Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,741 - 95,760 of 130,415 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his heart,There is no God
The inability of FOOLS to interpret this parable,
"“Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
serves to validate the truth which is contained therein.
As a dog,returns to his vomit,so does a fool,repeat his folly.
Like a lame man's legs, which hang useless, is a proverb in the mouth of fools....
The Bible is self supportive. As you so accurately state, it "serves to validate the 'truth' which is contained therein."
The odd thing is that much of that 'truth' is false, and much of church doctrine is not even IN the Bible.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fool has said in his heart,There is no God
The inability of FOOLS to interpret this parable,
Another example of your arrogance and ineptitude. You seem incapable of grasping the concept of dissent. You think that if anyone disagrees with you it means they don't understand what you're saying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
THANK YOU for confirming what I previously posted;
"Thank you for confirming the validity of that parable,"Do not give what is sacred to the dogs,nor cast your pearls before swine ,
they will only trample them underfoot and attack you"as you are a living example or what it signifies
But ,don't feel as though you are alone,you have a lot of company,barking and oinking all over this website "
So you couldn't think of anything original to say? Your well has run dry already? Come on now. Try harder.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just shows that you're stupid and don't listen to bible council you claim to believe.
I also THANK YOU,for VALIDATING The truth contained in the parable.
Your total inability to interpret it's meaning,serves to validate the truth contained therein,thereby,validating what was posted previously.

"Thank you for confirming the validity of that parable,"Do not give what is sacred to the dogs,nor cast your pearls before swine ,
they will only trample them underfoot and attack you"as you are a living example or what it signifies
But ,don't feel as though you are alone,you have a lot of company,barking and oinking all over this website "
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you couldn't think of anything original to say? Your well has run dry already? Come on now. Try harder.
John 5:39

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

Luke 4:16–17
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And xthe scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, In Isaiah 61;1,2

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[a]
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”[b]

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them,“Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Another example of your arrogance and ineptitude. You seem incapable of grasping the concept of dissent. You think that if anyone disagrees with you it means they don't understand what you're saying.
<quoted text>Instead of engaging in dialog and debate, you (Curious) immediately deflect and obfuscate and when that fails (which it always does) you (Curious) attack and insult.
Looks like you nailed it. Even after pointing it out to him, he is still oblivious to his habit. Trying to abuse people with the biblical verses... shameful behavior for a Christian, don't you think?
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The parable in question,If you understood it's meaning ,which you don't,and therefore ,inyour total state of foolishness,you ask me to try harder.....I am not trying harder,but,your answers serve to srengthen my faith by proving the validity of that which my lord,Jesus Christ,taught;'

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And xthe scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, In Isaiah 61;1,2

20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them,“Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Looks like you nailed it. Even after pointing it out to him, he is still oblivious to his habit. Trying to abuse people with the biblical verses... shameful behavior for a Christian, don't you think?
I couldn't agree more.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

bi-curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The parable in question,If you understood it's meaning ,which you don't,and therefore ,inyour total state of foolishness,you ask me to try harder.....I am not trying harder,but,your answers serve to srengthen my faith by proving the validity of that which my lord,Jesus Christ,taught;'
Wow are you stupid. Trying to prove that there is a god by quoting the bible is like trying to prove that transformers exist by quoting a comic book.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I can speak for every oinker and barker here, as you called us, when I say we understand the allegory of ‘pearls before swine’. And from your perspective, I’m sure it’s true. But what I can’t figure out is why you continue to do it. What argument do you think you’re winning with us when you post a bunch of scripture? What do you think you're proving? Your "pearls" only shine to you and your ilk. They mean nothing (other than a form of entertainment)to the rest of the world.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I believe I can speak for every oinker and barker here, as you called us, when I say we understand the allegory of ‘pearls before swine’. And from your perspective, I’m sure it’s true. But what I can’t figure out is why you continue to do it. What argument do you think you’re winning with us when you post a bunch of scripture? What do you think you're proving? Your "pearls" only shine to you and your ilk. They mean nothing (other than a form of entertainment)to the rest of the world.
What s/he is doing is proving my point that the christian cult is about elevating themselves above others. They defame others because they do not have the character to elevate themselves by their actions.
Social status and wealth is the christian god, as proven by bi-curious

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Wow are you stupid. Trying to prove that there is a god by quoting the bible is like trying to prove that transformers exist by quoting a comic book.
I know the ridiculous kjv god is not real but you say transformers are not real, I don't buy that.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Wow are you stupid. Trying to prove that there is a god by quoting the bible is like trying to prove that transformers exist by quoting a comic book.
bullcrap you lyin' nasty SOB. The only thing that's been saving the Earth from alien invasion is the FAITH that transformers are real. I know it FOR A FACT, because I have seen the MIRACLE of Optimus Prime's image burned into a waffle I had at Huddle House 4 years ago, so STFU!!!

ROFL!!

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
bullcrap you lyin' nasty SOB. The only thing that's been saving the Earth from alien invasion is the FAITH that transformers are real. I know it FOR A FACT, because I have seen the MIRACLE of Optimus Prime's image burned into a waffle I had at Huddle House 4 years ago, so STFU!!!
ROFL!!
Yep, any rational person can see it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!!
Stop stop, my sides are hurting. I am a blasphemer,

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Stop stop, my sides are hurting. I am a blasphemer,
Go find a "Ratchet" and ask for forgiveness.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

One of the boston bombers said he was very religious and that without religion there are no values. *sigh*

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

"islamic extremist-

Lets go bomb an embassy.

christian extremist-

Lets go bomb an abortion clinic.

Atheist extremist-

Lets go drink beer and talk about outer space."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down,
and cast into the fire.
Tell you what, prove your god is more than a myth, then your mythology will have more weight than a fairytale.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info