Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,151

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100503 Apr 22, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is where you state that science cannot explain the mysteries surrounding, what turned out to be, your runaway dog:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...
Here's (and you repeated this several times) claimed that the events were "logically unexplainable"
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/somerset-ky/T...
I'm sure there are many many more, but it's too taxing to sift through weeks of posts to find examples. Besides, I'm sure that you're just going to come up with some ridiculous explanations/excuses.
<quoted text>
Immediately with the insults? Has anyone ever told you that you're an ass?
<quoted text>
I, and several others, provided perfectly rational (and common day) explanations for the "unexplainable" events surrounding the recovery of your missing dog. There was nothing remarkable about your story.
<quoted text>
I guess you, unsuprisingly, missed my point (note my previous reference to "pearls before swine").
I said that I know King Arthur was fictional. But there are still good lessons about honor and chivalry to be found in the Arthurian legends. In other words, I can respect the "teachings" without having to believe the characters are real.
There is no need for me to post ridiculous explanations,I leave that task to those who are experts in that field,like yourself.
Nothing contained in any of yours or others responses was based on Scientific evidence or logical proof.It was based on your opinions.
And you based your opinions on events that you knew nothing about or experienced
Suffice it to say,I have my faith and you have your beliefs and they are diametrically opposed.
I know precisely what my faith is based on,you don't.
I have personally experienced the events that led me to my faith,you haven't.
My faith is unshaken,as a matter of fact,the experiences that I've had on this website have served to strengthen my faith,not diminish it.
As a matter of fact,I had never fully understood the parable we have been discussing,until I came on this website and started participating in these discussions.
Then,it became very apparent to me.....
So I thank you and others,your unbelief has been used by my Lord Jesus Christ in order to strengthen my faith,by confirming the truth contained in the following parable

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and attack you.

For that reason,I have no need to continue the discussion on this topic.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100504 Apr 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need for me to post ridiculous explanations,I leave that task to those who are experts in that field,like yourself.
Nothing contained in any of yours or others responses was based on Scientific evidence or logical proof.It was based on your opinions.
And you based your opinions on events that you knew nothing about or experienced
Suffice it to say,I have my faith and you have your beliefs and they are diametrically opposed.
I know precisely what my faith is based on,you don't.
I have personally experienced the events that led me to my faith,you haven't.
My faith is unshaken,as a matter of fact,the experiences that I've had on this website have served to strengthen my faith,not diminish it.
As a matter of fact,I had never fully understood the parable we have been discussing,until I came on this website and started participating in these discussions.
Then,it became very apparent to me.....
So I thank you and others,your unbelief has been used by my Lord Jesus Christ in order to strengthen my faith,by confirming the truth contained in the following parable
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and attack you.
For that reason,I have no need to continue the discussion on this topic.
You really need to take your medication freak. Do they allow you to be around children? You should not be allowed around children.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100505 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>AWWW did you get caught in some lies? Are you taking your medication like the Doctors said?
You are a nut job troll and have no credibility
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100506 Apr 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
You Got something more you HAVE to say?
Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100507 Apr 22, 2013
JJG wrote:
What is really funny is that most Christians will end up in hell, according to the Bible on 12,000 will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Naaah,What is humorous is a fool pretending to be wise.

Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise

Revelation 7:5-9

King James Version (KJV)

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100508 Apr 22, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I didn't say it OR praise it-but YOU sure did.
I said, "so what if I was...", and then I went and planted some radi lol.
(plz be careful not to slip in your own dribble and off of your pedastal there now lol)
I'm not on a pedestal. I didn't state that I praise much of anything, but you do. Your "entitleMental" remark indicates that you have Malthusian tendencies - and the movement most closely associated with that particular evil is the Tea Party.
IF you subscribe to that ideology, THEN you are not in alignment with any of your self-professed saintliness.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100509 Apr 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously,you have no clue as to what you are talking about,but probably,consider yourself wise
King James Version (KJV)
5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.
6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nephthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.
7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.
8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.
9 AFTER this I BEHELD, and, lo, a GREAT MULTITUDE, which no man COULD NUMBER, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
If you are going to quote from the bible you should follow the bible.
"Holy shit batman, curious is batshit insane" Marvel comics 133 batman meets a wack job
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100510 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to take your medication freak. Do they allow you to be around children? You should not be allowed around children.
I did take my medication for what used to ail me,I was afflicted by a disease called unbelief. Read the Bible and was cured of my affliction.

You,on the other hand,are also afflicted by unbelief,but prefer,as your medication,gibberish and nonsense,which,in turn,only increases that which afflicts you....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100511 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Coming from you that is too funny.
Drink poison
The intellectual content of what you post,brings back memories of The 3 Stooges,,Always in a frenzy and talking nonsense

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#100512 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said truth is revealed every day. We learn more and more as we are prepared to receive it.
Even Adam didn't learn everything. And what he did learn certainly didn't come in one big lump.
But your prophet did the opposite of moving forward to learn. He put forth an idea that lasted in your church for over a hundred years that is immoral.
Point being, if your prophet is not leading you to learn, then dump the idea that a prophet has the ear of god.
But clearly you refuse to admit this could be possible. Just as Muslims refuse to believe Mohammad was the true prophet.

Followers in your church were disabled from learning how to be open to the idea black persons were not cursed black skin for a hundred plus years. What of them?

And again, one big lump is exaggerating the situation. Your church did not even keep up with government. It is pretty sad when someone who claims a moral authority is behind in morality.

How can you keep avoiding answering these charges?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100513 Apr 22, 2013
The Wondering Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that stupid?
I don't even know why I just ask that question. I already knew the answer.
Is it a mere coincidence that the countries with the highest fealty to the Abrahamic religions just happen to be the most violent, that those religious countries rank lower academically than "atheistic" countries and that the U.S. "Bible belt" states rank even lower still?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100514 Apr 22, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
IED barbaricness and brutality in Boston-and braindead igno-idiots are worried about Mormons?
Oh please.
I can walk and chew gum at the same time. Do you worry every second about Boston? I can see by your posts, the answer is no. So why be hypocritical?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100515 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you are going to quote from the bible you should follow the bible.
"Holy shit batman, curious is batshit insane" Marvel comics 133 batman meets a wack job
A wise man,learns nothing from a fool
Since I have learned nothing from you,I have put you on IGNORE

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100516 Apr 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it a mere coincidence that the countries with the highest fealty to the Abrahamic religions just happen to be the most violent, that those religious countries rank lower academically than "atheistic" countries and that the U.S. "Bible belt" states rank even lower still?
Back when the Internet was first started the churches spread rumors that it was the antichrist. I guess that information at your finger tips is anti christian

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100517 Apr 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
King James Version (KJV)
Revelation has no place in the New Testament and shouldn't have been included. That said, obsessing on all of these Bible verses, somebody is showing they have waaay too much time on their hands and waaay too little cognitive ability. Maybe you should do something productive, curious. Have you thought about taking up knitting or basket weaving? Maybe you can make plywood cutouts of duckies and horsies to sell at Flea World.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100518 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Every human can be wrong. That's what makes us human. That's also why we have to depend on the Holy Ghost to reveal truth to us.
The prophet even encourages us to pray about the things he tells us to receive our own witness of truth.
Still waiting for you to tell me the point of having an ear to god if you are such an epic failure to ask fundamental questions? BTW, clearly no one in the church was inspired by the holy ghost to find that Brigham was wrong for over a hundred years.
Sorry, but the track record of your church proves your concept a failure.
It is only human nature for followers of a religion to follow the leader. So if you put a leader on such a high pedestal as your church does, it is inevitable such problems will exist. Thus proving your church to not be true to its word. The prophet clearly and demonstrably does not have an ear to god, nor a holy ghost.
Keep trotting out these supernatural ways of finding truth and I expect you and your religion to keep making epic failures of moral reasoning.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100519 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I hear ya. But put yourself in that position. Do you think little southern boys and girls questioned their slave holding parents? Doubtful that more than 2% thought it out of the ordinary when it was all they had ever known.
I fail to see you having a point?
If you claim a moral high-ground or authority as your church does and your prophet supposedly speaks to god, then you have to prove yourself better than the worst of the bunch. So far your church has proved to not even keep up with American governmental standards.
You keep failing to acknowledge this point. You keep answering the same answer even as I pointed out the failure of the answer. What is up with that? Seriously, are you having a hard time understanding this simple concept or are you being stubborn?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100520 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Every prophet in the Old Testament had faults and sinned. It did not make them less of a prophet.
Actually I do think it makes them less of a prophet. This is one reason I do not believe in any of the claimed prophets. None pass the test of having an ear to a god. I do not just hand out that trust to anyone, do you? BTW, Moses failed in a massive way. He ordered the murder of three thousand of his followers for making a golden calf. This puts in on par with Bin Laden.
Also your prophet did not just make a personal sin, he instructed the whole of the church to follow the concept that he claimed was what god wanted. And your church followed that order for over a hundred years. Now keep sweeping that under the rug.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100521 Apr 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Back when the Internet was first started the churches spread rumors that it was the antichrist. I guess that information at your finger tips is anti christian
In the dark ages they said the same thing about books. Half of the profit of the Crusades was "rediscovering" writings that had been burned by the church. In the 18th century, lightening rods were the devil's work.
Now, every time a hurricane, wildfire, earthquake, virus or drought hits the same ilk say that it's God's wrathful judgment. Anything and everything that they don't (want to) understand is suspicious at best and guilty until unavoidable.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#100522 Apr 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, people are equal. Callings have different scopes of responsibilities.
Yes, in the real world we call that a hierarchy ladder.
If a prophet is no more important than a Deacon, then why did your church follow the immoral ideas of Brigham as if he were the big boss?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim bingham 20 min lucy 1
randy burnett 1 hr Creeker 11
Explosion in Flatlick? 1 hr Citizen 7
Britney Smith and Julius Blalock 3 hr KIM BROCK 7
sabrina 5 hr solution 2
a hero (Jul '09) 5 hr red and right 29
lets go to florida 6 hr Hatti_Hollerand 89
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web