Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,785)

Showing posts 95,681 - 95,700 of127,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
This is off-topic, but I think I my browser just intercepted a potential drive-by attack while visiting this thread.
If you aren't doing so already, I highly recommend using an ad blocker and disabling javascript (for everything except Topix itself) while playing here.
When you get a pop up like that do NOT click on the pop up, not even the X. Use task manager to close the window, even if it has to close your browser.
The X may be an agreement to download a virus.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

bi-curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That potential drive by attack might have been caused by a school of fish,seeking revenge,for your having shotgunned one of their members.
call Chromiuman,he is an expert on nonsense and will be able to FISH you out of this predicament you have gotten yourself into.
I am sure he will through you a lifeline and reel you in.
You hae a fixation with fish and a fixation with sex.....maybe your wife needs antibiotics?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing - you should see them spin in circles during "Gay Days" at Disney. ROFL!
Meanwhile, their hypocrisy is alive and well. It's fine and dandy that Benny Hinn had a mansion in Heathrow, Rev. Brown was skimming the books at Faith World, deceased druggie Rev. Tims flew his helicopter to church every Sunday, Pastor Lorenz was hardly even questioned about abetting and harboring a teen-aged runaway girl and a theme park got tax exempt status because their "mission statement" is to convert Jews to Christianity.
Whatcha got, Curious - how about some nonsensical dribble about how that fish sticker on your trunk miraculously kept you from getting a parking ticket one day?
I have this
http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Fish-with-Horns-e...
on my car, no one tailgates me any more
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

The only list I am adding my name to,is,that list of those who believe in Jesus Christ and God,whether they be catholics,lutherans,baptists or some other denomination.
That to me,will be the greatest honor I could achieve.
That is something you are incapable of understanding.
I understand.

Calvary Baptist Nudist Church

http://dir.tylertxdirectory.com/tyler-nudist-...
The Real World

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Why do Christians want to ram religion down the public's throat? This country was not founded on the Christian Religion...most of the founding father's were Diests or Athiest....religion came later... teach and practice your religion at home and at your church people. Do you propose meditation sessions for Hindu's? Are you proposing to also teach from the Torah?? Hell no ! Stop thinking your so special as to have to include your religion in everything...school is where kids learn to be free thinkers...Thank the Stars for that !!! This is the modern era and seperation of church and state is a good thing... go and read your history books and see what the good ole Church of England did to its people !!! No one says you cant pray in school you have that right its just not assembled... not everybody is a Christian Believer... Having God in school is not going to stop shootings and tragedies either...you telling me because God wasnt in the Newtown school he just said "Oh well just guess I'll let this happen because they didn't pray to me today" Now how sick is that??? SHEEPLE GET A CLUE>

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
http://m.qfak.com/arts_humanit ies/religion_spirituality/?id= b19454&page=3

What a plagiarizing douchebag. I mean, seriously? You think you can just paste a bunch of semi-intelligent stuff, written by a different person, into the middle of your slack-jawed babbling and we won't notice? You're making me want to vomit. Do better, scumbag.
Dude, you aren't quoting anyone. Who are you addressing?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>When you get a pop up like that do NOT click on the pop up, not even the X. Use task manager to close the window, even if it has to close your browser.
The X may be an agreement to download a virus.
Exactly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>People can't help what they believe. If they have studied both sides then its not a personal choice what you think, it's just what you think. For me or those Mormon boys, it's not our fault we don't believe and to go through life acting like we do just doesn't make sense to me. There is no difference than being gay and acting like you're not. If there is a God then he knows I don't believe in him no matter how I act or how much worship I give.

Besides, I think God is a dick according to the bible. The sweet Jesus ending is still just a fluff story to make the OT not seem so evil. When I first left the JWs I still believed that crap but I would of rather died and got it over with than live forever with that ignorant group of aasholes. Becoming an Atheist later was just icing on the cake.

I enjoy your post buddy, in no way am I trying to be disrespectful when I reply to you, I'm just giving my honest opinion.
I know, and I appreciate your respectful responses, as well as your position. Makes for good conversation.

I think we all have tendencies to sin in some manner. And it isn't easy to resist it most of the time.
Some are easy for me. I don't cuss (anymore). Never drank alcohol or smoked cigarettes, done drugs, or anything like that. Abstained from sex until marriage (that was a lot tougher). Never thought about adultery at all. But controlling my temper, etc is a lot harder. Though not raised Mormon, I was raised with strong morals. I'm grateful for that. I'm a very ethical person in my day to day life because of it.
I personably think that being gay is more acceptable in our society now, so it is more open and talked about than ever in this country. I think that our lifestyles and views are shaped by our surroundings. Therefore I think that some people that are gay, were not born that way, but have been affected by their surroundings. However, maybe some people were born gay. I'm not going to say that could not happen. But to me it is a sin that they would need to learn to repress if they wanted to stay true to the faith. I have to repress some of my tendencies as well. I went through raging hormone days like everyone else, so I know it isn't easy, but I did it.
I know I will be attacked for this opinion, and that's ok. I can still put myself in the shoes of the other opinion, so I can understand their point too, and I don't harbor any ill feelings towards the opposite opinion. My heart goes out to them and I'd rather they leave the church altogether than kill themselves over the guilt and pressure that it can cause. I still think God wants us to be happy overall.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
He was addressing TruthIs.
TruthIs copied a huge piece of text from a blog and seemingly tried to embed it into his own rambling nonsense.
Of course, the plagiarized text stuck out like Dennis Rodman in a crowd of North Koreans.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew
13:13 Therefore I speak to them in parables: because they seeing
see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which
saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and
seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
13:15 For this people's heart is become gross, and [their] ears
are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at
any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with
[their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and
should be converted, and I should heal them.
13:16 But blessed [are] your eyes, for they see: and your ears,
for they hear.
Wrong Again Sparky..The following verses,found in the Old Testament,Isaiah 53;1 to 12 ,,Is Isaiah saying this of himself,or of someone else.

Isaiah 53:1-12

53 Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>He was addressing TruthIs.
TruthIs copied a huge piece of text from a blog and seemingly tried to embed it into his own rambling nonsense.
Of course, the plagiarized text stuck out like Dennis Rodman in a crowd of North Koreans.
LOL

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I did quote, and I have before when you were confused about what I was replying to. I find it a far more likely possibility that your computer/phone/browser is broken and not properly displaying quotes than that my computer is dreaming up quotes and putting them in my posts as I look back at them right now.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
But atheist don't like decency.
---
Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.
(Personally, I think that applies to ALL people-not just "fathers")
----
Galatians 5:19-26 ESV
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these.
I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law....
Great Post,,,Great contrast between those who live according to their human nature and those who diligently seek and fear God

Romans 3:10-18

10 As the Scriptures say,

“No one is righteous—
not even one.
11 No one is truly wise;
no one is seeking God.
12 All have turned away;
all have become useless.
No one does good,
not a single one.”[a]
13 “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.
Their tongues are filled with lies.”
“Snake venom drips from their lips.”[b]
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[c]
15 “They rush to commit murder.
16 Destruction and misery always follow them.
17 They don’t know where to find peace.”[d]
18 “They have no fear of God at all.”[e]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>The gay friends I know you would never know they were gay unless they told you. Even if they were out with their boyfriend you would think they were just friends. I'm not a big fan of public displays of affection for either side. A kiss goodbye is alright but to make out in front of people and ass grab is just things you do at home.

Now I don't like the gays that love to throw it in your face. They have to make sure everyone in the room knows it, dress stupid, talk funny and just pretty much are idiots. Now people like that I can see them being victims of their environment because they just seem weak minded. Maybe they think it's cool, maybe all their friends were doing it, who knows.

