Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,593

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100583 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.
Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.
And what is science's explanation of different skin color?
Many a biblical scholar would argue that Sodom and Gamorah being burned was not due to homosexuality, but rape and such. But we can all speculate. Clearly prophets speculate all the time and it becomes the supposed word of god.

The science I have read on the subject of skin color says when many generations of a people live in harsh, sunny environments, their absorption of sun changes. I can look up the exact chemical change if you wish,or maybe you can look it up in case you start to actually question the claimed words of god for a change.

Note, many generations is a long time depending upon the darkness. One estimate said a people may go from white to black in ten thousand years or maybe more. It is evolution.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100584 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you like the commandments, fine, but kind of hypocritical to complain about someone demanding what to believe then as this is just what the commandments do.
I have a serious problem when people demand the commandments be posted by our government as they mostly would be unconstitutional to enforce as law and are not within the spirit of freedom of religion.
Try and stay outa DC then-there's a few them chiseled in stone-you know how those chiselings are-they just historically be there for people to enjoy (or whine about), and ya just gotta deal with it!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100585 Apr 22, 2013
Sasha wrote:
<quoted text> Are you a Minister?
Mormons do not have ministers.
All Mormons are expected to preach.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100586 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.
Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.
And what is science's explanation of different skin color?
Ok, so you do not know why, but does it not make you question? Seems to me you brush it off as if it were nothing.
You are funny

Johnson City, TN

#100587 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I posted the book, chapter, and verse so you are not being truthful (which commandment is that? 9?)
Your post shows how weak your cult really is. Your cult is losing people daily it is dying.
And take your medication, you need it
You posted a lie, anyone can do it, mega church preachers do it so much better than you, however you seem to have a following of fools, as they do! I don't find it a big surprise since you serve the same master; and will reap the same end! HAHAHAHA. post on, you are still amuseing me!
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100588 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If they refuse service due to race, then I have a problem with it.
I certainly do not expect all to agree with me. Why would you assume this is what I think?
Meh, I don't want to reply, I don't like the way you dotted your i.

Get outa my shop, and have a nice day lol.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100589 Apr 22, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Try and stay outa DC then-there's a few them chiseled in stone-you know how those chiselings are-they just historically be there for people to enjoy (or whine about), and ya just gotta deal with it!
Well it is kind of hard to take down the old ones, but adding new ones is what I am talking about.
I think the old ones should stay, as a testament to what our old ways of thought were. It is historical.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#100590 Apr 22, 2013
Round and Round it goes, where it stops, goddiditdammit.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100591 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer briefly, I do not think God predestines His children to have a tendency towards a sin that He condemns.
So then by your reasoning here, no one is god-given the urge to have sex until marriage?
You are funny

Johnson City, TN

#100592 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I posted the book, chapter, and verse so you are not being truthful (which commandment is that? 9?)
Your post shows how weak your cult really is. Your cult is losing people daily it is dying.
And take your medication, you need it
Riddle me this priest how many commandments are there?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100593 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why it wasn't changed other than the answers I have provided. In God's time, 100 years is like 20 minutes? Maybe they were too tied up dealing with their own persecution at the time.
Again, I don't see how you think a prophet in the OT could be wrong about God's stance on homosexuality when entire cities were destroyed over the matter.
And what is science's explanation of different skin color?
Well they were not persecuted for over a hundred years, but keep making excuses for your churches epic failures.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#100594 Apr 22, 2013
613 give or take

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#100595 Apr 22, 2013
Lmao, "reasoning", that and belief, meltdown.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100596 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do you base your views on this one persons claims?
Even if his claims are honest, does that mean others are having same sex relations for the same reasons?
Surely you are aware most homosexuals claim they had no choice in their preference? Do you think they are all lying and only your one friend is truthful?
\
I note you still have not answered why you believe the prophets of the old testament when you have claimed some prophets are wrong.
No, of course not, that's why I said " for example". This was a singular example.

I don't think it is a "choice" in most cases. Do you remember making the "choice" to like math or not? Doubtful.

Yes, I have answered. You just didn't accept the answer. I believe in all truth that can be verified by the Holy Ghost. However, every truth in the Bible does not occupy my mind all the time. For example, great detail was written about the interior of the tabernacle that Moses was commanded to construct. But it isn't really relevant to me right now. I think it is neat to read, but it doesn't really pertain to me in my daily life. It certainly shows me that God cares about detail, which cements my belief that one must do much more than simple say "I believe in Jesus Christ", and they will be saved.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100597 Apr 22, 2013
Sasha wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a Minister?
No, not at all. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has no "ministers". We have an unpaid clergy made up of just members.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100598 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Many a biblical scholar would argue that Sodom and Gamorah being burned was not due to homosexuality, but rape and such. But we can all speculate. Clearly prophets speculate all the time and it becomes the supposed word of god.

The science I have read on the subject of skin color says when many generations of a people live in harsh, sunny environments, their absorption of sun changes. I can look up the exact chemical change if you wish,or maybe you can look it up in case you start to actually question the claimed words of god for a change.

Note, many generations is a long time depending upon the darkness. One estimate said a people may go from white to black in ten thousand years or maybe more. It is evolution.
So why aren't those from pacific islands black? Why aren't people from nearest the equator black? Why are Eskimos darker skinned? Why are there white people in Africa?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100599 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mormons do not have ministers.
All Mormons are expected to preach.
Not exactly preach. We don't even use that word. We believe in the admonition to warn our neighbor (to spread the good news of Jesus Christ).
I just personally like discussions of faith.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100600 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so you do not know why, but does it not make you question? Seems to me you brush it off as if it were nothing.
Of course I wondered why. But probably the last time I thought about it was several years ago. I have questioned many things in my lifetime.
But I believe the doctrines of my church to be true.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100601 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So then by your reasoning here, no one is god-given the urge to have sex until marriage?
Not necessarily. The powers of procreation are very powerful, and with that great power, we must be responsible.
I would imagine that these urges were one if the causes of young marriage back in ancient times (coupled with short life expectancies).

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100602 Apr 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well they were not persecuted for over a hundred years, but keep making excuses for your churches epic failures.
Weren't persecuted for over a hundred years? When was that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
megan marie rogers woolum 2 hr Curious 1
moma screwer 3 hr Piggy 8
Darren k west pickup Sampson lane election signs 6 hr Neighbor 1
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 6 hr Ruth 4
Darren k west please pick up political signs 9 hr Please 8
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 9 hr Please Darren 19
Darren k west clean up your signs 11 hr Jerry 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:20 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:20PM
Fitzpatrick Announced as Starter vs. Titans
NBC Sports 1:22 PM
Bengals turning into kings of the road - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab
NFL 2:01 PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:11 PM
Shaun Phillps lands with Colts