Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141440 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#100184 Apr 18, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
But atheist don't like decency.
---
Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.
(Personally, I think that applies to ALL people-not just "fathers")
----
Galatians 5:19-26 ESV
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these.
I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law....
Great Post,,,Great contrast between those who live according to their human nature and those who diligently seek and fear God

Romans 3:10-18

10 As the Scriptures say,

“No one is righteous—
not even one.
11 No one is truly wise;
no one is seeking God.
12 All have turned away;
all have become useless.
No one does good,
not a single one.”[a]
13 “Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave.
Their tongues are filled with lies.”
“Snake venom drips from their lips.”[b]
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”[c]
15 “They rush to commit murder.
16 Destruction and misery always follow them.
17 They don’t know where to find peace.”[d]
18 “They have no fear of God at all.”[e]

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100185 Apr 18, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>The gay friends I know you would never know they were gay unless they told you. Even if they were out with their boyfriend you would think they were just friends. I'm not a big fan of public displays of affection for either side. A kiss goodbye is alright but to make out in front of people and ass grab is just things you do at home.

Now I don't like the gays that love to throw it in your face. They have to make sure everyone in the room knows it, dress stupid, talk funny and just pretty much are idiots. Now people like that I can see them being victims of their environment because they just seem weak minded. Maybe they think it's cool, maybe all their friends were doing it, who knows.

The gay friends I have hate those types as well and have nothing good to say about them. However talking to these guys and hearing their stories there is no doubt they were born that way and knew it from an early age. They even at times, especially during high school that they have wished they weren't. They even dated girls and tried to act otherwise to avoid being picked on or not accepted by their friends. They tell stories of people they knew that were beat for being gay, lost their jobs, parents kicking them out and all kind of horror stories.

If people would talk to gay people, the normal ones, not the flaming idiots then I think a lot of people would have a different opinion on them. Religion however I think has done the gay community a lot of wrong for a long time. That's just one of my problems with religion and a loving God.
I can agree with most all of this. I have friends as well, both normal as you describe, and flamers.

Location hidden

#100186 Apr 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>I did quote, and I have before when you were confused about what I was replying to. I find it a far more likely possibility that your computer/phone/browser is broken and not properly displaying quotes than that my computer is dreaming up quotes and putting them in my posts as I look back at them right now.
Not sure. I don't see it on the other posts. This one shows up just fine.

Location hidden

#100187 Apr 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I have this
http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Fish-with-Horns-e...
on my car, no one tailgates me any more
I have this one on my jeep:
http://www.amazon.com/Fish-N-Chips-Car-Emblem...
TruthIS

London, KY

#100188 Apr 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You "would never judge them collectively..."?
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is fundamental to your preference for the third commandment to be interpreted as "talk nice" rather than than "don't be a hypocrite."
Okay, maybe I should've put a question mark at the end of that line...

"But (but) atheists don't like decency".(?)

Mm..on second thought.. nah...no need for a question mark.

I know I don't judge people collectively like that, not my problem if others merely "assume", wrongly.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100189 Apr 18, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I LOVE IT!
Yours makes sense. I will have to order one
TruthIS

London, KY

#100191 Apr 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, shut up, idiot. I comprehend everything here. I know when people, like you, are either disingenuous or stupid in their claimed opinions on logic.
You can't refute this:
<quoted text>
There is a good chance that you don't even understand it. Which is probably why you make up stupid definitions.
<quoted text>
That's utterly idiotic. Science is "done via" scientists, and through the scientific process. By nobody else and through no other process. It doesn't matter who funds it. Any person or organization can fund science if they chose, even if they have the most disgustingly anti-science opinions in existence. And they get no credit for doing anything other than supplying dollars to the people who really do things.
I honestly can't even comprehend what kind of a moron you must be if you think this line of thought is a valid response to a person saying "I'm saying you can't do science with religion". They are right. You can't do science with religion. Period. Quit being stupid.
<quoted text>
See, this is why nobody with any intelligence will ever respect your opinions. You yammer on and on about how science and religion can exist harmoniously, blah blah blah. Then, in the very next paragraph, you (based only on your religion) try to take a big steaming dump on science.
I don't care if you agree, because your anti-science opinions don't matter, but this is the reality: evolution is just as real as gravitation, valence bonding, atomic structure, plate tectonics, and anything else that we all know is real but is only a scientific "theory". The nature of a theory, in science, is that it is the pinnacle of comprehensiveness and reliability, and is more rigorously tested than anything in science.
There are libraries full of information and museums full of evidence that support evolution. So that means that you don't get to invalidate it by saying "I ain't been evolved from no monkey!!! God done made me out of dirt on the 6th day! Them evolutionists is dummer than me!". All that does is make you look stupid and demonstrate to the world exactly how incompatible religion and science are.
Nice try-go tell it to Jewee Spwinger ...him wikes that ghetto-gutter level monkeys-fallin-from-duh-sky kind of stuff your post is made out of.
TruthIS

London, KY

#100192 Apr 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YES - now grab some fig leaves and hide your pagan faerie wings before your jealous god spanks you with an ugly stick.
lol.

Eh goodness, crazy is in the air everywhere today isn't it!
TruthIS

London, KY

#100193 Apr 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://m.qfak.com/arts_humanities/religion_sp...
What a plagiarizing douchebag. I mean, seriously? You think you can just paste a bunch of semi-intelligent stuff, written by a different person, into the middle of your slack-jawed babbling and we won't notice? You're making me want to vomit. Do better, scumbag.
Like I would waste one iota of a second, clicking on some link?

Thanks, but no thanks, I can think for myself-and hold My OWN opinions. I do not care what yours are!

Glad you found some of MY imputed copy and paste semi-intelligent though, I do strive for unbiased, factual quality in reading materials!

Puke away!
TruthIS

London, KY

#100194 Apr 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
The X may be an agreement to download a virus.
and dem shore can lead to twubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbble lol
TruthIS

London, KY

#100195 Apr 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I LOVE IT!
Yours makes sense. I will have to order one
Wartch where you park yer car-in some areas, people will try and steal it!
TruthIS

London, KY

#100196 Apr 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I have this
http://www.amazon.com/Satan-Fish-with-Horns-e...
on my car, no one tailgates me any more
Bug-eyed plaskit nose lol
TruthIS

London, KY

#100197 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
He was addressing TruthIs.
TruthIs copied a huge piece of text from a blog and seemingly tried to embed it into his own rambling nonsense.
Of course, the plagiarized text stuck out like Dennis Rodman in a crowd of North Koreans.
I Stated "find the cite source yerself"

lol
TruthIS

London, KY

#100198 Apr 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd like to file a report on yewr stickers lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100199 Apr 18, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, maybe I should've put a question mark at the end of that line...
"But (but) atheists don't like decency".(?)
Mm..on second thought.. nah...no need for a question mark.
I know I don't judge people collectively like that, not my problem if others merely "assume", wrongly.
Nor mine. I do prefer that people be honest with themselves as well as with others - so I don't buy into the clergy constructed artifice that so many Xtians gobble like a trinity scoop ice cream cone on a hot day.

I prefer decency. I find far more villainy in what is said than in what words are employed to say it - so while I attempt to mind BOTH the 3rd and 9th commandments as I see them, you go right on ahead and assume your God Given Duty to play grammar police.

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100200 Apr 18, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I would waste one iota of a second, clicking on some link?
Thanks, but no thanks, I can think for myself-and hold My OWN opinions. I do not care what yours are!
Glad you found some of MY imputed copy and paste semi-intelligent though, I do strive for unbiased, factual quality in reading materials!
Puke away!
LOL
The link wasn't for you, moron. It was for other people to click so that they would have another reason to laugh at you.
Anonymous

Lima, OH

#100201 Apr 18, 2013
Just want say to the people of kentucky check your land Deeds for the oil and gas companies will lie to you also the coal companies they will go in and buy the surface and then claim the minerals in the ground when our anscestors are the rightful owners now your poloticians change the law aginst you the people of kentucky you should fight the corporation,How can the goverment let these companies go in and steal millions of dollars of minerals and it is ok, if we the people go and steal a loaf of bread we go to jail but the local polaticians and the local goverment and their familes has it all tied up and we talk about God and church . but let me say For Gods said what is done in the dark will be brought to the light the sad thing that these coporate owners pays for churches donate to schools and to politicans but yet these people are so corupted even the ones who work their for they know whats going on it is at every level what a great country we live in it is just some of the people make it bad Heaven and hell is the same as good and evil thats is what Jesus Christ wanted us to know do not lie cheat or steal and look around what the goverment and the corporation in america is doing to us the people the law is aginst we the pepople law are made for the corporation not us .
TruthIs

London, KY

#100202 Apr 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor mine. I do prefer that people be honest with themselves as well as with others - so I don't buy into the clergy constructed artifice that so many Xtians gobble like a trinity scoop ice cream cone on a hot day.
I prefer decency. I find far more villainy in what is said than in what words are employed to say it - so while I attempt to mind BOTH the 3rd and 9th commandments as I see them, you go right on ahead and assume your God Given Duty to play grammar police.
Why thank you. You know how that goes, sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't!

Where do you get your ice cream cones at? That sounds goooduh lol.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100203 Apr 18, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.
Eh goodness, crazy is in the air everywhere today isn't it!
Like the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times?"
Since you mention it, I can't say the last time I saw a lady running around with cellophane wings duck-taped to her back, even at Wal-Mart.
TruthIs

London, KY

#100204 Apr 18, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The link wasn't for you, moron. It was for other people to click so that they would have another reason to laugh at you.
TruthIs wrote:(To skepatical)
<quoted text>
Hey, I thought this was a "hate on duh Katlicks" thwreaduh--now ya wanna drag hollywierd freakniess into it?:-)
----------

Ummmmm replied to TruthIS
It is all very well to point out that important scientists, blah blah blah as if it's not obvious that I'm a moron and didn't write this

http://m.qfak.com/arts_humanities/religion_sp ...

What a plagiarizing douchebag. I mean, seriously? You think you can just paste a bunch of semi-intelligent stuff, written by a different person, into the middle of your slack-jawed babbling and we won't notice? You're making me want to vomit. Do better, scumbag.

Might want to recheck that cause ummmm....If the quote to sayz.....

Did you click on one of those baduh viri links maybe?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Confederate flags 46 min Fd-up 4
Divorce attorney recommendations? 1 hr rambo 4
is someone missing a phone from waterpark lastweek 2 hr gator 5
Justice For All... 3 hr Him 9
The Oven Mitt 3 hr Town girl 4
Big n lil Danny hubbard 3 hr Mom 4
truck payments (Dec '14) 4 hr Dead beat 52
Is the Knox co courthouse still performing marr... 8 hr Facts 20
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search