Some of my best friends are Jewish, but..."
See the pattern?
Here we are, America, deficited to the hilt, laughable if they weren't so patheTic, at the LACK of any manageable "budgets", people with no healthcare, and not enough means to afford ridiculous free market prices, added to that now, a backwards, Tax, Fine and ROB the Honest working class people some more bullchit bill- worthy at this point, only of lining birdcages with, and this is what has been focus "issues" in DC.

Set up an auto-marry-whatever site out of Vegas-$39.95, on-screen confetti and randuhm weddink muzac provided. Spawrkul spawrkul, gwiiter, gwitter.

Maybe THEN, this nation can grow some NON-dysfunctional braincells again, and get on with the business it's SUPPOSED to be tending to, rather than being mired in the gutter level idiocracy that's been mired in for the past few years.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I accept your answer but that does not mean I must agree it is a full answer or a good answer.
You have yet to say a single word about the prophets of the old testament possibly being wrong as Brigham was wrong? What is taking you so long to answer this question and others?
Did you make a conscious choice to like girls? I sure did not, and am quite sure liking girls is just something I am programed for. I have zero sexual desire for men and can certainly understand why it is hard to understand some men are attracted to men, as I find it hard to understand. Thus it is extremely likely prophets of old also did not understand, thus they condemned it and claimed god did also. But I am asking why would someone be so sure the prophets were not wrong here? How can one know god actually spoke to these prophets? Why would you have such trust in these men you already claim can be flawed. Flawed men lie and distort. Why would you assume they are not flawed in what they claim a god wants?
Again, you have yet to address this question I have asked many times.
Do yew thank gurls knows how ta dew buh-ud-jets n stuff? Do yew thank they cans chews gum, walk AND talk, all at the same time? Do you thanks ALL of dem can dew that, or just some?

Do yew thanks ones tha cans do that kind of stuff well, should be punished fer it?

Ah was just a wondering.....
So true

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Great day to you all... No matter how we believe we all know what we had after we have lost it....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

You are funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddle me this priest how many commandments are there?
There are no (0) commandments as there is no god to give them in the first place.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Tea parties are for little girls

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min DITCH MITCH 147,079
dizzyone1313 1 hr I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 1 hr my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Jason 3
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr Beelzebub 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 2 hr blind one 10
john sowders 3 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating