Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,581 - 95,600 of 129,027 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
Yes, you say you don't think it's justified. Then you go on to try to justify it by saying things about society, being too busy to ask God if it's OK, etc. That's what prompts the questions.

I could compare that sort of inconsistency with the people that say "Now, I ain't racist, but all them blacks don't do nothin but get a check first of the month and blow it on gold teeth and baggy pants". The "have it both ways" message, not the racism.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Missourians slaughtering men, women, and children because they were Mormon.
I see the predjudice correlation"

Then you get it, I guess? Except for the part where I didn't ask a question about that. I asked a question and simply used that to point out how your group was a victim of the same thing. The question was, basically, how a group that was so persecuted could persecute so easily, and for so long.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?"

I dunno... maybe the person I quoted?
I didn't see the quote at the top.

No, I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm giving you my best guess based on the time period and location. It isn't my job to justify anyone's actions but mine, and my kids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
Yes, you say you don't think it's justified. Then you go on to try to justify it by saying things about society, being too busy to ask God if it's OK, etc. That's what prompts the questions.

I could compare that sort of inconsistency with the people that say "Now, I ain't racist, but all them blacks don't do nothin but get a check first of the month and blow it on gold teeth and baggy pants". The "have it both ways" message, not the racism.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Missourians slaughtering men, women, and children because they were Mormon.
I see the predjudice correlation"

Then you get it, I guess? Except for the part where I didn't ask a question about that. I asked a question and simply used that to point out how your group was a victim of the same thing. The question was, basically, how a group that was so persecuted could persecute so easily, and for so long.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?"

I dunno... maybe the person I quoted?
Actually looking back, you didn't quote anyone at all. But your tone was duly noted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Fifty years from now there will probably be someone saying the same thing about homosexuals being allowed to hold the priesthood.
Homosexuals can hold the priesthood now
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You really could have stopped after this and not posted a full page. If you are going to speak of logic and reason, you need to actually know what they are. Nobody that understands logic would state that faith is logical. It is not. They are mutually exclusive. The application of faith requires committing multiple logical fallacies (false cause, personal incredulity, begging the question, black or white, etc.).
To answer your question:
To improve mankind's understanding of the universe and therefore improve lives.
Please do consider changing the name you post under until you actually learn what truth is.
How about you study your own faults...and the MANY LOGS of ignorance that lay with in yourself.

I'll post to whatever length I chose to.

And I find YOUR MERE opinion-to be NOTHING-but yet more abhorrence.

Don't like MY opinion and perspective on things- DON'T READ it.

Some things are -just THAT simple.

Do you follow people around and judge their posts out the same spite and JUDGEMENTALness as what you are projecting in your post?

Are you "Yiago" posting under another name?

If not, I asked NO question of you, in which case, you should ot be asnwering for someone else.

If you are Yiago, and are answering the question on a favorite quote- why don't YOU start with learning some truth, and apply some logic, and post under the same name, if you're going to answer a question?
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody that understands logic would state that faith is logical. It is not.
And just so you HAVE to look at your OWN flawed irrationality and ILLogic-

LOGIC: A person would have logical FAITH in something that is proven to be WORTHY of it...such as surgical abilities.

ILLOGICAL: To blindly follow some lame lemming herd pack of HATRED, that knows NOTHING of what they speak of...with NO ability other than to insylt others WITH ability.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so what?
What's your point?
That
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Worthiness is a matter between man and God. We do not compare to each other. That's God's job to judge.
is a bogus statement. You cannot help but "compare to each other" and you cannot help but to judge.
Beyond that, to be consistent with the tenets of most theology it is beyond man's place to assign the parameters and responsibilities of "God" or any other deity - even if you read it in a Book.
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith does not required evidence or proof. You have no evidence, just your own personal cult beliefs. Have you read "Kingdom of the Cults", add yourself to the list.
Con artists and those who hold themselves to be anything that they are NOT, are not worthy of "faith", while the well intentioned and proven worthy are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Worthiness is a matter between man and God. We do not compare to each other. That's God's job to judge."

is a bogus statement. You cannot help but "compare to each other" and you cannot help but to judge.
Beyond that, to be consistent with the tenets of most theology it is beyond man's place to assign the parameters and responsibilities of "God" or any other deity - even if you read it in a Book.
Well then maybe I'm an oddball. I don't take the effort to judge because I don't care enough about that. It doesn't matter. I have my own issues and faults to deal with without trying to rank myself against anyone.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
In America, it called the Constitutional right to Freedom OF Religion.
No one can have freedom OF religion with out being free FROM other peoples religion.
The christian cult violates peoples right to freedom of their religion by denying them freedom from the christian cult
You do not see the Amish bashing any one and trying to shove their beliefs down others throats now do you?
What about the Hindu religion? Heard about them bashing people and shoving Hinduism down some ones throat?
Lets teach Hindu in schools

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Con artists and those who hold themselves to be anything that they are NOT, are not worthy of "faith", while the well intentioned and proven worthy are.
Fu ck your faith
lolwut

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Let them teach any thing they want in the schools. Just dont try to force it on the kids that dont wish to participate.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone need permission to speak, unless in a public forum or similar situation, generally requiring such for the rationality of decent civility and non-chaotic, decent communication?
Some people are so stupid they have to be told when to speak, eat, go to the bathroom,etc
How about you study your own faults...and the MANY LOGS of ignorance that lay with in yourself.

I'll post to whatever length I chose to.

And I find YOUR MERE opinion-to be NOTHING-but yet more abhorrence.

Don't like MY opinion and perspective on things- DON'T READ it.

Some things are -just THAT simple.

Do you follow people around and judge their posts out the same spite and JUDGEMENTALness as what you are projecting in your post?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith? That just means that you blindly follow. No reason or logic because those require thought and thought and faith do not work.
Hey, if you do not like what people post than do not read them, it is that simple

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

lolwut wrote:
Let them teach any thing they want in the schools. Just dont try to force it on the kids that dont wish to participate.
The problem is that they would force it on the children. The christian cult is dying and they are desperate to brainwash innocent children.
The teachers who are jesus freaks would bully students in to studying the bible and there would be preachers in the schools going around trying to con children
Plus, with such high numbers of christians raping children they should not be allowed in schools period

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Fu ck your faith
Geez dude. Keep it clean. Will ya?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez dude. Keep it clean. Will ya?
What is unclean about my post?
And I am not going to be censored. I expressed my utmost contempt for a troll. The poster does not deserve any respect.
I do not find words to be unclean.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA
I asked him a question"Like trying to kill a fish by drowning it in an empty water bucket."
"I am sure that makes sense to you.."
And it should have,I provided him with all the necessary information needed to drown a fish.
Any one with half a brain would understand that,if you keep a fish out of water long enough,it would suffocate.It is not rocket Science. You ever hear of "flopping around like a fish out the water.
Now,you can drown a human by submerging him in water for a certain period of time.If you keep him submerged long enough,he will drown,,,,Common sense
Obviously,Skeptikal Spektakal did not catch on to what was very obvious.
In order to prove me wrong,he filled the bucket and held the fish underwater for well over an hour..The fish did not drown and in a fit of anger he got a double barreled shotgun and shot in then head...LOL
Again, your logic and knowledge are far more limited than your anger. Depending on the size and type of fish, it is likely that it will drown in a bucket of water. Certain fishes such as goldfish and labyrinth fishes can take oxygen from air, but most other fish will suffocate in a bucket of water unless it is aerated.
Your story about another poster is obviously fabricated. It seems that being clueless about live wells and the 9th commandment can be added to the list.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
And just so you HAVE to look at your OWN flawed irrationality and ILLogic-
LOGIC: A person would have logical FAITH in something that is proven to be WORTHY of it...such as surgical abilities.
ILLOGICAL: To blindly follow some lame lemming herd pack of HATRED, that knows NOTHING of what they speak of...with NO ability other than to insylt others WITH ability.
LOL.
Yeah, that's how it works.
If you don't like the definition of the words being used, make up new ones.
But I do find it quite hilarious that you probably don't think your "illogical" definition applies to you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then maybe I'm an oddball. I don't take the effort to judge because I don't care enough about that. It doesn't matter. I have my own issues and faults to deal with without trying to rank myself against anyone.
You make judgments all the time. You automatically take risk assessments of situations and people. While that may not equal your personal definition of being "judgmental", it is a reaction you cannot avoid. Accepting or denying that fact doesn't change the fact, so no - that practice doesn't make you an oddball. What makes one an oddball is realizing it and attempting to overcome the shortcoming.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your advice has not been requested and is rejected on the basis that the source in question, is not reliable,having been found of basing his opinions on inaccurate,misleading and intentionally misinterpreted information.
I see that you CUT N PASTED my response to GWB and are now trying to pass it off as your owm...
Which serves to confirm that old axiom
The fool,devoid of wisdom,will attempt to deny his foolishness by repeating the wise sayings of others as if they were his own

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 min freak 81,565
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min DITCH MITCH 147,146
1 Blessing From God 14 min Stephen Levi 19
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 1 hr Huh 18
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,812
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Toby 4
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Ten Four 6
john sowders 3 hr she will 6
New club in Barbourville? 12 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters