Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
96,001 - 96,020 of 130,326 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Naaah,What is humorous is a fool pretending to be wise.

Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise

Revelation 7:5-9

King James Version (KJV)

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I didn't say it OR praise it-but YOU sure did.
I said, "so what if I was...", and then I went and planted some radi lol.
(plz be careful not to slip in your own dribble and off of your pedastal there now lol)
I'm not on a pedestal. I didn't state that I praise much of anything, but you do. Your "entitleMental" remark indicates that you have Malthusian tendencies - and the movement most closely associated with that particular evil is the Tea Party.
IF you subscribe to that ideology, THEN you are not in alignment with any of your self-professed saintliness.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise
King James Version (KJV)
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
If you are going to quote from the bible you should follow the bible.
"Holy shit batman, curious is batshit insane" Marvel comics 133 batman meets a wack job
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to take your medication freak. Do they allow you to be around children? You should not be allowed around children.
I did take my medication for what used to ail me,I was afflicted by a disease called unbelief. Read the Bible and was cured of my affliction.

You,on the other hand,are also afflicted by unbelief,but prefer,as your medication,gibberish and nonsense,which,in turn,only increases that which afflicts you....
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
The intellectual content of what you post,brings back memories of The 3 Stooges,,Always in a frenzy and talking nonsense

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said truth is revealed every day. We learn more and more as we are prepared to receive it.
Even Adam didn't learn everything. And what he did learn certainly didn't come in one big lump.
But your prophet did the opposite of moving forward to learn. He put forth an idea that lasted in your church for over a hundred years that is immoral.
Point being, if your prophet is not leading you to learn, then dump the idea that a prophet has the ear of god.
But clearly you refuse to admit this could be possible. Just as Muslims refuse to believe Mohammad was the true prophet.

Followers in your church were disabled from learning how to be open to the idea black persons were not cursed black skin for a hundred plus years. What of them?

And again, one big lump is exaggerating the situation. Your church did not even keep up with government. It is pretty sad when someone who claims a moral authority is behind in morality.

How can you keep avoiding answering these charges?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

The Wondering Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that stupid?
I don't even know why I just ask that question. I already knew the answer.
Is it a mere coincidence that the countries with the highest fealty to the Abrahamic religions just happen to be the most violent, that those religious countries rank lower academically than "atheistic" countries and that the U.S. "Bible belt" states rank even lower still?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
IED barbaricness and brutality in Boston-and braindead igno-idiots are worried about Mormons?
Oh please.
I can walk and chew gum at the same time. Do you worry every second about Boston? I can see by your posts, the answer is no. So why be hypocritical?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to quote from the bible you should follow the bible.
"Holy shit batman, curious is batshit insane" Marvel comics 133 batman meets a wack job
A wise man,learns nothing from a fool
Since I have learned nothing from you,I have put you on IGNORE

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a mere coincidence that the countries with the highest fealty to the Abrahamic religions just happen to be the most violent, that those religious countries rank lower academically than "atheistic" countries and that the U.S. "Bible belt" states rank even lower still?
Back when the Internet was first started the churches spread rumors that it was the antichrist. I guess that information at your finger tips is anti christian

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
Revelation has no place in the New Testament and shouldn't have been included. That said, obsessing on all of these Bible verses, somebody is showing they have waaay too much time on their hands and waaay too little cognitive ability. Maybe you should do something productive, curious. Have you thought about taking up knitting or basket weaving? Maybe you can make plywood cutouts of duckies and horsies to sell at Flea World.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Every human can be wrong. That's what makes us human. That's also why we have to depend on the Holy Ghost to reveal truth to us.
The prophet even encourages us to pray about the things he tells us to receive our own witness of truth.
Still waiting for you to tell me the point of having an ear to god if you are such an epic failure to ask fundamental questions? BTW, clearly no one in the church was inspired by the holy ghost to find that Brigham was wrong for over a hundred years.
Sorry, but the track record of your church proves your concept a failure.
It is only human nature for followers of a religion to follow the leader. So if you put a leader on such a high pedestal as your church does, it is inevitable such problems will exist. Thus proving your church to not be true to its word. The prophet clearly and demonstrably does not have an ear to god, nor a holy ghost.
Keep trotting out these supernatural ways of finding truth and I expect you and your religion to keep making epic failures of moral reasoning.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear ya. But put yourself in that position. Do you think little southern boys and girls questioned their slave holding parents? Doubtful that more than 2% thought it out of the ordinary when it was all they had ever known.
I fail to see you having a point?
If you claim a moral high-ground or authority as your church does and your prophet supposedly speaks to god, then you have to prove yourself better than the worst of the bunch. So far your church has proved to not even keep up with American governmental standards.
You keep failing to acknowledge this point. You keep answering the same answer even as I pointed out the failure of the answer. What is up with that? Seriously, are you having a hard time understanding this simple concept or are you being stubborn?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Every prophet in the Old Testament had faults and sinned. It did not make them less of a prophet.
Actually I do think it makes them less of a prophet. This is one reason I do not believe in any of the claimed prophets. None pass the test of having an ear to a god. I do not just hand out that trust to anyone, do you? BTW, Moses failed in a massive way. He ordered the murder of three thousand of his followers for making a golden calf. This puts in on par with Bin Laden.
Also your prophet did not just make a personal sin, he instructed the whole of the church to follow the concept that he claimed was what god wanted. And your church followed that order for over a hundred years. Now keep sweeping that under the rug.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Back when the Internet was first started the churches spread rumors that it was the antichrist. I guess that information at your finger tips is anti christian
In the dark ages they said the same thing about books. Half of the profit of the Crusades was "rediscovering" writings that had been burned by the church. In the 18th century, lightening rods were the devil's work.
Now, every time a hurricane, wildfire, earthquake, virus or drought hits the same ilk say that it's God's wrathful judgment. Anything and everything that they don't (want to) understand is suspicious at best and guilty until unavoidable.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, people are equal. Callings have different scopes of responsibilities.
Yes, in the real world we call that a hierarchy ladder.
If a prophet is no more important than a Deacon, then why did your church follow the immoral ideas of Brigham as if he were the big boss?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I like the rest of it too!
John
5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if
another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
5:44 How can ye believe, who receive honor one from another, and
seek not the honor that [cometh] from God only?
5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is
[one] that accuseth you,[even] Moses, in whom ye trust.
5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for
he wrote concerning me.
5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my
words?
I like this parable,very appropriate as to why Pharissees refused to believe in him,In spite of the miracles that Jesus performed in their midst,which they could not deny,but attributed the\m to Beelzebub
The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him,‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25 “But Abraham replied,‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27 “He answered,‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied,‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said,‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him,‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. Homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't matter what the government says about it. God made his stance known very famously in the OT.
However, like most sin, people can turn from their sin and be forgiven.
God made his stance? Really or was that a supposed prophet speaking for what he thought god wanted just as Brigham did?
Did you question your holy ghost on that?
The only difference in the two claims is, one made it into a holy book people claim is perfect.
Now lets talk about why following a holy book that people think is perfect is as problematic as following a prophet you think has an ear to a god?
Oh, and their is quite a lot of things in the OT that Christians no longer think is gods wishes. Pick and chose.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Acting as if I know it is a sin is a problem? What?
See my last post.
How can you really know what is a sin? Do you blindly trust the words of the prophets or are you using some other measure?
If you do the former, then your earlier posts are a lie.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I missed this one. Please, tell me all about your time as a Mormon
I was brought into the church by my stepmother as a preteen.
I asked her why the church did not allow black people, she could not find an answer. She did not agree with the policy.
Of course they officially did allow black persons in the church, but none came due to the ideas of Brigham.
This made me question everything about the church. I think eventually it lead to me questioning all prophets. Thus all the claims in the bible.
I already explained some of this to you, but it seems you just answer parts of questions, so I assume you do not even read whole posts. You answered none of the question you just responded to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man standing with " will work" sign 8 min me 2
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Dixie blade 150,350
Lesb or Bi 25 min jhon doe 5
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 36 min Lol 1,037
fish for sale 50 min travis 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,222
ps3 1 hr travis 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE