Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,016

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
religion freedom

Canton, OH

#100364 Apr 20, 2013
Jesus never force anyone to be His if they do not want that.
Religion have to be freedom of choice not force of human systems or religion tradition.
If we put Bible teach in school who will teach and how present Bible in big diversity of Christian Churches today.
Believer

Grayson, KY

#100365 Apr 20, 2013
I believe the class should be offered but only with a parents signiture.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100366 Apr 20, 2013
Praying for the rapture wrote:
What is God waiting on?
And you will get exactly what the people who prayed that Romney would win the election got
religion freedom

Canton, OH

#100367 Apr 20, 2013
I believe in Christian education, and we as a parents we got big responsibility how educate our kids about God.
Bible teaching is not a class,it is LIFE style 24/7
Mix Spiritual teaching with public school system teaching can come to conflict

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100368 Apr 20, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good, and thank you-my decency, compassion, ethics and sense of wanting to treat others with humane-ness, finds abhorrent, depraved behavior unworthy of self application!
Like many others, you seem to gauge people's "decency, compassion, ethics" based on how closely their practiced faith mirrors your own. And if someone professes no faith in a deity they are filled with inhumane-ness, abhorrence and depravity?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
How insightful, special and droll of you.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100369 Apr 20, 2013
You can have all the faith you want, that still does not give you rights over others. Your "faith" does not give you the right to violate the rights of other people
Proteus

Columbus, OH

#100370 Apr 20, 2013
If the school receives Federal Funding it would be Illegal for them to teach the Bible. Goes against freedom of religion. Unless they create and facilitate classes on all religions. So, it's all or none. Your choice.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100371 Apr 20, 2013
Proteus wrote:
If the school receives Federal Funding it would be Illegal for them to teach the Bible. Goes against freedom of religion. Unless they create and facilitate classes on all religions. So, it's all or none. Your choice.
I do think that Satanism should be taught if the bible is taught

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100372 Apr 20, 2013
The government is denying me my faiths right to burn christians alive
Believer

Grayson, KY

#100373 Apr 20, 2013
I'm really sick of others Rights taking away from god fearing Americans. We can not live as our parents did because of others rights. We can't hang our gods pics, can't spank our children. Most are so busy we can't even be friends or neighbors. It's a sad world.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#100374 Apr 20, 2013
Proteus wrote:
I suppose thar eliminates the Religion of evolution! Good riddance!
gary

Los Angeles, CA

#100375 Apr 20, 2013
Im just glad they didn't when I was in school. That would suck.If you could choose to be in a class like that but didn't have to. It would be ok.
TruthIS

Hazard, KY

#100376 Apr 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many others, you seem to gauge people's "decency, compassion, ethics" based on how closely their practiced faith mirrors your own. And if someone professes no faith in a deity they are filled with inhumane-ness, abhorrence and depravity?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
How insightful, special and droll of you.
I wouldn't have any idea on how "closely" anyone's faith mirrors my own,
I figure that kind of thing is none of my business. I am not "them" and they are not "me".

So none of your judgement of me, even makes any sense to me.

Why are you trying to twist my words, when I already simply and plainly stated my belief, which included beliefs and lack thereof.

Again-

I refuse to believe in any "diety or attached beliefs or NON beliefs", be it a vapor of gases, the smallest scientific particle known, a worm, a group, a building, or anything, tangible or intangible, that REFUSES to acknowledge the RIGHTS of ALL people to live and let live PEACEFULLY, and to believe in what they so choose to, so long is it is NOT offending, insulting, critisizing, harming or hurting others in any way shape, fashion or form.

Because such belief (or LACK of belief) that Refuses to acknowledge the RIGHTS of these basic humane components, is NOT worthy, and knows NOT the ways of TRUE PEACE.

That is MY opinion.
TruthIS

Hazard, KY

#100377 Apr 20, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
You can have all the faith you want, that still does not give you rights over others. Your "faith" does not give you the right to violate the rights of other people
No, it does not. And neither does any lack of.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#100378 Apr 20, 2013
Believer wrote:
I'm really sick of others Rights taking away from god fearing Americans. We can not live as our parents did because of others rights. We can't hang our gods pics, can't spank our children. Most are so busy we can't even be friends or neighbors. It's a sad world.
You really have no idea how your parents lived, that's very clear.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100379 Apr 21, 2013
Matthew 24:4
King James Version (KJV)

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that "no man" deceive you.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#100380 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are YAA so you just got caught in a lie. Everything you post is a lie
I am not the "curious" poster...
That is another "GOOD" person!
Oh yes... This is another handle I forgot about...
Seems to fit here!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#100381 Apr 21, 2013
Believer wrote:
Yeah. Remember that time we were at the park and you snapped those adorable pics of Billy, Timmy, Suzy, and Jesus Christ playing together? Then Timmy hit Billy and we all got rods and hit him until our parental angers were abated?

Oh wait...that never happened.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#100382 Apr 21, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes YAA, it is exactly what the christian cult teaches.
The morals of the christian cult are "I have mine now I will kill you and take your so that I will have more"
So when you where high on meth you shot a jacket and than convinced yourself that you where wearing it and god saved you. The power of drugs
Lying again?...
You just can't help yerself!
It's in yer DNA!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#100383 Apr 21, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Matthew 24:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that "no man" deceive you.
Jesus was a man. Is he exempt from the list of men who might deceive?

Because there are cases in the Bible where God either encourages deceit or ignores it. And Jesus and God are pretty tight.

What if God is lying to you in various Bible verses for reasons you mortal mind cannot understand, much in the same way he lets kids be raped and murdered for reasons you cannot understand?

Just something to think about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos the best looking at jack wws 6 min bicycle 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min American 153,324
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min DITCH MITCH 4,733
A Rat In Knox County 1 hr True Anon 5
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 2 hr Good read 10
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 3,531
Mike Smith, Warren and Baker 3 hr Lisa 4
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 9 hr really 13
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••