Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,961 - 95,980 of 129,040 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
TruthIs

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you parental choice is to indoctrinate children with superstition. Then your choice for individual adults is to condemn them en mass if they are not superstitious.
Then if all else fails, you prefer a nice warm sit with the Bible and a saline IV? Maybe some ringer's lactate and a gospel CD if you're feeling wild on a Saturday night?
uh, yeah - I guess that's all logical.
So please do not detract from my page flipping, by forcing me to imbibe in the momentary ignorance of a three finger Sa'lut-aye to you.
Thank you.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally DO enjoy the humble words of the man history has presented via the name of Jesus of Nazareth.
You have a problem with that?
Too baduh for YOU then-you (and other haters of GOODNESS) can kiss my wholesome lettuce sowing, radish loving, green bean raising behind.
(and don't promote ANY of that vileness of perversions NEAR any of MY underage charges-because I would scratch eyeballs out over it!)
And if you came near my daughter or any of her friends I would assume that you are there to molest them and defend them.
Oh, if I choose to tell your "charges" some truth and you tried to attack me you would get hurt very badly.
But I understand why a sick freak like you would not want children to ask questions and think

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So again this begs the question that you avoid, what is the point of a prophet if he can be so wrong?
Every human can be wrong. That's what makes us human. That's also why we have to depend on the Holy Ghost to reveal truth to us.
The prophet even encourages us to pray about the things he tells us to receive our own witness of truth.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you talking about? I've never indoctrinated mine with anything other than EDUCATION for ENLIGHTENMENT whenever possible-you wanna mouth whip me for that one?
How many times do you need to read a statement, before it sinks into your thick skull?
Just because I am NOT as wild, deviant and perverted as you might think people should be, is YOUR problem.
Is that what you do on Saturday nights?
I enjoyed a nice magazine, quietly and horizantally, feet propped up-placement lightening only, with a nice, refreshing glass of healthy juice at my side.
I think I like my idea of "logical" better than your delusionatory projection....as a matter of fact-your sounds kind of...ewe.
You do not enlighten children, you forbid them from thinking and questioning

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No one questioning his is the point. If you have someone held up on a pedestal called a prophet of god, followers tend not to question the relayed word of the supposed god.
This is one reason all holy books are faulty also.
Their were civil rights battles raging in the decades before your church got with the program, so acting as if it were not a valid question in those days is laughable.
The controversy lead me to leave the church and I think eventually lead me to realize god is a myth altogether.
Maybe people in your church need to question a bit more.
Yeah I hear ya. But put yourself in that position. Do you think little southern boys and girls questioned their slave holding parents? Doubtful that more than 2% thought it out of the ordinary when it was all they had ever known.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
So please do not detract from my page flipping, by forcing me to imbibe in the momentary ignorance of a three finger Sa'lut-aye to you.
Thank you.
The word imbibe means to absorb information. You where thinking of the word indulge maybe?
Shows why you believe myths and cons are true, you are stupid.
I am building a church in Africa, they line up for miles to hear about jesus, please send as much of a love gift as you can

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That mentality will always exist with the ignorant. To bad the "one true church" was so ignorant for that hundred years or so.
Point is, if you are going to claim "truth" and are proved to not have full truth, you are a failure at the game of god perfection expectation. Now if your prophets are just fallible men as you and I are, then stop calling them prophets and get off your high horse. Your church is no more true than any other.
As I said truth is revealed every day. We learn more and more as we are prepared to receive it.
Even Adam didn't learn everything. And what he did learn certainly didn't come in one big lump.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And if you came near my daughter or any of her friends I would assume that you are there to molest them and defend them.
Oh, if I choose to tell your "charges" some truth and you tried to attack me you would get hurt very badly.
But I understand why a sick freak like you would not want children to ask questions and think
You couldn't be more WRONG if you had a brain.

Moron...stay away from my charges-unlike you, I do not wish for a future of perverted, WARPED, bobbleheaded, mindless, hatefilled, entitleMentally disabled slackerTics.

Go pway wit your coworing stencils tribal collection.(EWE)
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do not enlighten children, you forbid them from thinking and questioning
You obviously do NOT know me, at all!

Too bad for You ...now get away lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is, greed is never satisfied with having the basic humane components--and are often abusive and misappropriative with, and of, that of which they are blessed to have. And that includes ALL "social classes"--rich, middle AND the entitleMentally disabled.
"basic human components?" "entitleMentally disabled?" Are you a Malthusian Teabagger?
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The word imbibe means to absorb information. You where thinking of the word indulge maybe?
Shows why you believe myths and cons are true, you are stupid.
I am building a church in Africa, they line up for miles to hear about jesus, please send as much of a love gift as you can
Quit being so narrow minded and only presenting one part of the definition.
I said IMBIBE and I meant IMBIBE.

SHAME on YOU!

Definition of IMBIBE
transitive verb
archaic : soak, steep
a : to receive into the mind and retain
b : to assimilate or take into solution
a : drink
b : to take in or up <a sponge imbibes moisture>

----------
a : to receive into the mind and retain

Sal'ut-aye!

And NO, I won't send any. There's not even enough to feed all of America.
Besides, any old hut will do for that sort of thing...and it's better that native populations (in any country) build such themselves. They are then at least some what appreciative when they have to DO THE WORK themselves.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>

I also happen to like the Arthurian legends and think they can serve a role in teaching about honor and chivalry. Does that mean I have to believe King Arthur to be real? No, of course not.
<quoted text>
Transaltion-Sexism 101, How to stick toes under stove, without getting the leash tangled.

Go make us a samitch, wormbrain.
TruthIS

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"basic human components?" "entitleMentally disabled?" Are you a Malthusian Teabagger?
What if I am?
You gonna stick me in a jar of blackballs for it?

(go ahead-I'll just already find something WAY better to do!!!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That mentality will always exist with the ignorant. To bad the "one true church" was so ignorant for that hundred years or so.
Point is, if you are going to claim "truth" and are proved to not have full truth, you are a failure at the game of god perfection expectation. Now if your prophets are just fallible men as you and I are, then stop calling them prophets and get off your high horse. Your church is no more true than any other.
Every prophet in the Old Testament had faults and sinned. It did not make them less of a prophet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So your prophets are equals? Give me a break. Their is a leadership ladder (rank) in the Mormon church.
Maybe question your prophet on that?
As I said, people are equal. Callings have different scopes of responsibilities.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
revelations says 144,000 go to heaven....12k from each of the 12 original tribes of israel
JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven

You are both wrong,thereby proving your lack of knowledge regarding the Scriptures.
You are reffering to Rev7;4 to 8 and conveniently left out the next verse Revelation 7:9
The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a( GREAT multitude that no one could COUNT), from EVERY nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
You both,are either misinformeb OR intentionally deceitful

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you mean if they claim to not have homosexual relations.
It is no secret your church opposes gay marriage. Again, behind the times of much of our government.
That is correct. Homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't matter what the government says about it. God made his stance known very famously in the OT.
However, like most sin, people can turn from their sin and be forgiven.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, acting as if you know it is a sin is a problem. Second, you act as if all in the priesthood never sin.
But of course you take your church's stance without question, clearly.
Acting as if I know it is a sin is a problem? What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Are you joking? I was in the church when the rule changed. I lived in Florida. Utah is not the only place Mormons were then or now. Evidently someone is feeding you a bunch of lies or else it is you who is willfully lying.
Their was controversy long before your superior prophets took a second to ask god. They did not worry about it because even our government was not to worried about it. Seems your perfect prophets just barely kept up with the times of government. Far from superior.
Sorry took so long to respond, had some computer problems.
Sorry I missed this one. Please, tell me all about your time as a Mormon

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct. Homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't matter what the government says about it. God made his stance known very famously in the OT.
Not to go on too much of a tangent, but it would be nice if somebody somewhere could actually justify following parts of the Old Testament (like this) and ignoring others (like shaving, eating shellfish/pork, tattoos, etc.).

I mean, I've heard the tired old Acts 15 and Matthew 5 stuff, which various sects use to deem valid whatever things they choose (and which in fact can be easily used to refute your position), but I've never seen any sort of logical justification. And I suspect there is none. It's more likely that the most life-interfering and ridiculous laws are simply ignored, and people rely instead on the words of a "prophet" to tell them what is OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min wtf 147,247
New club in Barbourville? 2 hr Bville resident 13
Teresa Johnson and Rex 5 hr wondering 5
john sowders 6 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 6 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr Gfm 81,565
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Jack 22
•••
•••