The gay friends I have hate those types as well and have nothing good to say about them. However talking to these guys and hearing their stories there is no doubt they were born that way and knew it from an early age. They even at times, especially during high school that they have wished they weren't. They even dated girls and tried to act otherwise to avoid being picked on or not accepted by their friends. They tell stories of people they knew that were beat for being gay, lost their jobs, parents kicking them out and all kind of horror stories.

If people would talk to gay people, the normal ones, not the flaming idiots then I think a lot of people would have a different opinion on them. Religion however I think has done the gay community a lot of wrong for a long time. That's just one of my problems with religion and a loving God.
I can agree with most all of this. I have friends as well, both normal as you describe, and flamers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>I did quote, and I have before when you were confused about what I was replying to. I find it a far more likely possibility that your computer/phone/browser is broken and not properly displaying quotes than that my computer is dreaming up quotes and putting them in my posts as I look back at them right now.
Not sure. I don't see it on the other posts. This one shows up just fine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I have this
http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Fish-with-Horns-e...
on my car, no one tailgates me any more
I have this one on my jeep:
http://www.amazon.com/Fish-N-Chips-Car-Emblem...
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You "would never judge them collectively..."?
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is fundamental to your preference for the third commandment to be interpreted as "talk nice" rather than than "don't be a hypocrite."
Okay, maybe I should've put a question mark at the end of that line...

"But (but) atheists don't like decency".(?)

Mm..on second thought.. nah...no need for a question mark.

I know I don't judge people collectively like that, not my problem if others merely "assume", wrongly.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>
I have this one on my jeep:
http://www.amazon.com/Fish-N-Chips-Car-Emblem...
LOL I LOVE IT!
Yours makes sense. I will have to order one
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, shut up, idiot. I comprehend everything here. I know when people, like you, are either disingenuous or stupid in their claimed opinions on logic.
You can't refute this:
<quoted text>
There is a good chance that you don't even understand it. Which is probably why you make up stupid definitions.
<quoted text>
That's utterly idiotic. Science is "done via" scientists, and through the scientific process. By nobody else and through no other process. It doesn't matter who funds it. Any person or organization can fund science if they chose, even if they have the most disgustingly anti-science opinions in existence. And they get no credit for doing anything other than supplying dollars to the people who really do things.
I honestly can't even comprehend what kind of a moron you must be if you think this line of thought is a valid response to a person saying "I'm saying you can't do science with religion". They are right. You can't do science with religion. Period. Quit being stupid.
<quoted text>
See, this is why nobody with any intelligence will ever respect your opinions. You yammer on and on about how science and religion can exist harmoniously, blah blah blah. Then, in the very next paragraph, you (based only on your religion) try to take a big steaming dump on science.
I don't care if you agree, because your anti-science opinions don't matter, but this is the reality: evolution is just as real as gravitation, valence bonding, atomic structure, plate tectonics, and anything else that we all know is real but is only a scientific "theory". The nature of a theory, in science, is that it is the pinnacle of comprehensiveness and reliability, and is more rigorously tested than anything in science.
There are libraries full of information and museums full of evidence that support evolution. So that means that you don't get to invalidate it by saying "I ain't been evolved from no monkey!!! God done made me out of dirt on the 6th day! Them evolutionists is dummer than me!". All that does is make you look stupid and demonstrate to the world exactly how incompatible religion and science are.
Nice try-go tell it to Jewee Spwinger ...him wikes that ghetto-gutter level monkeys-fallin-from-duh-sky kind of stuff your post is made out of.
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YES - now grab some fig leaves and hide your pagan faerie wings before your jealous god spanks you with an ugly stick.
lol.

Eh goodness, crazy is in the air everywhere today isn't it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,681 - 95,700 of127,983
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Le Jimbo 144,892
Ssi cuts foodstamps badly ! (Jan '13) 28 min Dude 82
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 39 min NO NO 81,552
blackberry's 1 hr Blackberry 6
Red Chevy Cruze 1 hr just found out 4
big yard sale 2 hr jackie 1
Barbie Carpenter 2 hr clueless 7
KC Basketball Coach 5 hr KC Fan 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 13 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
•••