Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,901 - 95,920 of 130,472 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100402 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And you will get exactly what the people who prayed that Romney would win the election got
Yes... we prayed for a "Better" person like Romney to be in office, but....
Was reminded starkly, that....
God is in control, and these things MUST come to pass for
Christ's return!
We will not let our hearts be troubled again...
The end will not stop for anyone... not you... not I!
Repent, and BE Saved!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100403 Apr 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>More people to be SAVED!
Amen!
The ending of Shindler's list says it all!
Manic, much?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100404 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
You can have all the faith you want, that still does not give you rights over others. Your "faith" does not give you the right to violate the rights of other people
Now... you'll want to give rights to the Boston bomber...
What rights did the people have against them...
What rights do murdered Babies have against people like you?
Right is right, and
Wrong is Wrong!
Believer

Grayson, KY

#100405 Apr 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have no idea how your parents lived, that's very clear.
I know life was cleaner, more simple. People helped each other, cared for each other. You could trust, not wonder what everyone's motives were just because they offered a helping hand. Life is so sad now. Not knowing who your true friends are. I was raised to do right because I had a god to answer to. I feel bad for our children.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100406 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The government is denying me my faiths right to burn christians alive
Glad you said that!
Homeland security....
Homeland security....
Check this guy out!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100407 Apr 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Manic, much?
No! Not at all!
But thanks for your concern!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100408 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text> I know life was cleaner, more simple. People helped each other, cared for each other. You could trust, not wonder what everyone's motives were just because they offered a helping hand. Life is so sad now. Not knowing who your true friends are. I was raised to do right because I had a god to answer to. I feel bad for our children.
Amen!
Leave the keys in the car, front door open...
No worries...
Now.... it is sad!
God Bless, and have a great day!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#100409 Apr 21, 2013
Good day to you all!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100410 Apr 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yes... we prayed for a "Better" person like Romney to be in office, but....
Was reminded starkly, that....
God is in control, and these things MUST come to pass for
Christ's return!
We will not let our hearts be troubled again...
The end will not stop for anyone... not you... not I!
Repent, and BE Saved!
Revelation and prophecy has nothing to do with it unless you WANT an Armageddon to fulfill your fantasy.
Maybe if you stop praying for "Better" candidates like Romney and start nominating Better candidates THAN the ones you've helped elect we'll all be less troubled.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100411 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text> I know life was cleaner, more simple. People helped each other, cared for each other. You could trust, not wonder what everyone's motives were just because they offered a helping hand. Life is so sad now. Not knowing who your true friends are. I was raised to do right because I had a god to answer to. I feel bad for our children.
What's sad is that you're living in a depressed "reality" of your own creation.
I guess you must turn the tv off immediately after hearing about a tragedy and ignore everything following. You somehow miss out on all the reports of communities coming together to support the victims and restore their lives. You somehow miss the reports of people acting heroically and selflessly immediately after and even during tragedies.

Your post is typical of the small minded people who gobble up the BS that asshats like Glen Beck spew. Ignoring the facts. Facts like the violent crime rate in the US continuing to drop and reaching historic lows:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06/11/12...

Or maybe you just have some crappy fiends and neighbors. You can fix that you know...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100412 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
You mean you want to live back in the days that never existed. You ol' romantic, you.
Praying for the rapture

Logan, OH

#100413 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And you will get exactly what the people who prayed that Romney would win the election got
What kind of response is this to my post "What is God waiting on"?

Are you saying that when the rapture comes we will get Obama? If you wouldn't think so satanistic we might be able to communicate humanly.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#100414 Apr 21, 2013
Hello
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100415 Apr 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"...so long is it is NOT offending, insulting, critisizing, harming or hurting others in any way shape, fashion or form."
An immense Caveat. My Personal Code of Conduct could be entirely acceptable to you, but representative members of Christian congregations, to the YaAs, Known Facts and curious', my Beliefs are abominable until the day that I profess to be "born again" in their religion. THAT, I find to be offending, insulting, criticizing and harmful.
I just find it to be a personal choice...often parental, and then as individual adults.
Twice is enough, after that, I prefer ingrained salt water refreshment of soul myself :-).
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100416 Apr 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"lol.
Eh goodness, crazy is in the air everywhere today isn't it!" - TruthIs.
Derwoods ape picto-graph should be banned (if it hasn't already).

So stone-age and Contributory to stupidness.
TruthIs

Hazard, KY

#100417 Apr 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that atheists are violating your freedom of religion? Is that what you're trying to say here?
No, that's not what I said.

I said (summarized) I don't believe in ANYthing that promotes hate, violence, chaos, anarchy or terrorising others in way, shape, form or fashion.

Duh.
paul

Bethel Park, PA

#100418 Apr 21, 2013
Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
ok some things you posted are wrong completely .
first the for fathers wanted rdligion left out of stste and school . Two morals can be learned without a bible . three what you proposing is aginst the constitution . please if you have got this info from a church start checking what they say . I'm not. dogging church at all some people need it but there is a control aspect there that should not be there . The first steps is censoring what people are taught to what they think . that is how freedoms are lost and that is also what the churches do. jerry falwell jim stewart are a couple examples .
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100419 Apr 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I think your statement was "Saudis own FOX News."!
As 7% is not "Owning" anything... Might be the "Good Saudis" not
the bad ones... LOL
Osama... first two years...
Never saluted the troops...
Never placed his hand on his heart for the pledge!
Pictures prove that!
His handlers told him that we've noticed it, and NOW he does it!
He does not call Terrorism what it is!
Christian; Fallows Christ's teachings!
Saved by Grace, Through Faith in Jesus Christ...
The ONLY begotten of the Father!
Jesus did it ALL on the Cross!
We do NOT have to do the rest, because He did His best...
Jesus is NOT a Liar!
He said His Church would stand against the gates of Hell...
Yet Joseph Smith says it didn't....
We do not re-crucify Christ every mass, nor do we call any man "Father"...
Are there some in those that are saved? Only God knows!
Of course, you have been indoctrinated and believe in your radicalism.

Conservative Activists Rebel Against Fox News: Saudi Ownership Is ‘Really Dangerous For America’

http://thinkprogress.org/media/2010/02/10/814...

George W. Bush worship the Muslim God

Obama's Veterans Day (or Ft. Hood) Non-Salute
Description: Emailed photo / Hoax
Circulating since: Nov. 2009

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_obam...
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100420 Apr 21, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what I said.
I said (summarized) I don't believe in ANYthing that promotes hate, violence, chaos, anarchy or terrorising others in way, shape, form or fashion.
Duh.
Then you must not believe in the Christian God.

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100421 Apr 21, 2013
Praying for the rapture wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of response is this to my post "What is God waiting on"?
Are you saying that when the rapture comes we will get Obama? If you wouldn't think so satanistic we might be able to communicate humanly.
Your user name, you can pray all you want and get exactly what the people who prayed for Romney to win got.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DITCH MITCH 151,120
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Kane 1,294
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 47 min pusherman_ 81,596
hot girl a the funeral home 7 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 12 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 12 hr PARENT 15
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 13 hr Junk man 10
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs