Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,061 - 96,080 of 128,607 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say that? Nope. I am simply pointing out if a church claims moral authority, then they are proved less than moral, then they should be exposed for the frauds they are.

I am speaking to one individual here and he claims to be Moron, so I am focused on that for now. But I certainly can show you how this happens in any religion and why it leads to terrorism in the case of many Muslims.
I claim to be Moron?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea why it took so long for the declaration to come forth that blacks could hold the priesthood. I always supposed it was because Brigham was a prophet and people were afraid to ask, or they just assumed he was right. Or maybe that some of what he said was right but some was his opinion. If we all came from Adam and Eve, maybe the curse of Cain was black skin. We have no clue because we weren't there. All we know now is that since the atonement of Christ, we are not responsible for any sins of our ancestors. So even if black skin was supposedly the mark of Cain, it wouldn't mean anything any more. So who knows, if that part is true, then maybe when people prayed for an answer, it was confusing because some could have been true, while the rest was Brigham's opinion. I really don't know. Sorry I can't answer this for you with certainty.
And no, I do not think that homosexuality will ever be acceptable to God, nor will His doctrine change on this. Even if society continues to find it more and more acceptable, I do not believe God will.
I have no problem with people that are gay. I have several friends and classmates that are gay, and we have great conversations about the topic. But I can't approve of the act itself so we do not talk about the details of their sex lives, but then again, I don't do that with my straight friends either.
Well clearly Brigham, the great prophet of the Mormon church did not get the memo you claimed all know. That " we are not responsible for any sins of our ancestors." And following prophets did not change the policy why again? Did they also not know that sins of the father are not passed down?

You still did not answer why you believe the claim in the bible about homosexuality must be true when you have admitted prophets can be wrong? Really, your statement on homosexuality answers not a single thing I asked on the subject.

)Oh, and science can explain why some have black skin, mystery solved. It has nothing to do with the ignorant claims some fallible prophet made back before science knew such answers.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think my questions here are bullying? Sorry, but I see the Mormon church being bullies by funding anti gay marriage initiatives.
I am for equal rights, not just for believers.
I push for no law that prevents a religious person from practicing their religion, as long as it does not harm anyone.
But I guess you are more interested in being PC. Well that is your choice, not mine. I will speak out again what I feel is bad. Don't like it, to bad. Religion has forced people like me to be quite for most of history, but freedom works both ways now. Atheists can speak out against religion.
Do you think personal small business owners should have a right to refuse service to those whom they might wish to service?

I do. No matter the race, creed, color or any other preferences.

So much for PC for me huh?

Speak out all you wish too, just don't expect everyone else to agree with you, or share your sentiments.

That's just reality.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think my questions here are bullying? Sorry, but I see the Mormon church being bullies by funding anti gay marriage initiatives.
I am for equal rights, not just for believers.
I push for no law that prevents a religious person from practicing their religion, as long as it does not harm anyone.
But I guess you are more interested in being PC. Well that is your choice, not mine. I will speak out again what I feel is bad. Don't like it, to bad. Religion has forced people like me to be quite for most of history, but freedom works both ways now. Atheists can speak out against religion.
and peas: You;re a little overbearing and snarky with people tha might not agree with YOUR perspective, and that hold their own beliefs.

If any such gay person wishes to join a church-then perhaps Mormonism is NOT the church they should join. There's TONs of others that see things differently. Why would anyone want to join a church that they didn't share the same beliefs with anyway?(talk about ILLogical!)

and again-I actually do not do "poliTical correctness" very well-not at all lol...sooooo badly sooooooooo...:-).
So AGAIN-speak fer yerself, I've often Patoo-ied on PC (and paid the prices for it!) stumpy!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Add from brainwashing of and instilling hateful plague propoganda by the same..and I would agree with out issue.
I happen to LIKE the Ten Commandments personally, and find a lot of common sense for peaceful, sane and decent living within them.
But I won't act like a twit and demand you like them...although I think people should respect the few that some of our civil and moral ethics are based on.
Otherwise, we'd just have anarchy all over.
If you like the commandments, fine, but kind of hypocritical to complain about someone demanding what to believe then as this is just what the commandments do.
I have a serious problem when people demand the commandments be posted by our government as they mostly would be unconstitutional to enforce as law and are not within the spirit of freedom of religion.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I claim to be Moron?
Just don't claim to be Katlick-there's some that will attack you with such venom, you'll think you're looking at a rattlesnake!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Do you feel that one's sexual orientation is a choice?
I believe that our surroundings and our experiences, in conjunction with the way we were raised, shapes who we become.
For example, one of my friends that is gay was badly picked on all through school. He grew up poor and did not have access to running water. The bullies capitalized and made his life tough until he got out of school. Once he started working and earning money, he moved away. But of course this stuck with him and he had a lot of social problems. He couldn't talk to girls because he got so nervous around them. He worked with mostly guys and he could always talk more openly with guys because he could be himself and not worry about impressing them. One of the guys that he worked with let it be known that he was gay, and over the course of about 5 years, they formed a relationship.
He said he is still more attracted to girls, but feels more comfortable around guys. He has no problem saying he wasn't born gay. In his case, it could be said that this was a choice. But it certainly doesn't seem like a cognizant choice that he made. It seems like he became a victim of his childhood.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Do you feel that one's sexual orientation is a choice?
To answer briefly, I do not think God predestines His children to have a tendency towards a sin that He condemns.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think personal small business owners should have a right to refuse service to those whom they might wish to service?
I do. No matter the race, creed, color or any other preferences.
So much for PC for me huh?
Speak out all you wish too, just don't expect everyone else to agree with you, or share your sentiments.
That's just reality.
If they refuse service due to race, then I have a problem with it.

I certainly do not expect all to agree with me. Why would you assume this is what I think?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Common sense, respect and decency! Who really wants to hear about other peoples personal business like that (like you said-whatever the preference is) especially in public places!
Agreed. Holding hands, and a kiss on the lips is fine in public, but much more than that and I prefer they find a room, regardless of sexual preference.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I claim to be Moron?
I corrected that but did not take one hundred years to do so. Of course I meant Mormon. Unlike many here, I am trying to be respectful, but yet you still refuse to answer so many of my basic questions. Maybe that is why others gave up being respectful to you? Answering questions is being respectful. Give and you shall receive, a wise man once said. Are you a follower of this advice?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well clearly Brigham, the great prophet of the Mormon church did not get the memo you claimed all know. That " we are not responsible for any sins of our ancestors." And following prophets did not change the policy why again? Did they also not know that sins of the father are not passed down?

You still did not answer why you believe the claim in the bible about homosexuality must be true when you have admitted prophets can be wrong? Really, your statement on homosexuality answers not a single thing I asked on the subject.

)Oh, and science can explain why some have black skin, mystery solved. It has nothing to do with the ignorant claims some fallible prophet made back before science knew such answers.
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.

Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.

And what is science's explanation of different skin color?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that our surroundings and our experiences, in conjunction with the way we were raised, shapes who we become.
For example, one of my friends that is gay was badly picked on all through school. He grew up poor and did not have access to running water. The bullies capitalized and made his life tough until he got out of school. Once he started working and earning money, he moved away. But of course this stuck with him and he had a lot of social problems. He couldn't talk to girls because he got so nervous around them. He worked with mostly guys and he could always talk more openly with guys because he could be himself and not worry about impressing them. One of the guys that he worked with let it be known that he was gay, and over the course of about 5 years, they formed a relationship.
He said he is still more attracted to girls, but feels more comfortable around guys. He has no problem saying he wasn't born gay. In his case, it could be said that this was a choice. But it certainly doesn't seem like a cognizant choice that he made. It seems like he became a victim of his childhood.
So do you base your views on this one persons claims?
Even if his claims are honest, does that mean others are having same sex relations for the same reasons?
Surely you are aware most homosexuals claim they had no choice in their preference? Do you think they are all lying and only your one friend is truthful?
\
I note you still have not answered why you believe the prophets of the old testament when you have claimed some prophets are wrong.
Sasha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer briefly, I do not think God predestines His children to have a tendency towards a sin that He condemns.
Are you a Minister?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.
Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.
Many a biblical scholar would argue that Sodom and Gamorah being burned was not due to homosexuality, but rape and such. But we can all speculate. Clearly prophets speculate all the time and it becomes the supposed word of god.

The science I have read on the subject of skin color says when many generations of a people live in harsh, sunny environments, their absorption of sun changes. I can look up the exact chemical change if you wish,or maybe you can look it up in case you start to actually question the claimed words of god for a change.

Note, many generations is a long time depending upon the darkness. One estimate said a people may go from white to black in ten thousand years or maybe more. It is evolution.
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you like the commandments, fine, but kind of hypocritical to complain about someone demanding what to believe then as this is just what the commandments do.
I have a serious problem when people demand the commandments be posted by our government as they mostly would be unconstitutional to enforce as law and are not within the spirit of freedom of religion.
Try and stay outa DC then-there's a few them chiseled in stone-you know how those chiselings are-they just historically be there for people to enjoy (or whine about), and ya just gotta deal with it!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Sasha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a Minister?
Mormons do not have ministers.
All Mormons are expected to preach.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so you do not know why, but does it not make you question? Seems to me you brush it off as if it were nothing.
You are funny

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I posted the book, chapter, and verse so you are not being truthful (which commandment is that? 9?)
Your post shows how weak your cult really is. Your cult is losing people daily it is dying.
And take your medication, you need it
You posted a lie, anyone can do it, mega church preachers do it so much better than you, however you seem to have a following of fools, as they do! I don't find it a big surprise since you serve the same master; and will reap the same end! HAHAHAHA. post on, you are still amuseing me!
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If they refuse service due to race, then I have a problem with it.
I certainly do not expect all to agree with me. Why would you assume this is what I think?
Meh, I don't want to reply, I don't like the way you dotted your i.

Get outa my shop, and have a nice day lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ky Biscuit Company 36 min fyi 21
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min RayOne 146,197
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr smokejumper 29
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jimney Cricket 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Hii 81,570
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 2 hr Just me 3
i miss my amy 2 hr b ggggg 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000