Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,905

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#100249 Apr 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
bullcrap you lyin' nasty SOB. The only thing that's been saving the Earth from alien invasion is the FAITH that transformers are real. I know it FOR A FACT, because I have seen the MIRACLE of Optimus Prime's image burned into a waffle I had at Huddle House 4 years ago, so STFU!!!
ROFL!!
Yep, any rational person can see it.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100250 Apr 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
bullcrap you lyin' nasty SOB. The only thing that's been saving the Earth from alien invasion is the FAITH that transformers are real. I know it FOR A FACT, because I have seen the MIRACLE of Optimus Prime's image burned into a waffle I had at Huddle House 4 years ago, so STFU!!!
ROFL!!
Stop stop, my sides are hurting. I am a blasphemer,

“There is no god.”

USA

#100251 Apr 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Stop stop, my sides are hurting. I am a blasphemer,
Go find a "Ratchet" and ask for forgiveness.

“There is no god.”

USA

#100252 Apr 19, 2013
One of the boston bombers said he was very religious and that without religion there are no values. *sigh*

“There is no god.”

USA

#100253 Apr 19, 2013
"islamic extremist-

Lets go bomb an embassy.

christian extremist-

Lets go bomb an abortion clinic.

Atheist extremist-

Lets go drink beer and talk about outer space."

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#100254 Apr 19, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down,
and cast into the fire.
Tell you what, prove your god is more than a myth, then your mythology will have more weight than a fairytale.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100256 Apr 19, 2013
To those on this website who believe in God and Jesus Christ.You have expressed your reasons for the basis of your faith. Those on this website,who do not believe in God,are totally unable to understand the basis for our Sacred beliefs.and in their inability to do so,consider our beliefs to be foolishness.

This should not surprise us,the Apostle Paul spoke plainly on this subject 1 corinthians1;18 to 25

We,who believe in Jesus,do so ,by believing his teachings,and this is part of what he taught

10 And the disciples came and said to Him,“Why do You speak to them in parables?” 11 He answered and said to them,“Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;
15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them

Therefore the Parable,taught by Jesus
""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
is found to be truthful and accurate.
According to Jesus's teachings,in order to interpret his parables,you have to believe in him.
The Atheists claim they understand Jesus's parable,but do not believe in him.
Their false claim,that they understand the parable,is confirmed to be a false claim,since they have been unable to provide the answer as to it's meaning...They can not explain what Jesus meant when he said
"""Do not give what is holy to dogs" nor can they explain,what he meant when he says"and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
Thereby fullfilling Isaiah's prophecy"‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#100257 Apr 19, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"islamic extremist-
Lets go bomb an embassy.
christian extremist-
Lets go bomb an abortion clinic.
Atheist extremist-
Lets go drink beer and talk about outer space."
And Atlantis....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100258 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
To those on this website who believe in God and Jesus Christ.You have expressed your reasons ...
The Atheists claim they understand Jesus's parable,but do not believe in him.
Their false claim,that they understand the parable,is confirmed to be a false claim,since they have been unable to provide the answer as to it's meaning...They can not explain what Jesus meant when he said
"""Do not give what is holy to dogs" nor can they explain,what he meant when he says"and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and attack you"
Thereby fullfilling Isaiah's prophecy"‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;"
Holy cow! You think you're actually fulfilling biblical prophecies, don't you?

So, are you trying to recruit followers? Is that it? Do you imagine yourself a David Koresh? I can see it now: The Branch Moronians of the bi-curious. Have you gone so far as to pick out a location for your church/compound?

I'm interested to see which (if any) of the other lunatics in this thread sign-up. I'm looking at you TruthIs...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#100259 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
To those on this website who believe in God and Jesus Christ.You have expressed your reasons for the basis of your faith. Those on this website,who do not believe in God,are totally unable to understand the basis for our Sacred beliefs.and in their inability to do so,consider our beliefs to be foolishness.
So ... you have no evidence that your god is real.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#100260 Apr 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... you have no evidence that your god is real.
No.. he's just foolish...
Name

Richfield, OH

#100261 Apr 19, 2013
?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#100262 Apr 19, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow! You think you're actually fulfilling biblical prophecies, don't you?
So, are you trying to recruit followers? Is that it? Do you imagine yourself a David Koresh? I can see it now: The Branch Moronians of the bi-curious. Have you gone so far as to pick out a location for your church/compound?
I'm interested to see which (if any) of the other lunatics in this thread sign-up. I'm looking at you TruthIs...
Hey foolish one,your jig is up.You Are one individual,posting under different nicknames,in order to deceive one into believing,there are many.
You are posting under the name of Skeptikal Spektakals,Chromiuman,Satanic Priest,lol in a suit and Kidderhoffer
as evidenced by the time frame identified in your postings.
There are probably more GWB and Mysticmist
Of,course,you will deny it and ask for evidence.
Go back to what you posted today,using different nicknames and check the time frame...
Starting with POST100227 and 100228, and keep checking your subsequent postings using your aliases.You can deny it to your hearts content, and you will deny it,responding to my post,under all the different nicknames you are using..So,I do expect an avalanche of denials,from you and all your aliases.
Your sins have found you out.
Moreover,I am putting all your nicknames on ignore,since they are deceitful,dishonest and completely lacking in integrity.
You have previously admitted to using different nicknames when you posted under Jimmy Rants.....
Now,do something constructive and pick the lint out of your belly button....As of now,you and all your nicknames are on IGNORE.
So if you respond,it will be like talking to yourself,which you are very adept at,evidenced by your responding to your own postings using different nicknames

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100263 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foolish one,your jig is up.You Are one individual,posting under different nicknames,in order to deceive one into believing,there are many.
You are posting under the name of Skeptikal Spektakals,Chromiuman,Satanic Priest,lol in a suit and Kidderhoffer
Go back to what you posted today,using different nicknames and check the time frame...
Starting with POST100227 and 100228, and keep checking your subsequent postings using your aliases.You can deny it to your hearts content, and you will deny it,responding to my post,under all the different nicknames you are using..So,I do expect an avalanche of denials,from you and all your aliases.
Moreover,I am putting all your nicknames on ignore,since they are deceitful,dishonest and completely lacking in integrity.
You have previously admitted to using different nicknames when you posted under Jimmy Rants.....
Now,do something constructive and pick the lint out of your belly button....As of now,you and all your nicknames are on IGNORE.
So if you respond,it will be like talking to yourself,which you are very adept at,evidenced by your responding to your own postings using different nicknames
Wow are you a wack job.
You prove that your cult is...well a cult

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#100264 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
English, learn to type it.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#100266 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you are the reason we have middle fingers.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100267 Apr 19, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never heard of Jimmy Rants. Is this another of your fantasies? Are there fish involved in this one too?

I do feel like an idiot though. I take it from your reaction, that you and TruthIs are one and the same. I guess I should have seen that.
curious

Columbus, IN

#100268 Apr 19, 2013
Why would topix keep deleting a thread called "Boy Scouts go gay" down?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/boy-scou... ;
curious

Columbus, IN

#100269 Apr 19, 2013
I just noticed someone else on this thread posting as "curious".
Sorry to come on here using the same name. My IP always shows up as Denver CO.
TruthIs

London, KY

#100270 Apr 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In defense of TruthIs, Mendel's work on genetics supports both natural selection and modern evolutionary theory. the Vatican only opposed science that conflicted with their official doctrines. Current opposition of science among Christians is simply an expression of their individual and group insecurities.
Tsk, tsk...
Tsk, tsk...Just like when a certain potus stated not too long ago, that the Cold War was "over"....?

OBAMA: Governor Romney, I'm glad that you recognize that Al Qaida is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what's the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia, not Al Qaida; you said Russia, in the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because, you know, the Cold War's been over for 20 years.
But Governor, when it comes to our foreign policy, you seem to want to import the foreign policies of the 1980s, just like the social policies of the 1950s and the economic policies of the 1920s.

ROMNEY: Excuse me. It's a geopolitical foe, and I said in the same -- in the same paragraph I said, and Iran is the greatest national security threat we face. Russia does continue to battle us in the U.N. time and time again. I have clear eyes on this. I'm not going to wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Russia, or Mr. Putin. And I'm certainly not going to say to him, I'll give you more flexibility after the election.
But let me -- let me come back -- we can come back. Let's come back to what the president was speaking about, which is what's happening in the world and the president's statement that things are going so well.

Look, I look at what's happening around the world, and i see Iran four years closer to a bomb. I see the Middle East with a rising tide of violence, chaos, tumult. I see jihadists continuing to spread, whether they're rising or just about the same level, hard to precisely measure, but it's clear they're there. They're very strong.
see Syria with 30,000 civilians dead, Assad still in power. I see our trade deficit with China, larger than it's -- growing larger every year, as a matter of fact.

I look around the world and I don't feel that you see North Korea, continuing to export their nuclear technology, Russia said they're not going to follow Nunn-Lugar any more. They're back away from a nuclear proliferation treaty that we had with them.

OBAMA: But we're always also going to have to maintain vigilance when it comes to terrorist activities. The truth, though, is that Al Qaeda is much weaker than it was when I came into office. And they don't have the same capacities to attack the U.S. homeland and our allies as they did four years ago.

Pardon me, but I am a bit disappointed, again, hurt by the events in Boston, Benghazi having been a little much "skirted issues of terrorism" and weaking infrasturctures to more near levels of failed statehoods globally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 43 min pete 220
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr user 12
German shepard 3 hr doggy 2
Porsche mills 4 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 5 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 6 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
terry smith from the creek 10 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 13 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night